Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

5 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I think they are, although they do have a couple of injury prone centre backs. I thought Goldson was offski in the summer, refusing to sign a new contract?

The season ends in May, so it’s a maximum of months not playing, although not sure exactly when contract ends but he’ll have a pre season then ready for season starting in August, not sure that’s a big issue for Rangers. 

June 30th normally.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

5 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I think they are, although they do have a couple of injury prone centre backs. I thought Goldson was offski in the summer, refusing to sign a new contract?

The season ends in May, so it’s a maximum of months not playing, although not sure exactly when contract ends but he’ll have a pre season then ready for season starting in August, not sure that’s a big issue for Rangers. 

Maybe Goldson will be moving in this window too? If so would improve our bargaining position.

Fozzyonthefence
11 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I think they'll pay £500k and a 10% sell on fee and he'll move this week. 

Souttar will be keen to leave now. 

Souttar will be but how bothered are the Huns? Most of the Paterson money is needed to keep the lights on but maybe they could use what’s left over - it was reported as £11.5 / £12m up front wasn’t it?

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I'd like to believe that. 

These pricks clearly don't care about their new players welfare. 

They'll be delighted to have caused unrest at Tynecastle. 

They said years ago in a club statement that clubs who voted against them being allowed to stay in the Premier would feel the wrath of the The Rangers when they got back to their rightful position in Scotland. 

This is just an example of that. 

Fozzyonthefence
17 minutes ago, BRAVEHEART1874 said:

Sevco dont need him as according to some tav is even better when standing in at cb. :lol: Whilst back in reality when goldson leaves they are probably goosed if souttar ever gets a similar injury again. Just pony up even the 400,000 rumour will leave a few of them raging it seems 

You wonder planet some of these guys are on!  They’ve just got a ridiculous fee for an unproven bench warmer but moaning about potentially paying £400k for a 25 year old internationalist?!  I don’t think there’s any chance they will pay that mind you unless, as you say, they manage to sell Goldson.  But do they want to sell him?  They won’t get much for him either.

Souttar said if he went to Rangers he'd want to go straight away. Despite all the drama, he'll definitely go this month. Can't see Rangers messing him about before he kicks a ball. The hatred being shown on here is pretty bad but not unexpected.

I think Rangers will stump up for him before the AT cup tie.  They won't want him cup tied and that could be Hearts bargaining position.

We'll just have to wait and see.  Despite what we read on here and elsewhere, £500,000 is small change to them.

10 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I think Rangers will stump up for him before the AT cup tie.  They won't want him cup tied and that could be Hearts bargaining position.

We'll just have to wait and see.  Despite what we read on here and elsewhere, £500,000 is small change to them.

Surely all this was considered when he signed. I think there's stuff we don't know. They should clarify things before Tuesday nights game. No doubts the lunatics will be in full voice.

Francis Albert
12 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Surely all this was considered when he signed. I think there's stuff we don't know. They should clarify things before Tuesday nights game. No doubts the lunatics will be in full voice.

Who should clarify what things to whom?

On 15/01/2022 at 08:52, ShedBoy said:

Am I the only one that thought Vanecek looked in good nick? 

Not at all.

I, for one, was fairly whelmed when he turned up at the training camp looking like he meant business.

Whether he was simply ill-prepared, or was badly managed, I cannot say. But, he looked impressive.

Mind you, his shorts could've been used as an emergency sail on a yacht.

received_317929030260579.jpeg

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

I'd like to believe that. 

These pricks clearly don't care about their new players welfare. 

They'll be delighted to have caused unrest at Tynecastle. 

They said years ago in a club statement that clubs who voted against them being allowed to stay in the Premier would feel the wrath of the The Rangers when they got back to their rightful position in Scotland. 

This is just an example of that. 

Looking at the league table why should Rangers be delighted at causing unrest at Tynevcastle? The table shows we are the most likely side to take points from their main and in reality only rivals for the title.

And haven't fans on here been vociferous about hoping clubs who voted for our demotion should feel the wrath of Hearts?

I doubt we’ll see The Rangers pony up, if they do Souttar will have a decision to make and it’ll be which stand to sit in. He’s no breaking up their CH pairing right now. 

10 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

And clarify what things exactly?

Despite the media coverage and the usual online abuse from the lunatic fringe, the club have said nothing.

They could "clarify" if there are ongoing talks between the clubs re-fee for January move, which would take the heat out of the situation. I don't blame the player at all for moving to a higher wage, and he did say if he goes to Rangers he'd prefer to go in January. 

Souttar

HeartsandonlyHearts
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nope, just not getting a warm fuzzy feeling about this. They’d love to see us turn on Neilson along with Souttar. And it’ll happen if we play him Tuesday and even more likely if we don’t cup tie him.

HeartsandonlyHearts
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Looking at the league table why should Rangers be delighted at causing unrest at Tynevcastle? The table shows we are the most likely side to take points from their main and in reality only rivals for the title.

And haven't fans on here been vociferous about hoping clubs who voted for our demotion should feel the wrath of Hearts?

We could also take points from them. It works both ways surely?

1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

Not at all.

I, for one, was fairly whelmed when he turned up at the training camp looking like he meant business.

Whether he was simply ill-prepared, or was badly managed, I cannot say. But, he looked impressive.

Mind you, his shorts could've been used as an emergency sail on a yacht.

received_317929030260579.jpeg

He looks like a fat Christian Bale. 

:verysmug:

Sootar Oot. 

Edited by HMFC01

25 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I didn't realise England was that far away. 

Last month. 

"Hearts and Scotland star John Souttar is set to snub offers from Rangers and Celtic and wants to move to England when his Tynecastle contract ends in the summer – according to a report.

The Daily Record claim that the Jambos stalwart has his eyes set on a move south of the border, despite the Gorgie side wanting to keep him in Edinburgh and the Old Firm wanting to take him across the M8 to Glasgow."

Heart said move south, Wallet said wait a minute plonker.    Joking aside, it looks like it's all been setup to get the best deal, money wise.   I wonder why Rangers are so desperate.    He's not that great and has serious medical issue previously, that could flare up again.   Could be they wanted to get one over Celtic.    Although they gave up apparently. 

" If Souttar does leave Hearts in January, former side Dundee United will be entitled to a percentage of any fee – and it would be a big gamble for the Jambos to let him leave without signing a replacement." 

I suppose the best deal would be a %on next sale.   So we can stiff DU on a % of their own.    Undisclosed to further rile them. 

7 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Last month. 

"Hearts and Scotland star John Souttar is set to snub offers from Rangers and Celtic and wants to move to England when his Tynecastle contract ends in the summer – according to a report.

The Daily Record claim that the Jambos stalwart has his eyes set on a move south of the border, despite the Gorgie side wanting to keep him in Edinburgh and the Old Firm wanting to take him across the M8 to Glasgow."

Heart said move south, Wallet said wait a minute plonker.    Joking aside, it looks like it's all been setup to get the best deal, money wise.   I wonder why Rangers are so desperate.    He's not that great and has serious medical issue previously, that could flare up again.   Could be they wanted to get one over Celtic.    Although they gave up apparently. 

" If Souttar does leave Hearts in January, former side Dundee United will be entitled to a percentage of any fee – and it would be a big gamble for the Jambos to let him leave without signing a replacement." 

I suppose the best deal would be a %on next sale.   So we can stiff DU on a % of their own.    Undisclosed to further rile them. 

I've often wondered when these sell on %end. Does United's sell on definitely end when JS leaves Hearts ?

Edited by ri Alban

40 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I've often wondered when these sell on %end. Does United's sell on definitely end when JS leaves Hearts ?

Yes I think that's right.    I have  just read his particular deal ends when his current contract runs out in the summer.    %10 they have on him apparently.    

I think we could ask for %25 and 500k as a fair price for a January move.    That's not being Maroon tinted.   Or less money more %. 

2 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

Yes I think that's right.    I have  just read his particular deal ends when his current contract runs out in the summer.    %10 they have on him apparently.    

I think we could ask for %25 and 500k as a fair price for a January move.    That's not being Maroon tinted.   Or less money more %. 

👍 cheers, Bud.

6 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Souttar will be but how bothered are the Huns? Most of the Paterson money is needed to keep the lights on but maybe they could use what’s left over - it was reported as £11.5 / £12m up front wasn’t it?

I think that’s right though some media sources didn’t report how the Paterson money would be paid. 

Rangers will no doubt offer something and a negotiation will take place. Not popular I know but we should just take whatever we can get. It’s more important to bring the situation to an end than whether we get 150k or 500k imo. The damage is already done. What follows is choosing the least worst option. 

6 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

😂😂😂

Just keep him at the club and play him, he would quickly be found out if he isn’t putting in the effort.  

I fully expect rangers to put in a £30k bid or something to get him early

A_A wehatethehibs
5 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Just keep him at the club and play him, he would quickly be found out if he isn’t putting in the effort.  

I fully expect rangers to put in a £30k bid or something to get him early

Just depends on how much they want him this season. The amount they offer will be a message to the player himself about how highly they rate him and how much they want him. They’re not going to offer £30k, it’s derogatory to the player and has zero chance of succeeding. They will basically have to meet Hearts asking price to get him now. 

Hearts have several million quid worth of European football to play for so I reckon it could be up to £1m price. It’s up to Rangers to meet our price in order to get him. He’s our player. The club doesn’t give 2 hoots about fan polls of fans in the huff that a player is leaving. 

To me the message seems to be, Hearts are financially comfortable and don’t need to sell, and not bothered for him to leave on a free as long as we achieve our objective of getting 3rd. We’re only letting him leave if we get the cash we need to replace him. 

So it just depends if Rangers are wanting him now or not. Either pay or wait.

So for that reason everything will depend whether they are selling Goldson, and how important GVB feels it is to get Souttar now. 

As for him continuing to play and give his all, to be honest I’ve got no doubts. He’s been out so long, he is enjoying his football. If anything he will need to up his game to impress his new manager. 

PhoenixHearts
17 hours ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

A legend ??? He kissed the Celtic badge in front of our support ya madman

Pressley has went on record countless times since then to say sorry for what was an ill-judged action in the heat of the moment and also that it was aimed at Romanov himself for his mishandling of the club at the time, not towards the club itself or the supporters. 

It was still a shitty thing to do but he holds himself fully accountable for it. In my eyes as daft as it was it does not negate all the good he did for us.

Steven Pressley is a cup winning captain and a Hearts legend.

Sorry if it upsets you.

A_A wehatethehibs
5 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Pressley has went on record countless times since then to say sorry for what was an ill-judged action in the heat of the moment and also that it was aimed at Romanov himself for his mishandling of the club at the time, not towards the club itself or the supporters. 

It was still a shitty thing to do but he holds himself fully accountable for it. In my eyes as daft as it was it does not negate all the good he did for us.

Sorry if it upsets you.

He isn’t a Hearts legend and would be booed to **** if he turned up at Tynecastle. Apology not accepted. Sorry if that upsets you. He’s an ex legend

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

I think that’s right though some media sources didn’t report how the Paterson money would be paid. 

Rangers will no doubt offer something and a negotiation will take place. Not popular I know but we should just take whatever we can get. It’s more important to bring the situation to an end than whether we get 150k or 500k imo. The damage is already done. What follows is choosing the least worst option. 

And this is exactly why they released the statement, throwing a grenade into the scene.

I’d keep him, cup tie him and keep him away from all first team matters.

8 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

He will be after tomorrow night :getout:

5 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Sorry if it upsets you.

🤣 Pressley is a legend 🤣

He’s a legendary snake 🐍 

PhoenixHearts
Just now, A_A wehatethehibs said:

He isn’t a Hearts legend and would be booed to **** if he turned up at Tynecastle. Apology not accepted. Sorry if that upsets you.

He's been to Tynecastle hundreds of times since then without any issues, so it would seem he is in fact welcome after all 🙊

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Sorry if it upsets you.

i don’t remember an apology. Link would be good..

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, PhoenixHearts said:

He's been to Tynecastle hundreds of times since then without any issues, so it would seem he is in fact welcome after all 🙊

Hundreds of times :lol: so he’s got a season ticket? Wearing a good disguise then because a massive Pressley/snake thread was started on the first time Hearts fans saw him back at Tynecastle in years, which was last season when the ground was empty, punditing on a game against Ayr or Dundee or someone. He doesn’t even live in Edinburgh

bringonthesevco

I have it in good authority that The Rangers are happy paying a fee of around £500k now , the sticking point is that they won’t include a sell-on fee at any % which Hearts are pushing hard for.

their argument is that they don’t really need him now , so the issue is ours with us being left with a player that the fans have completely turned against - why would they offer a sell on fee which might reduce their future income by millions when they can get him for nothing with no sell on % in a few months …

whilst not ITK myself , I heard this from someone that is 100% ITK on this one ….

8 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

I’ll be delighted if this happens, but I reckon that they’ll sit and wait. They’ve caused us a significant headache and weakened our team, and they’ll get the player in 6 months for nothing.

Sevco won’t much care if he doesn’t play. He’s used to training alone with all his injuries, and if he isn’t playing he can’t get injured again. Whether Souttar will be OK with it is another matter, as he would lose his Scotland chance.

1 minute ago, bringonthesevco said:

I have it in good authority that The Rangers are happy paying a fee of around £500k now , the sticking point is that they won’t include a sell-on fee at any % which Hearts are pushing hard for.

their argument is that they don’t really need him now , so the issue is ours with us being left with a player that the fans have completely turned against - why would they offer a sell on fee which might reduce their future income by millions when they can get him for nothing with no sell on % in a few months …

whilst not ITK myself , I heard this from someone that is 100% ITK on this one ….

Yeah, if they include a sell-on clause then they haven’t screwed us over completely, so they won’t want that.

11 hours ago, Armageddon said:

What text would you go for?

I’d go for ONCE A RAT, ALWAYS A RAT, or, LIKE A SOUTTAR UP A DRAINPIPE. RAT OUT.

This do?

PhotoFunia-1642409109.jpg

The Treasurer
6 hours ago, Section Q said:

Despite the media coverage and the usual online abuse from the lunatic fringe, the club have said nothing.

They could "clarify" if there are ongoing talks between the clubs re-fee for January move, which would take the heat out of the situation. I don't blame the player at all for moving to a higher wage, and he did say if he goes to Rangers he'd prefer to go in January. 

Souttar

Hearts have stated that they want a fee (amount depends on which rag you believe) plus add-ons for him to move this month, otherwise he stays put.

No need for talks to be "on-going"

Let's not boo during the game if he plays it will only unsettle the 10 we are supporting, by all means boo when Scott reads out the teams but the minute they cross that line, all that matters is a Hearts win, he never was and never will be bigger than the club.

11 hours ago, tcjambo said:

Personally he's the best CB we've had since Levein. We should treat him exactly the same as any other player and he should fulfil his contract with us until June. The only games I would possibly leave him out for is against his next club. 

I can think of the following who were equal or better:

Weir
Pressley
Webster
McPherson 
McLaren
Ritchie

Edited by briever

35 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

He will be after tomorrow night :getout:

He will be nowhere near the Stadium tomorrow night hopefully. 

We don't need this distraction. 

We need to concentrate on keeping picking up points as a win tomorrow could well see us with a huge gap to the other teams. 

Just now, luckydug said:

He will be nowhere near the Stadium tomorrow night hopefully. 

We don't need this distraction. 

We need to concentrate on keeping picking up points as a win tomorrow could well see us with a huge gap to the other teams. 

I hope you're right but I think Robbie will play him to show rangers that he meant what he said.

1 minute ago, briever said:

I can think of the following who were equal or better:

Weir
Pressley
Webster
McLaren
Ritchie

Agreed. Weir and Pressley were epic. I know he is called a snake etc. but Elvis was the best captain I have seen at Hearts since the early 80's.

MR INCREDIBLE
5 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I hope you're right but I think Robbie will play him to show rangers that he meant what he said.

Rangers will be happy if we play him and keep him fit.

Stuff that!!!!!

Sit in the stand for me.!!!!!!!