Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, allystrachan said:

Let’s be honest, he’s going to win trophies at rangers, theres a high chance he will play in the champions league or at least europa league most years, he will have trebled or quadrupled his wages & doesn’t need to move house & uproot his family. And he will be a stick on for all international squads. Hard to blame him.

That’s where we’re at in Scottish football. We can say we’re a big club and can progress people careers but money talks. And why would you want to play in the English championship over European group stages. 

it’s a shit deal for us but we need to now thrash out a deal as best we can for the club. Playing him isn’t an option imo & paying his wages with him sitting at home is no good either. Get some money, get some additional instalments for when rangers win stuff & move on. It’s lose lose for us whatever we do.

I don’t wish him any injuries but certainly won’t wish him well either. 

HHGH!

Great Post. 

52 minutes ago, jambo in iraq said:

I don't care if he grew up a Rangers fan, I don't care if they will be in Champions League, I don't care if he gets more money, I don't care if he gets more Scotland caps...I care about HEARTS only. Got no interest in trying to see it from both sides and all that WOKE shite.

He has had at a minimum 3 career threatening injuries, during that time Hearts (THAT HEARTS, US THE FANS WHO PAY FOR IT) stood by him and paid him for essentially no return on the park. He would have got his move to Rangers he so craved, if they wanted him they would have been able to pay what hearts wanted, that has never been issue in the past. The guy is a RAT, money chasing mercenary with no loyalty to those who nursed him back from the near end of his footballing career. I hope some huddy Auckinleck fan with Green allegiances goes right through him in the cup!

Also fair, but it's emotional. 

Souttar has as much affinity to Hearts as most do to their employers. 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

Just had a quick peek at his stats - 121 games and 4 goals in 6 years. An average of 20 games and less than 1 goal a season. File under easily replaceable. Plus he’s a tory wank as well, so good riddance. 

Part of me hopes he plays so all the players get a look at what happens to a rat. But in all honesty, Moore has to start. If he's shown any inclination of being interested in a permanent switch it would send the wrong message not to start him.

We need to develop a strong understanding in the back 3 and it's time to prepare for it. Moore or Smith.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, andyscott82 said:

Just had a quick peek at his stats - 121 games and 4 goals in 6 years. An average of 20 games and less than 1 goal a season. File under easily replaceable. Plus he’s a tory wank as well, so good riddance. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Is he not a strong right winger political wise? 

Trump supporter, etc

These types tend to be in it only for themselves, don't care about anyone else. 

He might surprise us tho and we get a decent -ish fee for him. 

Great minds.... 

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Trump supporter, etc

I saw him being a Tory mentioned on the other hearts forum. Just assumed it was one of many in house jokes over there. 

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Tbh, it’s just different people having different opinions. Always going to split opinion something like this. Some fans happy to see it from souttars viewpoint where others are angry and bitter. I just want him gone for any pittance we can get. 

I’m not sure about ‘any pittance’ but hopefully we’ll get a fee for him this window that we can then re-invest in the playing squad. Need to pick ourselves up from this and move forward, and I’m sure that’s what the club is doing. 

6 minutes ago, andyscott82 said:

Not to detract from your point but when he was partnered with Berra, it was Berra who would go up the park while Souttar stayed back. 

Cardiff Hearts

Entirely predictable. Follow the money, no price loyalty.

Sevco now sit back , watch us squabble internally and then will offer derisory fee as window closes so all parties move on.

Lose : lose for the club and the fans but we move on - won’t be the last.

What I also find unpalatable is we are now a well run financially disciplined outfit. In contrast Newco have a massive hole in their balance sheet, technically insolvent with a reliance on soft loans to basically continue operating. I had hoped a lower English premier side might have taken a punt but maybe the absence of interest suggests he is not as good as we think he is. Hopefully Mike Ashley re- emerges soon.

Just now, davemclaren said:

I’m not sure about ‘any pittance’ but hopefully we’ll get a fee for him this window that we can then re-invest in the playing squad. Need to pick ourselves up from this and move forward, and I’m sure that’s what the club is doing. 

I just want him out the door now. I obviously hope to get a decent fee but him leaving this window is more important than the money we get imo. We are in a poor bargaining position unless a rangers centre back gets injured. They’ve signed him with an eye on next season, when Goldson isn’t there so won’t shell out a big fee. 

Not too worried about the cash if I’m honest. 

10 minutes ago, andyscott82 said:

Is he? Makes it even worse 

Just now, GinRummy said:

I just want him out the door now. I obviously hope to get a decent fee but him leaving this window is more important than the money we get imo. We are in a poor bargaining position unless a rangers centre back gets injured. They’ve signed him with an eye on next season, when Goldson isn’t there so won’t shell out a big fee. 

Not a capitalist then? 😄 As I said, we need to come out if it as best we can and a few hundred grand this window plus losing him from the wage bill opens up spaces for others to come in. 

Rudi Skacel wanted to move on from Hearts

He signed a contract extension with Hearts so that anyone that wanted him would have to pay Hearts a ton of cash.

A month or so after signing his contract extension he was sold to southampton for £1.6million

Rudi Skacel is a top boy.

John Souttar wants to move on from Hearts.

He signed a pre-contract with another club.

Hearts will get nothing. Despite the club still paying him for almost two years with his successive achilles injuries.

John Souttar is a snake.

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Not a capitalist then? 😄 As I said, we need to come out if it as best we can and a few hundred grand this window plus losing him from the wage bill opens up spaces for others to come in. 

Oh aye I’m a capitalist (of sorts) 😂 but I just think it’s more important he goes this window than holding out for more cash. I actually trust the club to get these things right these days and feel confident he’ll be away. 

Rangers will likely wait until last day of the window, leaving us no time to sign someone else (unless we can identify an unattached player)

3 minutes ago, Cade said:

He signed a contract extension with Hearts so that anyone that wanted him would have to pay Hearts a ton of cash.

A month or so after signing his contract extension he was sold to southampton for £1.6million

Hearts will get nothing. Despite the club still paying him for almost two years with his successive achilles injuries.

John Souttar is a snake.

I dont recall that Skacel scenario but if it is true, then he is an even bigger top boy than he was (in my mind) previously 💞

2 minutes ago, Midloth_Iain said:

Rangers will likely wait until last day of the window, leaving us no time to sign someone else (unless we can identify an unattached player)

We have money from foundation of Hearts subs if we want a replacement we go out and buy one now and let the snake rot 

Just now, Midloth_Iain said:

I think we will have been looking at centre backs for months. We will likely lose Gnando and Walker already away on loan plus Neilson said he expects to be one player up in squad number by the time the window ends. A striker and a centre back plus Atkinson makes us one player up, even if Souttar doesn’t leave this window. 

1 hour ago, ShedBoy said:

Am I the only one that thought Vanecek looked in good nick? 

I didn’t think he looked out of condition in particular. I think he was signed on the back of a YouTube video, never watched in person despite several chances to go and look at him and he turned out to be an immobile slab of overhyped shite who had a decent spell at one club.

He hasn’t done a thing of note since he left us to play low level football and he’s been injured all this season. 

Just another signing faux pas. Nothing to do with fitness. He was just shite.

**** Souttar. **** Rangers. **** the Tories.

I'd absolutely refuse to sell him and then keep him away from the first team squad but I can be a petty **** at times when I pissed off.

37 minutes ago, Marczero said:

Saw this on  rangers supporters page , now I know you can photoshop but looks pretty genuine , get rid now , sickened me seeing this photo

Screenshot_20220115-091922_Facebook.jpg

🤮

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Really not getting this argument at all.

If you aren't to bothered about getting a pittance for him then why sell him thats exactly what Rangers , Souttar and his agent want. 

They've played their cards we play ours.

He is our player to use as we see fit till the end of the season unless a fee is met .

We have been royally shafted no doubt so its up to us to throw a spanner in Souttars plans and use him as back up to Moore , then Smith .simple really .

The only way I would except him going is if Robbie wants him out the door which atm doesn't seem to be the case. 

5 minutes ago, Midloth_Iain said:

We should be in a position where we're not totally reliant on what will,after all,probably not exceed one months FOH subs. 

1 minute ago, CloustonHMFC said:

**** Souttar. **** Rangers. **** the Tories.

I'd absolutely refuse to sell him and then keep him away from the first team squad but I can be a petty **** at times when I pissed off.

Nothing wrong with getting angry, especially since Hearts were very loyal to Soutar when injured. It’s a better reaction than some of the holier than thou posters that spin this incident into a good thing for Hearts.

4 minutes ago, Midloth_Iain said:

I dont recall that Skacel scenario but if it is true, then he is an even bigger top boy than he was (in my mind) previously 💞

2-year contract extension signed 3 May 2006
Signed for Soton on 30th July 2006 (Burley was boss at Soton at that time)

8 minutes ago, Cade said:

John Souttar is a snake.

Souttar could have had a gentleman's agreement with Rangers that he would join them in the summer, nothing official signed and no announcements. He could have played out the season here and given his best everyweek until May then left on a free with our best wishes.

Personally, I don't care if he joins Rangers in the summer, that would have been entirely his choice, he'd have respected his contract and the club by waiting until then. 

Instead he has undermined the club and is forcing our hand to sell this month. It's extremely unprofessional and unwarranted. 

9 minutes ago, Midloth_Iain said:

That’s a risk for them and Souttar as well. Let’s see how this plays out. 

husref musemic
1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

I have no doubt he’ll go soon enough……he has made the decision to look after No.1 and that’s what the vast majority of people do in life.

I really don’t know why folk think footballers should be different.

I suspect he spent a lot of time when on the sidelines thinking about his career and he will be well aware he is one more serious injury away from calling it quits.

Being bitter is just silly……let the guy get on with trying earn as much money as he can to look after himself and his family. I really pity those who’s mentality is to wish harm on a guy for deciding to progress his career elsewhere.

All whilst we are screaming for new signings……players who we want to leave other teams and progress their career with us.

If we sign the lad McGrath from St Mirren tomorrow on a pre contract we’d all be over the moon.

You think this is cool?

We supported him & his family for 2 years while he never kicked a ball. Two fekin years ! longer than most contacts.

He then sneaks out the door for nothing to save the huns money.

Absolute Ars_hole of a man. 

1 hour ago, Martin_T said:

Kieran Tierney, Stuart Armstrong, Virgil Van Dijk, Nathan Patterson, Viktor Wanyama off the top of my head in recent years alone.

I hate Rangers, but a move there is far more attractive, particularly for players based in Scotland, than going to pointless clubs in hovels like Blackburn or Stoke. Can only think of McGinn who has gone to a Championship club and has then become a regular in the Premier League, and that was via his club achieving promotion as opposed to a transfer.

All Celtic or Rangers players at the time they went down there, sadly.

McGinn is really the only player outside them to have done well, but he had been becoming an international regular when sold.

The profile of our game needs to improve outside the uglies to get big money curculating from transfers.   95% of the money goes to those two.

Soutar missed 120+ games for Hearts and had 5 serious injuries including 3 snapped Achillies. He was paid for 2 years without kicking a ball. Fair enough. However, what he could have done in return is sign a contract which would have enabled Hearts to get a decent fee.

12 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Oh aye I’m a capitalist (of sorts) 😂 but I just think it’s more important he goes this window than holding out for more cash. I actually trust the club to get these things right these days and feel confident he’ll be away. 

I think he’ll be away in the window as well but there’s a wee game of poker likely to be played first. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Souttar could have had a gentleman's agreement with Rangers that he would join them in the summer, nothing official signed and no announcements. He could have played out the season here and given his best everyweek until May then left on a free with our best wishes.

Personally, I don't care if he joins Rangers in the summer, that would have been entirely his choice, he'd have respected his contract and the club by waiting until then. 

Instead he has undermined the club and is forcing our hand to sell this month. It's extremely unprofessional and unwarranted. 

Which means he's played his last game for Hearts surely !

Coming back from the altered winter break, we need everyone pulling in the same direction, with no sideshows.

Club need to look forward, remove him from the team, and we go for it second part of the season.

Glamorgan Jambo

That’s a risk for them and Souttar as well. Let’s see how this plays out. 

Agreed. we did pretty well out of the Lafferty fiasco (600K IIRC) so let's see what happens. Can't see Souttar consciously drifting between now and the end of the season given he's only just back in the Scotland set up although he'd obviously have to be in the stand for games vs the Orcs.

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

While they were under contract to their current clubs ? 

I  really doubt that 🤔

Doubt it all you want…..plenty of Hearts fans witnessed it.

3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

All Celtic or Rangers players at the time they went down there, sadly.

McGinn is really the only player outside them to have done well, but he had been becoming an international regular when sold.

The profile of our game needs to improve outside the uglies to get big money curculating from transfers.   95% of the money goes to those two.

Andy Robertson went to Hull then Liverpool

32 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Trump supporter, etc

Dear oh dear FM.

6 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

To be honest if they offer us anything it’ll be a pitrsnce

F them and F Him

Tell them to cram it and tell him he can stay at home and we’ll continue to pay him 

Wouldnt even let him use out facilities to get fit for those *****

Francis Albert
46 minutes ago, McNelly15 said:

£3,100 a week.

If that is what he is on it may sound a lot to us maybe but it is not a huge amount for an injury prone footballer who  has no guarantee that he will have many more years in the game especially given his injury history. . When I said good luck to him earlier I was not wishing him success at Rangers. I was saying I understood him making the move and I don't as many do wish him a career ending injury. On the other hand I won't shed any tears for him or Rangers if his new club has to nurse him through more potentially career ending injuries. It is a risk club takes when it signs any player.

(As an aside is it an insurable risk? )

11 hours ago, luckydug said:

So the club are lying to us ? 

They have just issued a statement saying John Souttar remains a Hearts player UNTIL a suitable offer is accepted. 

If an offer had been agreed they would announce it surely. 

Maybe

6 minutes ago, Boab said:

Which means he's played his last game for Hearts surely !

Coming back from the altered winter break, we need everyone pulling in the same direction, with no sideshows.

Club need to look forward, remove him from the team, and we go for it second part of the season.

Yup. I'd think so. Robbie won't play him. 

2 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

F them and F Him

Tell them to cram it and tell him he can stay at home and we’ll continue to pay him 

Just punt him for 300k. We can get a wage off our books and money to replace him. 

Just now, Cynic said:

Andy Robertson went to Hull then Liverpool

That was some time ago, and Hull were basically a Championship team, who haven't been in the EPL for a number of years now.

However would Liverpool have signed him if he hadn't already played in the EPL?

3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

This ☝️... he deserves everything that's coming his way from the terraces. He's stuck two fingers up to Hearts and the supporters after all the backing he's received... and all he had to do was keep his head down and sign in the summer.

I hope he never puts a Hearts jersey on again, trains with the youths for 6 months - and sevco get an un-match fit player. 

And as for the comments telling posters to 'grow up'... really!!? You're seriously not bothered by this? It doesn't get under your skin by even the slightest amount? An international player that we have looked after in EVERY sense of the word, going to a rival (that our governing body and media, bend over backwards to accommodate and ensure they get every bent decision possible - to keep THEM happy)... for NOTHING! Aye, whatever.

3 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

F them and F Him

This.  Expect a token £50k take it or leave it offer.  Its their style.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

That was before pre contracts 

I can remember them being introduced to the fans at half time in a game near the end of the season before they actually joined. Wyness got a better reception than Hartley.  :lol:

Edited by Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Let's see how him and his entire family feel when Celtic ping the ball over the top of him :laugh:

It'll be a new level of abuse for him.

A slightly different take.

How will his team mates feel right now?

If we, the fans, give Souttar a hard time will they welcome that, or might they think 

'that's no way to treat my mate'

'so that's what happens if you progress to a bigger club'

What I mean is that how the fans behave now should be to do whatever brings out the best in the rest of the squad, bearing in mind that, inevitably, our most promising players (Devlin, Baningame, etc) are here as a stepping stone to greater things (which is absolutely fine by me).

In general, I prefer the carrot to the stick.

25 minutes ago, Cade said:

John Souttar is a snake.

And the result being Rudi Skacel is a club legend who will never buy a pint in Gorgie again :wub:

Souttar is a snake who will be given dogs abuse any time he takes to the pitch at Tynecastle regardless of which team he is playing for. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)