Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

south morocco
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

How can we strip of the captaincy if he is vice-captain? 

Would imagine Halkett takes vice captain 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

21 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

I don’t blame the club for this situation. We offered a previous extension post injury and couldn’t offers deal until fully fit again. By the time he was back at the end of the championship it was too late. This is when he should have repaid us but only cared about his wallet. Don’t think his teammates will be too happy

His teammates, with the exception of Gordon, will all wish it was them. Just basic common sense. 

PhoenixHearts

Was really excited to see him suit up for Rovers and push for an overdue return to the top flight if I'm honest. They love a good Scottish centre half down there. Quite a fun team this season too.

Thing pissing me off the most is if he goes to Rangers and does do well and they sell him for several million, we (the club who made him and stood by him through everything) will not receive a single penny, as I doubt we will be able to arrange a sell-on fee.

It's sickening to think about. I would hate to see Rangers pocket all the benefit from a player we developed. While I do not wish for his injuries to catch up with him or derail his career, I hope he never progresses to a higher level from there.

May he rot on their bench for a few years then **** off down to some pish EFL League 1/Championship yo-yo club in a last ditch attempt to "crack England"

10 minutes ago, brux said:

I think his teammates will all wish him good luck and say players have a limited shelf life, and that he should make as much as possible before he retires. 

Personally I think that's a little bit narrow minded as players are only in their mid 30s when they finish and easily have the funds and time to have a second career.

For me souttar has gone to Rangers for the trophies, if he had true ambition to show and realise his potential he would have went down south where the real big boys play.

I think your right about his team mates. 

They will be sad to see him go and as a lot of them including some of the management are Hun fans they will back his decision 100%.

In the eyes of the professional football World we will be the bad guys for giving Souttar a hard time. 

Can see the headlines on Wednesday morning if Robbie is nieve enough to play Souttar against St Johnstone. 

Francis Albert

What a mean spirited bunch we come across on this thread. He is a professional footballer with not many years of a career ahead of him even if he ceases to be injury prone. Good luck to him. Especially if he does s job for us if he sees out his contract with us.

5 minutes ago, luckydug said:

They will be sad to see him go and as a lot of them including some of the management are Hun fans they will back his decision 100%.

In the eyes of the professional football World we will be the bad guys for giving Souttar a hard time. 

Can see the headlines on Wednesday morning if Robbie is nieve enough to play Souttar against St Johnstone. 

Don't give a shiny what the football world think. We were there long before JS and will be there long after. That goes for every player who's currently playing.

Some will be remembered more fondly than others !

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

What a mean spirited bunch we come across on this thread. He is a professional footballer with not many years of a career ahead of him even if he ceases to be injury prone. Good luck to him. Especially if he does s job for us if he sees out his contract with us.

Ah **** him. I don’t give a shit about his motives. It’s the worst possible outcome for the club. Deserves any abuse he gets. 

Guest ToqueJambo

What if we beat St J and Souttar scores the winning goal? I'll hold back on the rage until I see how he plays in his next game for us, if there is one. For now, I've seen so many players leave for Rangers and act delighted about it I'm past getting upset about it.  

Rangers need Souttar now though IMO with a tough fixture list coming up including Dortmund, and right now they only seem to have one older, seemingly wanting away, CD and one young pretty unproven one. Also Van Bronkhurst might be considering a back 3. That's certainly how they'll get the best from Souttar. And they have just pocketed millions for Patterson. Hope we hold off to get as much as we can.

Guest ToqueJambo
9 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Ach a lot of folk don't need much excuse these days to get angry about something and then write about it online. Where did all the anger go before social media? Just stored inside? Shouting randomly out windows? At the end of the day Souttar obviously just wanted to stay living in Scotland, secure his financial future and have a bash at CL football. We could only offer him one of those things.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Jambo_jim2001
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Ach a lot of folk don't need much excuse these days to get angry about something and then write about it online. Where did all the anger go before social media? Just stored inside? Shouting randomly out windows? At the end of the day Souttar obviously just wanted to stay living in Scotland, secure his financial future and have a bash at CL football. We could only offer him one of those things.

Shouting at bushes on way home from the pub😁💥

Tynecastle Valhalla

Will be interested to see how the people going easy on souttar react once they see him actually play in a rangers jersey whilst we get feck all for his development 

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Mac80 said:

I cannot believe there are fans on this forum backing this rat 😂😂😂

They’re usually the ones that have backed a few rats, and snakes, over the last few years strangely enough. 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, wallace_mercer said:

Will be interested to see how the people going easy on souttar react once they see him actually play in a rangers jersey whilst we get feck all for his development 

Ask the D Utd fans who saw him jump ship to us for feck all.

10 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Might have guessed you would appear with the contrary view. 

Souttar won't be seeing out his contract with us imo. 

Either The Rangers stump up or he'll be 'rested' 

Tynecastle Valhalla
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Ask the D Utd fans who saw him jump ship to us for feck all.

its a different situation though isn’t it 

I genuinely don't care although I'll be annoyed if we make nothing from this. I've no doubt he'll still try his best if he stays for the rest of the season. If we signed him from Rangers on loan for half a season we'd probably be ok with that. The annoyance seems to come from the face that we looked after him when he was injured and it looks like that's been thrown back in our faces. The facts seem to show that most players that leave us don't go on to better things. Let's concentrate on the ones who wanted to stay with us rather than the ones who wanted more money elsewhere. I actually hope he does well in his career but the Hearts will always be better than players who want to play elsewhere.

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They’re usually the ones that have backed a few rats, and snakes, over the last few years strangely enough. 

Some just like to make themselves appear superior by offering up the alternative view. 

1 hour ago, number witheld said:

Why would he sign an extension that may lessen his chances of getting a life changing deal? 

To repay the club that put him in a position to get a life changing deal! Even a 1.5 year deal with a £2m sell clause. Now here we are in January and he’s put us in a ridiculous position in a season where finishing 3rd presents huge financial reward for the club. Not only has he failed to do that he’s signed for a club we have aspirations to challenge. I’d also love to know what this life changing money is that Rangers can offer? If he really wanted life changing money then surely England should be his destination, for a guy as injury prone as he is then a contract down there actually does set him up for life.

It takes a special kind of player for me to not boo former Hearts players turning out against us.

Gordon

Pressley 

Hartley

Rudi

Souttar will not be joining this list. I'd like to see him go now.

I've never been a fan of pre-contracts in football. Personally I'd like to see them scrapped. More often than not they are simply a way to force a transfer predominantly to a wealthier club. If you do stay then your effort and commitment is always called into question. The club itself then has to balance whether to benefit the team in the now with playing them or planning for the future with a bench player/aspiring younger player.

Statistically it'd be interesting to see how often a pre-contract forces a fee and how often the players stays.

HeartsandonlyHearts

Newco statement throws him under the bus. Letting us know his family has been in on meetings between both parties. Would have been nice for Hearts to know what he was up to. I now believe him to be a selfish rat.

8 minutes ago, alanjambo said:

I genuinely don't care although I'll be annoyed if we make nothing from this. I've no doubt he'll still try his best if he stays for the rest of the season. If we signed him from Rangers on loan for half a season we'd probably be ok with that. The annoyance seems to come from the face that we looked after him when he was injured and it looks like that's been thrown back in our faces. The facts seem to show that most players that leave us don't go on to better things. Let's concentrate on the ones who wanted to stay with us rather than the ones who wanted more money elsewhere. I actually hope he does well in his career but the Hearts will always be better than players who want to play elsewhere.

I wish I could be as sensible. 

You're right though we need to get this business out the way and concentrate our efforts on 3rd place or better. 

Maybe we will beat The Rangers in the SC final😁

Francis Albert
8 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

To repay the club that put him in a position to get a life changing deal! Even a 1.5 year deal with a £2m sell clause. Now here we are in January and he’s put us in a ridiculous position in a season where finishing 3rd presents huge financial reward for the club. Not only has he failed to do that he’s signed for a club we have aspirations to challenge. I’d also love to know what this life changing money is that Rangers can offer? If he really wanted life changing money then surely England should be his destination, for a guy as injury prone as he is then a contract down there actually does set him up for life.

Wouldn't him being injury prone maybe limit his options?

4 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

It takes a special kind of player for me to not boo former Hearts players turning out against us.

Gordon

Pressley 

Hartley

Rudi

Souttar will not be joining this list. I'd like to see him go now.

I've never been a fan of pre-contracts in football. Personally I'd like to see them scrapped. More often than not they are simply a way to force a transfer predominantly to a wealthier club. If you do stay then your effort and commitment is always called into question. The club itself then has to balance whether to benefit the team in the now with playing them or planning for the future with a bench player/aspiring younger player.

Statistically it'd be interesting to see how often a pre-contract forces a fee and how often the players stays.

It's wrong allowing pre contracts between clubs in the same division. 

Hopefully somebody will bring this matter to the attention of our SPFL. 

It's wide open to malpractice imo. 

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Some just like to make themselves appear superior by offering up the alternative view. 

They were in the majority before, not this time though. 

17 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Thought we paid a fee 160k iirc. 

We did, and a sell on fee. 

Guest ToqueJambo

15 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Thought we paid a fee 160k iirc. 

120 or even less?

As I say, feck all. Brilliant signing. Still think we might get 700k to 1m for him which is decent and I think Rangers do need him.

We move on. We lost one of Europe's top youngsters in Hickey and replaced him with a guy who was without a club and training with Falkirk, and as a team we actually improved - not hard mind you. My big worry is we play so much better with Souttar's ability to pass and break from deep, and he carries a real threat at set pieces. So I'm torn - plays with us until the rest of the season and secures third which is worth more than any transfer fee we'd get, or we lose a key part of what makes the team tick at a time that is hard to replace that. I'll leave the "rat" nonsense to others who seem to enjoy that chat.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, luckydug said:

It suits bigger clubs, no change happening it would seem. 

8 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I wish I could be as sensible. 

You're right though we need to get this business out the way and concentrate our efforts on 3rd place or better. 

Maybe we will beat The Rangers in the SC final😁

Karma. 

Francis Albert
13 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Or maybe they just have an alternative view?

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s suited us as well in the past. 

Francis Albert

As the third biggest club in our division we can surely take advantage of this.

Pasquale for King
Just now, davemclaren said:

It’s suited us as well in the past. 

I’m struggling to think of anyone apart from Halkett that we’ve signed on a pre contract?

Ronald Villiers

I can understand that he's looking after himself but he's shown us zero loyalty after everything we've done for him.  I hope he goes this month.  

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We did it with Halkett, with a key difference. As I recall - could be wrong - he'd agreed to join us well before it was announced, or had certainly been talking to us. Why would we or Live need to announce it? Not sure it affected his performances either but I'm not a big Livvi follower. Seem to remember he was their best player.

Rangers are clearly doing this to get him immediately on the cheap. Any rage should mostly once again be directed at the way they try to force transfers through, including using the media.

Walter Bishop
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m struggling to think of anyone apart from Halkett that we’ve signed on a pre contract?

We’ve signed plenty.

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Vanacek who actually played better for his old club after signing for us than for us when he arrived 🤣

Would love that to happen with Soapy. If they play him in a back 4 it could.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Francis Albert
10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I am not sure if we have signed more but as the third biggest club in the country maybe if not that would show a certain lack of initiative?

35 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Our backroom team have also signed a pre contract with Rangers? 

:silviodamn:

No Robbie is a hun as is jig. (Lee) as is Naismith. 

And would do the exact same if offered a role at Rangers, if Robbie is prepared to drop his skants for MK dons, you think he wouldn't for Rangers the team he grew up supporting? 

32 minutes ago, Section Q said:

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/john-souttar-rangers-downgrade-connor-22762494

John Souttar is Rangers 'downgrade' on Connor Goldson says Celtic hero Chris Sutton

:lol:

You got to love Sutton sometimes.   The headline at least he's quoted saying.   Fact is he's right.    I've never thought he was good enough for Hearts never mind Rangers.   

We can do better.    He needs to leave now. 

59 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Easily spotted , they're the ones without the pitchforks

• davemclaren changed the title to Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)