Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yip. Even being relegation fodder or a player in a  yo-yo team  for for a shitey  club ( unless getting paid lots more) would be shite.

Celtic and Rangers guarantee some of the biggest crowds in the UK, European football and trophies. You can still get a move to a decent EPL team as well.

I'd take that over stotting about with a Notts Forest/ Norwich/ Watford type club every day of the week.

He won't be ffs, no free transfer from Hearts is going to go straight on 50k a week.

Yup. I think he will go to Rangers or Celtic, I'd be disappointed but I'd completely understand why. 

We wont know until we know.  A premiership club like Brighton could come in for him.

No way of knowing but I agree that he should have signed an extension with us.  The risk of getting injured is no greater than any other player.

He will probably (quite rightly) be going for the money. His history with injuries and it’s a no brainer. Good luck to him. A superb player , inspirational , professional and great guy.  Wish him nothing but the best and fingers crossed he keeps injury free for the rest of his career. 🇱🇻❤️🇱🇻

I am now expecting him to sign pre- contract in west end of Glasgow in next day or two.  They won’t take him right away but see him as straight replacement for Goldstone who is leaving in the summer. One out, one in, no major financial effect from the transaction. Sadly very good business for them but fairly disastrous for us. 

15 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Yup. I think he will go to Rangers or Celtic, I'd be disappointed but I'd completely understand why. 

No brainer for him if they match the money from down south. Regular starter, trophies, keeps his Scotland place, champions league next season, 3/4 years deal takes him to nearly 30, financially sorted for life if he is sensible. 

11 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I am now expecting him to sign pre- contract in west end of Glasgow in next day or two.  They won’t take him right away but see him as straight replacement for Goldstone who is leaving in the summer. One out, one in, no major financial effect from the transaction. Sadly very good business for them but fairly disastrous for us. 

If he signs for one of the arse cheeks and gets injured again I'll be howling.

It's just the way it is.

4 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

It's just the way it is.

Would be ironic and very sad if that happened. He is just a guy making a living like everyone else. 

7 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

It's just the way it is.

I wish rangers and Celtic and all their players nothing but failure. As soon as he makes that move I include him in that. Scummy clubs. 

14 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Would be ironic and very sad if that happened. He is just a guy making a living like everyone else. 

Wonder what would happen if it became public he was leaving to join one of the Bigot twins and then got a bad injury playing for us ? 

Would we be expected to spend fortunes on scans and various other expensive medical procedures ? 

Would his prospective new employers honour their word and  still sign him ? 

Given his record of sicknotes this scenario is a possibility. 🤔

16 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Wonder what would happen if it became public he was leaving to join one of the Bigot twins and then got a bad injury playing for us ? 

Would we be expected to spend fortunes on scans and various other expensive medical procedures ? 

If he signs pre contract they cant just say they dont want him and Hearts would support his rehab 100%.

10 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

If he signs pre contract they cant just say they dont want him and Hearts would support his rehab 100%.

I'm not sure how these pre contract things work, if they are legally enforceable. 

I would expect Hearts to do the minimum legally required for his treatment. 

In all honesty if he is intending to sign for one of THEM he should do so this window or I hope he gets a dose of Vlad flu. 

14 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

He will probably (quite rightly) be going for the money. His history with injuries and it’s a no brainer. Good luck to him. A superb player , inspirational , professional and great guy.  Wish him nothing but the best and fingers crossed he keeps injury free for the rest of his career. 🇱🇻❤️🇱🇻

Very admirable however (as Dave Mackay said) for me it’s “Hearts always Hearts” so if he’s giving us the cold shoulder feck him.

Edited by Thomaso

Glamorgan Jambo
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

No brainer for him if they match the money from down south. Regular starter, trophies, keeps his Scotland place, champions league next season, 3/4 years deal takes him to nearly 30, financially sorted for life if he is sensible. 

Not at all how I see it. Doing well for a Stoke or Blackburn in the upper reaches of the Championship will kindle interest from Premiership clubs. To a far greater extent than playing for either Rangers or Celtic. He still will be ambitious to continue his development in the game and has a perfect example in his brother as to how this can pan out.

Unless you have genuine inside info of course.

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

I don’t think I we’d be spending fortunes on his treatment.  We’ll have medical insurance for this sort of thing plus we have a NHS in this country. 

I’m not sure if a pre contract would be legally binding on his prospective new employer. 🤷‍♂️

17 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Other than increasing his wage and playing with his brother I'd say it's the wrong move but best of luck to him.

Souttar isn’t good enough and especially not quick enough to get an immediate move to a club that would enhance his football reputation hugely or win him prizes. For me his best option is picking a championship club that’s likely to go up and take it from there.

Bournemouth and 1 of Fulham or Blackburn look likely to get the 2 automatic slots. Stoke have a chance of the play offs but that’s a lottery and I think it’s a slim chance of even getting into the play offs anyway.

Financially it’s a no brainer for him. Football wise it’s risky.

34 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Not at all how I see it. Doing well for a Stoke or Blackburn in the upper reaches of the Championship will kindle interest from Premiership clubs. To a far greater extent than playing for either Rangers or Celtic. He still will be ambitious to continue his development in the game and has a perfect example in his brother as to how this can pan out.

Unless you have genuine inside info of course.

Just have to wait and see but at his age and with the injury record he has I think Old Firm much more likely than any club in England, now or in the future. 

25 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I don’t think I we’d be spending fortunes on his treatment.  We’ll have medical insurance for this sort of thing plus we have a NHS in this country. 

I’m not sure if a pre contract would be legally binding on his prospective new employer. 🤷‍♂️

Not sure many Hearts players get treatment from the NHS. 

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Can't see Patrick Thistle having the money ...

Fozzyonthefence
31 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Not sure many Hearts players get treatment from the NHS. 

Probably not but I’d imagine something like a scan for a broken leg might initially be done with NHS followed by private treatment but maybe not even that.  But there’s a lot made on here of the cost of treating Souttar but I doubt with the private medical insurance we’ll have that it will be much of an issue.  

7 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Just have to wait and see but at his age and with the injury record he has I think Old Firm much more likely than any club in England, now or in the future. 

If he ends up at OF there'll be loads of unhappy Jambos like me. 

9 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Probably not but I’d imagine something like a scan for a broken leg might initially be done with NHS followed by private treatment but maybe not even that.  But there’s a lot made on here of the cost of treating Souttar but I doubt with the private medical insurance we’ll have that it will be much of an issue.  

If it is anything like where I live (where we wait 9 months to a year for an MRI)  it will be all private. No way unless it is an emergency ( doubt a football injury would be classified as such by NHS) that you are getting a scan or MRI right away. Christ. It took me 9 months from seeing my surgeon to get a date for a knee replacement and that was quick. But I could be way off the mark too. 
If by scan you mean an xray. Then that would be done right away. 

Edited by Canscot

13 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Yup. Honest as night follows day,he'd be an idiot to sign for Blackburn or Stoke over the OF. I think some folk need to take the rose tinted specs off and realise that if he signs for Rangers, it is the best move for him. 

Watt-Zeefuik

£10k/week? Paterson is getting £20k/week in League One with Wednesday who aren't even in the promotion playoffs currently.

I don't see Stoke as a bad move at all. His brother is there so he has a familiar face to join. And Joe and Robbie are saying two things at the same time when they point out that he's worth a lot to us ensuring a European place—they're also saying to Stoke, what's he worth to you this season? European money may be a lot for us, but it's a pittance compared to the windfall Stoke get if they get promoted. So, Stoke, how much is it worth to you to upgrade your defence for your promotion run?

I'm just reading tea leaves and nothing else but I guess he signs a pre for Stoke for £20k+/week and pay Hearts a £1.5m to get him early.

StevenNaismith

He’s been offered 5x his current wage and it doesn’t even touch the sides of what he’s being offered down south and through west. He’s gone and I’d bet my last £ that he will end up at Stoke.

20 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

He’s been offered 5x his current wage and it doesn’t even touch the sides of what he’s being offered down south and through west. He’s gone and I’d bet my last £ that he will end up at Stoke.

Hearts have offered him 5 times his wages ? 

If so that is some offer from us and shows the way we are heading.

HeartsandonlyHearts
31 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Anyone getting 5 x their weekly would be happy.

Depends on what he’s on today though.
5 x 3000 is great.

5 x 1000 is very good

5 x 500 is good

But if he’s being offered 20/25 down South…..

12 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Anyone getting 5 x their weekly would be happy.

Depends on what he’s on today though.
5 x 3000 is great.

5 x 1000 is very good

5 x 500 is good

But if he’s being offered 20/25 down South…..

Yea my point more was I am sure he was on more than £1,500 a week at hearts but say it was that then we are offering 7.5k a week - that's big money for Hearts and bodes well for future signings.

The fact that he has been able to sign for another club under freedom of contract for a month and has chosen not to indicates to me that he is leaving in January and we will get a fee for him. Sadly he has probably played his last game for us. 

Makes me laugh when folk make out they know how much players are earning, how much the club have offered and how much other clubs are offering as if they have been part of the negotiations. 

6 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

Little bit irked if true that we’ve left our best offer so late. I hope that offer had been with him since then end of last season because waiting so late when we know fine well shitty little clubs down south can blow us out the water financially would be crass stupidity/ painfully naive. 

2 hours ago, jambopilms said:

Makes me laugh when folk make out they know how much players are earning, how much the club have offered and how much other clubs are offering as if they have been part of the negotiations. 

Agree, even the websites reporting players' salaries seem to just make it up, just had a look and one has Aidan McGeady the highest paid player in League 1 on £19K/week and another one has him on £13K/week!

6 hours ago, steve123 said:

That’s pure conjecture 

Tynecastle Valhalla

He should go to Blackburn. They will pay money now to get him in and drive for an automatic promotion spot to the premiership.

they are chucking money at it

if they came in with £1 mil and 10% sell on I reckon hearts would sell

Fozzyonthefence
10 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Yup. Honest as night follows day,he'd be an idiot to sign for Blackburn or Stoke over the OF. I think some folk need to take the rose tinted specs off and realise that if he signs for Rangers, it is the best move for him. 

Why would he want to play in a shite league though?  

On 31/12/2021 at 11:38, soonbe110 said:

I am now expecting him to sign pre- contract in west end of Glasgow in next day or two.  

Partick Thistle ?

7 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

I'm sorry but that seems outlandish and non-sensical...conservative shout at his weekly wage at Hearts worst case would be 2.5/3K minimum...if you are suggesting Hearts are prepared to pay 12-15k a week for a player whose injury record tells you he can't string 25 odd games together back to back over a number of years, I would be horrified at that lack of due dilliegence by the board (and I don't think they are that way inclined...)

All entitled to an opinion but IMHO, that is utter nonsense....

20 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Why would he want to play in a shite league though?  

Unless he's moving to the EPL, a move to the OF is a step up from the likes of Stoke, Blackburn, Luton etc... 

The Grim Reaper
29 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

I'm sorry but that seems outlandish and non-sensical...conservative shout at his weekly wage at Hearts worst case would be 2.5/3K minimum...if you are suggesting Hearts are prepared to pay 12-15k a week for a player whose injury record tells you he can't string 25 odd games together back to back over a number of years, I would be horrified at that lack of due dilliegence by the board (and I don't think they are that way inclined...)

Total fantasy. 

36 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

It may be that we'd only have to pay him the larger contract until the summer. 

By increasing his wage it would then increase his transfer value.

Can see the logic behind an offer like that. Did Vlad not do similar with Craig Gordon back in the day ?

HeartsandonlyHearts
2 hours ago, wallace_mercer said:

He should go to Blackburn. They will pay money now to get him in and drive for an automatic promotion spot to the premiership.

they are chucking money at it

if they came in with £1 mil and 10% sell on I reckon hearts would sell

Does Souttar have a say?

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Unless he's moving to the EPL, a move to the OF is a step up from the likes of Stoke, Blackburn, Luton etc... 

No it’s not, the English Championship is a much better standard than the Scottish Premiership and is, I believe, the 5th richest league in the world.  And of course, anyone playing in the Championship ultimately has the ambition of playing in the richest and currently best league in the world.

45 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

No it’s not, the English Championship is a much better standard than the Scottish Premiership and is, I believe, the 5th richest league in the world.  And of course, anyone playing in the Championship ultimately has the ambition of playing in the richest and currently best league in the world.

Rangers and Celtic are bigger sides than any club in the Championship. That is indisputable. You'd have to be blinkered to suggest otherwise. You can also win trophies at the OF and play in Europe, something that can't be done at an English Championship club.

The Championship maybe a wealthier league but the standard isn't much better. I'd argue that the level between ourselves and the OF is bigger than the level between ourselves and the majority of the Championship. 

I'd agree it is a stronger league because it is wealthier and it is a bigger league with bigger clubs but just because Middlesbrough can pay £1million for Uche or Notts Forrest can pay £4million for McKenna doesn't mean that the standard is much better. It isn't. Championship clubs pay over the odds for average players.

As for your second part. Van Dijk, Tierney, Ajaer, Wanyama, Armstrong, Eduoard etc..  didn't need to play in the Championship to win a move to the EPL. Stand out for the OF and your next move is certainly to the EPL. 

Watt-Zeefuik
17 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Rangers and Celtic are bigger sides than any club in the Championship. That is indisputable. You'd have to be blinkered to suggest otherwise. You can also win trophies at the OF and play in Europe, something that can't be done at an English Championship club.

The Championship maybe a wealthier league but the standard isn't much better. I'd argue that the level between ourselves and the OF is bigger than the level between ourselves and the majority of the Championship. 

I'd agree it is a stronger league because it is wealthier and it is a bigger league with bigger clubs but just because Middlesbrough can pay £1million for Uche or Notts Forrest can pay £4million for McKenna doesn't mean that the standard is much better. It isn't. Championship clubs pay over the odds for average players.

As for your second part. Van Dijk, Tierney, Ajaer, Wanyama, Armstrong, Eduoard etc..  didn't need to play in the Championship to win a move to the EPL. Stand out for the OF and your next move is certainly to the EPL. 

Bigger is such a funny term. I don’t think you’re wrong but at the same time there are clubs in the Championship and even League One with revenue as large as or bigger than the OF. The Championship, infuriatingly, seems to have a much better TV deal than the SPFL, and some of those clubs have 40k+ stadia. Add in parachute payments and the money sloshing around the mid tiers of English football is absurd.

To be clear I think the state of the actual football in the Championship is dire. Even with some quality players in the mix it’s the worst elements of British football and more generally European football, loaded with cloggers and huddies and lumpers. Mid-table Scottish football is far more interesting, just because of the heightened intensity.

But that doesn’t change the fact that the Championship is producing shite football with squads full of £15-25k/ week players playing in front of Dundee United-level attendances.

Tynecastle Valhalla
5 hours ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Does Souttar have a say?

who knows these days 😂😂😂

3 hours ago, VALDOS' said:

Just to clear things up, I'm hearing he definitely might go this month, but there is a chance he won't.

Nailed it. 

HeartsandonlyHearts
3 hours ago, VALDOS' said:

Just to clear things up, I'm hearing he definitely might go this month, but there is a chance he won't.

Thank God. Finally someone with facts we can believe.

• davemclaren changed the title to Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)