Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

16 minutes ago, Homme said:

Been given 10m to spend in Jan

That would be enough for the players they want.    Possibly pay a fee for Souttar.    3.5 mill for a French Forward,  400k+ for hedges (maybe), Souttar, they're tracking some strikers from lower leagues too.   I think one's from Lincoln.

Easily afford 1 mill for Souttar. 

Just to be clear, are you getting their bonus mixed up with transfer funds? "Blackburn are offering a sensational £10m bonus to their squad if they secure Premier League promotion this season." 

Edited by HMFC01

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

14 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

That would be enough for the players they want.    Possibly pay a fee for Souttar.    3.5 mill for a French Forward,  400k+ for hedges (maybe), Souttar, they're tracking some strikers from lower leagues too.   I think one's from Lincoln.

Easily afford 1 mill for Souttar. 

Just to be clear, are you getting their bonus mixed up with transfer funds? "Blackburn are offering a sensational £10m bonus to their squad if they secure Premier League promotion this season." 

Apologies, I might be getting mixed up yes. Couldn't remember where I'd read it. 

39 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Needs to make sporting sense for me, I want the 3rd place finish, European football next year and a pop at the cup.

He can go for nothing at the end of the season if he wants to.

Likewise, which is why it would have to be £3m plus, like Hibs with McGinn, to make sporting or commercial sense. 

53 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Can’t see him going to Blackburn. Will be aiming higher than this

Don’t know much about championship but they’re 3rd. If he gets lucky the sneak promotion and he’s sorted. 

A bit of a gamble if they fall off and he is left in limbo at a shite team 

34 minutes ago, R1874 said:

Don’t know much about championship but they’re 3rd. If he gets lucky the sneak promotion and he’s sorted. 

A bit of a gamble if they fall off and he is left in limbo at a shite team 

They're flying at the moment but seeing them 3rd came as a real surprise to me as only about a month or so ago they lost 7-0 at home to Fulham!

Blackburn would probably be a decent move for him, I think realistically he's not going to get an EPL move, so he needs to look at progressing there via the Championship.

wattie exploited

really pretty shit if he leaves after being paid his full wages the last 2 years he could have at least signed a extension with a clause saying he can leave if any good offer comes in for him  !

Yeah he has to do what is best for him but he needs to appreciate for the last two years he has been well looked after and if he leaves for jack shit it isn't going to go down well with some off the support  ,

saying that our constant lack off losing out on getting money for our good players are staggering unbelievable shit ,

I think we must be the worst club ever for losing money on our players by letting their contracts run down   !!!!!!!!!!  :rifle:

2 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

really pretty shit if he leaves after being paid his full wages the last 2 years he could have at least signed a extension with a clause saying he can leave if any good offer comes in for him  !

Yeah he has to do what is best for him but he needs to appreciate for the last two years he has been well looked after and if he leaves for jack shit it isn't going to go down well with some off the support  ,

saying that our constant lack off losing out on getting money for our good players are staggering unbelievable shit ,

I think we must be the worst club ever for losing money on our players by letting their contracts run down   !!!!!!!!!!  :rifle:

It’s pretty frustrating but it’s a short career in a business flowing with money in some places and might be even shorter for Souttar if he gets another serious injury. If he leaves for nothing I’ll neither wish him

luck nor harm. Just another Paul Ritchie. Zero loyalty. Zero status when he leaves IMO. Some folk will call him a legend after he has gone of course and we’ll get various ‘Souttar watch’ threads no doubt. Feck him. Just get me another centre half. 

My preference is we get some cash for him. I dont want him near the team if he signs a pre contract somewhere else.

Not Focused on Hearts and mentally be looking to avoid injury. He does not seem the kind of player who would down tools but the mental scars from the bad injuries could be a factor. 

No problem with him moving on. Would have a problem with him hanging about. 

SectionDJambo

Frustrating though it will be when he leaves for nothing, we need to remember that we have also signed good players for nothing in the past and will again in the future. 

The trick is to replace good players with an equal or better standard, preferably younger with a potential sell on prospect.

The Hogfather

It's good to see him repay the club for seeing him through his constant injury problems by making sure we don't get a penny for him. 

Jean Louis Valois

Would rather he went in January and we concentrate on getting Halkett and Kingsley signed up. Not interested in having players who don't want to be here.

I'm not being bitter as I've said it before but that's his peak level. And he may even get found out by some of the better strikers down there. I don't get where the whole EPL defender comes from.

It can be a shite league but it's a hard league.

And FWIW, he gets an easier time of it than Halkett. He got done by that pass against Rangers and lost Aribo yet those around me where going ape shit at Halkett. I guess you see what you want to see.

rudi must stay
2 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

I'm not sure he can.

He can compete in games against Celtic and Rangers. I think he can play in the Premiership, if he can do his top passing he'd be an asset to some of the league's top teams

Just now, rudi must stay said:

He can compete in games against Celtic and Rangers. I think he can play in the Premiership, if he can do his top passing he'd be an asset to some of the league's top teams

Maybe but we're still at the point when Premiership clubs see Scotland as the back of beyond. 

rudi must stay
6 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Maybe but we're still at the point when Premiership clubs see Scotland as the back of beyond. 

No I don't agree with that. The Old Firm get big bucks playing in the same league v the same teams 

7 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

He’s going in January if we get 500k plus a 15% sell on fee. 

Must have someone lined up. Joe did say spend half a million, sell them for a few million.

Unsure if that's now or in the future mind you.

Would imagine Blackburn will sign him on a pre contract then offer us shit pence to get him In  early for their promotion push.

That's the one thing in our favour they may feel they definitely want him in January and that could force them to pay a bit more  

16 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Would imagine Blackburn will sign him on a pre contract then offer us shit pence to get him In  early for their promotion push.

That's the one thing in our favour they may feel they definitely want him in January and that could force them to pay a bit more  

This situation will show exactly how good Joe Savage is as a Director of Football. 

As someone else said, 500k and a percentage of a future fee. Or, he sits in the reserves for 6 months with his contract. He is looking after himself, fair enough. We need to look after ourselves.

4 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

This situation will show exactly how good Joe Savage is as a Director of Football. 

Edit

Edited by ramrod

Jambof3tornado
40 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Sold.

I like Soapy but he's far too casual at times and whilst he could progress I'm not sure we'll ever get cash from a sell on.

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

It’s pretty frustrating but it’s a short career in a business flowing with money in some places and might be even shorter for Souttar if he gets another serious injury. If he leaves for nothing I’ll neither wish him

luck nor harm. Just another Paul Ritchie. Zero loyalty. Zero status when he leaves IMO. Some folk will call him a legend after he has gone of course and we’ll get various ‘Souttar watch’ threads no doubt. Feck him. Just get me another centre half. 

The Ritchie situation seemed even worse since he was actually a Jambo.

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Nunya Business said:

It's good to see him repay the club for seeing him through his constant injury problems by making sure we don't get a penny for him. 

It’s frustrating if we don’t get a fee for another good player but he doesn’t owe us anything.  He was under contract so we had to pay him, it’s not like we could just refuse to pay him because he was injured. 

Leveins Battalion

John averages just over 20 games a season for the whole of his career,Yes he is playing well but we all know the likelihood is he is going to end up out again.

1 hour ago, Hmfc1965 said:

I'm not sure he can.

This is correct, I look at the EPL teams and it's hard to see him going into any of those a starter.

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

😂 shut up.. idiot

Must admit I get fed up with comments like yours. Apart from the fact it’s moronic you clearly don’t understand anything about the likelihood of losing a huge potential transfer fee or how to negotiate.

If he signs a pre contract , which is shit as we get nowt, what happens if he gets an injury in training or perhaps in a game before he leaves ? Is it customary for a clause in the pre contract that an injury negates the deal ? 

my own personal choice is ,if as it looks it’s a pre contract ,I’d rather he’d **** off now and let someone who wants to play for us get a game 

2 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

If he signs a pre contract , which is shit as we get nowt, what happens if he gets an injury in training or perhaps in a game before he leaves ? Is it customary for a clause in the pre contract that an injury negates the deal ? 

my own personal choice is ,if as it looks it’s a pre contract ,I’d rather he’d **** off now and let someone who wants to play for us get a game 

Must pass his medical like everyone else. 

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, StevenNaismith said:

Cant see us getting that if he signs a pre-contract (the club he signs a pre-contract with will try to play hardball to sign him in January.)

I have made my peace with Souttar going a couple of months ago. I dont think he owes us anything. He has suffered a lot over his time at Hearts because of the injuries. Had he not had so many injuries, we could have sold him for a lot a few seasons ago and he would be playing in the Premier League by now. But it didn't happen and Souttar wants to take his chance now. We have been very unlucky and that is gutting, but I also think we have the view the summer past as a new era for Hearts. Souttar leaving is from old era which should hopefully going on be uncommon.

1 minute ago, McCrae said:

If he signs a pre contract  as being suggested, I wonder how he will handle the fans response? 

The same way Rangers fans responded to Laudrup leaving. Respect 🙏 

3 minutes ago, McCrae said:

If he signs a pre contract  as being suggested, I wonder how he will handle the fans response? 

My response will be he's dead to me, certainly won't be going with my best wishes but I won't be booing him either. 

He has stitched his club up likely many before him and many after him .

Why should we wish him well he has showed zero loyalty to the club but que sera its not uncommon amongst some. 

We can’t have any gripe with Souttar signing a pre contract elsewhere when we will be trying to sign players on pre contracts ourselves.

We can’t have it both ways.

10 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Cant see us getting that if he signs a pre-contract (the club he signs a pre-contract with will try to play hardball to sign him in January.)

I have made my peace with Souttar going a couple of months ago. I dont think he owes us anything. He has suffered a lot over his time at Hearts because of the injuries. Had he not had so many injuries, we could have sold him for a lot a few seasons ago and he would be playing in the Premier League by now. But it didn't happen and Souttar wants to take his chance now. We have been very unlucky and that is gutting, but I also think we have the view the summer past as a new era for Hearts. Souttar leaving is from old era which should hopefully going on be uncommon.

We got over £1m for Sow in a similar situation. I don't think £1.5m is an unreasonable ask for Souttar. Hearts do have plenty of leverage to say, no, you can't go in January, stay and finish your contract.

I agree that Souttar doesn't owe us anything (except the rest of the season should we ask it of him). He'll probably be keen to go but there's no need for us to grease the skids for him.

StevenNaismith

It’s 100% Stoke that he’s going to, only question is when. John has been badly advised in my opinion, he could have signed a new deal for a significantly higher wage and still left in the summer with the club receiving a large fee.

9 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

The same way Rangers fans responded to Laudrup leaving. Respect 🙏 

Do you honestly think Goldson will be treated the same way when he decides his future ...

18 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Must pass his medical like everyone else. 

So he tells us he wants to leave , agrees a deal with Blackburn , goes to Oriam for training and with no one near him he turns with the ball and snap an Achilles is gone , he’s then left in limbo . I certainly don’t wish that on him but if that scenario happened would Hearts offer him some kind of deal ? 

18 minutes ago, McCrae said:

He will be on a shooglie peg. If he pulls out of challenges then fans would turn quickly. Leaving a bad atmosphere at tynie.

If he signs a pre contract and is not sold in Jan he should not be near match day squads

3 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

It’s 100% Stoke that he’s going to, only question is when. John has been badly advised in my opinion, he could have signed a new deal for a significantly higher wage and still left in the summer with the club receiving a large fee.

It's really sad to see him shitting on the club after all we've done for him.  His career was going downhill fast at Utd and we stuck by him through a lot of serious injuries.  

If his new club don't make an acceptable offer for him in January I hope we seriously consider having him train with the kids for the next 6 months.

letsmakesomenoise
5 minutes ago, andrew said:

It's really sad to see him shitting on the club after all we've done for him.  His career was going downhill fast at Utd and we stuck by him through a lot of serious injuries.  

If his new club don't make an acceptable offer for him in January I hope we seriously consider having him train with the kids for the next 6 months.

We shouldn’t underestimate that as a bargaining chip, he will be keen to stay in the Scotland squad so will not want to be out of the shop window!

11 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Jackie McNamara has done his job…….Souttar will either get a big wage now or a big wage in the summer and a probably a bigger signing on fee as there won’t be a transfer fee to pay.

Souttars head has definitely been turned by the lure of the get richer quicker outlook.

But as his football career is likely to be a shorter than average one it’s hard to criticise him for it.

StevenNaismith
2 minutes ago, andrew said:

He’s unfortunately being advised by a man who is only interested in making money. He is represented by the Consilium Sports Group and is the biggest asset on their books. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)