Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

Can see him hanging about for 6 months and playing within himself so he doesn’t pick up an injury.  

He will get a huge signing on fee from a club if he goes at the end of the season, him and his agent will see it as better the cash going into their pockets than Hearts getting the money. 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The might want him now. 🤷‍♂️

It's not really a brain teaser. 

If they have a million quid to chuck at a summer freebie then fair doo's. 

portobellojambo1

Robbie said very recently that his aim during this Winter break is to bring another forward to supplement what we already have. Rightly or wrongly that tends to make me thing that he may know that Souttar isn't leaving during January, who knows he may not leave at all. I still don't think moving from Hearts to Stoke City is what I'd class as moving up football wise, but only time will tell.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

If they have a million quid to chuck at a summer freebie then fair doo's. 

Well, they might want him now rather than in 6 months. 

Same reason any club would pay a fee or buy a player Tbh in Jan. 

Ofc, some clubs might wait, but  the answer to your question was right there! 😜

23 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

I was laughing at the £3m for Souttar then I read we should sign Liam Fontaine to replace him.

Stay off the mulled wine folks.

:what:

has someone been on the eggnog?

The Treasurer
4 hours ago, DH1986 said:

Neilson dropped Sow before a far bigger game than this knowing a deal had been agreed.

I think Sow asked to be left out 

1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

I was laughing at the £3m for Souttar then I read we should sign Liam Fontaine to replace him.

That’s come from something much stronger than mulled wine!!

Hopefully he does us a turn when he inevitably goes in January and we get a 20% sell on clause, Good luck Soapy. A nice million in a transfer fee wouldn't go a miss either.

Take what we can get in January, we now have cover. Smith and Moore can both slot in CB now we have a new RWB. No point having a player that MIGHT play it safe to avoid another long term injury. The club and player have both done well for each other, and he'll leave with everyone's best wishes, unless of course he stays in Scotland 😪 If Souttars decided he won't re-sign he should be away on our terms not his/ his agent (that will be thinking of his wallet). 

6 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

What's the chances of this being the big man's last game for us?

Bcd as well. 

200 (1).gif

Need to be more than the £3m that finishing 3rd and guaranteed UEFA competition until Xmas would generate....

Very annoyed he's leaving tbh. 

Its to be expected, but nonetheless we're now in the position of having to take what we can get, and he may be pushed towards a move that isn't necessarily in his best interests. Signing an extension and then working with the club in the summer to get his move would have been better. 

Doubt we can keep Moore, but would have no issues about making Bristol and offer to keep him. Lad seems happy to be here and has been decent. Needs a proper run at CB to see what he's made of. Maybe need to see what we can do to make a deal happen for Stuart Findlay. Others have said he's well thought of and it looks like if he has international ambitions he needs to move on from Philly, I reckon coming to us would deliver him an international career. Gordon is already here and Souttar is now in the national team. Beyond that, Smith, Boyce, Devlin and Beni are all internationalists. GMS has a cap, McKay could very well end up with some etc.

A real shame he made that silly move to the MLS. Had he came to us, he'd have a cap by now IMO. 

Bazzas right boot
33 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Need to be more than the £3m that finishing 3rd and guaranteed UEFA competition until Xmas would generate....

Nah, teams have finished 3rd without Souttar before. 

It's all about our replacement, do we have one lined up now or in the summer? 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

He is our best footballing defender but two of our better performances and results came when he was out injured - Motherwell and Dundee Utd first time out.

2 hours ago, luckydug said:

Sell him for as much as we can get NOW. 

Unconsciously he will be keeping himself safe imo. 

He's not irreplaceable. 

I disagree, I think he irreplaceable this season.

10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nah, teams have finished 3rd without Souttar before. 

It's all about our replacement, do we have one lined up now or in the summer? 

Needs to make commercial sense too though. He'll leave for free in the summer.

20 hours ago, Boyces beard said:

It would take a stupid offer for us to let him go in January unless we have a suitable replacement already in place. The money on offer for finishing 3rd this season(if one of the top 3 win the Scottish cup) is at least 3 million and could end up being a lot more. Losing Soapy for 500k or something and not finishing 3rd would be a disaster for the club. Let him sign a pre contract with someone and then leave in the summer would be an option i would like to think we are looking at.

Letting him go for £500k with a 20-30% sell on clause and putting the transfer fee towards a replacement is good business imo.

9 hours ago, DH1986 said:

Okay okay but look I did say he was squad filler and not a replacement for Soapy.

We may need an emergency CH. Moore and Smith are the first choice replacements.

All the best if true 👍 moves on with no complaints of trying to better his career, and obviously his bank account, short career have to make most of it. 

Gutted we won't secure bigger fee but same thing could happen to Rangers with Goldson, like it or not any team coming in that is playing in the English Premiership or trying to get promoted from the  championship, very hard for a player to turn that down. 

2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

All the best if true 👍 moves on with no complaints of trying to better his career, and obviously his bank account, short career have to make most of it. 

Gutted we won't secure bigger fee but same thing could happen to Rangers with Goldson, like it or not any team coming in that is playing in the English Premiership or trying to get promoted from the  championship, very hard for a player to turn that down. 

As long as Soapy goes about this the right way and agrees to move if the club gets an offer it deems acceptable. If he runs his contract down or goes west it will leave a sour taste in my mouth. We need transfer fees to continue to build something. 

15 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Robbie said very recently that his aim during this Winter break is to bring another forward to supplement what we already have. Rightly or wrongly that tends to make me thing that he may know that Souttar isn't leaving during January, who knows he may not leave at all. I still don't think moving from Hearts to Stoke City is what I'd class as moving up football wise, but only time will tell.

Stoke are 8 points off the second automatic promotion spot to the EPL with a game in hand, so while not a glamorous move he/they could be in the top league next season. This is true of about 7 or 8 other sides in the Championship though.

15 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

He is our best footballing defender but two of our better performances and results came when he was out injured - Motherwell and Dundee Utd first time out.

No Hearts player is relayed on so much that they are irreplaceable, up front we need to add bit have had to make do with Boyce being injured and just about managed,  hibs in the other hand are a one man team

Aside from our interests I look forward to seeing how Souttar develops.

He has all the attributes to play at a top level.

Just sorry injury meant we didnt see more of him.

2 hours ago, Ked said:

Aside from our interests I look forward to seeing how Souttar develops.

He has all the attributes to play at a top level.

Just sorry injury meant we didnt see more of him.

If Grant Hanley can play in the Premier League, Souttar certainly can.

He's better than ****** Stoke that's for sure.

One minute I think he will stay and the next he will be off 🙃 but one thing that keeps sticking in my mind was the Rangers game and when he was awarded the match ball Scott Wilson said he wasn’t allowed to ask that question 🤔 so for me he is off 🥲

We've got a right good squad at the minute and keeping them together, plus 2 or 3 quality additions, could see us really pushing the bigot twins. However, I'm pretty certain soapy wants to leave so let him go in January. No point having players who don't want to be here so if we get £500k and a 15%+ future sale clause, we should take it. 

9 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

We've got a right good squad at the minute and keeping them together, plus 2 or 3 quality additions, could see us really pushing the bigot twins. However, I'm pretty certain soapy wants to leave so let him go in January. No point having players who don't want to be here so if we get £500k and a 15%+ future sale clause, we should take it. 

Not for me, especially with Utd getting a cut. 

Stoke are in the bottom play off place. If they want him right now to try for promotion, let's see how much they really want him.

1.5m and 30% is still a bargain buy for an international defender, as well as being sweeties to them.

3 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Not for me, especially with Utd getting a cut. 

Stoke are in the bottom play off place. If they want him right now to try for promotion, let's see how much they really want him.

1.5m and 30% is still a bargain buy for an international defender, as well as being sweeties to them.

There is no way we'll get £1.5m and 30% sell on clause for a player out of contract in 6 months! 

12 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

There is no way we'll get £1.5m and 30% sell on clause for a player out of contract in 6 months! 

Well if they're happy to risk not getting promoted by waiting I'm sure we'll be happy using him to cement 3rd. His tackle on the thumb suggests he isn't being half hearted.

3 minutes ago, SuperAustin said:

Blackburn talking to him about pre contract according  to daily record 

They're doing very good in the  Championship just now.   Third, not far off a challenge for first.    Although Fulham are scoring for fun and should win. 

Yeah that's an offer that will be heavily considered. 

WheatfieldWarrior
On 24/12/2021 at 14:59, Led Tasso said:

I might get stick for saying this but I'd absolutely take Fontaine off of Dundee as cover. He probably wouldn't come as it would mean less playing time for him but he's 35 so he might be fine with a squad role.

He was one of their only players last weekend who looked like he was trying to play the game of football.

While I'm not against an experienced player coming in as cover, I think we need to cast our nets a bit further that who we played last week.  I'd probably want English Championship experience level as minimum too.

WheatfieldWarrior
On 24/12/2021 at 19:59, Mr Elwood P said:

Needs to make commercial sense too though. He'll leave for free in the summer.

Needs to make sporting sense for me, I want the 3rd place finish, European football next year and a pop at the cup.

He can go for nothing at the end of the season if he wants to.

20 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Blackburn are skint.  Can't see them bidding much next month. 

If Blackburn sell Diaz for a big fee they can sign other players for fees.  Diaz contract up in the summer, big clubs monitoring him.   15 million maybe for a striker in form.    Mcburnie went for 20 mill I think 🤔 

Just to add, Blackburn have an option in his contract to extend apparently.    Whether they do is up to them.    Depends how desperate Leeds are to sign I  guess.   Offer a big deal, go on Leeds ☺ 

Edited by HMFC01

On 25/12/2021 at 11:09, brux said:

No Hearts player is relayed on so much that they are irreplaceable, up front we need to add bit have had to make do with Boyce being injured and just about managed,  hibs in the other hand are a one man team

Craig Gordon is irreplaceable at the moment. If he wasn't a Hearts man he wouldn't be here.

On 26/12/2021 at 12:07, Paulp74 said:

Didn't we get similar for Hickey?

20 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Blackburn are skint.  Can't see them bidding much next month. 

Been given 10m to spend in Jan

WheatfieldWarrior
On 26/12/2021 at 12:07, Paulp74 said:

Promotion to the EPL was estimated as being worth £170M over 3 seasons in 2019 by KPMG.

Those terms are buttons if it helps get them that. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)