Guilty

Drew Wallace

42 minutes ago, Drew Wallace said:

Two charges of manslaughter, reporters guessing possible nine years jail time, taken into custody until sentencing hearings in February/March.  How the hell could she not tell she had her gun in her hand. I never fired a taser but the trigger pull alone I would think would be distinct to both. Still find it difficult to judge a cop, but have in later years done a few, not easy but has to be done. Twenty six years service, she was serving that day as a training officer, makes no sense,  heavy price to pay, but I know I knew and it kept me disciplined that if you erred, or acted deliberately in a wrong manner, punishment would be heavy, it has to be shown that keepers of the law are not above it.

From what I understand it was a genuine mistake, albeit a terrible one. I have never been in a life threatening situation such as that (or what was painted as life threatening), but I can imagine that even an experienced officer can become frightened and impulsive and do something without thinking, such as she apparently did. I hope she receives a lenient sentence although of course I sympathise with the victims family as it is a terrible situation.