Naismith to Kilmarnock?

Sertse

12 hours ago, Smithee said:

I wouldn't say they were particularly important assets, it seems coaches are pretty easily replaceable.

On the continent, particularly at clubs like Ajax, the youth coaches are paid in comparison to the first team coaches, they are seen as just as important, Ajax have always produced home grown talent, it is the ethos of the club and many other clubs in Europe, Porto too, so they pay there youth coaches accordingly,  these clubs take youth development seriously, not like in Scotland where we only pretend we do (In Scotland)we need to start paying the best coaches the best salaries to attract and coach the best young talent

Edited by jbee647

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TyphoonJambo

• Unknown user

• i8hibsh

• Lfhearts

9 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

He isn't involved with coaching at our first team level yet. He was on the bench for a few games recently when there were covid issues with the coaches. He has been coaching at the younger levels though, and you only have to look at how successful those levels have been in terms of trophy winning over the last few months to realise he appears to be having a big impact.

I've posted previously saying I thought that when he stopped playing he would possibly end up back at Kilmarnock, where he started. However, I was very pleased when he decided to stay at Tynecastle and start coachig here. What he does have is a strong winning mentality, something which would have been instilled while he was at Rangers. And it matches the thoughts Joe Savage has about what he expects.

I would like to hope that Naismith could stay at Tynecastle, learn a little bit more, both with us and with the help he is giving the international side, and eventually be installed as our manager. I believe he is the sort of person who can take us to the next level.

Well he does coach the first team, I have watched him coaching them, so stop there, he will be a big miss if goes.

Horatio Caine
11 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

He isn't involved with coaching at our first team level yet. He was on the bench for a few games recently when there were covid issues with the coaches. He has been coaching at the younger levels though, and you only have to look at how successful those levels have been in terms of trophy winning over the last few months to realise he appears to be having a big impact.

I've posted previously saying I thought that when he stopped playing he would possibly end up back at Kilmarnock, where he started. However, I was very pleased when he decided to stay at Tynecastle and start coachig here. What he does have is a strong winning mentality, something which would have been instilled while he was at Rangers. And it matches the thoughts Joe Savage has about what he expects.

I would like to hope that Naismith could stay at Tynecastle, learn a little bit more, both with us and with the help he is giving the international side, and eventually be installed as our manager. I believe he is the sort of person who can take us to the next level.

Agree 100% with this.  However - I guess Steven will weigh it all up and decide what he believes will be in his best interests.  If he goes, we do take a hit and I and many of us will be really disappointed.  But it's not about us, it's about his career which I believe will be a good one.

He'll be a miss for us of he goes but if we are to benefit from him as a manager in the future, having experience before managing Hearts will be important.

13 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

On the continent, particularly at clubs like Ajax, the youth coaches are paid in comparison to the first team coaches, they are seen as just as important, Ajax have always produced home grown talent, it is the ethos of the club and many other clubs in Europe, Porto too, so they pay there youth coaches accordingly,  these clubs take youth development seriously, not like in Scotland where we only pretend we do (In Scotland)we need to start paying the best coaches the best salaries to attract and coach the best young talent

Source?

portobellojambo1
13 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Well he does coach the first team, I have watched him coaching them, so stop there, he will be a big miss if goes.

No problem, I was unaware that his role had extended to first team coaching as well, but I'm happy to be corrected. It does make sense though, and possibly helps understand why he was the person whose comments were taken on board at Livingston in terms of Woodburn being removed from the game.

11 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Google it

FFS.. a wee bit research

I did Google it and I found nothing.

It's a continent of 500 million people and God knows how many countries and football teams.

And they do it, but we don't.

I even did a search for Ajax specifically and found nothing. Then I messaged my mate, whose son is in their youth system, I'll let you know when he gets back to me.

So, source?

4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It's a continent of 500 million people and God knows how many countries and football teams.

I even did a search for Ajax specifically and found nothing. Then I messaged my mate, whose son is in their youth system, I'll let you know when he gets back to me.

So, source?

I’ve read about it in various publications and watched it on tv and DVD’s

do you want a complete bibliography of books I’ve read on football over the last 30 years

do you seriously think I’m making it up, it’s a well known fact

Howdy Doody Jambo
22 minutes ago, Smithee said:

So, source?

Johan Cruyff autobiography is an excellent read and will fill you in with the ethos of Dutch football from Michels, Cruyff to Pep 

18 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

do you want a complete bibliography of books I’ve read on football over the last 30 years

I'd never heard of it so I looked it up and found nothing. I know for a fact it wasn't true at HFC Haarlem 10 years ago because I knew one of the youth coaches, he worked for free for his CV while first team coaches were paid. 

Ajax and Porto do both bring through a lot of talent but if you're saying that's because the youth coaches earn the same as the first team ones, then nope. 

5 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

Johan Cruyff autobiography is an excellent read and will fill you in with the ethos of Dutch football from Michels, Cruyff to Pep 

I haven't read it but I know a bit about how Ajax operate from my time over there. They have agreements with youth teams where they provide equipment, coaching expertise etc, and get the nod on exceptional talents coming through. They educate, they make strong, calm, intelligent people.

I mentioned Haarlem before, when I lived there Ajax had loaned them staff and players to help them get through tough times, they never made it unfortunately. But that's Ajax, tendrils everywhere, giving and taking, and Dutch football benefits.

I've still never heard of the wages thing though. I'm not saying it isn't a thing, but if it's stated as fact, seems reasonable to be asked about it.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
On 21/12/2021 at 23:16, Conman said:

They were big enough to win 11 and draw 2 of last 16 League visits to Tynecastle

How much do they pay? Doubt Naismith would want to take a chance regardless of the meaningless nonsense posted 

9 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

How much do they pay? Doubt Naismith would want to take a chance regardless of the meaningless nonsense posted 

They seem to be the ultimate hoodoo team for hearts, they aren't now, and might not be for some time hopefully🤞🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦

Central Belt 1874
On 22/12/2021 at 12:38, jbee647 said:

Take yourself along to any organised youth football matches/leagues away from the pro youth setup and you will quickly realise why Scotland is miles behind in producing great players. 

The players are there, the coaches are not. 

On 22/12/2021 at 13:07, Smithee said:

I haven't read it but I know a bit about how Ajax operate from my time over there. They have agreements with youth teams where they provide equipment, coaching expertise etc, and get the nod on exceptional talents coming through. They educate, they make strong, calm, intelligent people.

I mentioned Haarlem before, when I lived there Ajax had loaned them staff and players to help them get through tough times, they never made it unfortunately. But that's Ajax, tendrils everywhere, giving and taking, and Dutch football benefits.

I've still never heard of the wages thing though. I'm not saying it isn't a thing, but if it's stated as fact, seems reasonable to be asked about it.

It was a reasonable question. I would like to have read about it too (if the source was a website), it doesn't mean you don't believe the poster!

In Haarlem, were you working for a large engineering company beginning with F by any chance?

On 21/12/2021 at 21:58, TypoonJambo said:

Of course I'm being serious, you can't remember Hibs coaches because they've not had guys like him not in the modern era. If he goes it's a loss. Rankin was highly rated  he's just left,is that also not a loss? 

Is he a good coach? You seem to have some insight. 

Naisys Tackle
4 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I still think the job is Jack Ross's if he wants it.

He will be getting paid too much at Hibs to take a job the league below.  Ross will end up at St Mirren or Dundee. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Hectormasson said:

They seem to be the ultimate hoodoo team for hearts, they aren't now, and might not be for some time hopefully🤞🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦

I don't think that would be particularly high in SN reasons for his next role in football all the same as the post suggested 

2 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

I don't think that would be particularly high in SN reasons for his next role in football all the same as the post suggested 

Killie and St Johnstone? Could do well without either playing against us...can hardly beat either,,,

4 hours ago, CostaJambo said:

It was a reasonable question. I would like to have read about it too (if the source was a website), it doesn't mean you don't believe the poster!

In Haarlem, were you working for a large engineering company beginning with F by any chance?

No I was working in Amsterdam with TomTom at that point. I love Haarlem though, great wee city. I lived very close to the stadium, could see it from my couch.

18 minutes ago, Smithee said:

No I was working in Amsterdam with TomTom at that point. I love Haarlem though, great wee city. I lived very close to the stadium, could see it from my couch.

Agree, Haarlem is/was a lovely place.

jambo in iraq
On 22/12/2021 at 01:05, i8hibsh said:

The last really decent coach we had was John Mcglynnn.

Look at you all commenting on who is and isn’t a good coach. Truth is that none of you have a clue how effective he or any of the coaches are!

2 hours ago, jambo in iraq said:

Look at you all commenting on who is and isn’t a good coach. Truth is that none of you have a clue how effective he or any of the coaches are!

Most but not all though FF not saying much.

3 hours ago, jambo in iraq said:

No one is 'inside' Hearts, this is correct. I base my opinion on results, individual performance', stats and team performance. Crazy I know.

• 3 weeks later...
will-i-am-a-jambo
On 23/12/2021 at 21:43, Smithee said:

We went to a Haarlem game on a Friday night pissing down with rain. It was the night before Scotland played the Netherlands and so the ground was full of TA. Was a great atmosphere and think we swelled their coffers for a while but ultimately and unfortunately it wasn't enough to keep them going. Was a great experience though. 

19 minutes ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

We went to a Haarlem game on a Friday night pissing down with rain. It was the night before Scotland played the Netherlands and so the ground was full of TA. Was a great atmosphere and think we swelled their coffers for a while but ultimately and unfortunately it wasn't enough to keep them going. Was a great experience though. 

That was when I lived there, I met a couple of them marching to the game. All they knew was to come out the station at the back and keep walking. I told them it's a couple of miles but they didn't care.

HFC Haarlem were Gullit's first club and Advocaat's first managerial gig, they would have gone bust not long after this though, either that winter or the next I think.

will-i-am-a-jambo
42 minutes ago, Smithee said:

That was when I lived there, I met a couple of them marching to the game. All they knew was to come out the station at the back and keep walking. I told them it's a couple of miles but they didn't care.

HFC Haarlem were Gullit's first club and Advocaat's first managerial gig, they would have gone bust not long after this though, either that winter or the next I think.

Cheers for the info Smithee. I didn't know about the links with Gullit and Advocaat which is interesting. I remember it was difficult trying to get to and from the game but it was worth it. I'm pretty sure the Haarlem PA guy thanked us for the support and wished us well. 

fabienleclerq
On 23/12/2021 at 17:23, Central Belt 1874 said:

Take yourself along to any organised youth football matches/leagues away from the pro youth setup and you will quickly realise why Scotland is miles behind in producing great players. 

The players are there, the coaches are not. 

I think that's unfair btw, I know plenty great coaches. Mostly volunteers putting in hours to help kids play football. 

The pro youth set up has plenty of critics, they churn through kids destroying their confidence. 

the Hearts way
On 22/12/2021 at 11:33, TommyC said:

He'll be a miss for us of he goes but if we are to benefit from him as a manager in the future, having experience before managing Hearts will be important.

Tommy,  I'm not really agreeing with you on this,  reason being, he's been at the club for a while now and knows the set up also the player's from  first team to under 18's. Knows Scottish football inside out too, plus he's in the dug oot every week!

He's respected at the club and I think he'd step into Robbies shoes, quite comfortably,  when his contract is up! Simply my opinion! 

HHGH Onwards and upwards. 

Edited by the Hearts way

3 hours ago, the Hearts way said:

Tommy,  I'm not really agreeing with you on this,  reason being, he's been at the club for a while now and knows the set up also the player's from  first team to under 18's. Knows Scottish football inside out too, plus he's in the dug oot every week!

He's respected at the club and I think he'd step into Robbies shoes, quite comfortably,  when his contract is up! Simply my opinion! 

HHGH Onwards and upwards. 

Here's hoping! If he's good enough, the folk at the club will know. Hearts is a big job for your first job, is all I meant.

1 hour ago, TommyC said:

Here's hoping! If he's good enough, the folk at the club will know. Hearts is a big job for your first job, is all I meant.

Worked out for Neilson and I think Naismith has more natural leadership abilities than Robbie (that's not a dig at Robbie who has done a fantastic job, I just believe Naismith looks the part to be a manager by the way he conducts himself).