Naismith to Kilmarnock?

Sertse

16 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

I don’t think we should worry about an U18 coach potentially leaving tbh.

U18 coach, fwds coach, Scottish International, tremendously committed and hugely passionate profesional. Yes it worries me.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TyphoonJambo

• Unknown user

• i8hibsh

• Lfhearts

9 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Not sure if serious. Fair to say I could never have told you a Hibs U18 coach in all my life so prob wouldn't even notice if one left.

Of course I'm being serious, you can't remember Hibs coaches because they've not had guys like him not in the modern era. If he goes it's a loss. Rankin was highly rated  he's just left,is that also not a loss? 

53 minutes ago, Zico said:

I love Naismith but I wouldn’t care if he left. I mean, look at the wimmuns team. What the **** is he doing with them! Pish that’s what. Too many wimmun for a start etc etc. Good guy, shite wimmuns coach or whatever it is he does. 

U18s coach,ffs. Not women

32 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Agreed but if he does have a chance of that job doubt he would knock it back

Yeah but the point is I don't think he would be offered the job. I think they would think him a little too inexperienced at the moment.

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

With great respect to him as I really like him but I really would not care if he goes. It is hard to see what he does at Tynie. The proof is in the pudding as they say. Our strikers are horseshit.

Striker,singular. Gnando is not a striker.  No amount of coaching can change that

1 minute ago, weegie jambo said:

Yeah but the point is I don't think he would be offered the job. I think they would think him a little too inexperienced at the moment.

true but he would be a cheaper option

1 minute ago, Zico said:

superman-joke.gif

Peter Kay must be shittin himself now your on the scene.

3 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Possibly but we've no idea what he's on at Hearts. I feel Killie will pay what it takes to get back up. A cheaper option may not be the best policy in the long run.

1 minute ago, weegie jambo said:

Possibly but we've no idea what he's on at Hearts. I feel Killie will pay what it takes to get back up. A cheaper option may not be the best policy in the long run.

will need to wait and see

1 hour ago, Zico said:

I love Naismith but I wouldn’t care if he left. I mean, look at the wimmuns team. What the **** is he doing with them! Pish that’s what. Too many wimmun for a start etc etc. Good guy, shite wimmuns coach or whatever it is he does. 

:lol: 

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

I would be extremely surprised if Tommy Wright was on more than Naismith is at the moment, I’m not sure Neilson was last season tbh. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I would be extremely surprised if Tommy Wright was on more than Naismith is at the moment, I’m not sure Neilson was last season tbh. 

nae idea

12 minutes ago, Zico said:

No my fault you take everything literally. 

To be fair,it was a kneejerk reaction  on reflection I see the humour,a bit.

Just now, TypoonJambo said:

To be fair,it was a kneejerk reaction  on reflection I see the humour,a bit.

Well, with compliments like that, now I can sleep easy tonight. Thank you. 

49 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

So you don't think their both important club assets and losing them is not good?

I wouldn't say they were particularly important assets, it seems coaches are pretty easily replaceable.

11 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

will need to wait and see

yeah, I shall keep my ear to the ground in the Stewarton coffee shops!

4 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

It's getting so sad on here mucker.

The sarcasm from @Zico was good.

So good, it turned into a whoosh moment for some.

34 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

U18 coach, fwds coach, Scottish International, tremendously committed and hugely passionate profesional. Yes it worries me.

44 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

He trains first team also goes through routines with them, big loss of he goes, seems to be a lot leaving academy at moment.

Naismith leaving won’t make a single bit of difference to our season imo.

Professional players like Naismith around the club are of a huge benefit. 

He has a vast experience playing at the highest level and is well thought off within the National set up. 

I think he would benefit from another couple of seasons with us but would wish him well if he decided to move on.

Think that would be a bad move for Killie, for him and for Hearts. Needs another couple of seasons coching under his belt before he takes on a Championship role on his own. IMO

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

There is no way he does not get involved with our strikers on the training field. No way.

You are the absolute worst.

15 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Of course I'm being serious, you can't remember Hibs coaches because they've not had guys like him not in the modern era. If he goes it's a loss. Rankin was highly rated  he's just left,is that also not a loss? 

Fair enough. I'm happy to have him as a coach but not going to be concerned if he leaves.

Folk saying not bothered if he leaves etc. Having guys like Naismith at our club elevates the attitude of everyone,makes us professional, sets standards. I love that hes at Hearts.

We all know he'll move to management but id love him to stay with us a season or two first.

1 hour ago, weegie jambo said:

I like Naismith, he had a fair bit of dig about him as a player and hopefully he is passing on this attitude to the players. I think he would be best advised to stay with us.

Killie have a get up at all costs policy and Billy Bowie is fast rivalling Vlad for getting rid of managers. I think he would see Naismith as too much of a risk.

Also neighbours as well...very awkward when it goes wrong (and let's face it a football manager and chairman relationship is going to go wrong at some point!).

3 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Also neighbours as well...very awkward when it goes wrong (and let's face it a football manager and chairman relationship is going to go wrong at some point!).

yeah, I'd keep well away if I was Naismith. Going to be awkward up at that big house on the hill!

17 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Doubt Kilmarnock are big enough for his ambition 

They were big enough to win 11 and draw 2 of last 16 League visits to Tynecastle

7 minutes ago, Conman said:

They were big enough to win 11 and draw 2 of last 16 League visits to Tynecastle

I knew our home record wasn't great against them but hadn't realised it was just that awful! Actually had to go and double check that one as didn't believe it (sorry!). That's a shocking stat.

7 hours ago, Conman said:

6 years you have waited to post this😳😳

9 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Folk saying not bothered if he leaves etc. Having guys like Naismith at our club elevates the attitude of everyone,makes us professional, sets standards. I love that hes at Hearts.

We all know he'll move to management but id love him to stay with us a season or two first.

Very much my view.  I imagine our U18s benefit hugely from having  a coach with EPL and international credentials.  The posters saying he won't be missed will no doubt be the first to moan that no youth is coming through into the first team.

Could be a useful chance to dump what might still be a sizeable wage, given he still had 2 years left on his playing contract.

SomethingAboutObua

If I was him I wouldn't go, that's a hugely difficult job with the league so competitive when your coaching experience is assisting the assistants at Hearts for half a season. 

Would like to see Killie stay down a year or two more, don't hate them or anything just think the league could do with a fresher face for a while. The midtable version of Hamilton, one great finish on their budget and then scrapping it out every year just to avoid finishing 9th. Would rather we had Dunfermline or Falkirk in their place 

12 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

Good luck to him if he goes, no sure its the best time to be going there for him tbh. 

He has to look at the bigger picture long term. I see him as a future Hearts manager. Leaving now for a tough gig at Kilmarnock probably shuts the door on that whether he’s successful there or not. He probably won’t be able to resist for emotional reasons if he gets offered it, but he needs to think very carefully about the path he wants his coaching career to take. A failure at the first hurdle and he’ll find it very difficult to get back on the ladder

1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

They already burned that bridge.

Also Jig couldn't leave Goggsy and Gally with Jobby 😂

Edited by Stu_HMFC

13 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

So you don't think their both important club assets and losing them is not good?

You can't keep people back. 

What are they supposed to do ? 

If you want to further your career and gain experience you have to take your chance when it comes. 

It's no disrespect to Hearts and nothing to get bothered about. 

One or both may find themselves back at Hearts in the future. 

26 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

He has to look at the bigger picture long term. I see him as a future Hearts manager. Leaving now for a tough gig at Kilmarnock probably shuts the door on that whether he’s successful there or not. He probably won’t be able to resist for emotional reasons if he gets offered it, but he needs to think very carefully about the path he wants his coaching career to take. A failure at the first hurdle and he’ll find it very difficult to get back on the ladder

He's a sensible guy I'm sure he'll be thinking long and hard about this. 

He won't want to fail at the first hurdle. 

There is tough competition in the Championship it won't be easy. 

35 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

If I was him I wouldn't go, that's a hugely difficult job with the league so competitive when your coaching experience is assisting the assistants at Hearts for half a season. 

Would like to see Killie stay down a year or two more, don't hate them or anything just think the league could do with a fresher face for a while. The midtable version of Hamilton, one great finish on their budget and then scrapping it out every year just to avoid finishing 9th. Would rather we had Dunfermline or Falkirk in their place 

Dont think Falkirk will be bothering us for a while mate. 

portobellojambo1
13 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

With great respect to him as I really like him but I really would not care if he goes. It is hard to see what he does at Tynie. The proof is in the pudding as they say. Our strikers are horseshit.

He isn't involved with coaching at our first team level yet. He was on the bench for a few games recently when there were covid issues with the coaches. He has been coaching at the younger levels though, and you only have to look at how successful those levels have been in terms of trophy winning over the last few months to realise he appears to be having a big impact.

I've posted previously saying I thought that when he stopped playing he would possibly end up back at Kilmarnock, where he started. However, I was very pleased when he decided to stay at Tynecastle and start coachig here. What he does have is a strong winning mentality, something which would have been instilled while he was at Rangers. And it matches the thoughts Joe Savage has about what he expects.

I would like to hope that Naismith could stay at Tynecastle, learn a little bit more, both with us and with the help he is giving the international side, and eventually be installed as our manager. I believe he is the sort of person who can take us to the next level.