Gnando

upgotheheads

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

He is responsible for all transfers although RN has the final say.

He isn’t responsible if someone else is making the final decision.

RN wanted Gnando and Savage did the necessary…..same with GMS.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• sadj

• Rick James

• GinRummy

4 hours ago, Birregrande said:

Really? Aaaand, in other news apparently bears shit in the woods. 😂

Only joshing pal, yes 2 strikers needed, but we are getting there. Almost excited about the rest of the season now! :HeartsManspotrun:

Not in winter they don't around here!  

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I still think guys like this have some sort of value to get rid to an English club. Even £50k.

We sometimes give players away for **** all too easily. Like Bjorn for example (as far as I am aware).

Would love to sell him, but don't think anyone would buy him. Happy for Henderson to come back as third choice and we sign a new striker

22 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I still think guys like this have some sort of value to get rid to an English club. Even £50k.

We sometimes give players away for **** all too easily. Like Bjorn for example (as far as I am aware).

If Joe Savage manages to get a club to part with cash for Gnando I fail to see how any other business we do this window would top that

Francis Albert
3 hours ago, stotty said:

Don't think he's anywhere near as bad as it's now popular to make out, but still for the best he moves on. 

You don't get employed as a professional footballer for over a decade if you are as bad as he is  portrayed on here. 

2 hours ago, DH1986 said:

He isn’t responsible if someone else is making the final decision.

RN wanted Gnando and Savage did the necessary…..same with GMS.

Well that's cleared that up.

Did RN want Kastaneer as well?

9 hours ago, Locky said:

Wish you could've seen me playing 7's tonight. I played much like big Armand himself in front of goal. I actually ran about though.

🤔

4 minutes ago, Locky said:

If I didn't at least run about a bit, I'd never get invited back.

With your looks , drinking ability and general chaos we both know thats not true 🤣

36 minutes ago, sadj said:

With your looks , drinking ability and general chaos we both know thats not true 🤣

:lol: 

7's is the one thing I haven't been barred from yet.

2 hours ago, Locky said:

:lol: 

7's is the one thing I haven't been barred from yet.

Season of goodwill and all that give it until January pal 🤣

May have picked it up wrong but is the narrative now we need mobility. It makes it sound as if they brought in Gnando based on never having  seen him. Got in a raffle

Edited by Riccarton3

Don’t know if we ever played to his strengths due to our style or if he is just hopeless. Either way I hope he leaves as is it isn’t working out for either party. 

Unless they have the quality of Mark De Vries or Kevin Kyle I don’t particularly like the big lump up front. It generally attracts boring long ball football and they slow down the play badly. Better with someone coming deep (like Boyce) and a faster, energetic player up top able to chase the ball down (like Stephen Elliot) 

I reckon with a Stephen Elliot type player our wingers would have a field day with the amount of space he would create. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

If he scored the winner against Hibs in the next derby match who among us would keep him till the end of season ?  ( in case he felt like doing it again)

42 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Don’t know if we ever played to his strengths due to our style or if he is just hopeless. Either way I hope he leaves as is it isn’t working out for either party. 

Unless they have the quality of Mark De Vries or Kevin Kyle I don’t particularly like the big lump up front. It generally attracts boring long ball football and they slow down the play badly. Better with someone coming deep (like Boyce) and a faster, energetic player up top able to chase the ball down (like Stephen Elliot) 

I reckon with a Stephen Elliot type player our wingers would have a field day with the amount of space he would create. 

I think Stephen Elliott is the perfect archetype of the striker we need. Tireless runner who harrasses defenders and makes space for others to get clear cut chances. We already have the goalscorer in Boyce, we just need to find him another Alex Schalk to get defenders off his back.

1 hour ago, BigAlim said:

I think Stephen Elliott is the perfect archetype of the striker we need. Tireless runner who harrasses defenders and makes space for others to get clear cut chances. We already have the goalscorer in Boyce, we just need to find him another Alex Schalk to get defenders off his back.

Yep. He got a bit of a hard time for his lack of goals but I think most hearts fans now appreciate what he actually brought to the club and how his donkey work up front allowed others to shine. A player like him would be brilliant 

2 hours ago, Chillidigits said:

If he scored the winner against Hibs in the next derby match who among us would keep him till the end of season ?  ( in case he felt like doing it again)

If that were to happen we wouldn’t have a choice anyway 😉

1 hour ago, BigAlim said:

I agree to an extent, but Elliott had players like Skacel, Suso and Templeton behind him who took chances. Our current attackers barely have a handful between them, we’ve been relying on our defenders (mainly Kingsley) than our attackers outside Boyce. But I do agree we need someone equally adapt to playing centrally as well as from the wide positions, so we can cause confusion in the opposition and create space as you say. But preferably that forward can score too, or we have attackers that can start chipping in with more.

There must be tried and tested techniques on the training ground designed to improve a players sharpness in the penalty box  and ways to carve out shooting opportunities. I think we're pretty good in all areas of the pitch except the final third. If we could just work harder in training at creating and taking chances I'm not saying that it would make all our guys natural goalscorers but the reward might be generating that extra split second of thinking time needed to get a decent effort on target.

On 21/12/2021 at 22:21, DesertDawg said:

Not in winter they don't around here!  

Ha ha! I see what you mean - Hibernation time over there?  Fecal bear butt plugging isn't a usual phrase you see on KB, apart from the Shed obviously.. 💩

On 21/12/2021 at 22:35, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Always worth seeing who wants him. With his age, he's pretty much just a faceless journeyman for most clubs (i.e the rest of his career is going to be 1-2 year deals at most. I'm not sure he's really worth anything. I'd just be happy to not be on the hook for his salary. 

47 minutes ago, LauderJambo said:

He might just be the worst player I've seen playing for Hearts..??

Hope he pops down to Leith next😂😂

Far from worst player ! You must have only watched us for about a month 

My impression was he basically took the huff . 

Squad system nowadays , players have to be patient and grasp opportunity when they get a chance .

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, LauderJambo said:

You must have only watched about  2 games in your life. 

No where near the worse. 

1 hour ago, LauderJambo said:

3 words.  NOWHERE NEAR IT!

Bazzas right boot

If anything a % sell on for anyone going to England is a must. 

Even shite players can go for a bit money down there. 

23 hours ago, Chillidigits said:

There must be tried and tested techniques on the training ground designed to improve a players sharpness in the penalty box  and ways to carve out shooting opportunities. I think we're pretty good in all areas of the pitch except the final third. If we could just work harder in training at creating and taking chances I'm not saying that it would make all our guys natural goalscorers but the reward might be generating that extra split second of thinking time needed to get a decent effort on target.

Could it be that they don't get any success on the training ground since we have Craig Gordon training with them?

Maybe should see if we can get Pereira back...

The state of some people on here.

Gnando is going to be one of those players we hear about scoring 15 goals for a League One side in England in a few years.

It's not working out here and it's time to move on but some fans need to give themselves a shake.

Worst player. FFS. Do people even remember Paul McCallum?  Juwon Oshaniwa? I've only been a Hearts fan for a bit over a decade and I can recall off the top of my head a half dozen players who were far worse only in the time I've been watching.

5 hours ago, LauderJambo said:

Did you not see Poppodom Hands?

On 21/12/2021 at 23:52, Francis Albert said:

You don't get employed as a professional footballer for over a decade if you are as bad as he is  portrayed on here. 

Oh yes you do!

7 hours ago, LauderJambo said:

If you had seen some of the dross in the 70s and early 80s you would know that's not the case!

3 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Oh no you don't. Even limiting the scope to Hearts players that doesn't stand up.

Our own Christmas Pantomime!

OH YES YOU DO!!!

Some players who come to Scotland, especially English players, get it wrong and think they'll stroll it up here. Our league's a step up for Aussies on the other hand, and they give it their best....

9 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

The state of some people on here.

Gnando is going to be one of those players we hear about scoring 15 goals for a League One side in England in a few years.

It's not working out here and it's time to move on but some fans need to give themselves a shake.

Worst player. FFS. Do people even remember Paul McCallum?  Juwon Oshaniwa? I've only been a Hearts fan for a bit over a decade and I can recall off the top of my head a half dozen players who were far worse only in the time I've been watching.

Well said! These forums are a lovefest for the reactionary, the ignorant and the immature.

I would not be surprised if Gnando turns up in the championship or league 1, and is banging them in for fun. He has a decent record down south already. The reality is that he was taken on by hearts to add a different dimension last year when the opposition was sitting in. This year we are playing a system that does not suit his style. We tend to play 1 up whereas he would be better in a front two format.

The so called fans of this club have practically hounded him out with cruel playground antics. I love the club but am sometimes ashamed by some of the comments on this forum. For my part, good luck to the guy. He may not fit in here but he could do well elsewhere.

16 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Oh no you don't. Even limiting the scope to Hearts players that doesn't stand up.

He’s behind you FA. Merry Xmas! 

• 2 weeks later...

There’s a story that Gnando pished in a Lucozade bottle at Dundee while

on the bench and Walker told him he was a prick as somebody could drink it, he just laughed like the absolute roaster he is.

Get him to ****

4 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

on the bench and Walker told him he was a prick as somebody could drink it, he just laughed like the absolute roaster he is.

Get him to ****

I heard he killed a kitten and drank it’s blood while playing Marylin Manson records backwards. 

9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I heard he killed a kitten and drank it’s blood while playing Marylin Manson records backwards. 

Bit harsh judging a man for perfectly normal behaviour. 

12 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Absolute pish, anybody that’s anybody knows it was a sex pistols record it was sung to

21 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Get him to ****

What a lot of pish. 

22 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Get him to ****

Years ago I’d drink lucozade and it would get stolen by some git. So on the site I’d fill up the odd bottle with Mitch41 Special and leave them around the job. Well didn’t a bottle go missing soon after that and I never had anyone mess with my lucozade again. 
True story.

On 24/12/2021 at 09:57, LauderJambo said:

No where near it!