Derby tickets

mscjambo

On the back of today's announcement  I'm assuming that having bought Derby tickets we will simply get our money back now....gutted love a new year's Derby 

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cookieboy

• Locky

• maroonplatoon87

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They are concerned about thousands of people traveling to an event. Crammed in on buses, trains and pubs etc.

Also the strain it has on emergency services.

5 minutes ago, Locky said:

Guess we'll have to wait and see. I'd assume both clubs will be trying to get the match postponed in which case no refund required.

Don’t think the league will agree to that tbh 

We played a semi and a final behind closed doors

Just now, PTBCAL said:

Don’t think the league will agree to that tbh 

We played a semi and a final behind closed doors

Given the rather short notice of the decision, I think any club who argues the unfairness of losing out financially definitely has a point. Would like to see the whole league come together (pah!) and boycott playing the matches.

8 minutes ago, Locky said:

Guess we'll have to wait and see. I'd assume both clubs will be trying to get the match postponed in which case no refund required.

The game is live on Sky Sports so cant see that happening somehow.

husref musemic
14 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

They are concerned about thousands of people traveling to an event. Crammed in on buses, trains and pubs etc.

have you seen Edinburgh any given day at the moment? matchday in gorgie is quiet by comparison.

easy target for the thickos making it up as they go along.

Just now, Lambo85 said:

Catch 22 for Sky though. While the viewing figures will be higher from Hearts and Hibs fans if we're not allowed in, neutrals won't tune in to watch an Edinburgh Derby effectively behind closed doors.

1 minute ago, Lambo85 said:

That, sadly, is the crux.

The TV overlords have not had to bend, relent, compromise...in anyway.

"Play bcd".

"No"?

"Give us our money back".

Fly the Saltire
18 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Someone with sense. 

6 minutes ago, martoon said:

That, sadly, is the crux.

The TV overlords have not had to bend, relent, compromise...in anyway.

"Play bcd".

"No"?

"Give us our money back".

Well I'll be looking for my money back for the Derby. The thought of those scaffs getting my cash and me not being able to flick the vics at them makes my blood boil. 

10 minutes ago, Mister T said:

Well I'll be looking for my money back for the Derby. The thought of those scaffs getting my cash and me not being able to flick the vics at them makes my blood boil. 

Aye.

Money should be returned.

13 minutes ago, Mister T said:

13 minutes ago, Mister T said:

Hearts won’t hand over the ticket money until the game is played. If it goes ahead behind closed doors the wee team won’t see a penny. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Imo…..

the winter shutdown will be brought forward a week and the 3 postponed matches will take place mid January.

SkySports won’t be holding anyone to ransom on this. They have plenty English matches they’ll slip in to cover.

Celtic will want that, Rangers not so much. 

58 minutes ago, Locky said:

If a spectator is not allowed to attend anyone who bought a ticket can demand a refund.  

If you've paid with a debit/credit card and the event is not played or shown on that particular date and time you are allowed to claim your money back however in this case the event will still be played out but admittance to the event has been prevented so I don't know where the claim lies on that part. 

Surely to **** we'll be entitled to our money back 🤔

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Restonbabe said:

Move it to Murrayfield and allow 25,000 to attend. Makes most logical sence

How can they do that when crowds are limited to 500?!

1 hour ago, husref musemic said:

have you seen Edinburgh any given day at the moment? matchday in gorgie is quiet by comparison.

easy target for the thickos making it up as they go along.

Yes, was in the Xmas market on princes street briefly yesterday.  Crammed with people, majority not wearing masks, all bumping into each other.  Much safer in my seat at tynie. 

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, Lambo85 said:

I think its more concern about thousands of people leaving three of the stands half way through the game 

Doctor FinnBarr
51 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I think its more concern about thousands of people leaving three of the stands half way through the game 

No concern, they just all received a message from their sisters saying CHIP.

5 hours ago, Locky said:

Catch 22 for Sky though. While the viewing figures will be higher from Hearts and Hibs fans if we're not allowed in, neutrals won't tune in to watch an Edinburgh Derby effectively behind closed doors.

Postpone it till crowds allowed back in, people hold on to their tickets, f...k playing anyone with no one there, at any game!  It's total shite, absolute turn off imo....

Fxxx the SPFL
5 hours ago, Fly the Saltire said:

Someone with sense. 

Have you been out in Edinburgh recently all public transport and pubs rammed and not on matchdays 

4 hours ago, dannymack said:

If you've paid with a debit/credit card and the event is not played or shown on that particular date and time you are allowed to claim your money back however in this case the event will still be played out but admittance to the event has been prevented so I don't know where the claim lies on that part. 

Surely to **** we'll be entitled to our money back 🤔

Of course we will be.

The Treasurer
37 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Postpone it till crowds allowed back in, people hold on to their tickets, f...k playing anyone with no one there, at any game!  It's total shite, absolute turn off imo....

How long do you wait or how many games postponed until you get to the stage where its not possible to complete the league 

We_are_the_Hearts

Anyone that thinks this will only be for 3 weeks is a bit naive. It was only meant to be 3 weeks back in March 2020. Get the games on. Life must go on.

52 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Yup. As a ST holder I've got a chance of still getting to go to the Ross County and St Johnstone games, but I don't know if I'd even want to. Might sound a bit contradictory given my moaning about potentially having this freedom taken away from me, but as you well know, going for the sake of going in a massively reduced capacity totally detracts away from what going to the football is really about. It's a lot more than just going to watch 22 men kick a ball around a park for 90 minutes.

1 hour ago, Locky said:

Yup. As a ST holder I've got a chance of still getting to go to the Ross County and St Johnstone games, but I don't know if I'd even want to. Might sound a bit contradictory given my moaning about potentially having this freedom taken away from me, but as you well know, going for the sake of going in a massively reduced capacity totally detracts away from what going to the football is really about. It's a lot more than just going to watch 22 men kick a ball around a park for 90 minutes.

Bang on m8..

8 hours ago, mscjambo said:

On the back of today's announcement  I'm assuming that having bought Derby tickets we will simply get our money back now....gutted love a new year's Derby 

Its 3 weeks to start ? Be sure its going to be a lot more, probably refunds on  the cards for Derby,  and folks that may have bought tickets for St Johnstone away   

16 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Its 3 weeks to start ? Be sure its going to be a lot more, probably refunds on  the cards for Derby,  and folks that may have bought tickets for St Johnstone away   

Nobody has bought tickets for StJ away.

1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

Nobody has bought tickets for StJ away.

Stop ruining a moan :) 

In other news and not directed at You DH:

The Ambulance service will be/are running at 175% capacity, to function they operate at 60% to allow for 20% for staff absences and major incidents.

175% means they cannot function.  We don’t need fans putting pressure on those services.  The comments online about “Fight this Hearts, **** Nicky” are totally chronic.

Edited by Armageddon

23 hours ago, mscjambo said:

Speak to your bank and they'll cancel the transaction for the ticket. Will only take a few minutes.....

Holyroodjambo

Has anyone who bought a Derby ticket on-line had theirs delivered yet? I haven't. Maybe holding them back until confirmation match is going ahead.

stevie.nolan.5
3 minutes ago, Holyroodjambo said:

Has anyone who bought a Derby ticket on-line had theirs delivered yet? I haven't. Maybe holding them back until confirmation match is going ahead.

Got mines through the door yesterday 🤨🤨

12 minutes ago, Holyroodjambo said:

Bought mine the day they went on sale (Thursday?) and they arrived on Saturday.

47 minutes ago, Holyroodjambo said:

Got 4 tickets for St Johnstone in the post yesterday, about 2 hours before they announced the restrictions :lol:

Gutted. 

• 2 weeks later...
Andrew Stevenson

I phoned the ticket office a few days ago and they said there were derby tickets left but they are not selling them at the moment. Presumably they are waiting to confirm if supporters will be allowed and will then sell off the remaining tickets. 

14 minutes ago, Andrew Stevenson said:

I phoned the ticket office a few days ago and they said there were derby tickets left but they are not selling them at the moment. Presumably they are waiting to confirm if supporters will be allowed and will then sell off the remaining tickets. 

cheers

• 2 weeks later...
thehibsareintheirbeds

Yeah just had a check on not on sale again yet- was worried it had sold out. Can get 1 ticket but hopeful loyalty points lower so I can get a second

15 hours ago, Snedds76 said:

Threshold will definitely drop as no way we've sold out with the crazy loyalty points figure for the first batch. 

Guy from my supporters club was told the threshold would likely drop but not by much. That was before the government intervention right enough.