Happy winter solstice!

Maple Leaf

To all the residents of the northern hemisphere, today is the day with the shortest amount of sunshine.

From now until June, our days will get longer.  Here comes the sun!  There are lots of cold days ahead, but at least they're sunnier.

:toasting::band2:

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Can be quite depressing.

Agree , I absolutely hate the cold dark nights 🙄love the warm evenings 🥳take the dog for a nice walk up the pentlands or a few beers in the garden   , roll on the summer for me 👍

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, One five said:

Agree , I absolutely hate the cold dark nights 🙄love the warm evenings 🥳take the dog for a nice walk up the pentlands or a few beers in the garden   , roll on the summer for me 👍

This.

Montgomery Brewster

Sunsets have been drawing out since last Thursday. So it’s already been getting lighter at night since then. Only by a minute or so but in the right direction.

alas due to the shape of the earth and the rotation it keeps getting dark in the morning until the end of the month. Again by only a few mins.

At least we are on the right road now at night 😎

Edited by Montgomery Brewster

9 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

To all the residents of the northern hemisphere, today is the day with the shortest amount of sunshine.

From now until June, our days will get longer.  Here comes the sun!  There are lots of cold days ahead, but at least they're sunnier.

:toasting::band2:

In Scotland that's usually sometime in mid July, right in the middle of summer. :laugh: