Who is the Best Manager for Developing Youth Players ?

Csaba's Broon Shoes

Guest JamboRobbo

We want Fast Eddie. He's the greatest football manager I've ever known.

Other than that, Jimmy Nichol and Terry Butcher.

Was it not redknapp?

Or am I completely imagining things:wacko:

Yeah think its Redknapp and I'm also pretty sure Frank Lampard Snr is involved or at least was involved with their youth system.

We want Fast Eddie. He's the greatest football manager I've ever known.

I feel that he didn't get the chance he deserved at Hearts.

I feel that he didn't get the chance he deserved at Hearts.

There is no doubt that he is a football man. However, it just seemed to me that he was from an era that has now moved on.

Two things really stick out about his time at Hearts.

One - The bizarre team selection at Easter Road in the cup. I do believe that was his team as Vlad trusts him.

Two - His rant on BBC Radio after the game saying everything in the garden was rosy.

There is no doubt that he is a football man. However, it just seemed to me that he was from an era that has now moved on.

One - The bizarre team selection at Easter Road in the cup. I do believe that was his team as Vlad trusts him.

Two - His rant on BBC Radio after the game saying everything in the garden was rosy.

I still think that when Vlad 'picks the team' it may well be Eddie who is really picking it.

The other one for me was him trying to kill the official at Falkirk!

bilston angel
Danny Murphy?

I still think that when Vlad 'picks the team' it may well be Eddie who is really picking it.

Thats a distinct possibility and I think one of them picked the team on Tuesday, you only had to look at the subs bench.

Commander Harris
Stop being crass - who do you really think? :)

I'm off topic here but NMH, you need to get your wolf or your cat back :)

Thats a distinct possibility and I think one of them picked the team on Tuesday, you only had to look at the subs bench.

I think its safe to say VR certainly gets ideas and looks up to Eddie in terms of footballing knowledge. To what extent Eddie picks the team/tactics etc though is uncertain.

In terms of the best producer of youth I would go for Wenger personally. Ok so a lot of the guys are youths he brings in, but this proves how good his eye for a player is. Am i not right in saying he's the only premiership manager to make aprofit in transfer fees?

Charlie-Brown

Maybe we should banjo more cheating refs & linesmen? Tynecastle could become like one of those dodgy Junior grounds where match officials are terrified going to, aren't sure if they will get out in one piece or get a hammering from both fans & players? We might get a few more favourable decisions? We certainly couldn't get any less! :laugh:

The other one for me was him trying to kill the official at Falkirk!

Absolutely magical.

Fast Eddie is the man.

Archived