The Ashes......

JWL

50 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Cause they prefer Buttler. No idea when the guys outwith those in test team last played proper game.

Is that it. So you're not selected on ability.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• NANOJAMBO

• Malinga the Swinga

• Mikey1874

3 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Can't be or Burns wouldn't be playing.

Burns averaging 12.75 and Hamed 14.5 in their 4 innings so far but I fully expect them to both be the openers on Boxing Day. Chris Silverwood has just confirmed he would have picked the exact same teams again despite now being 2-0 behind. Incredible.

10 minutes ago, JWL said:

Burns averaging 12.75 and Hamed 14.5 in their 4 innings so far but I fully expect them to both be the openers on Boxing Day. Chris Silverwood has just confirmed he would have picked the exact same teams again despite now being 2-0 behind. Incredible.

I saw Hameed open the batting in a couple of one day games for Lancashire at the start of the 2019 season. In the first one he ran out Keaton Jennings in the opening over. In the second one he was out stumped 2nd ball. This was after a season where Lancashire had persisted and persisted with him. He finished the previous season with a grand total of 165 runs from 17 innings, an average of 9.71. He had burst on the Test scene earlier with a plucky Boycott style which earned rave reviews, though not a ton of runs. Lancashire eventually gave up on him and Hameed has bounced back a little at Nottinghamshire ... but surely not enough to put real doubts to bed? His batting average in the County championship saw him just scrape into the top 50.
I've no idea what the answer is, just that England batting lineup has all the reliability and elegance of a clown car at the moment

Malinga the Swinga
17 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Another reaming on the cards.

Hope so. Get Root cheap and they'll fold. Cummings is back for Australia so arguably they have better pace attack than last one 

Lyons way better spinner than Leach. Broad better than Robinson as well, as he is at least capable of running through Australian batsmen.

England playing two wicket keepers is a bit ironic as their best keeper can't even get a game.

Malinga the Swinga

If only the lottery was as predictable as England batting. Root scores a few, never managed a century in Australia yet, and rest go down without a whimper.

Tailenders slogged for some, but 180 is pish. Warner gone I guess, but if Australia get over 350, it's over.

1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

The most commonly used sentence in the English language.

England batting collapse.

Also Hibs nil ;) 

10 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Looks like a public park

Now, I'll be the first to admit I don't know a helluva lot about cricket...but even I was surprised at how green that wicket looked.

25 minutes ago, Sydney said:

England's test team is a disgrace.

This is what happens when you prioritise the short format of the he game. They need to address this, immediately.

Malinga the Swinga

This is it for Root. One chance to play memorable innings and get score of 100+ for himself and set Australia over 250 to win.

Let's see how they do tomorrow.

36 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

This is it for Root. One chance to play memorable innings and get score of 100+ for himself and set Australia over 250 to win.

Let's see how they do tomorrow.

He needs other to stick with him long enough. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

My youngest is going on his own tomorrow after we spent Boxing Day watching England collapse again.

I expect him to be back at lunchtime.

3 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

England 22/4 and the night Watchman went after his 2nd ball. Ashes over before New Year. :lol:

The biggest of :cornette_dog: for Leach.

Could be interesting if Root and Stokes dig in and get some runs thereby frustrating the Aussie bowlers. As much as I want Australia to win, I still want it to be competitive and it's been anything but so far. Root goes though and it's collapse again.

The Mighty Thor

Green pitch so I'd expect a fairly quick end to the day today. 

11 wickets day one, 13 day two. I can't see anyone hanging around too long on that strip.