Robbie

NB GIN

Brick Tamland
9 hours ago, mitch41 said:

There’s nothing that can be said to you as you obviously can’t see what is going wrong with our team. This league is there for the taking, we’re 3rd and look at the teams we’ve lost to and dropped points to Ross County, Aberdeen, Motherwell etc. The players are good enough but the coaching and tactics are letting us down big time.  

What specific coaching would you like to see take place and what tactics are letting us down? 

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• InternationalJambo

• Bazzas right boot

• A.JAMBO

• JimmyCant

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tom Hardy’s Dug
37 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

I think our defenders are as good as we give them credit for, but Gordon's imperiousness means they can take far more risks getting forward than they could with a weaker shot stopper behind them.

I do think we need more production (not just goals but in chances) from the front line and from the wingbacks but we all knew that already.

I agree with this but then you look at our goal on Saturday - which was if not a counter attack a swift move up the pitch - and who was the player at the back post in a classic “poachers” position taking the gamble just in the case Boyce’s shot was miss-hit or palmed out by the keeper?

Alex Cochrane.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
37 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

I think our defenders are as good as we give them credit for, but Gordon's imperiousness means they can take far more risks getting forward than they could with a weaker shot stopper behind them.

I do think we need more production (not just goals but in chances) from the front line and from the wingbacks but we all knew that already.

I agree with this but then you look at our goal on Saturday - which was if not a counter attack a swift move up the pitch - and who was the player at the back post in a classic “poachers” position taking the gamble just in the case Boyce’s shot was miss-hit or palmed out by the keeper?

Alex Cochrane.

9 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

No I think we’ll be 15-20 points behind the OF by the end.

We’ve got a very good looking run of 7 games before the break including both OF at home. Win any 5 from 7 and 3rd is just about in the bag.

Then we need to hope that the OF or ourselves win the cup because I think that guarantees European group football and a big payout

No we haven’t. Only five games to go until the break. 

8 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Nah I put 2+2 together and assumed McCulloch was away watching a Wigan player we are interested in. Clearly he wasn’t but we are targeting this guy on a loan with a view to permanent deal - out of contract in the summer.

You keep saying that but he signed a four year extension with them in September. No way he is coming to us without a large fee. 

4 hours ago, martoon said:

Frustrates the hell out of me that we start away games so poorly and off the pace. If we started them better we'd probably be top.

Having said that we have done well overall this season. If we could have seen the current table in July I think we all would have been happy to varying degrees.

If we maintain our current ppg (1.75 of the top of my head) we will finish 3rd. Comfortably. That would make for a very good first season back in the Premier.

Winning the Cup would make it magnificent but even getting to the business end of the tournament would compliment such a league season.

Vast improvement on the soul destroying days of Cathro, Levein etc.

Same here, but yes, in too many games we are a 45 minute team, slow and off the pace in the first half, relying on Craig - ok I know it's his job - but we really need to avoid being dominated to ensure we are not chasing the game in the second half and making life easier for us.

43 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

Same here, but yes, in too many games we are a 45 minute team, slow and off the pace in the first half, relying on Craig - ok I know it's his job - but we really need to avoid being dominated to ensure we are not chasing the game in the second half and making life easier for us.

It is a problem.

Salvaging games is not a recipe for success.

Happens far too often, usually away from Tynecastle, but if it isn't addressed our future prospects are somewhat limited.

Neilson is still a young coach. There's time and room for improvement. I'm still not sure if that will happen but I hope it does. 

Neilson is a "safe pair of hands" and if he does improve in the next year or so we could be in for a good time. 

It would also negate the need for a change which is basically starting over and most of us have probably had enough of that over the years.