Robbie

NB GIN

PhoenixHearts

Love how before the game everyone was saying "we'll be lucky to get a result on that pitch, gonna be a really ugly game". 

*Ugly win happens on awful pitch*

"Aye but the football was brutal, Robbie must go" 

Cry about it.

We know some of you were hoping for 1 or 0 points, such is the desperation the undermine Robbie getting it right today and walking away with 3 points.

We knew it was gonna be a hard watch so why are folk complaining that it was... hard to watch?

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• InternationalJambo

• Bazzas right boot

• A.JAMBO

• JimmyCant

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Burford Jamtart

He’ll continue to get stick until he plays 4-2-3-1, 4-5-1 when under the cosh or even 4-4-2.  It’s the simple fact that he can’t predict the bloody obvious - or realise we don’t have the right players to make 3-4-3 work.  You need more dynamic wide players that join in with the forwards to create overlaps and balls in from decent positions. Fortunately  today it was that bad that he did see it and did something about it. Smith going off also a blessing.   But that could of been a couple down today in the first half.

3-4-3 - when under spells of pressure turns into 5-2-3.   This means the 2 in the middle get overrun and we get pinned back and can’t get out.  The forwards then become bystanders as we can’t play through the midfield and we get bullied and bossed a bit.  

Our squad should be third, shouldn’t be getting outplayed by Livi, Motherwell and Aberdeen like they have - so I think it’s only fair to comment on forums like these to think it could and should be better.

10 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Love how before the game everyone was saying "we'll be lucky to get a result on that pitch, gonna be a really ugly game". 

Cry about it.

We know some of you were hoping for 1 or 0 points, such is the desperation the undermine Robbie getting it right today and walking away with 3 points.

We knew it was gonna be a hard watch so why are folk complaining that it was... hard to watch?

I love this post.  👍

InternationalJambo
8 minutes ago, Burford Jamtart said:

He’ll continue to get stick until he plays 4-2-3-1, 4-5-1 when under the cosh or even 4-4-2.  It’s the simple fact that he can’t predict the bloody obvious - or realise we don’t have the right players to make 3-4-3 work.  You need more dynamic wide players that join in with the forwards to create overlaps and balls in from decent positions. Fortunately  today it was that bad that he did see it and did something about it. Smith going off also a blessing.   But that could of been a couple down today in the first half.

3-4-3 - when under spells of pressure turns into 5-2-3.   This means the 2 in the middle get overrun and we get pinned back and can’t get out.  The forwards then become bystanders as we can’t play through the midfield and we get bullied and bossed a bit.  

Our squad should be third, shouldn’t be getting outplayed by Livi, Motherwell and Aberdeen like they have - so I think it’s only fair to comment on forums like these to think it could and should be better.

So the manager should alter from the shape, formation and system that has us 5 points clear in third and change to a system that - with our personnel - makes us more defensive, yes?

Edited by InternationalJambo

3 minutes ago, Burford Jamtart said:

Yeah the formation has served us well but now can see the team is ready to dominate games, the fans expect it too. The wingbacks in 3-4-3 are too defensive and is bringing on more pressure as you've mentioned, any team that is brave enough to have a go, pins us back. Game completely changed when we went 4 at back today.

2 minutes ago, InternationalJambo said:

So the manager should alter from the shape, formation and system that has us 5 points clear in third and change to a system - that with our personnel - makes us more defensive, yes?

No , we just need to appoint  Burford as manager,  it's obvious. 

Burford Jamtart
1 minute ago, InternationalJambo said:

So the manager should alter from the shape, formation and system that has us 5 points clear third yes?

Yes, if he wants to be more than 5 points ahead, not draw so many games and make better use of the players he has at his disposal. Remember our best player this season has been our goalie......

Burford Jamtart
1 minute ago, db211833 said:

No , we just need to appoint  Burford as manager,  it's obvious.

Like all fans - entitled to my view. Can’t help it I’m right on this one - more than happy to have a pint with Robbie and play around with the glasses and beer mats to help him get us to the next level.

InternationalJambo
3 minutes ago, Burford Jamtart said:

Yes, if he wants to be more than 5 points ahead, not draw so many games and make better use of the players he has at his disposal. Remember our best player this season has been our goalie......

So you think a 4 at the back would make better use of the players at our disposal? Jeez. I really hope RN does change to one of these formations in the coming weeks. Will show you lot up. 

Got starting line up/set up away from home wrong AGAIN.

Doesn't seem to be able to get players up for it from the start away from home AGAIN.

He struggles badly imo with attacking players.

Craig Gordon having to keep us in it AGAIN.

Made a sub after 25 mins, zero impact for next 20mins. Half time things changed for the better and I've no doubt a few players had a few choice words in dressing room.

Clueless in how to start a game on front foot away from home. Things change in 2nd half but you can bet he will not learn from these 2nd half performances and Dundee away we will have to go through it all again first half (hope not).

3 points is great and welcome, but he is imo the weak link. Craig Gordon saving his skin.

InternationalJambo
8 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Got starting line up/set up away from home wrong AGAIN.

Doesn't seem to be able to get players up for it from the start away from home AGAIN.

He struggles badly imo with attacking players.

Craig Gordon having to keep us in it AGAIN.

Made a sub after 25 mins, zero impact for next 20mins. Half time things changed for the better and I've no doubt a few players had a few choice words in dressing room.

Clueless in how to start a game on front foot away from home. Things change in 2nd half but you can bet he will not learn from these 2nd half performances and Dundee away we will have to go through it all again first half (hope not).

3 points is great and welcome, but he is imo the weak link. Craig Gordon saving his skin.

Whats RN's record away from home this season, comparable to teams around us?

How many points did we collect today?

How many goals have we scored this season, comparable to teams around us?

Should we play without a goalkeeper?

Watch the game back, as soon as the change was made we imposed ourselves and livi struggled to get a foothold in midfield. Absolutely nothing to do with players having a few choice words in the dressing room. 

Again, whats RN's record away from home this season comparable to teams around us?

You are talking nonsense. 

bobby bombscare
5 hours ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Neilson got us into the first half mess, with the players and formation he picked.  He doesn't get credit for partially fixing it. Once again Gordon kept us in it.

Hopefully Woodburn will not play again and although McEneff was better second half, he was honking first. He isn't the answer.

Best squad since Romanov and it is being wasted on Neilson's negativity away from home 

One man up front to Livi....

Can you tell me the last time we had a manager that got it right tactically every week? 
CL, Cathrine, Stendal? They got it wrong every second week. Paulo Sergio? Our league position under him would suggest otherwise…

Also, when managers HAVE got it wrong, when was the last time a manager was willing to face it and change it before half time? CL would stick with it till the last 10 of the game regardless of the score (hence the 5-0 defeat to Livi). Cathie was clueless and couldn’t change it regardless and stendal had us a shambles regardless. 

5 hours ago, OTT said:

Thought he made the right call getting Woodburn off. Was losing possession constantly and just not at the races. After losing Smith to injury it was a big call to use 2 subs in 30 mins. 

I'm not really sold on 343 tbh, I don't think we have the players for it. As great as Devlin and Beni are, they're the 2 in a 4231 or part of the midfield in a 433. We seem rudderless attacking through the middle and would like to see a formation change to either of those two formations. Or some sort of variation where 3 midfielders are on the pitch. 

With your suggestion of 3 midfielders which would be Haring devlin and Beni I can’t see any team bossing midfield against us. Devlin and Beni are terrific players but I still think Haring is utter class.

5 hours ago, NB GIN said:

To give him credit I think his strength as a manager is he does change the system players when not working and many times it’s worked well. 

The negatives he chops and changes too much for my liking and starts with the wrong setup time after time but does  realise it and adapt. 

Need to get it right more often from the start for me. 

Mcneff Haliday not good enough unfortunately 

Agree, should have started Haring though, but he rectified that after 30 mins and that's what won us the game imo.

August Landmesser
1 hour ago, Robbies Tackle said:

He should have a poster of Craig Gordon on his wall. 

What does this even mean? Why are you using CG's work as a dig at Robbie?

RN should also have a poster of Boyce on his wall, and Woodburn, and Gnando, and Halliday, and Soapy,and every other player who helped us win games.

You do realise it's a team sport? 

Edited by August Landmesser

Naisys Tackle
13 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

What does this even mean? Why are you using CG's work as a dig at Robbie?

RN should also have a poster of Boyce on his wall, and Woodburn, and Gnando, and Halliday, and Soapy,and every other player who helped us win games.

You do realise it's a team sport? 

I mean if if wasn't for Craig Gordon we wouldn't have won today or many other times.  

I was  starting to doubt Robbies leadership 30 minutes into game today as the last 3 games have been a horrible first half watch . I’m caught in between all the fan formation talk and players just no working hard enough for the cause .  As Martindale said in his pre - match interview it’s 11 against 11 out there so anything can happen. Our 11 in first half today were outrun out fought ( so IMO  they were letting the support down . Something happened at half time whether Robbie kicked arse ? We,ll never know but he done his job and team performed much better 2nd half 

would love to see him get into Hearts Ledgend category 🇱🇻

8 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

I mean if if wasn't for Craig Gordon we wouldn't have won today or many other times.  

Being bailed out every week by a world class goalie at the top of his game. Not sure why that isn't being acknowledged. With an average goalie in our team we're lucky to be top 6. I'm sure some defenders of Robbie will say that the goalie is part of the 11,but the point is we should be taking far more advantage of the fact we have an incredible goalie playing for us. We'll soon find out that is the exception rather than the rule.... 

5 minutes ago, Aaron78 said:

Being bailed out every week by a world class goalie at the top of his game. Not sure why that isn't being acknowledged. With an average goalie in our team we're lucky to be top 6. I'm sure some defenders of Robbie will say that the goalie is part of the 11,but the point is we should be taking far more advantage of the fact we have an incredible goalie playing for us. We'll soon find out that is the exception rather than the rule.... 

You ok mate?

5 points clear in 3rd place and a wee cluster of our fans are absolutely seething. Delicious.

2 hours ago, InternationalJambo said:

So the manager should alter from the shape, formation and system that has us 5 points clear in third and change to a system that - with our personnel - makes us more defensive, yes?

The manager should tweak the system away from home by taking one of the front 3 out and playing another midfielder. Had he done so weeks ago IMO we’d have 4-5 more points than we do now

InternationalJambo
42 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

The manager should tweak the system away from home by taking one of the front 3 out and playing another midfielder. Had he done so weeks ago IMO we’d have 4-5 more points than we do now

Tweak the system? Yes. Abort it for a different set up, worrying about teams rather than impose our game? No. CL got slaughtered for less.

We can still play the same system with an extra midfielder as seen today when mceneff was pushed up the field (which changed the game for us). Talk of going back to the drawing board and changing to 4 at the back because we’ve struggled to control the midfield the last few away games is madness. We don’t and shouldn’t need to implement a new formation in the middle of the season. 

3 hours ago, Burford Jamtart said:

Jesus **** 🤯

25 minutes ago, InternationalJambo said:

Tweak the system? Yes. Abort it for a different set up, worrying about teams rather than impose our game? No. CL got slaughtered for less.

We can still play the same system with an extra midfielder as seen today when mceneff was pushed up the field (which changed the game for us). Talk of going back to the drawing board and changing to 4 at the back because we’ve struggled to control the midfield the last few away games is madness. We don’t and shouldn’t need to implement a new formation in the middle of the season. 

👍🏻

Aye lets go 4-4-2 because that gives us 3 in the middle of the pitch or 4-2-3-1 because that does too its ****ing unreal the shit that people come out with on here. Whats that you play FM or Fifa 👍🏻 No worries. 

Souttar tends to step out with the ball when we play 3 at the back and it helps push the team up the pitch. We are chronic at retreating when we get pressured and inviting teams on to us. Celtic today forced Uniteds average positions to almost all be in their own half. That was by closing off the centre when United tried to come forward and by pressuring their defence when they had the ball. Thats difficult to do when the opposition are trying to turn you with long balls rather than pass the ball. Problem early was when we sat back a bit the second balls were all being won by Livi. Motherwell did the same as Livi. Id suggest we learned from that and when it was obvious we werent playing to our best today we changed it to mitigate that second ball problem. Big call pulling Woodburn for Haring so early but 💯 correct. Does that mean it was wrong to not start Haring. No it doesn’t. It worked and we grew into the game. Peoples bullshit of we should be going there and thumping them or we got sliced open by them all second half is utterly mental. 

I think weve tinkered too much recently but changing everything is a ridiculous notion. Are we lucky to have CG , of course but its also part of a good team , having a good goalie to bail you out when you aren’t at it. We started to take charge today when we slowed it down and put our foot on the ball. Once we got on top we were able to speed up the transition and we should have scored at least a couple more. 

We are third on merit , we are 5points clear of 3 teams (thats if Hibs win their games in hand - hopefully they don’t) We have given ourselves a great platform and we’ve gone to a difficult venue today and fought for a very important win yet all people want to do is slate Robbie , its bizarre.

Edited by sadj

InternationalJambo
15 minutes ago, sadj said:

👍🏻

Aye lets go 4-4-2 because that gives us 3 in the middle of the pitch or 4-2-3-1 because that does too its ****ing unreal the shit that people come out with on here. Whats that you play FM or Fifa 👍🏻 No worries. 

Souttar tends to step out with the ball when we play 3 at the back and it helps push the team up the pitch. We are chronic at retreating when we get pressured and inviting teams on to us. Celtic today forced Uniteds average positions to almost all be in their own half. That was by closing off the centre when United tried to come forward and by pressuring their defence when they had the ball. Thats difficult to do when the opposition are trying to turn you with long balls rather than pass the ball. Problem early was when we sat back a bit the second balls were all being won by Livi. Motherwell did the same as Livi. Id suggest we learned from that and when it was obvious we werent playing to our best today we changed it to mitigate that second ball problem. Big call pulling Woodburn for Haring so early but 💯 correct. Does that mean it was wrong to not start Haring. No it doesn’t. It worked and we grew into the game. Peoples bullshit of we should be going there and thumping them or we got sliced open by them all second half is utterly mental. 

I think weve tinkered too much recently but changing everything is a ridiculous notion. Are we lucky to have CG , of course but its also part of a good team , having a good goalie to bail you out when you aren’t at it. We started to take charge today when we slowed it down and put our foot on the ball. Once we got on top we were able to speed up the transition and we should have scored at least a couple more. 

We are third on merit , we are 5points clear of 3 teams (thats if Hibs win their games in hand - hopefully they don’t) We have given ourselves a great platform and we’ve gone to a difficult venue today and fought for a very important win yet all people want to do is slate Robbie , its bizarre.

Couldn’t have said it better myself mate, the part about Celtic especially is bang on. Folk don’t seem to realise how close the 12 teams are to each-other, it’s a shootout most weekends and we’ve been the winner more often than not. People can bang on about budget and stature but at the end of the day there’s so much that goes on during the 90 and so much that gets worked on from a game to game basis during the week. Sometimes the game plan goes your way, sometimes it doesn’t. Today it never went our way initially, but to their credit RN and the management team reacted and it won us the game. 

“All we need to do is keep winning football matches”

3 hours ago, jamborich said:

Just wont to jump on this thread anybody who thinks Woodburn is shite look out

Look out for what? I’m not really getting what you mean.  

He and the whole team need a rocket up the backside. You can't not turn up for the 1st half of games. Yesterday was embarrassing. My first away game this season and it was a painful watch for 45 minutes against a team sitting second bottom. 

Was never going to be an easy game yesterday. We got the win. That's all I wanted and don't care how we got it. Sets us up nicely for rangers. Robbie done good in sorting problem and changing it. Hopefully Beni will be back as feel we missed him.

jamboinglasgow
24 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Was never going to be an easy game yesterday. We got the win. That's all I wanted and don't care how we got it. Sets us up nicely for rangers. Robbie done good in sorting problem and changing it. Hopefully Beni will be back as feel we missed him.

Exactly, Livingston is a bad ground for us, we having not won that often then and Livi make it hard for big teams there. So getting the win was always the biggest thing. We did ride our luck after being overrun in the first half, but crucially Robbie changed it allowing us to turn the game. The big thing for me is that we have finally taken advantage when those nearest to us have dropped points, we have been bad at that this season, if we can build on that there it should secure 3rd place as puts pressure on those below us to keep up.

Malinga the Swinga
10 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Cry about it.

It makes the result and three points all the sweeter when you realise the hurt it causes to some on here.

Gimme an H...
52 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

I wouldn't bring Beni straight back in despite how good he's been for us. Haring deserves to keep his place (shouldn't have been dropped for Livi) and you can't drop Devlin.

Well done Robbie for managing the newly promoted side to 5 clear in 3rd place,  most goals for, least goals against outside the OF. Strong case for manager of the year so far 👏👍

11 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Where in a 3-4-3 formation do you see a 1? Staggering.

Because the 343 is really 523 and arguably 541.

Bazzas right boot

Cry about it.

:greatpost:

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

Well done Robbie for managing the newly promoted side to 5 clear in 3rd place,  most goals for, least goals against outside the OF. Strong case for manager of the year so far 👏👍

If we Finish 3rd he should get it. 

To Co e up and put Aberdeen and Hibs straight back in their box would be great, especially given the Likley prize for being 3rd this year. 

Long way to go tho. 

15 hours ago, Hectormasson said:

This is the only reason that mob are surviving each season...

Totally agree. Hopefully they go down this season and kilmarnock stay down , then no more pitches like that.

quite how they have managed to keep it is a mystery but then it is the SPFL we are talking about

Naisys Tackle

Cry about it.

Who’s saying Robbie must go?  Why do people on here always put words in people’s mouths to suit their agenda?   Craig Gordon won us the three points (again) more than Neilson, IMO.  If we didn’t have him we don’t win yesterday with or without Robbie in the dugout. 

Naisys Tackle
7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

To Co e up and put Aberdeen and Hibs straight back in their box would be great, especially given the Likley prize for being 3rd this year. 

Long way to go tho. 

AngeBall will get it if they win the league.  Davidson won both cups and they still gave it to slippy. 

Naisys Tackle
8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Long way to go tho. 

Hibs are shit and nothing to worry about. I would be more concerned about Motherwell.  We will lose games but we are more consistent at picking up points than the others.  Us or sheep for third. 

10 hours ago, Burford Jamtart said:

Like all fans - entitled to my view. Can’t help it I’m right on this one - more than happy to have a pint with Robbie and play around with the glasses and beer mats to help him get us to the next level.

😂😂😂😂

7 hours ago, sadj said:

Jesus **** 🤯

Had a look at his previous posts, almost every one says play 4 2 3 1. Obviously thinks he's some super duper manager, at least on Fifa 2021(or whatever that game us called) 

11 hours ago, naeclue said:

FIrst 30 minutes was a complete horror show.  Bringing on Haring got us to half time and we regrouped nicely.  The goal seemed to knock the stuffing out of Livi, and we should have scored a few more.

I am still unsure of what to make of Robbie, I think Motherwell, Aberdeen, Livi have all gone for us in the same way, but we seem to be surprised whenever it happens.  I know we have doons as well as ups in our form, but it feels like a pattern.  

Hopefully we'll get a few wins on the bounce now, and add in the transfer window/extend a few contracts.  We are way better than last year, and in fact any of the last 5 years.  So, it's Robbie IN for me.  For now.  

Good summary I'm on the same page as you.

49 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Because the 343 is really 523 and arguably 541.

No 1 in a 5-2-3 either David ...

Nobody ever picks up on it becoming a 3-2-5 in attack, allowing Cochrane to ghost into the box for his recent goal ...

Burford Jamtart
16 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Had a look at his previous posts, almost every one says play 4 2 3 1. Obviously thinks he's some super duper manager, at least on Fifa 2021(or whatever that game us called) 

It’s working then, keep repeating the message and eventually it sinks in.......

26 minutes ago, gar jambo said:

This result could go a long way to the European spot wee crave first season !back ! then build from there 

I'm sure 3rd guarantees Europa Conference group stages? Good for the coffers and attracting players when you have European football until Xmas.

We'd be as well keeping Souttar.

8 hours ago, InternationalJambo said:

I definitely think 3 at the back works for the current personnel although the wing backs are key to a back 3 system and we need upgrades on either side. Once you have that 5 established and solid, you should be able to tweak the other 5, not just according to home/away and opposition but on form and to keep the opposition guessing.