• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Taffin

• niblick1874

• part_time_jambo

• merrymac

2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Crudely drawn of course but that's a tight call imo.

Happy that others think differently though.

9402EDAD-BF1C-4DF3-AE1F-3C486D9917EF.thumb.jpeg.fb63e75d254cadb1eda0d7a5968d858f~2.jpeg

Not a tight call for a lino, in line with both Celtic players looking right across.

2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

9402EDAD-BF1C-4DF3-AE1F-3C486D9917EF.thumb.jpeg.fb63e75d254cadb1eda0d7a5968d858f~2.jpeg

Not tight at all if the lino is up with the play. I watched the game and called it from the original tv angle. Replays vindicated my outrage at the decision to let the goal stand. 

part_time_jambo
6 hours ago, Taffin said:

The still imo look tight.

You can only be offside at the point the ball is played, the 4 or 5 seconds before hand is irrelevant imo. Happy to agree to disagree though 👍

Should I change my original post to "offside position" to satisfy the pedant in you?

11 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

Should I change my original post to "offside position" to satisfy the pedant in you?

Partially, I'm not meaning to be pedantic though as my though process is that if the balls rolls forward another 10cm then he's onside imo so it's as much about where the ball is as to where he is.

I'm not disagreeing with anyone though, he's offside. It was the wrong call. I just happen to think it was a tight one. They still got it wrong though.

Edited by Taffin

part_time_jambo
24 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Partially, I'm not meaning to be pedantic though as my though process is that if the balls rolls forward another 10cm then he's onside imo so it's as much about where the ball is as to where he is.

I'm not disagreeing with anyone though, he's offside. It was the wrong call. I just happen to think it was a tight one. They still got it wrong though.

Then we're both in agreement. I think.

Forever Hearts
9 hours ago, Taffin said:

10cm? I think you're at it, or you need to see an optician ASAP. 

1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

10cm? I think you're at it, or you need to see an optician ASAP. 

The gap between those two lines are about the length of his boot (with a large degree of error obviously) 🤷🏻‍♂️

Bazzas right boot
11 hours ago, Taffin said:

Me too. 

Seems you can't think that tho. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

The gap between those two lines are about the length of his boot (with a large degree of error obviously) 🤷🏻‍♂️

This is an absolutely mental discussion!  It was a tight call (you're totally right mat) but also pretty clear and the lino should have seen it.  Not sure how some have made you explain yourself so much!!!

54 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

This is an absolutely mental discussion!  It was a tight call (you're totally right mat) but also pretty clear and the lino should have seen it.  Not sure how some have made you explain yourself so much!!!

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Me too. 

Seems you can't think that tho. 

Glad it's not just me 😂👍

Bit off-topic, but it's about Kyogo... good to see the refs in this country getting called out this season, for their 'mistakes'. Will it lead to better changes, probably not, but the more they're highlighted, the better.

Celtic star Kyogo should be fined by SFA for 'exaggerating', says ex-EPL referee

CELTIC striker Kyogo Furuhashi should face punishment by Scottish FA should he continues to 'exaggerate' in Scotland.

That's the view of former Premier League whistler Keith Hackett.

Kyogo has been a sensational signing for the Parkhead club, scoring 14 goals in 23 appearances since his summer move from the J-League.

He instantly became a fans' favourite among Celtic fans for his string of standout performances as a result.

However, the Japanese star has come under scrutiny in recent weeks over highlighted instances of the internationalist seemingly going down easily.

The most recent incident occurred during Celtic's home 1-0 win over Hearts last week, with Kyogo falling to the deck next to John Souttar.

Speaking to Football Insider, Hackett reviewed the action - as he claimed players should be handed fines if found guilty for such behaviour.

He said: "Incidents like this tarnish the image of the game.

“Players have a duty of care towards each other. They are footballers, they play with their feet. When a player places his hand on an opponent’s neck or above he is, in effect, he is moving into the area of endangering the safety of his opponent. Even a slap of this nature on the back of the head is totally and utterly acceptable.

“But Kyogo has gone down exaggerating. Both of these players should be informed that their behaviour is unacceptable.

“If I was the Scottish FA, I’d be looking to call both of these players in and fine them.

“Look, I think, generally, the referees have got this under control and I think the Scottish FA need to tighten it up. They need to remind players they are responsible for the image of the game.”

16 hours ago, Taffin said:

The Weasel is at least 30.48 cm offside

22 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Bit off-topic, but it's about Kyogo... good to see the refs in this country getting called out this season, for their 'mistakes'. Will it lead to better changes, probably not, but the more they're highlighted, the better.

Celtic star Kyogo should be fined by SFA for 'exaggerating', says ex-EPL referee

CELTIC striker Kyogo Furuhashi should face punishment by Scottish FA should he continues to 'exaggerate' in Scotland.

Kyogo has been a sensational signing for the Parkhead club, scoring 14 goals in 23 appearances since his summer move from the J-League.

He instantly became a fans' favourite among Celtic fans for his string of standout performances as a result.

However, the Japanese star has come under scrutiny in recent weeks over highlighted instances of the internationalist seemingly going down easily.

The most recent incident occurred during Celtic's home 1-0 win over Hearts last week, with Kyogo falling to the deck next to John Souttar.

Speaking to Football Insider, Hackett reviewed the action - as he claimed players should be handed fines if found guilty for such behaviour.

“Players have a duty of care towards each other. They are footballers, they play with their feet. When a player places his hand on an opponent’s neck or above he is, in effect, he is moving into the area of endangering the safety of his opponent. Even a slap of this nature on the back of the head is totally and utterly acceptable.

“But Kyogo has gone down exaggerating. Both of these players should be informed that their behaviour is unacceptable.

“If I was the Scottish FA, I’d be looking to call both of these players in and fine them.

“Look, I think, generally, the referees have got this under control and I think the Scottish FA need to tighten it up. They need to remind players they are responsible for the image of the game.”

Going further off topic.  I've always felt there's this weird thing where it can be a foul AND a dive, or we need a new term "playacting" or something in the rulebooks.

Like when a player goes down rolls around, the yellow comes out, he's back up, nowt wrong.  That shit drives me mental.  It's cheating, plain and simple.  But it goes unpunished.  It shouldn't really - it's what this little shit seems very adept at.  Probably is covered within simulation, but you only ever see people cautioned for that for what we'd call a dive (ie not touched, goes down looking for foul)

1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

Going further off topic.  I've always felt there's this weird thing where it can be a foul AND a dive, or we need a new term "playacting" or something in the rulebooks.

Like when a player goes down rolls around, the yellow comes out, he's back up, nowt wrong.  That shit drives me mental.  It's cheating, plain and simple.  But it goes unpunished.  It shouldn't really - it's what this little shit seems very adept at.  Probably is covered within simulation, but you only ever see people cautioned for that for what we'd call a dive (ie not touched, goes down looking for foul)

I know what you mean, it may even be a foul but he's 'making the most of it' to get someone carded... maybe a 'sin bin' type thing. Should still come under simulation which, for me, should lead to a yellow plus 5 minute sin-bin (for simulation only)... he's cheated, so now his team is without a man for 5 minutes 🤷‍♂️ Would probably need to be tied into VAR somehow, so that the ref could look at the incident again, to make a decision.

3 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Souttar didn't deliver a slap to the back of the head, as far as I can recall - there was footage of someone else doing that.

What I saw was Kyogo grabbing Souttar's hand then throwing himself to the turf.

Am I missing something? Not necessarily asking you, RD...just in general.

1 minute ago, Boof said:

Souttar didn't deliver a slap to the back of the head, as far as I can recall - there was footage of someone else doing that.

What I saw was Kyogo grabbing Souttar's hand then throwing himself to the turf.

Am I missing something? Not necessarily asking you, RD...just in general.

Aye, it doesn't read that well... but i think it was an Livi player he was referring to. I can remember watching it.. he just taps the back of his head and goes down as if shot.

On 06/12/2021 at 20:56, Taffin said:

Celtic mate sent me this...How can you argue?

image.thumb.png.52c058adba45a9caeb3bd14366a3b040.png

Bit late to this.

I seem to recall that Kyogo was never actually 'onside' throughout the move. 

Everyone watching saw it and knows it.

Lino crapped it.  Simples😍