Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Wee Mikey

• Jambo 4 Ever

• Pasquale for King

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I think the continentals are going through a 'wave' at the moment.

Vaccine passports (and a high uptake), masks (perhaps being more 'enforced' at entry) and personal choice should all contribute to us keeping our stadiums open and at full capacity.

If, on the other hand, this is a reaction to the new variant, then there's either information not being shared or it's a massive over-reaction.

They have had crowd restrictions for a while in some regions. They had fast rising numbers regardless of Omicron.  

Ex member of the SaS

Due to much lower numbers of those with the vaccine the whole of the EU are talking about compulsory vaccination, therefore it's no surprise they are restricting numbers at games. Austria and Greece are going for compulsory vaccination and Germany is talking about it. Will they get away with it here, is anyone guess but we do have it in the constitution that it would be illegal.

I think due to larger numbers with double or even booster jabs we should get away with lower numbers and no need for crowd control.

36 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I think the continentals are going through a 'wave' at the moment.

Vaccine passports (and a high uptake), masks (perhaps being more 'enforced' at entry) and personal choice should all contribute to us keeping our stadiums open and at full capacity.

If, on the other hand, this is a reaction to the new variant, then there's either information not being shared or it's a massive over-reaction.

People should wear masks when moving about the stadium - Scott Wilson says the message to do this yet hardly anyone does it - not good enough and only ourselves to blame if restrictions increase 

Jeffros Furios
10 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

People should wear masks when moving about the stadium - Scott Wilson says the message to do this yet hardly anyone does it - not good enough and only ourselves to blame if restrictions increase 

Record them send it to Hearts and the Police and hopefully they get 10 years in jail and a lifetime ban from Tynecastle.

Ex member of the SaS
13 minutes ago, jonesy said:

What is it in law that would make it illegal that Austria and Greece don't?

It's OUR constitution ( magna carta ) I was referring to.

I thought that was clear: Will they get away with it here, is anyone guess but we do have it in the constitution that it would be illegal.

10 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Record them send it to Hearts and the Police and hopefully they get 10 years in jail and a lifetime ban from Tynecastle.

The Grass will be ripping the napper off it at the thought of that.

Pasquale for King

I’ve noticed quite a few European leagues with reduced capacity in the last few weeks unfortunately. 
What’s the chances of it happening AFTER the next uglies derby in a few weeks time?

5 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

I thought that was clear: Will they get away with it here, is anyone guess but we do have it in the constitution that it would be illegal.

The Magna Carta has nothing to do with Scotland. 

The Hogfather
9 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Anyone who thinks Magna Carta will allow them to skirt Covid restrictions doesn't understand what Magna Carta is.

In the coming weeks we'll learn more about the latest version of nature's smallest creatures and how much time,if any.the planet needs to respond. Can't see us getting relegated this season if everything shuts down early. Crumb of comfort.

Ex member of the SaS

It appears many have miss understood my post. No one is claiming to use the Magna Carta to get round the rules. What I am saying is, it's in the constitution that you cannot be forced to take any medication or surgery that you do not want, therefore they can't ( unless they change the laws ) make people take the vaccine if they don't want it. They do not have this abroad therefore they can force people by making it compulsory to have the vaccine. 

As a side note incase of further misunderstanding I have had all three ( double and booster ) 

11 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

It appears many have miss understood my post. No one is claiming to use the Magna Carta to get round the rules. What I am saying is, it's in the constitution that you cannot be forced to take any medication or surgery that you do not want, therefore they can't ( unless they change the laws ) make people take the vaccine if they don't want it. They do not have this abroad therefore they can force people by making it compulsory to have the vaccine. 

As a side note incase of further misunderstanding I have had all three ( double and booster ) 

The UK doesn’t have a formal written constitution. 

Nucky Thompson

There's zero chance a Tory government would make the vaccine mandatory.

I can't see England reducing capacity unless something really dramatic happens in the next few weeks.

Scotland on the other hand....hmmmm

8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Well what about this clause in Magna Carta?
(30) No sheriff, royal official, or other person shall take horses or carts for transport from any free man, without his consent. Nor force a common man to veil his face during the fitba.

15 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Correct it does have the rule of law though.

15 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Well what about this clause in Magna Carta?
(30) No sheriff, royal official, or other person shall take horses or carts for transport from any free man, without his consent. Nor force a common man to veil his face during the fitba.

Fair enough. 😄

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

I agree with you here. 

Such a simple thing, wear a mask when indoors, on public transport etc. 

Too much hassle for many tho, these types will Likley be the first to complain if we go backwards as well. 

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Why don't you wear one? 

😂😂

Bazzas right boot

Once the hospitals are full we're ****ed. 

We will get there, then they will need to do something. 

It will all be reactive tho, that's how Borris rolls. 

Ignore it as much as possible until you can't. 

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’ve noticed quite a few European leagues with reduced capacity in the last few weeks unfortunately. 
What’s the chances of it happening AFTER the next uglies derby in a few weeks time?

Isn't it typical of our wee neighbours to claim another first by introducing reduced capacity before anyone else 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Once the hospitals are full we're ****ed. 

We will get there, then they will need to do something. 

It will all be reactive tho, that's how Borris rolls. 

Ignore it as much as possible until you can't. 

I would say stick to football buy then again ......This should be Shed.

jambo-in-furness

Already happening here,  the Sheep have restricted ticket sales,  and the hibs have Hibsed it apart from the away end.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

Isn't it typical of our wee neighbours to claim another first by introducing reduced capacity before anyone else 

Another first 😆

2 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

We do not have a constitution, that is why the British government can do as they please, 

2 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

How much of the Magna Carta do you think remains active, and which countries do you think it applies to?

3 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Magna Carta is not "the constitution". First rolled out in 1215, or thereabouts, and used by the Barons to seek concessions from the then King, John. John pretty much immediately repudiated it so it wasn't worth the velum it was written on.

Subsequent monarchs would reproduce it as a sop to the Barons, and tbf, it has enter the English consciousness as some sort of constitution.

Note English. It had no jurisdiction in Scotland or Ireland.

The UK does not have a written constitution, although the Bill of Rights from the Glorious revolution may be the closest on certain subjects.

But Magna Carta...jeez. Remember those nutbars that "captured" Edinburgh castle recently? They were spouting Magna Carta. Idiots to a person.

4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

My thoughts too. I'm looking forward to Jan 3rd and would be gutted if we were denied the opportunity to cross the so-called 'Bridge of Doom' post-match after another victory.

Screenshot_20211204-105213_Gallery.jpg

15 minutes ago, ctc said:

Just seen pictures of Easter road,think covid restrictions must already be in place there.

Seeing as I'm listening on the wireless ...

Are either of these an approximation?

Screenshot_20211204-151820_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20211204-151849_Gallery.jpg

3 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Have you forgotten about the Dons?

Just now, The Treasurer said:

They're very easy to forget about 

Also, you are totally correct. Our wee neighbours may claim it, but the Dons beat them to it. 👍

1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

I do wear one when moving about tynecastle as everyone else should 

Standards have slipped in the last few weeks. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

My thoughts too. I'm looking forward to Jan 3rd and would be gutted if we were denied the opportunity to cross the so-called 'Bridge of Doom' post-match after another victory.

Screenshot_20211204-105213_Gallery.jpg

I’m looking forward to it also but I doubt if I will ever give them any of my money again unless it’s in exceptional circumstances. 

The lack of mask wearing by attendees at Tynecastle whilst out of their seat is absolutely shocking. No one enforcing it does not help either. It will be the same people who will kick up stink if any reduction in attendees is applied in due course. Let’s catch a grip before matters are taken out of our hands completely. Not difficult what is being asked is it after all?

47 minutes ago, JamboBoy said:

The lack of mask wearing by attendees at Tynecastle whilst out of their seat is absolutely shocking. No one enforcing it does not help either. It will be the same people who will kick up stink if any reduction in attendees is applied in due course. Let’s catch a grip before matters are taken out of our hands completely. Not difficult what is being asked is it after all?

Same in the shops. Management powerless to do anything about it. 

1 hour ago, JamboBoy said:

Well said 

quite disgusting really 

bet the idiots not wearing them will be the first to moan when crowds are restricted again 

51 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

More people wear them in shops than they do at tynecastle 

1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

More people wear them in shops than they do at tynecastle 

Yes  but a general apathy seems to be spreading 🤔. Much like the virus itself. 

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, JamboBoy said:

They can't enforce it. You don't have to prove that you're exempt

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

Not true. 

You can refuse service at any shop, you don't have to give a reason either. 

You can refuse access as well without giving a reason. 

4 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

They can't enforce it. You don't have to prove that you're exempt

That’s the problem

we should have a system where you need evidence of being exempt 

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not true. 

Point is, down my way they aren't. 

14 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not true. 

Technically you can refuse service but if a shop has a blanket policy of no mask no service they could face a disability discrimination claim.

8 hours ago, russ said:

The Magna Carta has nothing to do with Scotland. 

And it has nothing to do with a constitution, of which, at least in the written sense, the UK has none.