Callum Patterson

the Hearts way

the Hearts way
On 04/12/2021 at 07:35, Tommy Brown said:

All goals in video are him playing as CF

RWB, I'm not sure he is good enough nor mobile enough, nowadays.

Would you say that to his face 🤔 

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• the Hearts way

• Bongo 1874

• Spellczech

• Aussie Jambo

15 hours ago, Alan_R said:

Folk nit picking about position and technique🤦‍♂️

He's a hard working, athletic and industrious player. What's more he has far more technique than some folk give him due for (some of his volleys and strikes were excellent)

But anyway, more importantly at SPL level he's very effective. Folk really saying they wouldn't take him 🤦‍♂️

Split hairs about where you'd put him all you like, he's a stick on for about 7 goals for starters. 

He's stronger in the air than 90% of the players in the league. Have no doubt at all that some of the crosses that have been missed by Boyce would have been met by Paterson. Boyce is probably a more technical player, but Paterson is a much stronger, more dominant player IMO. This goal below kind of illustrates the sort of balls he could get on the end of with Gino or McKay putting them in. Mckay in particular I could see thriving with such a strong focal point. 

Bring him home 😍

23 minutes ago, the Hearts way said:

Would you say that to his face 🤔 

No, he one tremendous unit of a guy.🙂

Would I have over Gnando? Yes

38 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

No, he one tremendous unit of a guy.🙂

Would I have over Gnando? Yes

Courtesy of Google translate:- 😄

tu n'es ni assez bon ni assez mobile ces jours-ci, mon ami

37 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Courtesy of Google translate:- 😄

tu n'es ni assez bon ni assez mobile ces jours-ci, mon ami

:lol:

Note to self 

I must check what I type before posting.

On 03/12/2021 at 22:53, Bongo 1874 said:

Paterson would walk into our team, his work rate and commitment to the game would show some players up, 

Never left on good terms with Robbie but, and gave Juanma a piece of his mind at Easter Road. 

Robbie left before Paterson did. Cathro was head coach when Paterson left. Juanma was also long gone before Paterson left, leaving in the summer of 2016. 

Just now, andyscott82 said:

Robbie left before Paterson did. Cathro was head coach when Paterson left. Juanma was also long gone before Paterson left, leaving in the summer of 2016. 

Yes, Paterson turned down a contract offer before Robbie left, Craig Levein was Dof at the time. 

14 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Yes, Paterson turned down a contract offer before Robbie left, Craig Levein was Dof at the time. 

He turned down a contract offer because he had his heart set on going down south. 

Just now, andyscott82 said:

He turned down a contract offer because he had his heart set on going down south. 

Nope 👍 ask him next time you see him and Walker and Nicholson. 

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Or you could pretend to tell me, since you seem quite happy to imply you know all the goings on? 

4 minutes ago, andyscott82 said:

Or you could pretend to tell me, since you seem quite happy to imply you know all the goings on? 

His ITK crap is tedious beyond belief, best ignored.

20 minutes ago, whodanny said:

His ITK crap is tedious beyond belief, best ignored.

Oh I know, I’m just curious as to what dribbling pish he’ll come out with next 😂

35 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I don’t know either or CP, but I am pretty sure that Hearts would not have been able to match any offer he received form down south , and I think that would be a major /  main factor in signing a new contract 

On 04/12/2021 at 14:43, Bongo 1874 said:

Yes. 

One of the reasons he wouldn't sign a new contract, he went in and questioned how the likes of Juanma, Juwon, and Sammon were on more than him. 

To be fair tho Juanma didn't know the offside rule oshinawa was 1 of many donkeys signed as left back with his highlight of kicking himself in the head trying to clear ball and Sammon a point where we all knew Robbie had los his marbles 

42 minutes ago, andyscott82 said:

Oh I know, I’m just curious as to what dribbling pish he’ll come out with next 😂

Dribbling pish :rofl:brilliant.

3 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You may as well tell us what you know Mate 

2 hours ago, andyscott82 said:

Or you could take it upon yourself to ask Callum, unless you are incapable of doing that? 

I know what he told me and I know who his anger was directed at, half time and full time Easter Road this game here. 

So much so he had to be held back!!!!

Edited by Bongo 1874

2 hours ago, fila said:

I don’t know either or CP, but I am pretty sure that Hearts would not have been able to match any offer he received form down south , and I think that would be a major /  main factor in signing a new contract 

I can assure you Callum wanted to stay at Hearts, him and a few others had no intentions of leaving the club. 

Players do talk 👍

The offers they got were disgusting. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

baron of ness
12 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I can assure you Callum wanted to stay at Hearts, him and a few others had no intentions of leaving the club. 

Players do talk 👍

Where did you get that from?

2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Players do talk 👍

I still do not think we could have matched any offers for Callum

3 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Players do talk 👍

I'm sure you are right.  Hickey should have been on a minimum of £5k per week.  Age has nothing to do with it.  A player of outstanding ability.  I bet he was on nothing like that.

He might have scored an £8 to 10m transfer fee if he had extended his contract.  

We now see the distinct possibility of us picking up a pittance for Souttar.  

Surely James Anderson is aware of all this.  If anyone knows anything about investments, he does.

Magic Numbers
4 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Or you could take it upon yourself to ask Callum, unless you are incapable of doing that? 

I know what he told me and I know who his anger was directed at, half time and full time Easter Road this game here. 

Was this the game where he wanted to bomb forward and attack but was apparently shackled by RN and told not to cross the halfway line or something along those lines???

On 03/12/2021 at 22:55, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

One of the best players we've had at Hearts in the last 10 years. Elite athlete. Goalscoring threat wherever he plays. The RWB role would be great for him, can also be an option up top. Would be an amazing signing but I think he's doing decently well down south so don't see it happening unfortunately.

It's league 1 he's playing in so wages will be similar to.oura and Europe next season would be an attractive proposition not out of this world to get him back at all

2 hours ago, daavojaay said:

It's league 1 he's playing in so wages will be similar to.oura and Europe next season would be an attractive proposition not out of this world to get him back at all

He's in League 1 but on a contract he signed when he was in the Championship squad playing for promotion. I think I saw someone estimate he's on £22.5k/week.

No way we pay him that. He's said in the media in the last month he'd like to stay at Wednesday and they are discussing a new contract. At any rate he's got 18 months left (via a club option on him which they seem keen to pick up) and is looking for stability.

Things could change and I'd think the prospect of reliable European football might be better than what looks like more time in the dregs of the EFL but I would guess Wednesday are capable of paying more than we can at this point.

5 hours ago, Magic Numbers said:

Was this the game where he wanted to bomb forward and attack but was apparently shackled by RN and told not to cross the halfway line or something along those lines???

Probably, as you can see in the highlights video above he never got into their half at all. 

🙈

The Old Tolbooth
On 04/12/2021 at 06:45, SM Sheffield said:

I live very close to Hillsborough and get the opportunity to watch a number of games there. I loved the big guy but given his contribution to Wednesday I am almost certain he will not be offered a new deal. Paterson will be available on a free but his current wages are several multiples out of Hearts structure. Paterson would need to take a significant drop in income but if he is happy to do that I’d like to see him come back. I think he is suffering under poor management and as part of an underperforming unit. He is definitely not performing at the levels that he can.

I had a wee neb on the Owls forum to see what they think of him, and they don't rate him at all by the look of it. If he was coming back I wouldn't want him anywhere near right back either as he would make Gordon even busier than he is now as he can't defend, he can be a handful up front but I agree with you that he seems to be underperforming in that league as he really should be standing out. 

12 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Ok, let’s for a second pretend you’re not making up pish. Why would Callum still want to leave if Robbie was long gone by the time he did?

Glamorgan Jambo

Dr Funk currently playing on the right hand side of the back 3 for Wednesday away to Pompey on Sky for those interested in his current form. Has a yellow already although I don’t know what for.

2 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Dr Funk currently playing on the right hand side of the back 3 for Wednesday away to Pompey on Sky for those interested in his current form. Has a yellow already although I don’t know what for.

We need to bring him back and play him as a positionless player. Set up in a 3-4-2 with Paterson just going wherever he feels like playing and tell whoever's there to switch off and go find somewhere else to be.

Loved CP still do

Never ever thought Berra would come back

Can but hope 

Edited by Drew Wallace

Tokyo Drifter

Watched him playing for Wednesday against Pompey last night. Couldn't quite figure out what position he was in. If he came back, I'd stick him up front. Always liked him as a player.

12 hours ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

I've always thought that centre half is the position that CP is most suited to.  He's the best player at attacking a header that I've seen in a Hearts shirt.

Glamorgan Jambo
1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

I've always thought that centre half is the position that CP is most suited to.  He's the best player at attacking a header that I've seen in a Hearts shirt.

I watched for about half an hour. Still trying to get forward all the time and won everything in the air. And he can fairly launch a throw in too. As I understand it the guy who scouted CP for Cardiff wanted them to develop him as a centre half before Warnock stepped in and put him up front (his aerial strength and aggression are ideal for Warnock ball).

Possible Souttar replacement although he can’t pass anywhere close to as well as JS.

1 hour ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

Watched him playing for Wednesday against Pompey last night. Couldn't quite figure out what position he was in. If he came back, I'd stick him up front. Always liked him as a player.

Right back I think

Has the energy, the passion, the drive to be a brilliant RWB, tell him that whenever Kingsley or Cochrane has the ball on the left to break towards the box and he would get on the end of a huge amounts of crosses. Would love to see this, he would get loads of goals and assists from there. 

There are however, probably better and more technical players available for the budget he would take up.

17 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Has the energy, the passion, the drive to be a brilliant RWB, tell him that whenever Kingsley or Cochrane has the ball on the left to break towards the box and he would get on the end of a huge amounts of crosses. Would love to see this, he would get loads of goals and assists from there. 

There are however, probably better and more technical players available for the budget he would take up.

Agree with first bit, not sure about the second.

You need a mix in your team and we aren't going to get someone with McKay's technique Paterson's physique.  Mbappe realms there!! Haha (well not quite but you get the gist)

While you need good tactics and that good mix, football's kind of simple.  If your players all win their one on one battles, you will win.  Who in our league is winning that battle against Paterson if he plays RWB?  He'd be absolute gold, I'm really sure of it.  The times we play Smith in behind with the pitch in front of him and he gets caught or comes back (no offence to Smudge, just not his game)... imagine Callum there - bomb bomb bomb.

And as you say crosses from the left and him steaming in.  What he'd bring to our set pieces too as far as another target.

Huge upside which far far outweighs a bit of a lack of subtlety and the odd brain-fart. 

Him in the team this season, we have at least 4 more points with draws turned to wins.  Probably more than that.

57 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Very true. Would be an ideal move for all parties if he came home. Reality is what Wednesday are paying him won’t be followed next season. His next move IMO is down, coming home for a year or two might help him regain that form and if he wants another crack at England then, he’s still young enough to do so. 

On 06/12/2021 at 06:41, Led Tasso said:

He's in League 1 but on a contract he signed when he was in the Championship squad playing for promotion. I think I saw someone estimate he's on £22.5k/week.

No way we pay him that. He's said in the media in the last month he'd like to stay at Wednesday and they are discussing a new contract. At any rate he's got 18 months left (via a club option on him which they seem keen to pick up) and is looking for stability.

Things could change and I'd think the prospect of reliable European football might be better than what looks like more time in the dregs of the EFL but I would guess Wednesday are capable of paying more than we can at this point.

Slight nitpick but when he signed Wednesday had just been given a 12 point deduction for financial issues (later reduced to 6 points), so they certainly weren't playing for promotion. What that means for how much he's on, I've no idea. 

Watched only the second half of the game against Pompey. He played ok from what I saw. One thing he did that really brought back memories for me was his effort to get back to stop a fast break when their goalie threw the ball upfield after a corner to spring one of the forwards. Callum was seen streaking back to put the brakes on that breakaway. He did really well. Judging by that one play he still has some great speed and a ton of desire imo. A lot o others might just have cruised back in that situation. He absolutely busted a gut!

6 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Never wanted any player back except Robbo, Gordon and Rudy TBH...and TBH Robbo wasn't as good second time round

Robbo won his 16 Scotland caps second time around.

HeartsandonlyHearts
1 hour ago, benny said:

Robbo won his 16 Scotland caps second time around.

Facts and truths are not what JKB is all about.

2 hours ago, R1874 said:

Funny him and Sean Clare found themselves playing CB in League 1

Would take both back, unlikely but. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
10 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Never wanted any player back except Robbo, Gordon and Rudy TBH...and TBH Robbo wasn't as good second time round

:facepalm:

21 hours ago, David McCaig said:

He couldn’t play in this team, especially as a central defender, because he is poor on the ball. Every player just now HAS to be comfortable on the ball in tight areas, CP isn’t!