• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• the Hearts way

• Bongo 1874

• Spellczech

• Aussie Jambo

3 minutes ago, the Hearts way said:

Would have him back in a heart beat and better than what we have at the moment!

Thoughts? 

Onwards and upwards HHGH.  

Yeah definitely mate 👍

5 minutes ago, the Hearts way said:

Would have him back in a heart beat and better than what we have at the moment!

Thoughts? 

Onwards and upwards HHGH.  

Definitely, we seem to be missing him big time. Would he leave Sheffield Wednesday but? He’s 27 and getting to the end of his career. You never know. Great player. Would love to see him play for us again. 

1 minute ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Definitely, we seem to be missing him big time. Would he leave Sheffield Wednesday but? He’s 27 and getting to the end of his career. You never know. Great player. Would love to see him play for us again. 

27 is no where near the end of his career

4 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

In which position is he better than what we have? aye he was a good player but no sure where you are playing him ? HHGH

All of them most likely

I'd have the old C Patterson back at RWB. If he'd still happily play there

His contract is up at the end of season. 

27 is also no where near the end of your career. He will have another 7 or 8 years left of playing.

4 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

27 is no where near the end of his career

Never said it was all I said is he’s 27 and ‘getting’ to the end of his career. I think he’s a cracking player. If we could get him on a free transfer or swap for GMS. 😂

the Hearts way
10 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

In which position is he better than what we have? aye he was a good player but no sure where you are playing him ? HHGH

God forbid if Craig Gordon was to be out if action, I'd even stick him in goals. That's simply due to his commitment and desire to win. Jambo through and through

@ " Blood doesn't show on a maroon Jersey" Onwards and upwards.  

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Another player criminally underrated by Hearts fans.

He would be a huge addition to our first team and would work very well in our first choice system due to his positional flexibility when we have the ball.

14 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Never said it was all I said is he’s 27 and ‘getting’ to the end of his career. I think he’s a cracking player. If we could get him on a free transfer or swap for GMS. 😂

27 is basically the middle of someone’s career so no where near to “getting”

to the end of his career. He hasn’t even peaked yet 😂

Anyways Patterson would walk into the team. Could literally play any position so his  versatility would be a huge asset to us. 

Paterson would walk into our team, his work rate and commitment to the game would show some players up, 

Never left on good terms with Robbie but, and gave Juanma a piece of his mind at Easter Road. 

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

One of the best players we've had at Hearts in the last 10 years. Elite athlete. Goalscoring threat wherever he plays. The RWB role would be great for him, can also be an option up top. Would be an amazing signing but I think he's doing decently well down south so don't see it happening unfortunately.

the Hearts way
1 minute ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

One of the best players we've had at Hearts in the last 10 years. Elite athlete. Goalscoring threat wherever he plays. The RWB role would be great for him, can also be an option up top. Would be an amazing signing but I think he's doing decently well down south so don't see it happening unfortunately.

BELIEVE.  FOH money to get him home. Let's start stamping our feet as we shout.

"Bring back Callum" 

HHGH Onwards and upwards 🙌 

16 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

27 is basically the middle of someone’s career so no where near to “getting”

to the end of his career. He hasn’t even peaked yet 😂

Anyways Patterson would walk into the team. Could literally play any position so his  versatility would be a huge asset to us. 

Great. Sound brilliant. 

Anyway.. 

This is all the more relevant to having this young player back in a maroon jersey. 😉

2 minutes ago, the Hearts way said:

BELIEVE.  FOH money to get him home. Let's start stamping our feet as we shout.

"Bring back Callum" 

HHGH Onwards and upwards 🙌 

With the wages he would want to return im sure Mr Savage could find us a couple of cracking players and would rather that kind of money was used to keep players like Souttar and Kingsley at the club if it was possible.

Think the big man is class but would not want to pay him the kind of wages he would want from the FOH money to be honest.

If it was not about money i would have the big man back in a heartbeat and would love to see him playing RWB. For me he is one of the best headers of a ball i have ever seen in a maroon shirt and would cause mayhem in opposition penalty area's

the Hearts way
7 minutes ago, Boyces beard said:

With the wages he would want to return im sure Mr Savage could find us a couple of cracking players and would rather that kind of money was used to keep players like Souttar and Kingsley at the club if it was possible.

Think the big man is class but would not want to pay him the kind of wages he would want from the FOH money to be honest.

If it was not about money i would have the big man back in a heartbeat and would love to see him playing RWB. For me he is one of the best headers of a ball i have ever seen in a maroon shirt and would cause mayhem in opposition penalty area's

Not a gambler per sa but I remember he was playing for Cardiff and I stuck £20  on him as next goal scorer!

Boom. I'm still due him a pint or ten  :;

Mentioned previously, Sheff Wed have option of a further year on his contract, which i imagine they would activate to either sell off or keep him.  Would take him back in a heartbeat.

1 hour ago, Aussie Jambo said:

So you did say he was getting to the end of his career

Glad you cleared that up

the Hearts way
14 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Glad you cleared that up

Your username says it all , ya dick. 

the Hearts way
15 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Glad you cleared that up

Red boots:  yellow boots even green boots. 

Right foot or left, not to mention header after header. What a Jambo goal machine.  Get the wallet opened and buy him back to where he belongs.  

God's land.  

the Hearts way
Just now, john thomas said:

You seem a tad agitated 

No I'm fine. You YouTube Callum Paterson goals for Hearts fc. 

Then you can play with yerself : )

the Hearts way

Mods can you please remove a T from Callum's Surname.  After all he's worth all the Tea in China . 

Mon Hearts:  get the big guy back home . 

Burst the bank for him. Onwards and upwards. 

12 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Glad you cleared that up

Sheffield Wed - 1st Division

Hearts - SPL

He would play in our league SPL till what 31-32 then off he goes to Lower Scottish Leagues then management etc. 

If I was 60 and retirement is 65 then yeh. Pretty close. Hope that helps?

image.gif.cfc5bcff8d897af4791918ed78177b4c.gif

Just now, the Hearts way said:

Mods can you please remove a T from Callum's Surname.  After all he's worth all the Tea in China . 

Mon Hearts:  get the big guy back home . 

Burst the bank for him. Onwards and upwards. 

This 

11 hours ago, benny said:

Likable player but nowhere near great.

This. Won us a lot of games with his strength and attitude.

Those goal celebrations. 

They still make me laugh every time. 

Especially the surf 🏄‍♂️ one. 😂

the Hearts way
1 minute ago, the Hearts way said:

Can someone please do a , vote. 

Would you burst the bank,

to bring Callum back? 

He'd have scored against Celtic with that free header.  Point 👉 

2 hours ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Have you watched him of late?  I saw him in a game against Cambridge a few weeks ago. He was totally annonimous. Got subbed off early second half I think. Playing centre forward for them. Only a one game sample I know but would suggest he should be watched a good few times before pushing out any boats on this one. This from a guy who loved him before he went south too. 

the Hearts way
3 minutes ago, Canscot said:

Have you watched him of late?  I saw him in a game against Cambridge a few weeks ago. He was totally annonimous. Got subbed off early second half I think. Playing centre forward for them. Only a one game sample I know but would suggest he should be watched a good few times before pushing out any boats on this one. This from a guy who loved him before he went south too. 

Okay, point taken but there is a big difference when you're playing for

Heart of Midlothian fc . 

Callum has maroon blood. 

Like Rudi  x2 Scottish Cup winner but not A living breathing Hibby can say that!

Big team big Cup. FTH HHGH

Onwards and upwards 

21 minutes ago, Canscot said:

Nah not seen him play since I watched his 20/21 season about an hour ago. If he’s been gash then maybe get him on a free if he’s not playing. He’d soon come good at Gorgie.  

Don’t get me wrong. I love the big fella but we cannot afford to gamble big wages and by that I mean 3-4k a week on someone who “might or might not” come back and do the business for us. We need to be fairly certain with any bigger money signings. Remember. We have had our fingers burned a lot in recent times. Does Malaury Martin and Loic Damour ring any bells?😉

Even this year I would say we are being burnt a bit with Woodburn. Not sure what we are paying him but the ROI has so far been negligible IMO. 

Woodburn is a luxury for us. Definitely a polished player but he's used to playing/training with world class players and despite moments of class he doesn't appear to gel. He's not the first player to arrive at a club and not live up to expectations. Remember the next big thing keeper we had on loan from Man U....?

Wouldn't be too troubled if he was recalled by Liverpool in January. 

As he gave up running around a few years ago I'd say he would be a very expensive punt.

Not sure we do that anymore.

I live very close to Hillsborough and get the opportunity to watch a number of games there. I loved the big guy but given his contribution to Wednesday I am almost certain he will not be offered a new deal. Paterson will be available on a free but his current wages are several multiples out of Hearts structure. Paterson would need to take a significant drop in income but if he is happy to do that I’d like to see him come back. I think he is suffering under poor management and as part of an underperforming unit. He is definitely not performing at the levels that he can.

If he's still capable at right wing back, he might be a good option there? In our current set up, the wing backs see a lot of the ball and I feel perhaps someone with better attacking ability and energy might be a better option than Michael Smith.

Jean Louis Valois
8 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Another player criminally underrated by Hearts fans.

He would be a huge addition to our first team and would work very well in our first choice system due to his positional flexibility when we have the ball.

I don't think he's ever been underrated by our fans, was a big fans favourite if anything. Loved him when he was with us and have always looked out for how he's getting on.

A_A wehatethehibs
20 minutes ago, SM Sheffield said:

I live very close to Hillsborough and get the opportunity to watch a number of games there. I loved the big guy but given his contribution to Wednesday I am almost certain he will not be offered a new deal. Paterson will be available on a free but his current wages are several multiples out of Hearts structure. Paterson would need to take a significant drop in income but if he is happy to do that I’d like to see him come back. I think he is suffering under poor management and as part of an underperforming unit. He is definitely not performing at the levels that he can.

There’s a contradiction here mate. If he’s not offered a new deal then his wages won’t be several multiples above us anymore will they. His wages will be £0 a week and he’ll look at whatever the best offer is both money and playing wise. It could well be Hearts. 

Only way I could see a return here for him, is if he himself wants to convert back to RB / RWB. He could only do that here, with this manager, no other club would embark on that with him, they’d all look at him as a striker. Only Hearts and Neilson know Paterson’s potential to be an international full back. It’s unfortunate he never fulfilled that potential due to mismanagement of his career and falling into the utility man trap.

He literally demanded Neilson to play RB and RB only at that time, he never wanted to play up front any more after Mcglynn. Then he goes and spends the next 4 years after he leaves Hearts as a utility forward. 

3 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

There’s a contradiction here mate. If he’s not offered a new deal then his wages won’t be several multiples above us anymore will they. His wages will be £0 a week and he’ll look at whatever the best offer is both money and playing wise. It could well be Hearts. 

Only way I could see a return here for him, is if he himself wants to convert back to RB / RWB. He could only do that here, with this manager, no other club would embark on that with him, they’d all look at him as a striker. Only Hearts and Neilson know Paterson’s potential to be an international full back. It’s unfortunate he never fulfilled that potential due to mismanagement of his career and falling into the utility man trap.

He literally demanded Neilson to play RB and RB only at that time, he never wanted to play up front any more after Mcglynn. Then he goes and spends the next 4 years after he leaves Hearts as a utility forward. 

Whilst it is true his wages will be zero at the end of his contract he will no doubt be accustomed to his current earnings and looking for as much as possible. That is human nature. We could end up being the best offer I agree but I wouldn’t want to move from my current earnings to a quarter of what I am currently on.

FYI - Paterson has played a few games for Wednesday at RWB recently