Speedy boarding

Marvin

What idiots do this? You have a designated seat so why pay extra to get on first and wait half an hour for everyone else. Perhaps if you have kids and need them seated with their consoles. Otherwise what's the point?

yep, i've just booked some flights for next year and the only extra i paid for was to be able to take a second carry on bag. the others i am going with will check in at the same time and we will most likely be allocated seats next to each other.

Always makes me laugh when you have to get the bus from the terminal to the plane, and those who booked Speedy Boarding get on the bus first, thus getting on the plane last. What a waste of money.

I've got an EasyJet plus card. Fast track is handy.

As for Speedy boarding, I always get on last. . . . 😆😆😆😆

EasyJet now seem to let you through the gate quite quickly to embark, this doesn't mean your getting on the plane though, stood in the cold for 20 minutes before being allowed on seems to be the norm.

Me. . . . Last on, first off 👍

Edited by Bull's-eye

37 minutes ago, Marvin said:

What idiots do this? You have a designated seat so why pay extra to get on first and wait half an hour for everyone else. Perhaps if you have kids and need them seated with their consoles. Otherwise what's the point?

I use it all the time when I’m away. It’s basically so I get my case onboard with me cause if I don’t then I’d have to pay 3 times as much to check it into the hold so it’s just a way of avoiding putting my case into the hold 

Edit... sorry I think I’m getting mixed up with priority boarding so ignore me 😂

Edited by theshed

Guaranteed cabin baggage, additional item, can get settled into your seat earlier and away quicker at the other end (if the hand luggage had been put in the hold).

EasyJet and Ryanair are now restricting hand luggage on flights.

To be sure of getting your luggage in the cabin you pay for it with seat near the front and priority boarding.

Not taking it out, you may end up with your lluggage  in the hold and thus have to ***** about at the carousels.

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

Nice to hear about how the plebs that use EJ and RA have to deal with things, thanks.

It's a travesty these two get lumped in together. EJ are miles better than RA imo. But neither are as shambolic as the sadly returning FlyBe

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

Guaranteed cabin baggage, additional item, can get settled into your seat earlier and away quicker at the other end (if the hand luggage had been put in the hold).

Got on my flight after speedy boarding and departed before them. 10 mins later I'm sitting on the airport bus taking me home. Seems bit of a scam to me.

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

FlyBe bring back the old days of flying.

No, not the days where you could have a smoke and use metal cutlery without having to go first class, but the days of Orville and Wilbur. 

They'd probably be more reliable in all honesty. It's never a good sign when you're flying with an airline and you're almost surprised when they don't cancel your flight.

6 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Nice to hear about how the plebs that use EJ and RA have to deal with things, thanks.

I flew with EJ. One suit and one cabin bag. Only hassle I had is the metal in my leg and head sending metal detectors batshit crazy 🚨

1 minute ago, Marvin said:

Got on my flight after speedy boarding and departed before them. 10 mins later I'm sitting on the airport bus taking me home. Seems bit of a scam to me.

You'll win some and lose some but for many the guarantee is worth it. If you'd ended up having to check your bag into the hold, then the speedy boarders would have been on the airport bus before your bag had even been blootered up and down the runway and onto the carousel.

With a lot of the airlines it also lets you have an additional bag which for many who use the service, is their laptop bag.

2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I know. Used to fly Edinburgh to Exeter twice a month when I was dating a lass from Devon. Think we ended up spending more on airport parking than the cost of the flights due to late arrivals.

Sounds about right. Luckily my flight was on time today. 

4 hours ago, Dazo said:

Never used it myself but it was used if you want to guarantee space for a cabin bag rather than it end up in the hold. 

Agreed.

Getting the guaranteed cabin bag is the only reason we used it too.

4 hours ago, Marvin said:

Sounds about right. Luckily my flight was on time today. 

My last few forays over the past few weeks have all been early 😳

I'm not expecting it to last.