*** Official Livingston fc v Heart of Midlothian v Match day thread***

Bazzas right boot

1 minute ago, LauderJambo said:

Nando not much better than Lowland league standard..if at all. 

Time to part company.

You couldn't give him away. Whoever scouted /recommend him should try doing a different career.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A.JAMBO

• Hearts007

• Harry Potter

• GinRummy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Sertse said:

To think Henderson is on loan and we got rid of Wighton because he wasn't at our level. I'd take both of them over him any day. I complained about Connor Washington, I'd take him over Gnando any day. I'd take pretty much any premiership striker over him.

Hendo has something to work with. The others are easily forgotton Bar a Washington goal V The Vermin. That is a stick on for a wee Hero. Other than that we have **** all to offer, that is shocking and been that way for decades. No home grown Poacher like Robbo. The Hammer of Hibs always had it though, could never work out what he was going to try or how agressive and nippy wee shouter he was. That is natural cannot be trained into anyone. Anyways , we have to get a nail on that at some point. Hendo does have something ..

Edited by A.JAMBO

3 minutes ago, Captain Lithuania said:

Understandable but it would leave us only with Ginnelly, Mackay-Steven and McKay. Leaves us rather light. I think maybe leaving Woodburn out of the team for a while and making him earn a start might get more out of him. 

Aye, I’m not writing him off but he wouldn’t even make the squad next week if it were down to me. 

3 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Yup.

Yup again.

And again. The sooner teams who want to play in the top league are required to get a grass pitch the better. The ball sticks to the turf and bounces completely differently, so it must be an advantage to teams who play on it every other week. 

these pitches shouldnt be allowed in prof football

4 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

3 points on a shite pitch that should be outlawed in the top league. I'll take it. 

Nail on the head mate the players were never happy at all today.

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

After the Cathro/Levein shambles I can’t be ****ed with players who won’t put in the effort. 

Agree with this re Woodburn. Play him against 7 of the teams at home if you want. He does not have the mentality for the other games. 

1 minute ago, hearts00 said:

Indeed. It wasn’t a good finish. Boyce is just not at it. 

You're reekin'. Fine finish by Boyce.

1 minute ago, whodanny said:

You're reekin'. Fine finish by Boyce.

It went in so that is all that matters. Does not change my opinion that need better overall from Boyce. 

Edited by hearts00

12 minutes ago, Captain Lithuania said:

This. Almost like Robbie knows what he’s doing. 

It's a pity it took him so long to realise the obvious, the same change should have been made against both Aberdeen and Motherwell.

lost in space
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Why do you say that? Folk are just happy we got it together enough to win the points. 

I said it to remind others how bad the performance was over 90 minutes. If Gordon hadnt saved us in the first half, I doubt that we could have scored against a defending Livi team.

Of course we expect Gordon to save us at times (as other keepers save their teams) - but we were playing a very poor team and we were rotten for much of the game.

Great that we won - and we are happy about that - but that performance was so bad.

We dont seem to learn.

We have had very mixed results with players on loan from big clubs over the last few years. Some of them have been really impressive, but many have been dreadful.

Not sure what the issue is with Woodburn. Does he think he is slumming it in the SPL?

2 minutes ago, Homme said:

Aye maybe 😂

I was on my Xmas night out. 

🤣 Pretty sure Djoum got sent off so it must have been a good few seasons ago.

Brighton Jambo
8 minutes ago, Homme said:

Thought we would win and we did.

Not an easy place to go. Was only a year ago they pumped us 5-0 in the same fixture, Celtic already been defeated there this season.

Bit of distance between us and Utd now. Free hit at Rangers next week.

It was three years ago but I agree with the rest of your post.  

1 minute ago, andrew said:

It's a pity it took him so long to realise the obvious, the same change should have been made against both Aberdeen and Motherwell.

if he fully knew what he was doing he would change first half away team tactics as this is the same story in many away matches re performance. Maybe this will make the penny drop ?

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Robbie saying he thinks Michael Smith and Liam Boyce are okay.

(Though he said the same about Beningime)

The evening after Beni got injured, we were told he would miss Celtic and possibly Livi.

3 minutes ago, busbyfth said:

agreed ...nothing flashy but just makes a difference

I was greeting my eyes out pre match at his exclusion from the starting 11, i gae Woodburn a 1 V Celtic.

Anways i am happy that Pete and Aaron had such decent games . Aaron was a close call but for me Pete Halkett Gordon and Mckay edged him out.

Pete edged out Gordon for MOTM, for his energy and passion for the cause.

Edited by A.JAMBO

11 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Fair play to Robbie hooking Woodburn and putting on Haring so we  could get a foothold in the game.

The 2 in mid clearly doesn't work away from home so you could argue he got it wrong at the start but fair play for changing it early enough .

Hopefully lesson learned.

9 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

And again. The sooner teams who want to play in the top league are required to get a grass pitch the better. The ball sticks to the turf and bounces completely differently, so it must be an advantage to teams who play on it every other week. 

Totally, if they can't afford a grass pitch, I think there is a very legitimate argument that they shouldn't be in the top flight because clearly they aren't ready for it if they can't afford to maintain a grass pitch. 

Plenty clubs in the leagues below manage it fine. Its farcical. 

2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I see the fuds are out in force utterly gutted that we won. 

Me ? I'm thrilled with the 3 points even if the 1st half was poor. We would have lost this type of match previously. 

Craig just doing his job and 5 points clear with only the big three teams having a positive goal difference.

I'll enjoy my Sunday evening. The sad sacs can bleat away to their hearts' content.

:verysmug:

Agreed 3 points was our mission today and we were successful. I've forgotten the first half showing already.

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Hang on! People are criticising Boyce’s goal because it wasn’t a good enough finish? If it ends up in the net it’s a good enough finish. 

Doubt that's why they're criticising it.

5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Hang on! People are criticising Boyce’s goal because it wasn’t a good enough finish? If it ends up in the net it’s a good enough finish. 

Quite. 👍

2 minutes ago, A.JAMBO said:

I was greeting my eeys out pre match at his exclusion from the starting 11, i gae Woodbur a 1 V Celtic.

Anways i am happy that Pete and Aaron had such decent games . Aaron was a close call but for me Pete Halkett Gordon and Mckay edged him out.

Pete edged out Gordon for MOTM, for his energy and passion for the cause.

can handle a swap of effort/drive for class.....cant stomach flimsy/lazy/ponderous (eg Nando) PH man of match 

Just now, hmfc_liam06 said:

A roll the sleeves up performance. Can’t be pretty wins all the time.

First half was pretty grim but credit to the boss, he made a brave sub (given we had already lost smith) then got us going in the second half. Delighted to get out of there with three points. 

The Goalscoring Knee

Horrible horrible first half-hour. Wasn't a real smash-and-grab, tho. I didn't think Livvy offered too much after the break, one regulation stop from CG aside. Goal def took the wind out of their sails and we had several real chances to end it. Haring and Gordon joint moms for me, with Halkett not far behind.

1 hour ago, Mighty jam said:

we need a bit more than decent, that is the problem they are at the level to get mid table in Spfl

There is not much difference between mid table and third 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

First half was pretty grim but credit to the boss, he made a brave sub (given we had already lost smith) then got us going in the second half. Delighted to get out of there with three points. 

Let's face it the full game was shite.

2 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Need to get rid of Craig Gordon, putting in far to many good performances.

It's just not on 😆😆😆

Just wait until he let's a soft one in.

There will be some on here outraged.

Just now, A.JAMBO said:

Wasn’t great but compared to the first half the second was a major step up.  

1 minute ago, A.JAMBO said:

The second half wasn't bad.

They should be hammered for the first. 

Didn't see the first half, luckily it would seem, but the 2nd half was decent.

A 0-1 win on that pitch, so soon after a tough shift at Parkheid, is good going.

Not pretty but we won.

Fancy us to give Rangers a torrid time next week. We've done well against them at home the last few years, even though the last few years have been terrible.

Full house, very little of it blue, and a very decent Hearts team on it's day.

Can't wait.

Rudi cant fail
13 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Robbie saying he thinks Michael Smith and Liam Boyce are okay.

(Though he said the same about Beningime)

I think we can take that with a pinch of salt. Beni was walking about the changing room after the st Mirren game seemingly 

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Wasn’t great but compared to the first half the second was a major step up.  

OH i get it, just thought we have missed the boat a wee bit on the momentum we had. Those draws where we dominated games are hurting our confidence Sort that bit out and stick to a first starting 11, we may then start to dazzle a bit. It is still early for this squad of players, a few are newbies to the slugfest. We go again and try to win our home game next Sunday.

Todays game was a hard earned 3 points against a brutal team in a shite venue.

appy days .

Edited by A.JAMBO

Just now, A.JAMBO said:

OH i get it, just thought we have missed the boat a wee bit o nthe momentum we had. Those draws where we dominated games are hurting our confidence Sort that bit out and stick to a first starting 11, we may then start to dazzle a bit. It is stil learly for this squad of players, a few are newbies to the slugfest. We go again and try to win our home games next Sunday.

Todays game was a hard earned 3 points against a brutal tea in a shite venue.

appy days .

Indeed 👍

Central Belt 1874

A game of two halves. We desperately need a striker alongside Boyce. Should have really taken another couple of goals off them today. 

You can see why we lose games at Aberdeen and Motherwell when the team puts in first half performances like that. 

Edited by Central Belt 1874

11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Agreed. Huge and correct call from RN.