*** Official Livingston fc v Heart of Midlothian v Match day thread***

Bazzas right boot

SectionDJambo

Just watched the highlights on the BBC. Most noticeable thing is that they have found the offside assessment white lines that they lost on Thursday. Funny that.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A.JAMBO

• Hearts007

• Harry Potter

• GinRummy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Doctor FinnBarr

To the zoomer who shouted "**** the pope" in my wifes ear behind the goal in the 2nd half, your face was a priceless picture when she asked you if the pope played for Hibs. Do yin rimjob.

1 hour ago, Chuck Berry said:

I prefer well maintained grass pitches every day of the week to 3g, but blaming 3g for this or that is frankly a cop out.  Look at Morton's grass pitch last season, I wouldn't let laddies play on it far less professional players.

Whatever that pitch is, it shouldn’t be used in top flight football it’s a very different game with the ball bouncing and running. Years ago they made a rule about stadia, there really should be a rule regarding the pitch to play in the top league. 

9 hours ago, bobby bombscare said:

Actually, there is plenty with it. The design of their pitch is completely different to the ones at oriam. Feel free to go to oriam and find a pitch with the black rubber. The pitches at oriam at 4g. They use a different length and density of grass and don’t use the rubber. They are also laid on a soft base rather than straight into concrete. 

The 3G pitches are well known for being high impact on joints because it’s concrete underneath. Plus, the denser grass and rubber has been proven to cause various injuries due to the surface not allowing any slip so get a lot of injuries when turning. 

You will also notice that 3G pitches cause an unpredictable bounce of the ball whereas the 4g used at other clubs acts more like a proper surface. 

The 3G pitch was about 5 years out of date when they fitted it… shouldn’t be in the top flight and the surface alone has caused players from all teams injuries. It’s a disgrace that we have that pitch in the top flight. 

Absolutely… it’s like playing on a waterlogged pitch without the water. You could see how much slower it was compared our grass pitch when the players were just passing the ball.  Shouldn’t be allowed in professional football. 

8 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

To the zoomer who shouted "**** the pope" in my wifes ear behind the goal in the 2nd half, your face was a priceless picture when she asked you if the pope played for Hibs. Do yin rimjob.

Brilliant put down.  

8 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

A very forgettable first 45 minutes, but we played a lot better for most of the 2nd half, and in the end it was what could prove to be a very valuable 3 points we picked up. With other results over this weekend it turned out to be not bad for us.

Spot on. One of those games, where you forget the performance, say thank you very much for the three points and move on. You could argue we played better on Thursdsy, and left empty handed. That's football.

10 hours ago, FERRY HEARTS said:

Spot on Chuck 

if the pitch is so pish as folk mentioning how come Haring played so well on it !  Good players should be able to master the surface . Unfortunately it’s been taking us 45 minutes in last few weeks . All in all good 3 points today 

If that is true, why doesn't everyone play on artificial surfaces?

9 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

Whatever that pitch is, it shouldn’t be used in top flight football it’s a very different game with the ball bouncing and running. Years ago they made a rule about stadia, there really should be a rule regarding the pitch to play in the top league. 

It's not a "very different game".  Admit it, did you even think about the surface when watching the game, I didn't and nobody around me even mentioned it, it's only on here.  As for banning them, FIFA are extending their use hence why Champions League and World Cup's can be played on them, hence why Scotland have played 2 qualifiers on them.  They aren't going away.

1 hour ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Absolutely… it’s like playing on a waterlogged pitch without the water. You could see how much slower it was compared our grass pitch when the players were just passing the ball.  Shouldn’t be allowed in professional football. 

Slower?   :callme:

The pitch is terrible, no getting away from that. However the players couldn't do the basics right in that first half. I'm going to cut them some slack though, Thursday night would have been a tough shift for them to then go and play on that surface. I think they deserve a pat on the back for the 3 points, make no mistake it was a big win for us. Next week against Rangers will be a totally different kettle of fish, however no reason that if we can play well, we can beat them. I watched them against Hibs last week and neither side were fluid, both gave the ball away all night. It's all about taking the chances that come our way. Robbie has a big decision on the starting 11. Got to hope Boyce is fit, he is key and showed yesterday how good he is. Apart from the goal, the pass to McEneff was top quality. 

Ex member of the SaS

No matter what pitch we were dire for the first half once again and were being over run. How the feck can't Robbie and the rest see this? I just feel he doesn't have the ability to look at a game and see where to change things during play. Making changes at half time and often be too late so they need to wise up quicker. Missed part of the second "goal " that was ruled off side but what I did see of it it looked ok to me. 

As for the playing surface professionals should never have to play on that! Training is very different from an actual competitive game.

Still three points is all that matters at the end of the day and it keeps us up there and ahead of DD utd.

41 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Slower?   :callme:

Aye, defo thought the run of the ball was slower or, at least, pulled up quicker than on the grass. Not an excuse for the first half mind, we were very poor - not denying that... but that pitch is crap.

Rudi cant fail
15 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Boyce looked fine on the pitch at the end. No sign of a limp of any discomfort. Smith was a back spasm probably caused by the pitch. Probably fine tomorrow

Hopefully, as much as I think Smith is past his best he still offers stability and experience and this will be needed during the season. Boyce is is probably our second or thirst most important player 

58 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

No matter what pitch we were dire for the first half once again and were being over run. How the feck can't Robbie and the rest see this? I just feel he doesn't have the ability to look at a game and see where to change things during play. Making changes at half time and often be too late so they need to wise up quicker. Missed part of the second "goal " that was ruled off side but what I did see of it it looked ok to me. 

As for the playing surface professionals should never have to play on that! Training is very different from an actual competitive game.

Still three points is all that matters at the end of the day and it keeps us up there and ahead of DD utd.

He made the crucial change at 30 minutes when he swapped Woodburn for Haring. 
Whilst starting slow is annoying, Robbie does have the ability to change things during h/t and that has won us matches. So many managers have no plan B, so I'm glad he is able to do this. Consistency from the off would be better, mind!

Agree re the surface, it looks terrible to play on. Slows the ball up when passing yet some bounces of the ball see it speed off at tangents the player won't typically expect. 

It's not a "very different game".  Admit it, did you even think about the surface when watching the game, I didn't and nobody around me even mentioned it, it's only on here.  As for banning them, FIFA are extending their use hence why Champions League and World Cup's can be played on them, hence why Scotland have played 2 qualifiers on them.  They aren't going away.

Sorry to disagree but I did think about it during the game as our passes continually seemed to be over hit. If you’ve ever played on them compared to grass you’d be mad not to think it doesn’t change the game massively 

9 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Sorry to disagree but I did think about it during the game as our passes continually seemed to be over hit. If you’ve ever played on them compared to grass you’d be mad not to think it doesn’t change the game massively 

I have, and it doesn't.  Not exactly the same, but then neither is a bumpy rock hard grass surface at Cappielow either, which we played on twice last season.

13 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Was the person in the crowd ok? I’m assuming they got the ball straight onto their face? 

Yes she was sat just along from us .was taken away by medics but returned 20mins later .Cammy gave her his shirt at the end 

22 hours ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

Sorry I've read it wrong. Hearts twitter says tickets available online from Livingston.

Thanks for replying mate - turned out they actually were selling tickets at the gate in the end but no-one would confirm when I was rushing about before getting out the door, so we took no chances and diverted via Tynie and bought some there in the office at 2pm and still was in our seat at 2.55pm !   In hindsight wish I had gone in for the 2nd half only now, but a win on that pshy surface against a well drilled hard working team is what matters  !

38 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

He made the crucial change at 30 minutes when he swapped Woodburn for Haring. 
Whilst starting slow is annoying, Robbie does have the ability to change things during h/t and that has won us matches. So many managers have no plan B, so I'm glad he is able to do this. Consistency from the off would be better, mind!

Agree re the surface, it looks terrible to play on. Slows the ball up when passing yet some bounces of the ball see it speed off at tangents the player won't typically expect. 

Woodburn has been a major disappointment and looks as if he has thrown in the towel for us.

I was really quite excited about him when he frist arrived as he looked as if he had a little something different to offer than most of our players.

He spotted passes and ran into spaces that nobody else seemed to do as they were not on the same wavelength as him.

I thought it will just need a bit of time for him and the others to get to know his style of play and then when they do he will be something a bit special.

How wrong can you be? He has gone backwards in recent weeks and now is starting to look as if he is not enjoying playing for us.

He was woeful yesterday for the short time he was on and on that showing he can go back to Liverpool for Xmas rather than New Year.

43 minutes ago, Rockwell said:

Yes she was sat just along from us .was taken away by medics but returned 20mins later .Cammy gave her his shirt at the end 

Cheers - I saw Cammy going over but didn’t realise it was for that. 

56 minutes ago, alfamonkey said:

Thanks for replying mate - turned out they actually were selling tickets at the gate in the end but no-one would confirm when I was rushing about before getting out the door, so we took no chances and diverted via Tynie and bought some there in the office at 2pm and still was in our seat at 2.55pm !   In hindsight wish I had gone in for the 2nd half only now, but a win on that pshy surface against a well drilled hard working team is what matters  !

Glad you made the game 👍🏻

I have, and it doesn't.  Not exactly the same, but then neither is a bumpy rock hard grass surface at Cappielow either, which we played on twice last season.

Don’t know why you’ve mentioned Cappielow when I’m saying pitches should be of a good standard and on grass. If you have played on different Astro pitches and good grass pitches then the game is quite a bit different. Bounce of ball, ball just running on cheaper Astro and of course tackling. 

3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

If that is true, why doesn't everyone play on artificial surfaces?

My point is we haven’t played well on any surface. Grass or 3/4 G for the first 45 minutes of our last 3 games  or at Aberdeen or Motherwell!  Blaming the surface is nonsense.( these guys are pros  Your point is ?

if what is true ?

10 minutes ago, FERRY HEARTS said:

My point is we haven’t played well on any surface. Grass or 3/4 G for the first 45 minutes of our last 3 games  or at Aberdeen or Motherwell!  Blaming the surface is nonsense.( these guys are pros  Your point is ?

if what is true ?

**** me 🤣🤣🤣 most cliched bullshit ever 🤣🤣🤣 

You don’t perform at the top end of your ability every single minute of every single game no matter who you are. Blaming the surface is different to the surface being a large part of why results at places like Livi are not guaranteed too. There is two teams on the pitch too I suppose thats not relevant though. ****ing mental the shite people post on here to criticise the club and players. To do it after a battling win on a ***** of a pitch where it could have easily been a few more once we got on top is even worse.

33 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Don’t know why you’ve mentioned Cappielow when I’m saying pitches should be of a good standard and on grass. If you have played on different Astro pitches and good grass pitches then the game is quite a bit different. Bounce of ball, ball just running on cheaper Astro and of course tackling. 

I've mentioned Cappielow because whilst people bang on about 3g pitches, they seem to ignore the fact we also play on some piss poor grass pitches.  At least 3g surfaces aren't bare, they don't have divots, and are pretty consistent.

Thankfully, the Premiership doesn't have too many that we seen at Cappielow, and the likes of Fir Park and Pittodrie have improved a lot recently from the mudbath/sandpits we used to see.

To be honest I see very little difference in tacking on 3g, and there is no "cheaper" 3g either, although there are some pitches which are not maintained as they should be (Alloa springs to mind).

16 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

That's all a pile of utter nonnsense.  Champions League and Internationals are played on 3g (Scotland recently played the Faroe Islands on 3g), I'm sure Scottish clubs can manage it.

Livingston do not own the stadium or the pitch, it's a community asset and anyone can hire it.

It really isn't.  The conditions are very different and a ball does not act the same on grass as it does on a 3G surface.  There is a very noticeable difference in the bounce and speed, and when it gets wet it becomes even more unpredictable. 

The one at Livingston looks hideous, and players and managers from plenty of different teams over the years have complained about it.  Not to mention they get to train and practise on it all year round, so will be far more used to it than other teams.  3G pitches have absolutely no place in professional football, and no top level teams would even consider playing on them.  If they were of any use or benefit at all, teams like Barcelona and Bayern Munich would have them installed at their stadiums.  They might be allowed in the Champions League, but there is a specific clause that bans them from being used in the Final.  Why would that be, unless there is something wrong with them?  They're not even allowed to be used in the EFL above the Conference League level :lol: 

The little black rubber bits that are used on the surfaces are also carcinogenic, so there's that to deal with as well - oh, and it gets everywhere, even in your mouth and lungs, even if you're just playing 5s for an hour.  That's really good news for players who are on it every day, for hours and hours.

Also, the Faroe Islands:

1200px-Map_of_faroe_islands_in_europe_-_

A tiny wee island in the middle of the freezing cold sea, battered by wind, rain and snow all year round, with a yearly average hours of sunshine half that of Scotland and double the yearly average days of precipitation?  No wonder they don't bother using grass.  That's hardly a good point in the favour of 3G. 

1 minute ago, tian447 said:

It really isn't.  The conditions are very different and a ball does not act the same on grass as it does on a 3G surface.  There is a very noticeable difference in the bounce and speed, and when it gets wet it becomes even more unpredictable. 

The one at Livingston looks hideous, and players and managers from plenty of different teams over the years have complained about it.  Not to mention they get to train and practise on it all year round, so will be far more used to it than other teams.  3G pitches have absolutely no place in professional football, and no top level teams would even consider playing on them.  If they were of any use or benefit at all, teams like Barcelona and Bayern Munich would have them installed at their stadiums.  They might be allowed in the Champions League, but there is a specific clause that bans them from being used in the Final.  Why would that be, unless there is something wrong with them?  They're not even allowed to be used in the EFL above the Conference League level :lol: 

The little black rubber bits that are used on the surfaces are also carcinogenic, so there's that to deal with as well - oh, and it gets everywhere, even in your mouth and lungs, even if you're just playing 5s for an hour.  That's really good news for players who are on it every day, for hours and hours.

Also, the Faroe Islands:

1200px-Map_of_faroe_islands_in_europe_-_

A tiny wee island in the middle of the freezing cold sea, battered by wind, rain and snow all year round, with a yearly average hours of sunshine half that of Scotland and double the yearly average days of precipitation?  No wonder they don't bother using grass.  That's hardly a good point in the favour of 3G. 

Enjoy your day mate

:callme:

4 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

No matter what pitch we were dire for the first half once again and were being over run. How the feck can't Robbie and the rest see this? I just feel he doesn't have the ability to look at a game and see where to change things during play.

What do you call the substitution of Woodburn by Haring after 29 minutes? 

Edited by Mikey1874

4 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Thought so.

Life's too short to argue with people who haven't a clue and 14k posts.  Enjoy your day.

Edited by Chuck Berry

Just now, Chuck Berry said:

Life's too short to argue with people who haven't clue and 14k posts.  Enjoy your day.

Feel free to offer a counter to any of those points, and then we'll be able to entertain the idea of calling it an argument.

1 hour ago, FERRY HEARTS said:

if what is true ?

I asked a question so I don’t have a point. You said ‘good players master any surface’ so why bother with grass at all?

just so you know, I never blamed the surface. 

Wtf is that half-wit Martindale on about with this offside? The guy took a bad touch and got smashed in a tackle by Souttar before anyone noticed a flag. So what did his team get robbed of? A corner?

5 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Wtf is that half-wit Martindale on about with this offside? The guy took a bad touch and got smashed in a tackle by Souttar before anyone noticed a flag. So what did his team get robbed of? A corner?

Just said similar on another thread.

The media will say how it shows these things 'even out over a season'. 

19 hours ago, Mighty jam said:

massive difference between finishing sixth or seventh and finishing third with ambitions of challenging for champions league spot.

get real! 

There isn’t that much difference in quality 

Take Craig gordon out we would be mid table. 

18 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Sure 

3 hours ago, SUTOL said:

Just said similar on another thread.

The media will say how it shows these things 'even out over a season'. 

That's where I thought they were going with it. All part of the grand sham.

4 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I asked a question so I don’t have a point. You said ‘good players master any surface’ so why bother with grass at all?

just so you know, I never blamed the surface. 

We had a chat about this pre match, it is a ***** of a surface badly brushed rug. I agree with near everything said on it.

Just one thing, it did cause our players problems also Spud spine lower back got knocked about a bit on it. So we are all in agreement that these type of surfaces need to be binned from top level sport. We managed to score a winner on it so i stick to my original point as well, you play on what is there.

A toe dip into controversy.

Would Nando have scored on grass, did the ball bobble was he unable to get a foothold on the surface.

Edited by A.JAMBO

The Treasurer
18 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Just watched the highlights on the BBC. Most noticeable thing is that they have found the offside assessment white lines that they lost on Thursday. Funny that.

Aye I noticed that. 

Making a big thing about Livi being denied a stonewall corner due to a wrong offside decision. 

On 06/12/2021 at 18:47, NB GIN said:

There isn’t that much difference in quality 

Take Craig gordon out we would be mid table. 

Exactly mate! Players of Gordons quality are hard to come by for us to improve enough to push towards 2nd we would need another probably 3 players of gordons standard to replace our bang average attacking midfield as it is we will struggle to retain our decent defensive players of Souttar Hallket and Kingsley. likelyhood is one or two will leave. therefore another 4 to 5 players of gordons standard to compete for 2nd is indeed a big step from mid table expectations.

On 06/12/2021 at 19:09, A.JAMBO said:

We had a chat about this pre match, it is a ***** of a surface badly brushed rug. I agree with near everything said on it.

Just one thing, it did cause our players problems also Spud spine lower back got knocked about a bit on it. So we are all in agreement that these type of surfaces need to be binned from top level sport. We managed to score a winner on it so i stick to my original point as well, you play on what is there.

A toe dip into controversy.

Would Nando have scored on grass, did the ball bobble was he unable to get a foothold on the surface.

Nando wouldn't score in a brothel with a £50 note taped to his c**k