*** Official Livingston fc v Heart of Midlothian v Match day thread***

Bazzas right boot

5 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

And you know this how?

Savage or Robbie mentioned that there was an agreement of some kind with Liverpool.  They didn't elaborate on the comment, so we don't know exact details.  Think it was during a shareholders meeting iirc.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A.JAMBO

• Hearts007

• Harry Potter

• GinRummy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

I agree.  One of our better players to be sure.  But those two misses ... one against Celtic and one today ... oh, my!

What a player he'd be if he could add goals. 

lost in space
1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

Are you suffering?

Only from dullards who try to wind up others but don't have the intelligence.

What is Livingston's reason for still having that abomination of a pitch?  Surely they can't still be using the "community income" excuse? 

It's fine for a lower league club, but they are a Scottish Premiership team first and foremost, and should bloody well act like it.  Having 20ish games a season that are on totally different terms than the rest of them is a joke, and I have no idea how it is allowed.  The ball bounces differently, moves on the surface differently, and it is far, far easier for a player to badly injure themselves on it.

All top flight games should be played on grass.  Teams like Ross County and Inverness have grass pitches, and they are in a part of the country where you could understand them using astroturf instead.  **** me, even Brora Rangers have a grass pitch!

Pitch is a leveler, you could see our players get it stuck under their feet or let it run away from them multiple times.

Can't play 2 against 3 midfielder, we have been over ran too many times but fair play to RN he finally done something about it.

I would play McIneff more because he can be the 3rd in midfield or push onto the front 3. No point in playing GMS or woodburn in these games because they just don't get involved.

I hope Boyce is ok because Woodburn should never wear the shirt again.

Cochrane has been shit the last few games.

1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

Pitch is a leveler, you could see our players get it stuck under their feet or let it run away from them multiple times.

Can't play 2 against 3 midfielder, we have been over ran too many times but fair play to RN he finally done something about it.

I would play McIneff more because he can be the 3rd in midfield or push onto the front 3. No point in playing GMS or woodburn in these games because they just don't get involved.

I hope Boyce is ok because Woodburn should never wear the shirt again.

Cochrane has been shit the last few games.

Does Woodburn have an attitude problem off the pitch as thats how it comes across to me. Training wise , effort wise , investment wise. 

McKay is different gravy , frustrates me that he buried the one he did as that was just a natural no chance to think about it one , he missed everyone he had a chance to think about. He is a matchwinner for us though. Everyone raves about Scott Allan I think McKay is a far better player. He works his arse off too both attacking and defending. 

Gnando 😑 

Woodburn 🤯 

Gino/GMS both very hit and miss but GMS has a better final ball I think. 

Kingsleys delivery today was poor but positionally him and Halkett were superb all day. Halkett looks like hes found an extra yard of pace this season.

Gordon , Halkett and Kingsley I think are priority one for new contracts. 

A cold battling win in Livi in December though shows the team has a spirit and fight about it. Haring was superb again today after Celtic Park on Thursday. 

1 hour ago, lost in space said:

Only from dullards who try to wind up others but don't have the intelligence.

I may very well be a 'dullard', but it was you who was casting aspertions, as usual.

You do realise, if you have the intelligence, that you clearly did get wound up, even though that was not my intent.

Please enjoy this ... especially Claire getting stamped on and getting his own back:-

Bazzas right boot

Just seen the goal. 

What an assist by McKay. 

Liquid football. 

That triple save was something else. 

We seem to have a mad moment like that in every game. 

Gnando tho. 😭

2 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Livi's pitch is absolute disgrace and hopefully we won't be back their this season.

Nothing wrong with the pitch, barely even noticed it wasn't grass and certainly it wasn't even discussed as an issue around me.  We train on the surface most days I expect.  Let's not be like Rangers and wheel out the 3g pitch excuse

Geoff Kilpatrick
10 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

1-0

Boyce (pen)

Almost.

Work took precedence so I've not even seen the game but any result on that abomination of a pitch is a good outcome.

1 hour ago, tian447 said:

What is Livingston's reason for still having that abomination of a pitch?  Surely they can't still be using the "community income" excuse? 

It's fine for a lower league club, but they are a Scottish Premiership team first and foremost, and should bloody well act like it.  Having 20ish games a season that are on totally different terms than the rest of them is a joke, and I have no idea how it is allowed.  The ball bounces differently, moves on the surface differently, and it is far, far easier for a player to badly injure themselves on it.

All top flight games should be played on grass.  Teams like Ross County and Inverness have grass pitches, and they are in a part of the country where you could understand them using astroturf instead.  **** me, even Brora Rangers have a grass pitch!

That's all a pile of utter nonnsense.  Champions League and Internationals are played on 3g (Scotland recently played the Faroe Islands on 3g), I'm sure Scottish clubs can manage it.

Livingston do not own the stadium or the pitch, it's a community asset and anyone can hire it.

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Chuck Berry said:

Nothing wrong with the pitch, barely even noticed it wasn't grass and certainly it wasn't even discussed as an issue around me.  We train on the surface most days I expect.  Let's not be like Rangers and wheel out the 3g pitch excuse

Nothing wrong with the pitch. You're having me on. It's a disgrace that they have that plastic thing, instead of grass. It's not even the up to date version, it's horrific.

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

Nothing wrong with the pitch. You're having me on. It's a disgrace that they have that plastic thing, instead of grass. It's not even the up to date version, it's horrific.

"Its not even an upto date version", it was laid 2 years ago.

3 hours ago, Percival King said:

In case it hasn't been mentioned, I'd like to applaud Cammy Devlin after the girl in section M was hit by the ball just after the start of the second half. I was few rows behind and it really hit her with some pace. Cammy tried to highlight the incident to the officials and medics and tried to stop the game restarting until medics were on their way to her then, after we scored, he ran down the touchline trying to check she was okay. It looked as sore one, I hope she's okay.

He ran over at the end of the game and asked for his shirt to be handed back to her, and again checked she was OK.  It went into the crowd at some amount of pace, but it was just one of those things.

Malinga the Swinga
7 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

"Its not even an upto date version", it was laid 2 years ago.

So it's 2 years out of date. Thanks for confirming.

2 minutes ago, A.JAMBO said:

That word Stability

All i ask is a stable starting 11, add in the talent later.

This.  Haring dropping back to the bench was a bit baffling today.  Pick a starting XI thats suits us, and not with the oppostion in mind.

5 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

This.  Haring dropping back to the bench was a bit baffling today.  Pick a starting XI thats suits us, and not with the oppostion in mind.

I was baffled by it, i had a go about it before the game. Robbie is honest in his post match talk.

Not great but sets us up for a good go at Rangers at the weekend

Edited by A.JAMBO

been here before
1 hour ago, Gambo said:

Question.

Was there more Livingston fans or Police/stewards?

Pathetic home support.

3.5-4k Hearts.

Was there really c1.5k Livvy fans there? Certainly didnt look like it from where I was. 

They briefly had a drum in their singer section though.

4 minutes ago, been here before said:

3.5-4k Hearts.

Was there really c1.5k Livvy fans there? Certainly didnt look like it from where I was. 

They briefly had a drum in their singer section though.

I reckoned there was around 1,800/2,000 in that stand, think it holds over 2,500. That makes it about 3500/3700 Jambos which is probably right as well based on ticket sales.

mickycameron98

How can a club in the premier League survive with barely 1500 home fans. How degrading is it to have more away fans than home fans in your own stadium, it's soul destroying stuff as a football supporter. Embarrassing ultimately.

lost in space
27 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

I may very well be a 'dullard', but it was you who was casting aspertions, as usual.

You do realise, if you have the intelligence, that you clearly did get wound up, even though that was not my intent.

Please enjoy this ... especially Claire getting stamped on and getting his own back:-

We agree on 1 thing - you are a dullard.

"As usual", you say - didn't know you were a follower. I have no idea on anything about you so you aren't memorable.

I am wound up by replying to a childish comment?? Aye, OK then......

As for the clip - what are you on about?

I am laughing at you, ya loon.

3 minutes ago, mickycameron98 said:

How can a club in the premier League survive with barely 1500 home fans. How degrading is it to have more away fans than home fans in your own stadium, it's soul destroying stuff as a football supporter. Embarrassing ultimately.

I am more surprised by the fact it was not sold out with us going there. Ffs it is only about 15 miles from Tynecastle. Almost like a home game travel wise. 

mickycameron98
2 minutes ago, Canscot said:

I am more surprised by the fact it was not sold out with us going there. Ffs it is only about 15 miles from Tynecastle. Almost like a home game travel wise. 

True. What was our allocation though?

2 minutes ago, Canscot said:

**** all to do in Livi

Maybe if the club had put on a load of buses . Anyways game over.

15 minutes ago, mickycameron98 said:

I'm sure the proper Livvy fans aren't embarrassed, it's not as if it's anything new for them, good to see their young team trying to drum up a bit of atmophere, credit to them.  It's not exactly a new thing in Scottish fitba, clubs have sold as many tickets as they can to the OF for the money for years, outnumbering their home support.  Kilmarnock and Dundee Utd spring to mind.

Edited by Chuck Berry

6 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Someone mentioned Devlin could be out for next week after getting a yellow today. Anyone confirm this?

Apparently one booking off a suspension. So really needs that booking next week to ensure he is in for hibs.

More concerned about Boyce tbh.

3 hours ago, Dia Liom said:

Savage or Robbie mentioned that there was an agreement of some kind with Liverpool.  They didn't elaborate on the comment, so we don't know exact details.  Think it was during a shareholders meeting iirc.

👍🏻 

bobby bombscare
1 hour ago, Chuck Berry said:

Actually, there is plenty with it. The design of their pitch is completely different to the ones at oriam. Feel free to go to oriam and find a pitch with the black rubber. The pitches at oriam at 4g. They use a different length and density of grass and don’t use the rubber. They are also laid on a soft base rather than straight into concrete. 

The 3G pitches are well known for being high impact on joints because it’s concrete underneath. Plus, the denser grass and rubber has been proven to cause various injuries due to the surface not allowing any slip so get a lot of injuries when turning. 

You will also notice that 3G pitches cause an unpredictable bounce of the ball whereas the 4g used at other clubs acts more like a proper surface. 

The 3G pitch was about 5 years out of date when they fitted it… shouldn’t be in the top flight and the surface alone has caused players from all teams injuries. It’s a disgrace that we have that pitch in the top flight. 

1 hour ago, Chuck Berry said:

FFS :callme:

Spot on Chuck 

if the pitch is so pish as folk mentioning how come Haring played so well on it !  Good players should be able to master the surface . Unfortunately it’s been taking us 45 minutes in last few weeks . All in all good 3 points today 

18 minutes ago, bobby bombscare said:

Actually, there is plenty with it. The design of their pitch is completely different to the ones at oriam. Feel free to go to oriam and find a pitch with the black rubber. The pitches at oriam at 4g. They use a different length and density of grass and don’t use the rubber. They are also laid on a soft base rather than straight into concrete. 

The 3G pitches are well known for being high impact on joints because it’s concrete underneath. Plus, the denser grass and rubber has been proven to cause various injuries due to the surface not allowing any slip so get a lot of injuries when turning. 

You will also notice that 3G pitches cause an unpredictable bounce of the ball whereas the 4g used at other clubs acts more like a proper surface. 

The 3G pitch was about 5 years out of date when they fitted it… shouldn’t be in the top flight and the surface alone has caused players from all teams injuries. It’s a disgrace that we have that pitch in the top flight. 

4g doesn't use rubber crumb infill, and isn't even mandated for use by FIFA.  I have no idea what Oriam use but I would be very surprised if it is "real" 4g. Don't believe me?

https://www.sispitches.com/the-definitive-guide-to-all-types-of-astroturf-pitches-2g-3g-4g-and-beyond/

https://www.playfinder.com/blog/2g-3g-4g-know-playing-surface

3g is what all football clubs play on (regardless of manufacturer), and yes, you can have them installed with or without the rubber shockpad between the tarmac and the sand base.  I'd be very surprised if Livvy or any top level pitch does not have a shock pad.

In order to gain an SFA licence (which all SFA members must have), any 3g pitch has to pass a FIFA test on a regular basis in order to maintain consistency.  Badly maintained 3g pitches can have problems with this test.  Livvy's does not look badly maintained to me and it's pretty new.

This injury proof, can you post a link?

Edited by Chuck Berry

6 minutes ago, FERRY HEARTS said:

Spot on Chuck 

if the pitch is so pish as folk mentioning how come Haring played so well on it !  Good players should be able to master the surface . Unfortunately it’s been taking us 45 minutes in last few weeks . All in all good 3 points today 

I prefer well maintained grass pitches every day of the week to 3g, but blaming 3g for this or that is frankly a cop out.  Look at Morton's grass pitch last season, I wouldn't let laddies play on it far less professional players.

5 hours ago, NB GIN said:

There is not much difference between mid table and third 

massive difference between finishing sixth or seventh and finishing third with ambitions of challenging for champions league spot.

get real! 

16 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

I prefer well maintained grass pitches every day of the week to 3g, but blaming 3g for this or that is frankly a cop out.  Look at Morton's grass pitch last season, I wouldn't let laddies play on it far less professional players.

Exactly!  That pitch was a disgrace. Lumpy, bumpy and looked like it had not seen water in two months. I read somewhere they deliberately let it deteriorate in order to stop teams playing football.probably more due to the fact the were broke and had mo grounds keeping crew though. 

portobellojambo1

A very forgettable first 45 minutes, but we played a lot better for most of the 2nd half, and in the end it was what could prove to be a very valuable 3 points we picked up. With other results over this weekend it turned out to be not bad for us.