*** Official Livingston fc v Heart of Midlothian v Match day thread***

Bazzas right boot

Just now, Gimme an H... said:

What’s the words to the Andy Halliday “Africa” song?

I heard that during the game and looked out the window. Thought it was the tit next door

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A.JAMBO

• Hearts007

• Harry Potter

• GinRummy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tom Hardy’s Dug

The result tells us something - we are a bit more toughened up than we were.

All it does other than that is remind us what we already know - we need additions to the first team in particular a new striker and RWB.

And we need to secure as many of our back line on contracts as poss.

2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Of what - lap dancers?

Why be so disrespectful to our people. Gordon has a rake of contacts.

I will say nothing more

Edited by A.JAMBO

For everyone thinking that Cammy Devlin would be suspended for the Rangers game, this is from the SFA rules, which covers the league.

Accumulation of six cautionable offences in the same Competition. 1 match suspension effective from 14th day following date of match when the sixth cautionable offence incurred.

Delighted with the result if not the 1st half performance. At last Robbie has a plan B if things are not going well and has the balls to implement it early. Woodburn was awful, no commitment but Big Pete steadied the ship and but for a lack of cool head we could have been out of sight with the chances created 2nd half. McEniff I like and was unlucky with his chances. Gnando on the other hand is just a waste of a jersey. Two good chances both screwed up. Young Hendo would be a much better option to have on the bench. Direct, fast and full of confidence at the moment. Hopefully Joe Savage has got his eye on a pacy frontman to help Boycy out.

Exile fae Main Street

Giving teams too many chances, CG can't save everything!! Also, we really must play three in midfield EVERY game...the game plan of wing backs/ two wide men just ain't working, Ginnelly headless chicken; Gnando, just chicken; Boyce, touch of an elephant; Woodburn, why did he fail on earlier loans; Smith, past it; address that lot and we'd have a good team.

1 minute ago, Exile fae Main Street said:

Giving teams too many chances, CG can't save everything!! Also, we really must play three in midfield EVERY game...the game plan of wing backs/ two wide men just ain't working, Ginnelly headless chicken; Gnando, just chicken; Boyce, touch of an elephant; Woodburn, why did he fail on earlier loans; Smith, past it; address that lot and we'd have a good team.

A few weeks ago I would have disagreed with most of this. But I really can’t now. 

Whatever "style" we want to play in this league there is a battle to win first, no team is going to stand off and admire our possession/passing game, Robbie should know this and to be fair he did adjust. But this will be the case every game and we cannot afford to start with the likes of Woodburn who is not adjusting to the game here and looks like he is on holiday. No chance of a career at Liverpool or even Hearts on evidence so far, very disappointing IMO. Delighted with the good reaction from the players, the second half and three points from a difficult fixture and hopefully with some lessons learned we move on.

Shocking first half, better 2nd.

3 points is what we take from that game.

Thank god for Craig Gordon.

We can and should be performing better.

Onto next week.

I'm feeling strangely euphoric based on the win compared to what might have happened.  2-0 down at half time would have been monumentally depressing.  Didn't happen though.  Plastic disgrace of a pitch but it didn't stop us winning.

Rangers can expect an almighty battle next week.  If Beni is back, it's one they will lose.

maroonlegions
1 hour ago, gnasher75 said:

Gnanduillet looks like a guy who won a competition to play 15 minutes for Hearts in a friendly. So frustrating to watch. Ginnelly should have come on for Boyce.

Yip Ginnelly would have buried that chance at the end.

Just now, Skacelsid said:

Whatever "style" we want to play in this league there is a battle to win first, no team is going to stand off and admire our possession/passing game, Robbie should know this and to be fair he did adjust. But this will be the case every game and we cannot afford to start with the likes of Woodburn who is not adjusting to the game here and looks like he is on holiday. No chance of a career at Liverpool or even Hearts on evidence so far, very disappointing IMO. Delighted with the good reaction from the players, the second half and three points from a difficult fixture and hopefully with some lessons learned we move on.

Agree.  Sometimes Robbie is going to have to swallow his pride and go into these matches with a different build up to the game.  I pretty much brought this up when he said a couple of weeks ago he won’t divert from how he wants to play.  

The 2nd half(again) was more like how you’d expect Hearts to cope with these games.  You are going to be put under pressure, have to cope with the odd counter attack but hard work(tracking back), players giving more composure and focus in possession let our better ability creep through eventually.

It still wasn’t great but it was pleasing to see a reaction which I expected Neilson to get at half time.  

3 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Haring made a huge difference when he came on. Rolls Royce of a player. Love him.

Has he played in all 3 of our away wins this season? 

17 minutes ago, weegie jambo said:

Delighted with the result if not the 1st half performance. At last Robbie has a plan B if things are not going well and has the balls to implement it early. Woodburn was awful, no commitment but Big Pete steadied the ship and but for a lack of cool head we could have been out of sight with the chances created 2nd half. McEniff I like and was unlucky with his chances. Gnando on the other hand is just a waste of a jersey. Two good chances both screwed up. Young Hendo would be a much better option to have on the bench. Direct, fast and full of confidence at the moment. Hopefully Joe Savage has got his eye on a pacy frontman to help Boycy out.

Spot on there.  Woodburn and Gnando need replaced at the earliest chance.

What is the must apt superlative for Craig Gordon's saves.  BBC reporter today says amazing.  Reporter on the most recent Scotland game said astonishing.

Usually reporters will just say that a keeper made a great save but Gordon is something else.

I'm so bloody proud of him.

If he's not in our Hall of Fame already, get him in there.

54 minutes ago, lost in space said:

I said it to remind others how bad the performance was over 90 minutes. If Gordon hadnt saved us in the first half, I doubt that we could have scored against a defending Livi team.

Of course we expect Gordon to save us at times (as other keepers save their teams) - but we were playing a very poor team and we were rotten for much of the game.

Great that we won - and we are happy about that - but that performance was so bad.

We dont seem to learn.

Are you suffering?

Was sat in the Livi end today as decided last min to go, bloody lucky we have Craig gordon or Robbie Neilson was getting tactically outplayed by a drug dealer.

Should have been at least 2 down at halftime.

Better second half and well taken goal.

14 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Agree.  Sometimes Robbie is going to have to swallow his pride and go into these matches with a different build up to the game.  I pretty much brought this up when he said a couple of weeks ago he won’t divert from how he wants to play.  

The 2nd half(again) was more like how you’d expect Hearts to cope with these games.  You are going to be put under pressure, have to cope with the odd counter attack but hard work(tracking back), players giving more composure and focus in possession let our better ability creep through eventually.

It still wasn’t great but it was pleasing to see a reaction which I expected Neilson to get at half time.  

At least he made a timely change, which got us into the game (unlike Motherwell).

Our style of play (which i like by the way) isn’t always going to work in this league.

Francis Albert
12 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

What is the must apt superlative for Craig Gordon's saves.  BBC reporter today says amazing.  Reporter on the most recent Scotland game said astonishing.

Usually reporters will just say that a keeper made a great save but Gordon is something else.

I'm so bloody proud of him.

If he's not in our Hall of Fame already, get him in there.

The BBC commentators today said the save of the season could be chosen just from Gordon saves.

Percival King

In case it hasn't been mentioned, I'd like to applaud Cammy Devlin after the girl in section M was hit by the ball just after the start of the second half. I was few rows behind and it really hit her with some pace. Cammy tried to highlight the incident to the officials and medics and tried to stop the game restarting until medics were on their way to her then, after we scored, he ran down the touchline trying to check she was okay. It looked as sore one, I hope she's okay.

Thought Livi played well and were at it in first half! Putting Haring on made a massive difference, massive 3 points at a horrible place to play, I’m sticking to a positive mindset, don’t know how folk can get through life looking at negatives all the time! 

1 minute ago, Percival King said:

In case it hasn't been mentioned, I'd like to applaud Cammy Devlin after the girl in section M was hit by the ball just after the start of the second half. I was few rows behind and it really hit her with some pace. Cammy tried to highlight the incident to the officials and medics and tried to stop the game restarting until medics were on their way to her then, after we scored, he ran down the touchline trying to check she was okay. It looked as sore one, I hope she's okay.

My son said Cammy gave her his shirt after the game! 

7 minutes ago, make a noise said:

My son said Cammy gave her his shirt after the game! 

He’s some Jambo is oor Cammy ♥️♥️Glorious ♥️

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Can you hear the drums, for Gnando?!

Performance: Shite.

Result: Absolutely key.

😂

1 hour ago, Captain Lithuania said:

Understandable but it would leave us only with Ginnelly, Mackay-Steven and McKay. Leaves us rather light. I think maybe leaving Woodburn out of the team for a while and making him earn a start might get more out of him. 

We are contractually obliged to have him in the match day squad if he is fit

First half was hard going

Second half was good

Surely Hendo bust be better than that  mug Gnando , what a dreadful player he is

1 minute ago, Drew Wallace said:

First half was hard going

Second half was good

Surely Hendo bust be better than that  mug Gnando , what a dreadful player he is

Absolutely, what's to lose? An 100% no brainer.

6 minutes ago, Brauhauser2012 said:

Really enjoying Barrie McKay. What an exciting player he is.

Just a pisser Boyce was offside when Barrie scored. A goal would’ve been much deserved today. 

12 minutes ago, Brauhauser2012 said:

Really enjoying Barrie McKay. What an exciting player he is.

I agree.  One of our better players to be sure.  But those two misses ... one against Celtic and one today ... oh, my!

Malinga the Swinga

Clean sheet and another 3 points. Livi's pitch is absolute disgrace and hopefully we won't be back their this season.

Wouldn't shed a year of they went down at end of season.

Great away support for Hearts today.

20 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

We are contractually obliged to have him in the match day squad if he is fit

And you know this how?

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Fortunately don't have to play there again this season most likely. Then hopefully Livingston relegated. 

Hope so.  I've nothing against livi, they've done really well for ages now, but that pitch is a total disgrace to scottish football.  

4 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

And you know this how?

Mentioned on a Hearts podcast a couple of weeks ago, by someone who ‘probably’ knows

If Gnando scores we're on the pitch

He's 7ft and he canny shoot

Found both  mildly amusing 

1 hour ago, Rudi cant fail said:

I think we can take that with a pinch of salt. Beni was walking about the changing room after the st Mirren game seemingly 

Boyce looked fine on the pitch at the end. No sign of a limp of any discomfort. Smith was a back spasm probably caused by the pitch. Probably fine tomorrow