• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A.JAMBO

• Hearts007

• Harry Potter

• GinRummy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lucky we were playing Livi today 🙈 better 2nd half but that's not saying much. Scrappy 3 points but still 3 points. Much better performance needed next week tho...

Edited by WDJ87

2 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

He really is hopeless

Said it weeks ago,poor in the air,too slow,another one of Robbies duds!

A huge 3pts and well done to Hearts for grinding out two wins in a week. 

But I am more confused than ever after that. So many players showing no form and I don’t think Neilson will have a clue what formation to play after that. 

Woodburn and Gnando can be emptied I’ve seen enough. 

McKay playing well but double shooting practice this week. 

Boyce just has to do better. His general play today is miles off the standard required.

Special mention to Haring who has been excellent in the last two games. 

Dug in against all the forces of evil and a pitch that took 45 minutes to get used to.

Livi should have been down to 9 and we have a raft of bookings. Usual Clancy performance, the incident for Bobs booking is hilarious.

3 points very well earned 👍

Captain Lithuania
1 minute ago, KyleLafferty said:

Well done to Robbie for noticing the game plan wasn’t working cause of woodburn. Brought on Pete steadied is. Came out the second half flying and got the goal. They had nothing of note in the second half. Barrie McKay is a pler

This. Almost like Robbie knows what he’s doing. 

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

I’ve a theory hearts play better in the dark.

doesn’t give me confidence for the sevconian game 😤

Could be without Devlin and Beni for that.  If so, pish timing.

2 minutes ago, Captain Lithuania said:

I’d say most of his bookings have been avoidable. Anyway, I don’t think he’s a huge loss. I think McEneff, Haring and Beni are our best 3. 

Devlin covers every blade of grass and has a lot of quality. He'd be a huge loss. 

All about opinions, though.

Captain Lithuania
1 minute ago, hearts00 said:

But I am more confused than ever after that. So many players showing no form and I don’t think Neilson will have a clue what formation to play after that. 

Boyce just has to do better. His general play today is miles off the standard required.

I disagree with Woodburn. I agree that he has not lived up to expectations but clearly has ability. Definitely worth keeping around. 

joondalupjambo

If Woodburn has an ounce of pride and professionalism then if he ever gets a start again he should rip whoevere the opposition is apart.   It will be interesting to see how Robbie handles this situation.  He may have words, fire him up, Woodburn responds and turns a corner or he is on the train back to Liverpool in the first week in January without playing again.

3 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Well done to Robbie for noticing the game plan wasn’t working cause of woodburn. Brought on Pete steadied is. Came out the second half flying and got the goal. They had nothing of note in the second half. Barrie McKay is a pler

our game plan away from home seems to awlays be shocking for the first half.....change to tactics needs addressing - we have the players !!!

Captain Lithuania
2 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Devlin covers every blade of grass and has a lot of quality. He'd be a huge loss. 

All about opinions, though.

Runs about a lot, but gets caught out in possession and never passes first time. Also shits it when he gets within 40 yards of the opponents goal. 

Good for games that we are up against it but not very good when we have lots of the ball. 

Edited by Captain Lithuania

Fair play to Robbie hooking Woodburn and putting on Haring so we  could get a foothold in the game.

The 2 in mid clearly doesn't work away from home so you could argue he got it wrong at the start but fair play for changing it early enough .

7 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Had a great game.

Yes and no re McKay.

He is arguably our best player right now but must sharpen up. He could have had three goals this week and instead had one assist. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Lithuania said:

I disagree with Woodburn. I agree that he has not lived up to expectations but clearly has ability. Definitely worth keeping around. 

After the Cathro/Levein shambles I can’t be ****ed with players who won’t put in the effort. 

Edited by GinRummy

1 minute ago, hearts00 said:

Don't agree about Boyce - his work rate is tremendous and other players play better with him on the park - taking opposition players out of position to let our midfield come through. Celtic game 2nd half a prime example 

Guano is probably one of the poorest forwards I have seen at Hearts , he should be nowhere near that team, and Boyce runs him close ! As for today I honestly think a lot of the player do not like the surface and I think it should in spades. The eventual score should have been a few more but then they made a lot of good chances and if I am being honest their man was onside and the should PROBALY had a pen. We have to be thankful for a few top saves from CG and be very happy with the outcome. JMO though don't shoot me for saying what I saw.

2 minutes ago, Cade said:

Smash and feckin grab

A huge result and should be a confidence builder.

How did we win that????

:verysmug:

Game of two halves in the cliché world.

Livi were not in the 2nd half.

Bad for first part of game - better for second - 3 points is the main thing. Robbie - please change first half tactics when away - its unsuccessfully the same every time. Haring makes a definite difference....not 100% match fit yet either.....will be even better !! Nando - lazy and ponderous....pass marks to the rest . Points that count though !!!

Just now, Lonewolflins said:

Peter Haring played well , Mackay is a very good player , Craig Gordon is world class. The rest must do better . 

I would add mceneff and halket were solid today 

I was aware that Gnanduillet played for Blackpool and had a strike rate of over 1 in 3, so I was wondering how he can be so poor for us. So I checked. They were mid table in League One the whole time he was there, and didn’t get promoted until after he left.

7 minutes ago, girvanjambo said:

He couldn't get a game for that ladies team England beat 20 - 0. Apart from maybe in goals. Must be dumped in January 

To think Henderson is on loan and we got rid of Wighton because he wasn't at our level. I'd take both of them over him any day. I complained about Connor Washington, I'd take him over Gnando any day. I'd take pretty much any premiership striker over him.

1 minute ago, girvanjambo said:

Don't agree about Boyce - his work rate is tremendous and other players play better with him on the park - taking opposition players out of position to let our midfield come through. Celtic game 2nd half a prime example 

Fair. His movement and effort are fine. His general sharpness in front of goal and overall hold up play today not what I expect from him. 

8 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

McKay MOTM for me.

Yup.

8 minutes ago, OTT said:

Gnando is a ****ing donkey.

Pls god get someone in who can actually challenge Boyce. Should have scored about 3 times ffs. Awful player. 

Yup again.

7 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

The state of that pitch is shameful 

And again. The sooner teams who want to play in the top league are required to get a grass pitch the better. The ball sticks to the turf and bounces completely differently, so it must be an advantage to teams who play on it every other week. 

Captain Lithuania
Just now, GinRummy said:

After the Cathro/Levein shambles I can’t be ****ed with players who won’t out in the effort. 

Understandable but it would leave us only with Ginnelly, Mackay-Steven and McKay. Leaves us rather light. I think maybe leaving Woodburn out of the team for a while and making him earn a start might get more out of him. 

11 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

The state of that pitch is shameful 

Fortunately don't have to play there again this season most likely. Then hopefully Livingston relegated. 

3 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Fair play to Robbie hooking Woodburn and putting on Haring so we  could get a foothold in the game.

The 2 in mid clearly doesn't work away from home so you could argue he got it wrong at the start but fair play for changing it early enough .

Haring should start anyway. 

Thought we would win and we did.

Not an easy place to go. Was only a year ago they pumped us 5-0 in the same fixture, Celtic already been defeated there this season.

Bit of distance between us and Utd now. Free hit at Rangers next week.

1 minute ago, lost in space said:

Seems to me that posters are forgetting that Gordon saved us against probably the worst team in the league. 

Why do you say that? Folk are just happy we got it together enough to win the points. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

After the Cathro/Levein shambles I can’t be ****ed with players who won’t put in the effort. 

Agreed.....fans will put up with lack of class if they see guts and effort.......Nando has neither (chickens it.......sorry)

4 minutes ago, Captain Lithuania said:

Think it fair to say the problem is application rather than ability. Sometimes though that can effect the team as much if not more...

8 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Could be without Devlin and Beni for that.  If so, pish timing.

If you mean suspension, game you miss is 14 days later. 

12 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Just saw the goal for first time there - we even nearly missed that too, Boyce very lucky keeper didn’t save it.

Indeed. It wasn’t a good finish. Boyce is just not at it.