Haring

Chaps

HeartsandonlyHearts

He was very good today. Woodburn has had more than enough chances to prove he should start. He’s not delivered. Bench or back to Liverpool. No other options. Hard to believe he’s played in meaningful games for Liverpool.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PhoenixHearts

• TyphoonJambo

• A.JAMBO

• NB GIN

BRAVEHEART1874

Played better when he came on. Dont know if the formation changed, but he has played well recently even before being  dropped 

16 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Made a huge difference today.

Big, cool Prince of calm that he is.

Game changed when he came on.

Best outfield player today without a shadow of a doubt.

On 03/12/2021 at 06:37, Chaps said:

Was excellent last night. Broke up play very well and got forward.

Worthy of a new deal IMO if he’s willing to play back up to Beni/Cammy.

Haring is simply awesome 

I was seriously impressed with his range of passing 

an absolute must keep 

He was immense. Change the entire game for us. Proving he is worth keeping hold of and that he still has it, wouldn't have said that a week ago. 

InternationalJambo

Played with his slippers on. He seems to have lost a yard of pace but his physicality & reading of the game make up for it. 

A potentially boring midfle 3 but away from home. Harring,Beni and Cammy everytime. 

Edited by TypoonJambo

Robbie just isn't learning.We got overran by Aberdeen and Motherwell with Devlin and Beni both playing so he starts a game at Livi. with only Devlin and leaving Haring benched.For weeks now it seems obvious how the home team are going to play us and to me Haring should be starting every game at the moment.I would play the 3 of them until we get a grip of the game and then make the sub.Whichever of the 3 isn't cutting it could be removed for a more forward player.I am pretty sure ,without knowing the facts, that Haring probably has the highest win/draw stats at the club.He just doesn't seem like a losing type player.If Robbie is still here next year he will regret it if he hasn't got him tied up as we could really do with the 3 of them for as long as possible.Going to be particularly relevant if we are playing in the groups in Europe.

Someone said some bullshit about Pete on a thread earlier .

Terrible way to talk about the man.

Edited by A.JAMBO

PhoenixHearts
1 hour ago, mickycameron98 said:

Haring is massively underated at Hearts. I think he's been brilliant every time he's came into the team this year. Deserves a run of games.

For me he's every bit as good as Beni and Devlin. Has proved that the past two games. 

That said, Beni was playing amazing and undroppable, and everyone was super keen to see Devlin get his debut so they perhaps glossed over Haring, maybe even took him for granted. But Devlin came in and did well then he too became undroppable. Just bad luck for Haring.

However in recent weeks both Beni and Devlins performances seem to have come back down to earth a wee bit. I wouldn't have given either of them higher than a 7/10 in our last few games.

Still both great players but it's clear the honeymoon period is over and we could stand to rotate the midfield a little to give them all a rest. Make sure they dont get burnt out from too many minutes or lose form by sitting too long.

It may become more of a necessity as we get to the meaty part of the season.

Devlin sitting out  with Beni back in may turn into a good thing, Pete steps into the void.

I am happy at that.

Edited by A.JAMBO

Great player, always gives us that control in midfield, should keep him in the team now imo, I like him alongside devlin with maceneff in front, that's a very good midfield, Another one who needs a New deal please. 

Got to start next week, he is getting back to his pre injury best. So calm on the ball and also great in both boxes with his heading ability. Does anyone know if Beni will be fit for the game next week? 

15 hours ago, A.JAMBO said:

Devlin sitting out  with Beni back in may turn into a good thing, Pete steps into the void.

I am happy at that.

It was shown to be a good thing at the start of the season imo.

Devlin has undoubtedly some great qualities and I really like him. That said, we were better before he arrived imo with Haring and Beni in the midfield. We need depth though so he'll have plenty of game time but for me the best two are what we started the season with.

11 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Devlin has undoubtedly some great qualities and I really like him. That said, we were better before he arrived imo with Haring and Beni in the midfield. We need depth though so he'll have plenty of game time but for me the best two are what we started the season with.

Stick Cammy in a cell, deprive him of food and affection... then release him into Easter Road ten minutes before kick off on 3rd Jan.

It’s what quite a few have been crying out for - if we’re getting overrun in midfield, get that extra man in there and Haring is the perfect man for the job. 

He won’t always be necessary but him, Devlin and Beni in midfield with McEneff coming in for any suspensions or injuries definitely gives us control in the middle of the pitch. 

Just now, King prawn said:

It’s what quite a few have been crying out for - if we’re getting overrun in midfield, get that extra man in there and Haring is the perfect man for the job. 

He won’t always be necessary but him, Devlin and Beni in midfield with McEneff coming in for any suspensions or injuries definitely gives us control in the middle of the pitch. 

If we are playing three centre mids, one of them should be McEneff. I get everyone, including me, likes Beni, Devlin and Haring but they're all better defensively than they are in attack.

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

I agree, Beni and Cam have had a whirlwind start to their Hearts careers,  Beni may be out a further two games, although hoping he makes it for the Rangers game this weekend.

Pete has got to stay in. Cam said himself he is surprised to start  all the games since he arrived. This is a puzzle that has a positive side, we have choices, the issue is our midfield is very defensive minded. 

1 minute ago, A.JAMBO said:

I agree, Beni and Cam have had a whirlwind start to their Hearts careers,  Beni may be out a further two games, although hoping he makes it for the Rangers game this weekend.

Pete has got to stay in. Cam said himself he is surprised to start  all the games since he arrived. This is a puzzle that has a positive side, we have choices, the issue is our midfield is very defensive minded. 

Cam will get booked this weekend,hopefully Beni is available the following week. Then we'll have used the 3 combinations we have available  

1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

Cam will get booked this weekend, hopefully Beni is available the following week. Then we'll have used the 3 combinations we have available  

Looks that way

PhoenixHearts
2 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Cam will get booked this weekend,hopefully Beni is available the following week. Then we'll have used the 3 combinations we have available  

We already have to be fair.

Started the season with Beni and Haring, then Beni and Devlin, now Devlin and Haring.

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

We already have to be fair.

Started the season with Beni and Haring, then Beni and Devlin, now Devlin and Haring.

Think its a big positive that in Beni, Haring and Devlin we have 3 great midfielders who can play with each other.

Personally I would always try to include Haring in our starting XI 

He always has a calming influence on our play as a whole and is very handy in both boxes from set pieces 

• 2 weeks later...
PhoenixHearts

Exceptional player. I just feel 10 times more confident with him in there. He's so composed.

Baningime and Devlin are incredible but neither of them have the range of passing ability that Haring does.

I think we would have won by a few more today if we'd had better finishers on the end of some of his through balls.

He's been the best player on the Park for the much of the last 4 games.

Give him another 2 years imo. Love him.

Think he’s really stepping up now & seems to be confident to take the ball a bit more & play forward! I still think beni & Cammy are our best two in a 3-4-3 but he gives us options if we go more 3-5-2 

12 minutes ago, campbell said:

Think he’s really stepping up now & seems to be confident to take the ball a bit more & play forward! I still think beni & Cammy are our best two in a 3-4-3 but he gives us options if we go more 3-5-2 

Two or three weeks ago would have agreed with you, but Big Pete's performances have been outstanding.

I think Pete and Beni offer us more going forward and Pete can also do the breaking up work although not quite as good as Cammy.

The issue with Cammy is getting forward and passes/finishing in the final 3rd.

WE are not a tall team and Pete also offers a bit of height in both boxes.

Tough choice

22 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Back to his best. Needs a new contract.

Played very well today, swept up everything, and passing was superb.

15 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Two or three weeks ago would have agreed with you, but Big Pete's performances have been outstanding.

I think Pete and Beni offer us more going forward and Pete can also do the breaking up work although not quite as good as Cammy.

The issue with Cammy is getting forward and passes/finishing in the final 3rd.

WE are not a tall team and Pete also offers a bit of height in both boxes.

Tough choice

I get that but But think how good Beni & Devlin we before that, I mean it’s a nice problem to have if only we had that up front! I think Neilson will rotate them plus Devlin will be suspended a lot ha! I seen a stat that shows Devlin has made the most successful tackles in the league, he certainly can add more quality in the forward area but you can’t deny how brilliant he is at breaking up the play

1 minute ago, campbell said:

I get that but But think how good Beni & Devlin we before that, I mean it’s a nice problem to have if only we had that up front! I think Neilson will rotate them plus Devlin will be suspended a lot ha! I seen a stat that shows Devlin has made the most successful tackles in the league, he certainly can add more quality in the forward area but you can’t deny how brilliant he is at breaking up the play

Nice problem to have.

Think we need to extend Pete's contract.

I am sure injuries and suspensions will mean all three get plenty of game time

The Apprentice

Big Peter was tremendous today. A good job he was too as it wasn’t Cammy Devlin’s finest game by a long way!