Haring

Chaps

Was excellent last night. Broke up play very well and got forward.

Worthy of a new deal IMO if he’s willing to play back up to Beni/Cammy.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PhoenixHearts

• TyphoonJambo

• A.JAMBO

• NB GIN

Das Viertel Hearts

Haring was excellent all over the place jostling Celtic disrupting ...the perfect player for these encounters!!! Great shift he put in.

Got to say I was pleasantly surprised. I thought the game would be too quick for him but he was excellent. 

Sprayed some lovely balls and had a nice slight of foot too in tight moments.  Maybe more competition has help raise his game?

Looks like he's shifted a fair amount of weight since earlier in the season and looks far fitter and mobile as a result.

He was like the pre injury Haring last night.

Bazzas right boot

Good for games were we are on the ropes for a bit and he gives us a more physical presence. 

Overall tho, we need a more dynamic and faster player. 

Love the big guy, but he's a squad player only now and he might want more than that. 

Not that Beni has been bad but his performances have tailed off a little recently. Having a capable Haring is vital when Beni or Devlin are going to be injured or suspended or generally just need a rest.

Would be good to see a midfield three of Haring, Beni and Devlin in some games to allow us to completely dominate the midfield.

There have been some games recently where we have lost the midfield with just the two in there.

PhoenixHearts
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

he started the season well.

Indeed he did!

I think people are forgetting.

Reckon everyone was understandably just (to be totally blunt) REALLY ****ing horny to see Devlin make his debut that they were kind of overlooking Haring's good string of performances before he got benched.

It's great having 3 amazing midfielders tbh. If Haring is to be the "backup" to Beni and Devlin when one is out inured or suspended, then we're in a fantastic position.

Tell you what though... if Haring plays like that against Livi and Rangers, maybe develops a good dynamic with Cammy.. it's not an absolute guarantee that Beni walks straight back in to the starting XI😳 

What a great problem to have though.

PhoenixHearts
6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Good for games were we are on the ropes for a bit and he gives us a more physical presence. 

Overall tho, we need a more dynamic and faster player. 

Love the big guy, but he's a squad player only now and he might want more than that. 

I still maintain that he's just as much pace as Beni, maybe an bawhair faster (possibly just a trick of the mind due to his longer strides and height difference)

Covers a lot of the field tbf. Him and Beni are very similar players.

One thing he definitely does do better than Beni is he looks to get in better forward areas and generally likes to join the attack more.

Hasn't looked it so far this season but he was quite a prolific goal threat in his first season here.

I thought Him, Devlin and maceneff worked brilliantly in the midfield together, don't get me wrong I really like beni but it's good to have someone who just controls it in there, which I think Haring does, we never get bullied when he is on the park plus he s a little more forward thinking than beni even though he is mainly the anchorman, I especially liked his long range passing, which I seen him find Smith a few times down the right that helped us set off on a couple of attacks.

I would actually keep him in, think he deserves it, will be interesting to see how we set up for livi on Sunday. 

1 hour ago, Chaps said:

Was excellent last night. Broke up play very well and got forward.

Worthy of a new deal IMO if he’s willing to play back up to Beni/Cammy.

Thought he struggles a bit in the early stages but dominated the midfield in the second half.

We were all calling for more "steel" in midfield when playing away from home. I'm pretty sure, Harring sitting behind Beni and Cammy,we wouldn't have been over run in midfield at Motherwell. 

13 minutes ago, kila said:

Thought he was a little clumsy with some challenges earlier on but grew into the game and did well.

Agreed, he struggled with the pace early on and was lucky not to get booked when he continually tried to pull people back.

However he was really strong in the second half and seemed to enjoy when the pace of the game slowed down a little. I still think he can be a big asset for ourselves this season as the tempo of the games against the other teams won’t be as fast as it was last night.

Thought he was out MOTM last night and hopefully given Neilson some questions about who to play. Beni and Devlin are both good but can't switch the play and open it up like Haring can. I think he provides a bit of composure and passing ability while also doing the physical bit that Beni and Devlin do. 

I think he gives something a little different that might be the answer to our midfield issue of Beni and Devlin being quite similar.

For someone who has been on the sidelines for a while he was great. Good to see us with a midfielder who can utilise a range of passing from the 5 yard square pass to the much longer diagonals. Wins his battles, keeps possession and makes himself available. Dived in once or twice but no more than anyone else. Provided some of the attributes we seem to have lacked in some recent games. 

Bazzas right boot
49 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

I still maintain that he's just as much pace as Beni, maybe an bawhair faster (possibly just a trick of the mind due to his longer strides and height difference)

Covers a lot of the field tbf. Him and Beni are very similar players.

One thing he definitely does do better than Beni is he looks to get in better forward areas and generally likes to join the attack more.

Hasn't looked it so far this season but he was quite a prolific goal threat in his first season here.

Agreed, but I think Beni is faster at releasing the ball. 

Haring struggles when against faster, nippy players I think. 

Has to play if we are against better opposition or losing the midfield battle. He gives us more physicality in there and it also gives us an extra man (with quality). He was very good last night in terms of getting in their faces and his composure on the ball was also excellent.

if we stick to the current 3-4-3 then beni and devlin still the best two IMO but what an option to have. I think some people have forgot how good haring was for us at the start of the season before devlin came in. 

I also don’t like saying this and I wouldn’t play him for just this sole reason but he also adds threat at set pieces and gives us more height defending set pieces. We look so fragile at times with only really Halkett a dominant force in the air. Souttar much better these days and Kingsley ok as well for his height, but we are such a small team. Probably a reason why we have conceded so many from set pieces. 

good options for RN to have and shows the strength of our squad just now. Definitely worth giving another contract if he is happy to not be a guaranteed starter 

I thought PH was very good last night. As others have said, he maybe struggled a wee bit at first, but I thought his overall game was better than Cammy Devlin's. It's a pity we can't find a way to have Peter, Beni and Cammy play together regularly.

Yes well done big Pete an excellent match. His long range passing was great and something that we don’t see form Beni and Devlin too often. 

Bar the odd needless foul from holding it was a great performance. 

A_A wehatethehibs

Top player for us and a shame he’s not playing more. Beni and Devlin are both good but actually quite similar as players. Haring has something different. We just seem to play better football with him in the team, he makes things tick. 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

He grew into the game and that is a great thing to see.

Very clever player who you can see needs a runs of games.

Not sure he's going to get that anymore.

7 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Top player for us and a shame he’s not playing more. Beni and Devlin are both good but actually quite similar as players. Haring has something different. We just seem to play better football with him in the team, he makes things tick. 

Well perhaps over a busy spell of games we can rotate them. 

Is Haring as effective in the 3-4-3 formation though? 

4 hours ago, hearts00 said:

Well perhaps over a busy spell of games we can rotate them. 

Is Haring as effective in the 3-4-3 formation though? 

Was brilliant against Dundee United at Tannadice and one of our best  2 players v hibs before he was dropped for Devlin. 3-4-3 both games 

8 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Got to say I was pleasantly surprised. I thought the game would be too quick for him but he was excellent. 

Sprayed some lovely balls and had a nice slight of foot too in tight moments.  Maybe more competition has help raise his game?

8 hours ago, Thomson1874 said:

Would be good to see a midfield three of Haring, Beni and Devlin in some games to allow us to completely dominate the midfield.

There have been some games recently where we have lost the midfield with just the two in there.

He reads the game so well,  it would be good to see all three on the park at the same time but the question would be who of our more attacking options would you leave out. Devlin has been outstanding but when Beni is fit it might be worth giving him a rest and starting with the Beni/Haring combination. 

7 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Thought he struggles a bit in the early stages but dominated the midfield in the second half.

Me too, he seemed to be off the pace and not tracking runs in the first ten minutes when Celtic were all over us but by the end of the game he was the best player on the park for us.

PhoenixHearts
5 hours ago, May one-six said:

I thought PH was very good last night. As others have said, he maybe struggled a wee bit at first, but I thought his overall game was better than Cammy Devlin's. It's a pity we can't find a way to have Peter, Beni and Cammy play together regularly.

Maybe harsh on Cochrane but I can think of a way that might work..

Stick with the back 3 but have Haring play in the middle with Halkett shifting to Kingsleys LCB spot, Kingsley moving to left wing back. 

That way the team can switch between a 343 and a 433 at the drop of a hat. Haring can move between the middle of a back 3 or come forward and play between Beni and Devlin.

He is pretty much a 7 out of 10 every game he plays, has the odd moment but is always looking forward and trying to move the ball on which helps the fluidity, his size and presence also gives another dimension.  Lacks pace but has Cammy in there to do the running for him.  Hope he gets a run of games now.

some said maybe he was tired from midweek/ not suited by pitch.. didnt look like it to me  deffo should have started today

kingantti1874

We need to find a way to get Pete in the team.. it’s that simple.. 

i don’t think we will see woodburn again

Edited by kingantti1874

3 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

some said maybe he was tired from midweek/ not suited by pitch.. didnt look like it to me  deffo should have started today

Getting back to form. 

Probably should have started after his peformance at parkhead. He will start against Sevco for sure as i think Cammy Devlins booking is his 6th which will result in him missing the next game. We could really do with beni back for the sevco match aswell.

Edited by Boyces beard

Niemi’s gloves
7 minutes ago, Boyces beard said:

Probably should have started after his peformance at parkhead. He will start against Sevco for sure as i think Cammy Devlins booking is his 6th which will result in him missing the next game. We could really do with beni back for the sevco match aswell.

Devlin up to 5 bookings rather than 6 according to Soccerbase (I don’t know how reliable they are). 

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=114162

Edited by Niemi’s gloves

8 minutes ago, Boyces beard said:

I thought it was only his 5th but not certain. I think a suspension for accumulated yellow cards starts 14 days after you cross the threshold. Stupid rule but certainly used to be the case.

mickycameron98

Haring is massively underated at Hearts. I think he's been brilliant every time he's came into the team this year. Deserves a run of games.

Excellent from him. 

Hope to see him kept on because he's a very solid option. Especially because holding onto Beni and Devlin will be tough and I think our resolve there will be tested soon.