"But that's Scottish football, you're in Glasgow."

tartofmidlothian

julienbrellier

Right time for diamond Robbie Neilson, someone get the lyrics together, souttar at the back boycie in attack still works just a few more lines needed 

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A.JAMBO

• Unknown user

• GinRummy

• Shaggy2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Finlay James said:

The media spin on Celtic is outrageous and always has been.  Take Kyogo as an example, he is a quality player that has the media in a frenzy yet no one is calling out his ridiculous play acting.

Celtic have done this for years.  David Provan once got Willie Johnston sent off when Willie patted his head and Provan went down like he'd been taken out by a sniper.  I hate cheats and this current Celtic team is full of them and ably assisted by officials.

TBF the Sun did pick up on it but they took fan's comments from Twitter rather than their journo risk having an opinion. Journos are as scared of the OF fans as the officials, it's pathetic. Men are not men anymore.

9 hours ago, luckydug said:

I didn't think it was their ball to give back in the first place. 

Celtic had lost possession and the game should not have been stopped for a routine injury. 

The play should have been allowed to continue until the ball went out of play. 

Why Madden gave Celtic the restart only he knows. 

Absolutely. I am not saying the play should have been stopped. It was an outrageous decision.

For anyone interested, the new dropped ball rules below (source: https://www.theukrules.co.uk/news/sports-and-leisure/new-fifa-football-rules-2019.html#dropped_ball)

Drop Ball Rules Changes

• If play is stopped inside the penalty area, the ball will be dropped for the goalkeeper.
  • If play is stopped outside the penalty area, the ball will be dropped for one player of the team that last touched the ball at the point of the last touch.
  • In all cases, all the other players (of both teams) must be at least 4 metres (4.5 yards) away.
  • If the ball touches the referee (or another match official) and goes into the goal, team possession changes, or a promising attack starts, a dropped ball is awarded.

New dropped ball procedures mean:

The IFAB rule-makers wanted to remove a 'manufactured' restart from the game. It also removes the potential for an aggressive confrontation because players can no longer contest drop ball situations.

One of the new roles of officials in football means they will return the ball to the team that last played it. As a rule, doing so will restore what was 'lost' after the ref needs to stop play.

New football rules prevent teams from gaining an unfair advantage from dropped ball procedures. Other than the player receiving it, ALL other players from both teams must be a minimum of 4 yards away from the ball when the referee releases it.

The 'unfairness' of a team gaining an advantage (or scoring a goal after the ball hits a match official) has been removed from the game.

Note: Drop balls in the penalty area will be a simpler process because the ball goes straight back to the goalkeeper (uncontested)

Based on the above rules, and having re-watched the Jota/Madden stoppage, the only justification I can see is that if Madden is taking Jota's last touch to determine the team who were in possession rather than Haring. Complete madness. In my opinion, Celtic not giving the ball back after is pathetic, and it's behavior like that that make people hate that club. 

On 03/12/2021 at 13:52, jambopilms said:

As someone already said when Lennon was hit by a coin it was instantly a sectarian attack and front page headlines for days.

McKay ex ranger, hit multiple times nothing at all. Maybe he should have rolled around holding his face like Lennon or the Japanese boy.

You've only gone and induced a horrendous 'ear-worm'. Thank-you (not). 😁

On 03/12/2021 at 13:14, Malinga the Swinga said:

Member for 10 years with 12 posts and come out with this. You still upset that you lost Rangers previous night or something. At least make it difficult to spot. 

Was commenting with another nom de plume....started using this one for a change - hope that's okay ? (I'm far from a FHF.....was at the 7-0 game and detested them ever since !!!...took me until 19.5.12 to get past/over it)