Proud

Special Agent Dale Cooper

39 minutes ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

We gave everything tonight. Hung on in the first half admirably and controlled the second half.

Missed a couple of gilt-edged chances but never hid.

Only defeated by the shitehawk officials.

Disagree we were utter crap for half the game. All be it Celtic we’re good but how many times do we play like this first half in Glasgow. Is it the manager tactics or players ? 

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• Special Agent Dale Cooper

• Morgan

• Ked

9 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

*You're.

And it's a mindset thing. You and the others can slag them all you like, but I bet you'll never see a thread on a Old Firm forum titled "Proud" after a defeat. 

So what.

1 poster posted it most like me feel fekin raging.

Who gives a shiney shite what those clowns post on their rancid bigoted tramp sites.

Hearts supporters can post how they feel about their club how they want.

Mindset comes from the dressing room.

It also doesnt help when every half weejie and their dug wants tae be a . weejie.

Hes proud because that's defiant .

Forever Hearts
4 minutes ago, Ked said:

In some ways I feel defensive of you but you bite like fek about Rangers .

Don't feel defensive, I'm perfectly capable of holding my own. 

Your second point is utter pish.👍

LondonJambo1985
37 minutes ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

So performance and effort means nothing.

Cool.

He’s hubs. Performance and effort is everything 😂 #flair FTH 

Forever Hearts
22 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

The amount of nonsense you post on here I very much down you have many 'wins' to brag about ...

The truth obviously hurts. Cuddle into your Hearts duvet and dream of that 1-0 defeat.

2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

The truth obviously hurts. Cuddle into your Hearts duvet and dream of that 1-0 defeat.

Never Hearts **

I was raging after the Motherwell defeat but tonight I felt differant because we had a go at Celtic and should have got a draw.

Where to start..

Beaten by a blatant offside goal. So many good points to take from the game and the experience.We will do alright  with that experience behind us. Was not great but was a fighting display. Unlucky not to of pulled off a shock. Not really up or down about it, feel robbed to be honest.Celtic were dangerous and probably glad to get us behind the as well. Still got a two point cushion and a game against Livi. 3 points will sooth the biitter tatse of robbery in full view of the officials. Glad dugshite Hearts have been replaced by this group of players. Naive at times and Boyce taking to man touches or just plain predictable. Top player for us was Devlin, McKay done himself proud his treatment from the Pedos was a disgrace. Gordon Halkett stood up. So was a good game both sides wanted to win.

Celtic got the luck .

35 minutes ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

So performance and effort means nothing.

Cool.

No. What it means that if “performance and effort” means we still lose then it means we’re inferior.
Not something to to celebrate. Something to reflect on and work out how we might improve.

Unless, of course, you believe it’s part of some “natural order” we should always be second-best to these muppets.

9 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Never Hearts **

I know him, he's not a Hearts supporter, Hibby through and through. Surprised he's still here tbh.

18 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Disagree we were utter crap for half the game. All be it Celtic we’re good but how many times do we play like this first half in Glasgow. Is it the manager tactics or players ? 

Do you know what it might be mate? Have you considered the wild option 3, that Celtic with five times our budget play as well as they can at the highest tempo?  You thin? Maybe?

The reality is when that is happening you fight and scrap and stay tight. This Celtic team tires and give you chances and we should have done them second half. I actually thought we were decent in the last 15 mins of the first half. 

3 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

I know him, he's not a Hearts supporter, Hibby through and through. Surprised he's still here tbh.

6F20E63D-6F5D-4428-85B4-E5B568461D57.jpeg

7 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

No. What it means that if “performance and effort” means we still lose then it means we’re inferior.
Not something to to celebrate. Something to reflect on and work out how we might improve.

Unless, of course, you believe it’s part of some “natural order” we should always be second-best to these muppets.

I think you are confusing feeling pride with delight or happiness.

I am pissed off, and disappointed but still proud of the players and the manager. 

7 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Takes one to know one

Just now, Bull's-eye said:

That's an old picture, I believe he's lost some weight. 

Govan supermarkets do not provide good quality food.

9 minutes ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

I think you are confusing feeling pride with delight or happiness.

I am pissed off, and disappointed but still proud of the players and the manager. 

I was referring to the terms used, i.e. “performance and effort”.

Yes, a good showing in terms of performance and effort is the least fans deserve, and when players deliver this, the fans can feel proud of their efforts.

But proud of what? Coming second best yet again?

1 minute ago, PortyBeach said:

I was referring to the terms used, i.e. “performance and effort”.

Yes, a good showing in terms of performance and effort is the least fans deserve, and when players deliver this, the fans can feel proud of their efforts.

But proud of what? Coming second best yet again?

Exactly as you say "proud of their efforts"

1 hour ago, Led Tasso said:

Every time before we go to Glasgow, the board is full of "don't mind if we lose, let's just have a go."

That was a go.

Afterwards it's now, "doesn't matter we lost." Okay.

We got robbed of at least a point. We never hid, never sat in, played bravely.

I agree with you to an extent. But we didn’t really have a go until towards the end of the game. Which makes it all the more annoying that we didn’t, as if we did who knows how the game may turn out.

Not our worst performance in Glasgow by any stretch, but can’t say that tonight left me proud. I’m deflated and frustrated - because I know we’re better than that and that Celtic are nowhere near commanding the level of respect we showed them for most of the game today.

August Landmesser
1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

Yip, it ultimately meant nothing. And yours is the mindset of a loser. 

Were you proud of your lot's UEFA cup run in 2008? Or the European Cup run in the 1990s?

1 hour ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Pretty good effort. 

Just wish we could have continued our surge into the last 10 mins as we seemed to tail off after a good 15 minute spell. 

we weren't helped by the break in play by their players going down injured 

Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

I agree with you to an extent. But we didn’t really have a go until towards the end of the game. Which makes it all the more annoying that we didn’t, as if we did who knows how the game may turn out.

Not our worst performance in Glasgow by any stretch, but can’t say that tonight left me proud. I’m deflated and frustrated - because I know we’re better than that and that Celtic are nowhere near commanding the level of respect we showed them for most of the game today.

Spot on 👍

N Lincs Jambo

Bit strange to see some of the posts on this thread. Did Celtic play well? Undoubtedly yes especially first half. Were we coping with them? Again yes until they got a goal which was a yard offside. Did we play well 2nd half and were we the better team? Again yes imho. Kingsley had to score with that header. Don’t like hanging a player out to dry but he had to score. Celtic were on the ropes which, if we’re being honest, isn’t often the case there with 60k vermin, biased officials (not tonight though except for the offside), and a defeatist attitude. Pissed off with the result? Undoubtedly. Proud of the performance? Definitely 

8 minutes ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

Bit strange to see some of the posts on this thread. Did Celtic play well? Undoubtedly yes especially first half. Were we coping with them? Again yes until they got a goal which was a yard offside. Did we play well 2nd half and were we the better team? Again yes imho. Kingsley had to score with that header. Don’t like hanging a player out to dry but he had to score. Celtic were on the ropes which, if we’re being honest, isn’t often the case there with 60k vermin, biased officials (not tonight though except for the offside), and a defeatist attitude. Pissed off with the result? Undoubtedly. Proud of the performance? Definitely 

You put it much more eloquently than I.

Couldn't agree more.

48 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

we weren't helped by the break in play by their players going down injured 

All coincidental of course.

They were very worried.  Plus that cheating wee chap from the Orient!

1 hour ago, grumpyespana said:

I was raging after the Motherwell defeat but tonight I felt differant because we had a go at Celtic and should have got a draw.

Bit of the same for me. We are showing progress and seem to have a squad with a belief in themselves. When you listen to our ex captain speaking on the tv it’s no wonder we surrendered so often through there. 

N Lincs Jambo
8 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Bit of the same for me. We are showing progress and seem to have a squad with a belief in themselves. When you listen to our ex captain speaking on the tv it’s no wonder we surrendered so often through there. 

Totally agree. He was asked to call out the offside goal for being offside. On more than one occasion he evaded the question. He must be skint if he feels he has to suck the OF tadger for pundit cash 😓 Not the best attitude to display especially for a former captain 

I was hoovering the stairs when Celtic scored, went back down to unplug it to do upstairs, the bloody thing came tumbling down after me and landed on my big toe. 

I'm proud I didn't burst into tears.

True story, btw.

Edited by martoon

N Lincs Jambo
32 minutes ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

You put it much more eloquently than I.

Couldn't agree more.

Cheers bud. I have to admit I was surprised at some of the vitriol directed at your OP which I thought was spot on 

5 hours ago, martoon said:

I was hoovering the stairs when Celtic scored, went back down to unplug it to do upstairs, the bloody thing came tumbling down after me and landed on my big toe. 

I'm proud I didn't burst into tears.

True story, btw.

Hate when that happens.😐

Wouldn’t say ‘proud’ but encouraged by the performance. 

People need to decide whether they’ll cut some slack in defeat after a reasonable performance trying to

win, or just keep going default and dismiss everything as shite?

I said before the game Celtic didn’t deserve the fear factor some had about them. Yes, they’re decent, dangerous going forward and good in possession but it’ll always be about what you do yourself.  

We found more courage and composure eventually and showed you can get at them. We looked on top for a decent chunk of the second half.

We lacked a little bit more cunning and quality when it mattered though.  

Seymour M Hersh
8 hours ago, A.JAMBO said:

Where to start..

Beaten by a blatant offside goal. So many good points to take from the game and the experience.We will do alright  with that experience behind us. Was not great but was a fighting display. Unlucky not to of pulled off a shock. Not really up or down about it, feel robbed to be honest.Celtic were dangerous and probably glad to get us behind the as well. Still got a two point cushion and a game against Livi. 3 points will sooth the biitter tatse of robbery in full view of the officials. Glad dugshite Hearts have been replaced by this group of players. Naive at times and Boyce taking to man touches or just plain predictable. Top player for us was Devlin, McKay done himself proud his treatment from the Pedos was a disgrace. Gordon Halkett stood up. So was a good game both sides wanted to win.

Celtic got the luck .

The GFA assistance when required. I agree with the rest though. 

Very good vocal support through last night and we all stayed to the bitter end. I’m hoarse this morning but it’s something I can’t say has happened for a long time as our end is usually or ver nearly, empty at the whistle. The only ones leaving early were a few jambos ejected for singing about eating dogs and the stewards were quick to get them pointed out to the police and have them removed. For the rest of us who were there at the end,  we showed our appreciation of a hard fought game against 13 men. 

Proud of our efforts last night and proud of the team who put in a good shift and challenged right up to the end.

Thought it was dreadful first half and we could have been 2 or 3 down but the last half hour Neilson allowed us to express ourselves more and we could easily have taken a point at the very least. Kingsley and McKay should score but also Boyce should do better for me. Encouraging overall. 

8 hours ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

Exactly this. I really don’t understand people who expect us to go to Parkhead and boss the game for 90 minutes. If Celtic turn up like they did in the first half it’s just a case of hanging in there and trying to keep it at 0-0 or 1-0. It’s not a case of not laying a glove on them, they just have better players and the manager knows what he is doing. There movement first half was unreal, but it was clear they couldn’t keep it up the whole game. If kingsleys header goes in I think we could have nicked a win given the way the game panned out second half. An opportunity missed but can’t fault the players or manager at all. 

9 hours ago, Ked said:

He doesnt know him.

Bulls eyes a hibee.

Guarenteed .

I know him

😂

I have my doubts on that one. I know one of his pals.

Weirdly refreshing waking up after a defeat to Celtic away, and not seeing Neilson or the players take absolute pelters. Still lost though. Move on and beat Livi on Sunday please lads.

2 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Wouldn’t say ‘proud’ but encouraged by the performance. 

People need to decide whether they’ll cut some slack in defeat after a reasonable performance trying to

win, or just keep going default and dismiss everything as shite?

I said before the game Celtic didn’t deserve the fear factor some had about them. Yes, they’re decent, dangerous going forward and good in possession but it’ll always be about what you do yourself.  

We found more courage and composure eventually and showed you can get at them. We looked on top for a decent chunk of the second half.

We lacked a little bit more cunning and quality when it mattered though.  

Pretty much agreed with this. In the end I was encouraged, but by then it was too late. As you say their attack is a threat but their weakness (despite technically having the best defensive record in the league) is their defence. Ralston, Welsh, Starfelt and Juranovic with Hart behind them is distinctly average. But the reason they have that defensive record is their ability to attack, yes, but also the mentality of other teams not willing to take it to them. Like we did for an hour or so. When we did take it to them they were taken aback and we had them on the ropes for a bit. That’s why I’m not proud, because this was all known before the game and we left it until it was too late to start doing it.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

19 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Pretty much agreed with this. In the end I was encouraged, but by then it was too late. As you say their attack is a threat but their weakness (despite technically having the best defensive record in the league) is their defence. Ralston, Welsh, Starfelt and Juranovic with Hart behind them is distinctly average. But the reason they have that defensive record is their ability to attack, yes, but also the mentality of other teams not willing to take it to them. Like we did for an hour or so. When we did take it to them they were taken aback and we had them on the ropes for a bit. That’s why I’m not proud, because this was all known before the game and we left it until it was too late to start doing it.

Spot on.  

The less fear we take Into games through there and believe in our own abilities we may start getting a little more joy, especially now we are able to buy more quality in the market with our new backroom set up. 

The mentality needs to meet the standard.  I’m not saying we are getting the same level of player as the OF but we’re obviously making small steps towards a better standard. We used to punch above our weight occasion many moons ago but that comes from the management team and making players believe they can.  

9 hours ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

Good post! ...and RN deserves credit for changing personnel and formation. Celtic dominated the first half - which will happen more often than not - but, as you say, in the second half for a large period, we had them on the ropes. The team also deserve credit for the performance (I thought Haring, McKay & Halkett were superb - our best players)... and McEneff done well, always closing down and looking for the ball. Yes the whole team deserve credit - if we continue in this vein we'll get results against the uglies... the only thing that will stifle us is the officiating, like last night. Now, it appears, they don't even want to hide their bias - couldn't care less being on camera and halting play for a hamstring injury when the opposing team s on the attack! I mean WTAF!! Then give the ball back to the team with the injury. That's about as blatant as it gets.... but it'll be swept under the carpet like the 3 corners that McKay was pelted with coins and bottles... brings it to the refs attention and is told to stop time wasting... again, on camera live. These cheats couldn't give AF... as long as shellick get their result, the powers that be are happy. Job done.

Big credit to Robbie and the team though, they played well and didn't get what they deserved. We're definitely going in the right direction.