Arthur Labinjo-Hughes

Салатные палочки

14 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

A heartbreaking story of a wee boy who noone gave a **** about when he was alive. 

Rather a sweeping statement. Sadly it was ONLY after his death that his plight and horrendous treatment from his so called parents became knowledge to the wider public. His natural mother is in jail, his father by all accounts is an arsehole, his father’s slapper of a girlfriend is an evil bitch. 
whether or not the social service etc did enough will come out later in the investigation but to encompass everyone as not giving a xxxx is way of the mark. 

11 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Rather a sweeping statement. Sadly it was ONLY after his death that his plight and horrendous treatment from his so called parents became knowledge to the wider public. His natural mother is in jail, his father by all accounts is an arsehole, his father’s slapper of a girlfriend is an evil bitch. 
whether or not the social service etc did enough will come out later in the investigation but to encompass everyone as not giving a xxxx is way of the mark. 

Everyone involved in his life was what I meant. 

Apologies if you took my comment to mean those who have been genuinely moved enough to recognise his life today but its too late for him. Its still very touching though, of course. 

11 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

Everyone involved in his life was what I meant. 

Apologies if you took my comment to mean those who have been genuinely moved enough to recognise his life today but its too late for him. Its still very touching though, of course. 

I understand. 👍

I've actually felt really down since the details of this came out so Christ knows what this poor souls torment must have been like

We have 3 foster children and I cant stop the tears to think of what they went through as well.

How can things like this happen

Its pure evil

2 hours ago, otterjohn said:

I've actually felt really down since the details of this came out so Christ knows what this poor souls torment must have been like

We have 3 foster children and I cant stop the tears to think of what they went through as well.

Its pure evil

That's a great thing you're doing.  I worked with a fella a few years ago who along with his wife fostered many children over the years.  It was hard work, but he said they'd never change a thing - but he was heartbroken sometimes because of the things they'd been through in their lives. 

1 hour ago, Ulysses said:

That's a great thing you're doing.  I worked with a fella a few years ago who along with his wife fostered many children over the years.  It was hard work, but he said they'd never change a thing - but he was heartbroken sometimes because of the things they'd been through in their lives. 

Humans do so many good acts but what is it that turns some folk so cruel

9 hours ago, otterjohn said:

Its pure evil

Foster carers are worth their weight in gold. Thank you for helping improving the lives of these children who just want to feel safe and loved. Top bloke 👍🏻

I’ve read about the case but couldn’t face listening to the recordings of the wee guy on the telly so left the room whenever they were about to be played. I’m even welling up now writing this. 

I think it’s easy to criticise the professionals involved who all have tough jobs making life changing decisions that can go badly wrong either way. Hopefully the inquiry comes up with proposals that can improve things. 

I do hope prison justice is handed out on a regular basis to these *******s . 

RIP wee fella ❤️

3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I’ve read about the case but couldn’t face listening to the recordings of the wee guy on the telly so left the room whenever they were about to be played. I’m even welling up now writing this. 

I think it’s easy to criticise the professionals involved who all have tough jobs making life changing decisions that can go badly wrong either way. Hopefully the inquiry comes up with proposals that can improve things. 

If only it hasn't happened before and previous 8nquiries held. Whose findings in the past and recommendations have obviously been ignored.

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

If only it hasn't happened before and previous 8nquiries held. Whose findings in the past and recommendations have obviously been ignored.

You can’t prevent it happening completely. Why do you say the previous findings have obviously been ignored? 

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

You can’t prevent it happening completely. Why do you say the previous findings have obviously been ignored? 

If they haven't, then I am sure would have been done for this little boy.

Edited by John Findlay

21 hours ago, John Findlay said:

If they haven't, then I am sure would have been done for this little boy.

No idea what that means tbh. 

Anyway, I was waiting on my train back to Edinburgh at Livi North yesterday and a guy and his son ( probably about 6 or 7 years and wearing a Livi scarf ) went and sat in the shelter behind me.

The guy had clearly been drinking and he was eating chips and being very abusive, including swearing, to the lad. I felt very uncomfortable about it but then I heard the wee lad ask his dad ‘Do you still love me dad?’  This triggered me ( given the events of this thread ) and I turned round and basically told him he needed to really calm down and that the wee guy was clearly upset. He looked at me in surprise and mumbled something, but he did seem to calm down and stop the abuse. 

About 5 minutes later he asked if I wanted a chip, which I politely declined, but took as some sort of peace offering, though he might have wanted to get me in the shelter to give me a kicking - he was at least 30 years younger than me.  

There were a couple of younger Hearts supporters further along the platform and I thought I could get them to help me out if things got out of hand.

Anyway, a bit of an epistle but I feel better getting it off my chest. I felt quite upset on my way home thinking of the wee guy and whether I could and should have done more. Still upsets me to think about it. 

Some people really don’t deserve kids. 

45 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Anyway, I was waiting on my train back to Edinburgh at Livi North yesterday and a guy and his son ( probably about 6 or 7 years and wearing a Livi scarf ) went and sat in the shelter behind me.

The guy had clearly been drinking and he was eating chips and being very abusive, including swearing, to the lad. I felt very uncomfortable about it but then I heard the wee lad ask his dad ‘Do you still love me dad?’  This triggered me ( given the events of this thread ) and I turned round and basically told him he needed to really calm down and that the wee guy was clearly upset. He looked at me in surprise and mumbled something, but he did seem to calm down and stop the abuse. 

About 5 minutes later he asked if I wanted a chip, which I politely declined, but took as some sort of peace offering, though he might have wanted to get me in the shelter to give me a kicking - he was at least 30 years younger than me.  

There were a couple of younger Hearts supporters further along the platform and I thought I could get them to help me out if things got out of hand.

Anyway, a bit of an epistle but I feel better getting it off my chest. I felt quite upset on my way home thinking of the wee guy and whether I could and should have done more. Still upsets me to think about it. 

Your first sentence. Read the  Guardian article and the two previous cases/tragic incidents referred too.

I empathise totally with your situation yesterday.

I had an incident at the station Saturday. Guy came running for a Dunbar train with a child in a buggy. He was to late as he got to the train as it was starting to move from the platform.

He was just to late. Still confronted me by saying. Couldn't you stop the train and open the doors. I apologised and said I'm sorry but once the train is on the move that's it.

This is the bit that got me.

My daughter(child in the buggy), is diabetic and if anything happens to her it's on your head.

A. I have no idea the little girl is diabetic to begin with, as I can't tell from a child sitting in a buggy.

B. It's his daughter and therefore the child is his responsibility.

Like you said some people don't deserve children.

Good on your for challenging as its a risky decision to make . But he may think about what you said when you did. Even if not the son witnessed another adult expressing concern for him. Well done. 

WTF!!.....how bad does it get when your kid asks " do you still love me" christ if any of my kids ever asked me that I would be in bits. Hats of to you for confro ting the dude, hopefully he is full of remorse.

3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Well done for intervening 👍🏻

4 hours ago, davemclaren said:

👏 well done . 

CavySlaveJambo
On 05/12/2021 at 17:05, JamesM48 said:

Good article and spot on regarding social works role within this horrendous case. 

Don’t be fooled by deceitful parents, top child expert warns social workers | Child protection | The Guardian

And at the same time this case wrapped with guilty verdicts, the Star Hobson murder trial was going on. Killed by her mothers partner despite multiple calls to Social Work from concerned friends and relatives.  

• 2 weeks later...