• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Agentjambo

• Bazzas right boot

• Stu_HMFC

• Bongo 1874

A half decent right back, Michael Smith won't be the answer for the future, if we intend to keep going in an upward trajectory. Personally believe this will be Michael's last season with us.

The Treasurer
1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

A half decent right back, Michael Smith won't be the answer for the future, if we intend to keep going in an upward trajectory. Personally believe this will be Michael's last season with us.

Smith has a good few years left if we switch him to centre half 

4 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

One more year on his contract and he wants to see it out

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Not at right back he won't.

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

Not at right back he won't.

Thought the discussion was about whether he will be here or not. 

Another  18 months give us the chance to see if Logan or any of the other youngsters can make the breakthrough to first team regular. 

Seymour M Hersh
12 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Charles Cooke no question. If there's a player we should be after its him, an iconic talent, absolutely brilliant 

Must be getting on a bit now.

th-3.jpeg

Having a quick look at out of contract, I think Shaun Rooney and Eamonn Brophy/Zak Rudden would improve the team. Jak Alnwick would be a good backup to Gordon and Jamie McCart would be a decent replacement if we were to lose a defender or two.

Not had a look at any out of contract in England though.

21 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

It won't be, his contract automatically renews if he makes enough appearances this season ...

Pasquale for King
36 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

It’s only another year if he plays a certain amount of games. 

Pasquale for King
41 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

He needs replaced now and moving him to CH will still present a problem due to his lack of passing skills. 
Unfortunately his current one year deal has a clause in it that it will extend by another year if he plays a certain amount of games. 

Pasquale for King
34 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Having a quick look at out of contract, I think Shaun Rooney and Eamonn Brophy/Zak Rudden would improve the team. Jak Alnwick would be a good backup to Gordon and Jamie McCart would be a decent replacement if we were to lose a defender or two.

Not had a look at any out of contract in England though.

I think they will be looking down south tbh, apart from Stewart have we signed anyone from up here since Savage took over?

1 hour ago, Agentjambo said:

Who would be on your wish list for the January or summer transfer market…(sensible suggestions please).

Leave this with me 👍

Niemi’s gloves
26 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Contract expires:May 31, 2022

But reportedly Michael Smith has another year at his option if he plays enough games this year, as mentioned above and discussed previously. He’s been a very decent performer for us over the last five seasons and this season has played 18 games for us (5 in LC) and two for N. Ireland. In my view it would be pretty poor if the club tried to artificially deny him another year, as I recall we did with Darren Jackson when we had financial problems. Obviously it should be made clear to Michael that he may well be largely a back up player (and we’ll need experienced back up to progress in Europe). 

Niemi’s gloves
6 minutes ago, Butterbean1874 said:

What bout Magabi fae Motherwell??

May well  be getting a player from Motherwell in January - unfortunately Jordan Roberts’ loan runs only to to Jan 3 as things stand! 

2 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Smith has a good few years left if we switch him to centre half 

I don’t know where this centre half stuff comes from with Smith. He’s played twice, maybe 3 times for us at emergency centre half. He did okay but he’s not a centre half and there is no danger of him playing there at this level. He isn’t a wing back either and we’re going to continue with wing backs he can’t play there either.

I think we’ll keep him for another year, probably no choice due to his contract clause but he needs to be phased out before people really start to dislike him which he doesn’t deserve.

45 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Leave this with me 👍

You could just post a photo of the Barnsley Squad from a couple of seasons ago……

Unless those two pages of the annual are stuck together?

2 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Charles Cooke no question. If there's a player we should be after its him, an iconic talent, absolutely brilliant 

I never heard of the guy until this morning on the kickback haha.

Maybe a new Right Wing back - If Souttar goes maybe Smith can slot into CB. 

I would like a new CF. 

Bring back Stone from his loan and give him time in the match day squad. 

Jack Clarke at Spurs would be someone I hope the club are keeping tabs on. Similar profile to Woodburn/Cochrane/Beni and someone who would potentially be interested in coming here to kick start their own career after it has stalled a little.

Kingsley extension please.

Taylor Moore permanent to replace Soapy

Cochrane permanent.

Another Cammy Devlin.

All of the above are probably unlikely.

53 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

May well  be getting a player from Motherwell in January - unfortunately Jordan Roberts’ loan runs only to to Jan 3 as things stand! 

Maybe sign a player from them for peanuts and Roberts as part of the deal ? 

Kevin Van Veen always looks a handful when I see Motherwell play, Woolery looks no bad either. 

Edited by Stu_HMFC

14 minutes ago, cb1874 said:

Kingsley extension please.

Taylor Moore permanent to replace Soapy

Cochrane permanent.

Another Cammy Devlin.

All of the above are probably unlikely.

Why another Cammy Devlin?

38 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Well I would like one but six foot two lol.

rudi must stay
44 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Devlin's feisty and outgoing approach has him as a target for refs 

6 minutes ago, grumpyespana said:

Well I would like one but six foot two lol.

2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Devlin's feisty and outgoing approach has him as a target for refs 

Think we already have enough defensive midfielders.

A proper attacking RWB

Punt Walker, GMS, maybe send Woodburn back if he does nothing between now and January and bring in better attacking mids/inside forwards

A Big Quick Centreforward and punt Gnando

rudi must stay
3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

A proper attacking RWB

Punt Walker, GMS, maybe send Woodburn back if he does nothing between now and January and bring in better attacking mids/inside forwards

Woodburn comment I couldn't disagree with more. Very impressed with him 

55 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Maybe sign a player from them for peanuts and Roberts as part of the deal ? 

Kevin Van Veen always looks a handful when I see Motherwell play, Woolery looks no bad either. 

Woolery would have been my first choice but for the fact that he's on a three year contract - Graham Alexander rates him highly.

1 hour ago, Butterbean1874 said:

What bout Magabi fae Motherwell??

I thought he would be worth a shout also. Had a decent game last night and is keeping O'Donnell out the team.... although I think he's a right sided CB as opposed to a RWB. Looks decent though, under contract until summer next year.

Woodburn comment I couldn't disagree with more. Very impressed with him 

He's had one really good game and a couple of decent games. Other than that, anonymous. Clearly talented but has a lot to learn. 

rudi must stay
3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

He's had one really good game and a couple of decent games. Other than that, anonymous. Clearly talented but has a lot to learn. 

Woodburn will take the ball anywhere on the pitch and will drive forward and he'll shoot too. If we can get him permanent it would be a wonder signing.

11 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

A proper attacking RWB

Agree completely on RWB. Someone of the ilk of Patterson at Rangers or Ramsay at Aberdeen would transform our attacking options.

Woodburn will take the ball anywhere on the pitch and will drive forward and he'll shoot too. If we can get him permanent it would be a wonder signing.

Dropped, had a great game v Utd, pish v Motherwell and dropped v St Mirren. I don't know how you think he'd be a wonder signing when he can't hold down a place in the current XI. 

rudi must stay
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Dropped, had a great game v Utd, pish v Motherwell and dropped v St Mirren. I don't know how you think he'd be a wonder signing when he can't hold down a place in the current XI. 

Maybe they're rotating him 

1 hour ago, Agentjambo said:

He epitomises everything I like in a player.  Because he has the best engine, attitude, not to mention decent ability. Another of those in the team would be terrific…in fact, several of those would do.

Bazzas right boot

Ramsey at RWB for Aberdeen on a pre contract. 

Mcgrath from St Mirren for a small fee. 

The celtic lad on loan I forget his name, maybe as pat of a Souttar deal if he has to go there. 

Striker I'm unsure off Tbh, I'd like one in the window but only if an improvement, if not wait until summer. 

Most important piece of business would be getting some of our lads on an extended contract. 

Gordon, Cochrane, Halkett, Kingsley, Smith at least signed up. 

January isn't great for getting players to deliver instantly. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I never heard of the guy until this morning on the kickback haha.

Maybe a new Right Wing back - If Souttar goes maybe Smith can slot into CB. 

I would like a new CF. 

Bring back Stone from his loan and give him time in the match day squad. 

Give Stone time on the bench?

Why? 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, DH1986 said:

You could just post a photo of the Barnsley Squad from a couple of seasons ago……

Unless those two pages of the annual are stuck together?

😂😂😂😂