Women’s International Football

Rudy T

Forever Hearts
Just now, Jim Panzee said:

ah ok - so an indirect contribution. Obvs you could cancel Sky to show displeasure - and withdraw support.

The beeb - almost impossible to withold funding. However, am sure there's plenty of other subjects they invest money in that folk don't agree with. If only they would divert all funding for Mrs Browns Boys to broadcasting 30 minute episodes of the test card.

anyone got the email address for Points of View please?

You asked in what way do I contribute to womens football and I told you. Not much more to it. 

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• i8hibsh

• Jim Panzee

• Ulysses

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

These results in women's International football, are not all that different from the results when the men's international football was in its infancy.

I do believe Hungary put ten past El Salvador at the 1982 World Cup, and only the other week England put ten past San Marino. That's what happens in football at all levels. This season my son's U14 team won a cup match 17-0. Should we ban U14s(boys) football?

2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

You asked in what way do I contribute to womens football and I told you. Not much more to it. 

it's not a huge amount is it? especially if you apportion both subscriptions across the entire amount of content you could consume.

your prerogative of course, but your complaint comes across a tad selective.

18 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

These results in women's International football, are not all that different from the results when the men's international football was in its infancy.

I do believe Hungary put ten past El Salvador at the 1982 World Cup, and only the other week England put ten past San Marino. That's what happens in football at all levels. This season my son's U14 team won a cup match 17-0. Should we ban U14s(boys) football?

It’s not just England’s score there’s been a lot of hammerings dished out during qualifying. To grow the game I’d suggest they have separate qualifying tournaments with a playoff type round.

Forever Hearts
20 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

it's not a huge amount is it? especially if you apportion both subscriptions across the entire amount of content you could consume.

your prerogative of course, but your complaint comes across a tad selective.

It's a huge amount if millions of us are contributing a small amount, which we are. 

Forever Hearts
24 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

They are nothing like the mens results. There are three or four whipping boys in mens European, international football and that's it. Scorelines in the teens simply don't happen, or very rarely in the mens game, but they seem to be the norm with the womens game. 

33 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Aye, I came to realise that when I was about 13. It's killed me every day for the last 37 years. Damn those women.😂

I'm 28 and still await that phone call. Might slap a wig on and give the women's team a bash.

Just now, jonesy said:

Only if the warm up is taken into account by the stat geeks :( 

(Last time I was this negative before playing Celtic was 4-0 v the Vincibles, so just going to keep it up for the next 24 hours)

That's the only Hearts game I seriously considered not turning up to despite having a ticket. I would never have forgiven myself had I not went.

Just now, Locky said:

I'm 28 and still await that phone call. Might slap a wig on and give the women's team a bash.

No need for a wig. Simply identify as a woman and yer sorted. If nothing else it would give certain JKB posters no small amount of apoplexy.

3 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

It's a huge amount if millions of us are contributing a small amount, which we are. 

but the 'we' are therefore contributing millions to a raft of other sports, drama, news, science, documentary etc etc content?

of course the broadcasters can apportion those funds disproportionately, but I'd wager the yearly budget for men's football is top of the pile. then men's cricket? men's rugby, men's golf. 

back to my point, if I'm arsed enough about something I'd contact those in charge. I'd still also vent on a forum such as this too.

guess I'm happy to 'scroll on by', a la Dionne Warwick...

17 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

They are nothing like the mens results. There are three or four whipping boys in mens European, international football and that's it. Scorelines in the teens simply don't happen, or very rarely in the mens game, but they seem to be the norm with the womens game. 

Read my post again, then you might understand it.

Forever Hearts
11 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

but the 'we' are therefore contributing millions to a raft of other sports, drama, news, science, documentary etc etc content?

of course the broadcasters can apportion those funds disproportionately, but I'd wager the yearly budget for men's football is top of the pile. then men's cricket? men's rugby, men's golf. 

back to my point, if I'm arsed enough about something I'd contact those in charge. I'd still also vent on a forum such as this too.

And I don't object to contributing to the elite sports as they are self sustainable and I enjoy watching them, apart from cricket.☹

21 minutes ago, Locky said:

Easily done if you ever fancy playing in Iran, 8 of the woman's team were men 😂

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

The only issue I have with females is that I think they're rubbish at football. They are good at many other sports, unfortunately football isn't one of them. 

Tbh, in world football so are Hearts. 

If the issue is that it's rubbish then I don't know where to start. 

Should kids play football, most of them are shite. 

Juniors, seniors? 

If the issue was originally the coverage being a bit ott ( which I agree with) you seem to have gone of course now and are just ranting which would point to deeper anger issues. 

If it's coverage, aim your anger at the BBC and sky for promoting it so much. 

If it's because you think they are  poor and don't deserve to play at the level they are at, it then the debate opens up as most of Scottish football is poor compared to the global standard. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
53 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

These scores happen more frequently at school, lower league level, etc tho. 

38 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

I'll help you out here with SKY's disproportion-ising...

Mens English Football

Womans English Football

Europen Football (as long as it includes an English team)

Mens golf

Womans golf

Cricket

American football

Mens rugby

Womans rugby

Boxing

Womans Scottish football

Mens Scottish Football... I don't blame SKY here, I blame the tossers that run our game that allow this to happen via a pishy deal.

...and yes, I subscribe (albeit through NOW TV) because I like my golf and football. Still annoys the crap out of me that, while watching SKY Sports news of a morning, I have to sit through American football before Scottish football gets a mention.

Fozzyonthefence
5 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

I totally agree that the coverage is disproportionate to the actual quality of the game. It’s the Sky Sports world we live in. 🤷‍♂️ It really irks me that they probably (I don’t know the figures) give more to English women than Scottish men where football is concerned. 

I’d say the issue is more the coverage it gets is disproportionate to the actual interest in the game, certainly in the UK.  There seems to be a lot more interest in the women’s game in the USA for example but even in England, in the top league, when they’re not giving away free tickets they’re getting crowds similar to the Scottish Championship or English non league.  It really should be semi professional at best. 

A prime example a few minutes ago there on the UK lunchtime news, carrying a big story about England winning 20-0 and White breaking the goalscoring record.  Hardly anybody is interested, it’s just political correctness gone mad and isn’t worthy of a national news audience. 

And before anyone starts wetting their knickers on their PC high horse, I’ve not seen one person saying women’s football doesn’t have a place or that it shouldn’t be actively encouraged. Quite the opposite in fact.  It’s the way it’s being done that is wrong. 

1 minute ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I'll help you out here with SKY's disproportion-ising...

Mens English Football

Womans English Football

Europen Football (as long as it includes an English team)

Mens golf

Womans golf

Cricket

American football

Mens rugby

Womans rugby

Boxing

Womans Scottish football

Mens Scottish Football... I don't blame SKY here, I blame the tossers that run our game that allow this to happen via a pishy deal.

...and yes, I subscribe (albeit through NOW TV) because I like my golf and football. Still annoys the crap out of me that, while watching SKY Sports news of a morning, I have to sit through American football before Scottish football gets a mention.

well - that does surprise me - every day's a school day.

wonder if sky invest in women's football but not necessarily broadcast it? i barely watch women's football, so don't really register it on any TV guides.  

1 minute ago, Jim Panzee said:

well - that does surprise me - every day's a school day.

wonder if sky invest in women's football but not necessarily broadcast it? i barely watch women's football, so don't really register it on any TV guides.  

Being facetious was more coming from a SKY Sports News perspective, but get why some are annoyed at the disproportionate coverage... and the American football 🤬 coverage on their sports news... 

With woman's football (and I may be wrong here - not totally ITK)... I think the likes of England, Spain, America are all full of professional players - at the moment I would wager they're in the minority. Also, I'll bet there are only 3 or 4 professionals in the Scottish team... so I really don't know how an event like the Womans World Cup can be seen as a true 'sporting event' or  level playing field... hence all these ridiculous scores we've seen. Imagine being live on TV and conceding 20 goals... what does that do for their confidence?

I don't have anything against the woman's football.... but the difference between some teams and what's covered is disproportionate in itself and is probably doing more harm than good (to the woman's game.) I suppose it's a work in progress.

21 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I’d say the issue is more the coverage it gets is disproportionate to the actual interest in the game, certainly in the UK.  There seems to be a lot more interest in the women’s game in the USA for example but even in England, in the top league, when they’re not giving away free tickets they’re getting crowds similar to the Scottish Championship or English non league.  It really should be semi professional at best. 

A prime example a few minutes ago there on the UK lunchtime news, carrying a big story about England winning 20-0 and White breaking the goalscoring record.  Hardly anybody is interested, it’s just political correctness gone mad and isn’t worthy of a national news audience. 

And before anyone starts wetting their knickers on their PC high horse, I’ve not seen one person saying women’s football doesn’t have a place or that it shouldn’t be actively encouraged. Quite the opposite in fact.  It’s the way it’s being done that is wrong. 

Yeah, agree with this.

2 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Being facetious was more coming from a SKY Sports News perspective, but get why some are annoyed at the disproportionate coverage... and the American football 🤬 coverage on their sports news... 

With woman's football (and I may be wrong here - not totally ITK)... I think the likes of England, Spain, America are all full of professional players - at the moment I would wager they're in the minority. Also, I'll bet there are only 3 or 4 professionals in the Scottish team... so I really don't know how an event like the Womans World Cup can be seen as a true 'sporting event' or  level playing field... hence all these ridiculous scores we've seen. Imagine being live on TV and conceding 20 goals... what does that do for their confidence?

I don't have anything against the woman's football.... but the difference between some teams and what's covered is disproportionate in itself and is probably doing more harm than good (to the woman's game.) I suppose it's a work in progress.

no worries - I don't really see women's football on the sky tv guide either. surely must be a lot of off the field investment?

Forever Hearts
32 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

These scores happen more frequently at school, lower league level, etc tho. 

Yes, where kids are learning the game and still growing up. Womens football has been about for donkeys years and it's still crap.

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I’m not sure if there’s a women’s rugby World Cup (I know they have a 6 Nations where the gulf in standard between the professionals of England and France and the amateurs of the rest is enormous), if there is I think it will be an even bigger problem in that sport than it currently is in football. 

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

no worries - I don't really see women's football on the sky tv guide either. surely must be a lot of off the field investment?

The reason the BBC are pushing it so much is because they've lost the rights to broadcast all the sports that people were actually interested in. 

1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

The reason the BBC are pushing it so much is because they've lost the rights to broadcast all the sports that people were actually interested in. 

now that I can agree with. BBC's crown jewel of sports is getting pretty thin. Wimbledon.....Grand National......bit of golf / 6 nations rugby.....and women's football......

do they still have the  (football!) cup finals?

not quite what it was....

5 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

I get SKY through the NOW TV app and there's a 'Woman's Sport' channel... I don't know if this is the same if you have a SKY box or not... but I would say SKY certainly seem to be giving it healthy backing. And, all joking aside, English Woman's football certainly get's more air time than Scottish football both in 'promoting' and 'subject matter' on their news channel IMO. As for their national team (and ours), the games seem to be on terrestrial channels. 👍

Someone on another thread (a while back) reckoned that the WEPL got a better deal with SKY compared to the SPFL... not sure if that's the case or not (but it wouldn't surprise me.)

7 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I get SKY through the NOW TV app and there's a 'Woman's Sport' channel... I don't know if this is the same if you have a SKY box or not... but I would say SKY certainly seem to be giving it healthy backing. And, all joking aside, English Woman's football certainly get's more air time than Scottish football both in 'promoting' and 'subject matter' on their news channel IMO. As for their national team (and ours), the games seem to be on terrestrial channels. 👍

Someone on another thread (a while back) reckoned that the WEPL got a better deal with SKY compared to the SPFL... not sure if that's the case or not (but it wouldn't surprise me.)

maybe the women's game still has a touch of novelty about it?

bit hard to get excited about reporting the ugly sisters being top of the scottish premiership year in year out. 

5 pages and counting.

Great to see there's such an interest and an appetite for the Woman's game on JKB. 

29 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

5 pages and counting.

Great to see there's such an interest and an appetite for the Woman's game on JKB. 

lol

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

Yes, where kids are learning the game and still growing up. Womens football has been about for donkeys years and it's still crap.

Scottish football has also been about for donkey years and is crap. 

Hearts, relative to world football are also crap. 

Should we just give up? 

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Should we just give up? 

Scottish football hasn’t always been crap.  Women’s football has, however, it probably has more chance of improving.  

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Should we just give up? 

Scottish football punched above it's weight for many years, we qualified for the Euros and have a chance of making the World Cup. Are you seriously comparing that to the womens dross that gets forced down our throats? 

8 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Scottish football punched above it's weight for many years, we qualified for the Euros and have a chance of making the World Cup. Are you seriously comparing that to the womens dross that gets forced down our throats? 

is it really being forced down anyone's throat though?

a better comparison surely is when prince phillip died and the bbc broadcast blanket coverage of the funeral stuff (TV and radio) - for what was it - 24-48 hours - on just about all their channels?

even then, I just hopped onto Netflix / Sky and found something else to watch.

are you being held against your will, strapped to a chair, matchsticks propping your eyes open whilst someone shows you a ladies football match on a repeat loop?

you're not confusing it with North Korea TV by any chance? :)

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Nah, I'm saying if you are suggesting only folk good at sports should be televised then the discussion is much wider than woman's football. 

It's also not forced down your throat, it's very easy to avoid Tbh. 

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nah, I'm saying if you are suggesting only folk good at sports should be televised then the discussion is much wider than woman's football. 

It's also not forced down your throat, it's very easy to avoid Tbh. 

That's funny, you said earlier on it's all over the media and even at the top of the results page, above the mens. Strange. 

Forever Hearts
6 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

a better comparison surely is when prince phillip died and the bbc broadcast blanket coverage of the funeral stuff (TV and radio) - for what was it - 24-48 hours - on just about all their channels?

are you being held against your will, strapped to a chair, matchsticks propping your eyes open whilst someone shows you a ladies football match on a repeat loop?

Yes.

32 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

:rofl:

Yeah, I hate when someone comes over and forces me to watch something I don't have any interest in for an entire evening.  Sometimes they stay for longer and it ruins my whole week.

Some people really aren't happy unless they have something to complain about.

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

That's funny, you said earlier on it's all over the media and even at the top of the results page, above the mens. Strange. 

I don't like how it gets coverage and promoted over Scottish football  on sky and the BBC, but it's very easy to avoid. 

Very easy. 

I Litterally scroll or click past it with not  much difficulty at all. 

My issue is more with sky and the BBC, along with the sfa for allowing such a situation to occur. 

It's not the womens fault. 

And Nothing to do with only showing sports people  what you deem as  sufficient quality. 

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Yes.

Whatever is getting forced down your throat, it isn't women's football. 

46 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

I don't watch women's football but I wish them all the best, I've never watched Game of Thrones or Breaking Bad either, doesn't stop me acknowledging they are probably really good.  Prince Phillip's tributes were a bit much for me after a while [no problems with the guy - he supplied me with jokes for years], but I just tripped over to Prime and watched some nonsense.

On another note about high scoring games involving really bad players, I used to stay in a shared flat in Scotland Street.  We used to play at "Scotland Yard" down the road - totally anarchic, in fact I never forgot the day I managed to buy proper boots myself, must have been about 19? We played [sic] Broughton Street Punks, and they won 19-16. [Yeah jerseys for goalposts type post], but i miss these days. 

4 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Sky and the EWPL have never disclosed  what is being paid for the rights to screen the games.

2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Sky and the EWPL have never disclosed  what is being paid for the rights to screen the games.

👍 … I suppose, if it had, the meltdown on here would have made SKY News (if it’s even close to dungcasters deal!)

Fozzyonthefence
11 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

👍 … I suppose, if it had, the meltdown on here would have made SKY News (if it’s even close to dungcasters deal!)

If it was zero each year it would be close to Doncaster’s deal!

Fozzyonthefence
20 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Sounds like they have something to hide but not sure if that means it’s ridiculously high or ridiculously low!🤷‍♂️

Forever Hearts
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Whatever is getting forced down your throat, it isn't women's football. 

No more pant pishing about the Old Firm getting all the headlines and media coverage then?  After all, it's easy to avoid it.🙂

Bazzas right boot
39 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

No more pant pishing about the Old Firm getting all the headlines and media coverage then?  After all, it's easy to avoid it.🙂

You are a card. 

No it's not as I'm interested in Hearts who play on the same league as the OF. 

We Litterally play them in our league. 

What a ridiculous comparison. 

The media coverage of the epl is a similar example, and yes that is also easy to avoid. 

Forever Hearts
10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You are a card. 

No it's not as I'm interested in Hearts who play on the same league as the OF. 

We Litterally play them in our league. 

What a ridiculous comparison. 

The media coverage of the epl is a similar example, and yes that is also easy to avoid. 

Waffle.