Women’s International Football

Rudy T

Malinga the Swinga
5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

People don't watch it though. I get the sentiment about not watching if you din't like it JF but it is not as simple as that. You can't avoid it. It is everywhere. The media lead with stories from it. It very much is being forced down our throats as the modern world competes to see who can be more progressive. And it seems to be living a champagne lifestyle on the revenue of Water with a dash of cordial. We as a society are so diversity focused we just no longer care about merit.  People winning awards and praise nowadays just because of what they are.  The Man City women's team would lose to 11 primary school boys yet are all earning staggering amounts of money just because they have vaginas. The people championing this nonsense seem to be those that continually demand a "fairer society". You simply can't even make it up.  There is NOTHING fair about it.

So we stop having the different categories of sport and unite everything. No separate golf, no separate swimming or athletics and no separate football.

We can also stop para sports and have everything together as one.

That's the fair thing to do.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• i8hibsh

• Jim Panzee

• Ulysses

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It’s interesting reading the opinions for and against the women’s game on here , even from my point of view as a big supporter of the women’s game there are a few points made by those who don’t like it that I can see and perhaps agree with .

Huge score-lines that we seen last night makes a mockery of the game , there certainly should be pre qualifying rounds introduced . 
The introduction of smaller goals is something I’ve wanted for a long time sadly the cost of introducing it is prohibiting .

I too was disappointed that I couldn’t listen to the spfl game last night whilst driving .

I can see the point some make about the blanket coverage of the women’s game , but to get the game to grow* it needs to be advertised , very much a catch 22.

As I’ve said before when watching the women’s game , don’t compare it to what we see in the men’s game , embrace it as a new variation on the game we love. 

* the moving the season from March / October to the tradition August/March will do nothing to help the game grow.

The weather this season has already wiped out fixtures , trying to encourage young girls into the game to play and train in the freezing cold , on mud heaps ( not all have plastic pitches) , trying to get supporters to attend and who haven’t got a direct interest in the teams playing won’t be helped by the inclement weather either .

Get back to summer football.

5 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

It’s interesting reading the opinions for and against the women’s game on here , even from my point of view as a big supporter of the women’s game there are a few points made by those who don’t like it that I can see and perhaps agree with .

Huge score-lines that we seen last night makes a mockery of the game , there certainly should be pre qualifying rounds introduced . 
The introduction of smaller goals is something I’ve wanted for a long time sadly the cost of introducing it is prohibiting .

I too was disappointed that I couldn’t listen to the spfl game last night whilst driving .

I can see the point some make about the blanket coverage of the women’s game , but to get the game to grow* it needs to be advertised , very much a catch 22.

As I’ve said before when watching the women’s game , don’t compare it to what we see in the men’s game , embrace it as a new variation on the game we love. 

* the moving the season from March / October to the tradition August/March will do nothing to help the game grow.

The weather this season has already wiped out fixtures , trying to encourage young girls into the game to play and train in the freezing cold , on mud heaps ( not all have plastic pitches) , trying to get supporters to attend and who haven’t got a direct interest in the teams playing won’t be helped by the inclement weather either .

Get back to summer football.

Agree with all of that. To be honest re your last point, that’s a crazy switch. I want summer football for the men’s game! 😂

37 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

People don't watch it though. I get the sentiment about not watching if you din't like it JF but it is not as simple as that. You can't avoid it. It is everywhere. The media lead with stories from it. It very much is being forced down our throats as the modern world competes to see who can be more progressive. And it seems to be living a champagne lifestyle on the revenue of Water with a dash of cordial. We as a society are so diversity focused we just no longer care about merit.  People winning awards and praise nowadays just because of what they are.  The Man City women's team would lose to 11 primary school boys yet are all earning staggering amounts of money just because they have vaginas. The people championing this nonsense seem to be those that continually demand a "fairer society". You simply can't even make it up.  There is NOTHING fair about it.

That'll be why Hibs have a decent team, plenty folk earn staggering amounts of money down Leith just because they have vaginas. 🤭😄

45 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

er.....just don't watch it.

scroll down on whatever media you're looking at -  or look elsewhere.

undeniably more coverage, but easy to still locate what you want to find,

would agree on the point re: bbc scotland radio coverage.  I thought their rationale for covering the bigot brothers so much was because of the size of the potential audience. apply the same logic and surely the 'well v utd game should've been on. 

as for farcical scorelines - seed teams, have preliminary rounds etc. a 20-0 pumping benefits no team 

39 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

So we stop having the different categories of sport and unite everything. No separate golf, no separate swimming or athletics and no separate football.

We can also stop para sports and have everything together as one.

That's the fair thing to do.

You are missing my point.  I don't want to stop women's football - women are as entitled as men.  I just want the media to stop selling it as prime time viewing.  It isn't prime time, it is bargain basement and belongs on public fields.

12 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

That'll be why Hibs have a decent team, plenty folk earn staggering amounts of money down Leith just because they have vaginas. 🤭😄

In fairness the Scottish game is where it should be.  Advertised within their own clubs and all very low key.

I have warmed to the Hearts lassies I may add.

17 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Agree with all of that. To be honest re your last point, that’s a crazy switch. I want summer football for the men’s game! 😂

😂😂

Forever Hearts
15 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

er.....just don't watch it.

scroll down on whatever media you're looking at -  or look elsewhere.

undeniably more coverage, but easy to still locate what you want to find,

would agree on the point re: bbc scotland radio coverage.  I thought their rationale for covering the bigot brothers so much was because of the size of the potential audience. apply the same logic and surely the 'well v utd game should've been on. 

as for farcical scorelines - seed teams, have preliminary rounds etc. a 20-0 pumping benefits no team 

Why should he have to scroll down? The most popular and biggest attended should be at the top of every sports page, article and results service. And that's the mens game. Not some 15-0 scoreline watched by three grannies and a corgi. 

8 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Defences were on top....

Farce.

Another mismatch, as you say a farce.

The confidence of the losers must be at a total loss after that.

Edited by Harry Potter

11 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Why should he have to scroll down? The most popular and biggest attended should be at the top of every sports page, article and results service. And that's the mens game. Not some 15-0 scoreline watched by three grannies and a corgi. 

last time I did this I believe I used about 0.000001 calories  - and a couple of brain cells gave up their existence for me to achieve this.

it left me with plenty of energy and brain cells to waste on threads like this on kickback :)

Forever Hearts
5 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

last time I did this I believe I used about 0.000001 calories  - and a couple of brain cells gave up their existence for me to achieve this.

it left me with plenty of energy and brain cells to waste on threads like this on kickback :)

That's great. Can you explain why their results are at the top when nobody gives a toss about them? 

Edited by Forever Hearts

6 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

That's great. Can you explain why their results are at the top when nobody gives a toss about them? 

because it's clearly being pushed / promoted. not disputing that.

web pages change content / focus all the time.  just saying it's easy enough to move on / find content elsewhere. latterly there's been a shift from main steam newspapers (even online) to many folk getting info from sites like this, twitter etc

Edited by Jim Panzee

16 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

0.00001 % is precisly the % of the UK population that gives a **** about women's football 

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Some on here have issues that go beyond a resentment of women's football.  

Ok. It's actually wonderful, of a very high standard, the stadiums are sold out every week and we should throw even more money at it. 

If the womans game wants to grow rapidly they need to start doing top less celebrations simple as that. Packed stadiums every week guaranteed.

Edited by Sir Craig Gordon

6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

0.00001 % is precisly the % of the UK population that gives a **** about women's football 

You really are a strange piece of work. You probably just have massive issue with females in general. Spend all your time starting arguments on a message board of a football team you don't even support. I expect to probably be banned for this statement. But I do feel someone's got to out you.

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, jager man said:

You really are a strange piece of work. You probably just have massive issue with females in general. Spend all your time starting arguments on a message board of a football team you don't even support. I expect to probably be banned for this statement. But I do feel someone's got to out you.

Or he just thinks womens football is pish - which it is. 

4 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Ok. It's actually wonderful, of a very high standard, the stadiums are sold out every week and we should throw even more money at it. 

Are you and i8hibsh actually the same person. You are like a double act. And a bad one at that. Another one with female issues. Bet you are one to watch.

1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

Or he just thinks womens football is pish - which it is. 

Much deeper than that.

6 minutes ago, jager man said:

Oh here we go.   I have been nothing but complimentary to female sport in this thread outside of football.  Grow up!

5 minutes ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

If the womans game wants to grow rapidly they need to start doing top less celebrations simple as that. Packed stadiums every week guaranteed.

'Not The Nine O'Clock News' IIRC, done a sketch along those lines... except it was the swapping of shirts at the end of the match. 😂... wouldn't get away with this these days on the beeb.

Forever Hearts
4 minutes ago, jager man said:

Are you and i8hibsh actually the same person. You are like a double act. And a bad one at that. Another one with female issues. Bet you are one to watch.

The only issue I have with females is that I think they're rubbish at football. They are good at many other sports, unfortunately football isn't one of them. 

I think motor sport is shit.  Infact I think almost all sports are shit.  The winter olympics is a bore fest and the summer olympics is just games for rich kids.  No ****s given when any form of criticism is thrown in the way of anything not involving women.

18 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

quite possibly. I have very little interest. hence I just quickly look elsewhere.

10 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

who's money?

Female tennis = highly skilled

Female golf = highly skilled

Female gymnasts = incredible and elite

Female cricket = laughable

Female football = beyond awful

13 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Female tennis = highly skilled

Female golf = highly skilled

Female gymnasts = incredible and elite

Female cricket = laughable

Female football = beyond awful

just had a random search on youtube for the ladies wimbledon final 1947 - allowing for tech advances (racquets etc) - standard was surprisingly better than I thought.

5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Their football is very low skilled.  I mean if you are going to be on live tv at least do the ****ing basics.

The female football pundits are brutal too, so are most of the males, especially these newer guys.

I love how some sit at home, never played football in their lives other than in the park, out of breath going up the stairs, 20 years past their prime blokes feel like they have some sort of entitled freedom to sit and rip on women's football because they're... erm... women :lol:  

There is a big gulf in class between the teams, but considering how low the funding has been for years, it's no surprise that you get results like last night.  With better funding, coaching, and facilties, the level will start to come up, but it will take time. 

To say that women can't play football is ****ing mental, and probably comes from a total lack of willingness to engage with women other than the ones in your family.  What really gets me is the viewpoint that they should just not bother. 

Why should they not get to pursue a career that they are just as interested in as the men, just as happy to be doing, and just as proud to have a chance to represent their team doing? Just because some arsehole on the Internet thinks they should be in the kitchen or the bedroom instead?  

As it's been said before, if you don't like it, don't watch it. It doesn't impact you in any way, and continually going out of your way to have a pop at a specific group of people is absolutely bizarre.

Some "hot takes" on here are looking a bit dated, and tiresome. 

15 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

The only issue I have with females is that I think they're rubbish at football. They are good at many other sports, unfortunately football isn't one of them. 

That’s a lazy generalisation, some of them are very good players, however there’s clearly a huge gulf between the good players/teams and the rest. I suspect Scotland are considered a 2nd level team with the likes of England USA etc being level one, yet we were humiliated 8 zip last night. 

If they want it to grow globally then they need to do something about teams getting beat 20-0, and as the last 2 rounds of qualifying have proved that was no freak result there’s more of them on the way.

What’s actually quite sickening is the way England are celebrating the result.

Forever Hearts
29 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

quite possibly. I have very little interest. hence I just quickly look elsewhere.

who's money?

Mine.

Forever Hearts
4 minutes ago, tian447 said:

I love how some sit at home, never played football in their lives other than in the park, out of breath going up the stairs, 20 years past their prime blokes feel like they have some sort of entitled freedom to sit and rip on women's football because they're... erm... women :lol:  

There is a big gulf in class between the teams, but considering how low the funding has been for years, it's no surprise that you get results like last night.  With better funding, coaching, and facilties, the level will start to come up, but it will take time. 

To say that women can't play football is ****ing mental, and probably comes from a total lack of willingness to engage with women other than the ones in your family.  What really gets me is the viewpoint that they should just not bother. 

Why should they not get to pursue a career that they are just as interested in as the men, just as happy to be doing, and just as proud to have a chance to represent their team doing? Just because some arsehole on the Internet thinks they should be in the kitchen or the bedroom instead?  

As it's been said before, if you don't like it, don't watch it. It doesn't impact you in any way, and continually going out of your way to have a pop at a specific group of people is absolutely bizarre.

I've never acted in Eastenders, but I know it's shite. 

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

That’s a lazy generalisation, some of them are very good players, however there’s clearly a huge gulf between the good players/teams and the rest. I suspect Scotland are considered a 2nd level team with the likes of England USA etc being level one, yet we were humiliated 8 zip last night. 

If they want it to grow globally then they need to do something about teams getting beat 20-0, and as the last 2 rounds of qualifying have proved that was no freak result there’s more of them on the way.

Ok, I'll rephrase it. The vast majority of them couldn't trap a bag of cement.  

12 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

totally agree - like shooting fish in a barrel - why celebrate that. Is like being a fan of the ugly sisters.

Malinga the Swinga
10 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Ok, I'll rephrase it. The vast majority of them couldn't trap a bag of cement.  

They might not be as physically strong as men but to suggest players such as Kim Little, Erin Cuthbert, Sam Kerr and others don't have technical skill is just plain daft.

18 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Think this is the tricky bit. 

on one hand, there's a sense of the current promotion of ladies football has come too early as the product on offer doesn't match up to the men's game which it's being compared to. But to improve the ladies game needs years of investment...and for that you need exposure? 

bit catch-22

allowing potential 20-0 games to happen does not help one iota. much more thought needed around the women's game. 

32 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Absolutely spot on. The more established football nations are heavily funding their women's football and this is the result of that. Hard not to feel for the lesser nations who have little funding, but these results are an overall sign that women's football is on the up.

I personally don't really watch women's football, and it's easy to slate the quality at times. But it's great that women have the opportunity to live their dreams. I think too many men get jealous that women can say they've played for their club or country and they never will.

Forever Hearts
34 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

ah - how does one contribute financially to ladies football?

By paying one's licence fee and being a Sky subscriber. 

Forever Hearts
11 minutes ago, Locky said:

Absolutely spot on. The more established football nations are heavily funding their women's football and this is the result of that. Hard not to feel for the lesser nations who have little funding, but these results are an overall sign that women's football is on the up.

I personally don't really watch women's football, and it's easy to slate the quality at times. But it's great that women have the opportunity to live their dreams. I think too many men get jealous that women can say they've played for their club or country and they never will.

Aye, that'll be it. I'm jealous that they get to play in front of 50 folk whilst wearing a Hearts strip. 

7 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I think you're looking for Friday morning's inquest into our defeat at Celtic Park.

:lol: Don't be so negative jonesy. We can get 30% possession at least, I'm sure of it.

2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Aye, that'll be it. I'm jealous that they get to play in front of 50 folk whilst wearing a Hearts strip. 

50 more folk than you'll ever play in front of in a Hearts strip. 😘

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Locky said:

50 more folk than you'll ever play in front of in a Hearts strip. 😘

Aye, I came to realise that when I was about 13. It's killed me every day for the last 37 years. Damn those women.😂

5 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

By paying one's licence fee and being a Sky subscriber. 

ah ok - so an indirect contribution. Obvs you could cancel Sky to show displeasure - and withdraw support.

The beeb - almost impossible to withold funding. However, am sure there's plenty of other subjects they invest money in that folk don't agree with. If only they would divert all funding for Mrs Browns Boys to broadcasting 30 minute episodes of the test card.

anyone got the email address for Points of View please?