Women’s International Football

Rudy T

Not even joking you could get 11 overweight middle aged men after 15 pints, half a G each, a kebab, a chippy, 20 fags and a mass street brawl and they would still win by 5.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• i8hibsh

• Jim Panzee

• Ulysses

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

It’s brutal in my opinion, and to beat anyone 20-0 is not on. Have a bit of respect .

Paulo wouldn't have that 🙃

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

the ladies wont want that.. equality and that

I've no idea what the players or administrators want.  I just reckon it might make sense.

Malinga the Swinga
6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Without doubt. 

I have no problem with women playing football. Infact I love women liking and playing it.

I have a problem with it being centre stage and any female earning big bucks from it.

At the end of the day women get mega bucks from it not for their ability but just because they are women and that is wrong to me.

What an enlightened attitude. If sponsors want to put money in, if spectators want to attend and if broadcasters want to show it, then fair enough.

is it just football you have issues with, or is it womens sport in general?

Should they stick to netball or can they make living from golf, tennis and other sports. What about athletes, should they give up and go back to domestic duties?

HOnestly thought men had grown from 1970's but apparently not.

2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

What an enlightened attitude. If sponsors want to put money in, if spectators want to attend and if broadcasters want to show it, then fair enough.

Should they stick to netball or can they make living from golf, tennis and other sports. What about athletes, should they give up and go back to domestic duties?

I wouldn't bother entertaing these guys. They're just looking for a bite. 

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

You can spin it all you like, but womens fitba is utter pish. 

Their golf and tennis is completely different and I can watch that no problem. But their football is crap. 

8 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Not a fan of most sport. Infact I think 95% of all sport is shite.

You are the one with the archaic attitude fella. Just because someone is critical you start with the slurs.

Do you think someone can love women, respect women but think they are absolutely horseshit at football?

Why is it that women can watch men's football and say it is rubbish and "11 men chasing a ball" and be fine but a man can't comment on women's football without being a sexist pig?

Edited by i8hibsh

The women's game is extremely unbalanced.

Some clubs and some nations have been taking it seriously for a long time and have developed the game far ahead of those who have not.

Other clubs and nations have only just begun to adopt the game, and it shows.

Results like this are not uncommon in the women's game.

2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Their golf and tennis is completely different and I can watch that no problem. But their football is crap. 

Yup. Their golfers and tennis players are no laughing matter. Highly skilled.

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

I've no idea what the players or administrators want.  I just reckon it might make sense.

It definitely makes sense, too much sense .. but it won’t happen. 

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

yep.  Ladies professional golf is technically brilliant and a great watch

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Well said.  4,000 paying customers for the Ireland-Georgia game in Dublin tonight, and fair play to them.  When the FAI proposed to bring the pay for women internationals closer to the men, the men met them half way so that they could pay both men and women the same.  Likewise, if people like Leona Maguire and Mel Reid can delight fans with their golf, they deserve the money they make.

Just now, Forever Hearts said:

Crap because its not as good as men's? Do you watch Olympic 100m womens final and comment how slow they are compared to men. Their seems to be a number of comments about U15s boys beating women. So ******* what! they possibly would. Just like Usain Bolt ran faster at 15 than any women ever has. It doesn't mean girls/women should give up sport. You guys who compare women to men need to get a grip.

1 minute ago, jager man said:

Crap because its not as good as men's? Do you watch Olympic 100m womens final and comment how slow they are compared to men. Their seems to be a number of comments about U15s boys beating women. So ******* what! they possibly would. Just like Usain Bolt ran faster at 15 than any women ever has. It doesn't mean girls/women should give up sport. You guys who compare women to men need to get a grip.

Is anyone saying they should give up tho?

I think the issue is that it gets paraded like it is Brazil 1970 and if anyone dares make fun they are a sexist pig that hates all women.

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, jager man said:

No, it's crap because it's, erm, crap. And I'm not comparing men to women. Some of the mistakes made in the womens game (the goalkeepers are a hoot) are absolutely ridiculous. It's crap. End of. 

A woman says football is shit = nothing.

A man says anything that just so happens to involve a women is shit = 1970s nuckle dragger.

:fonzie:

Edited by i8hibsh

Just now, Forever Hearts said:

No, it's crap because it's, erm, crap. And I'm not comparing men to women. Some of the mistakes made in the womens game (the goalkeepers are a hoot) are absolutely ridiculous. It's crap. End 

Okay mate. I give up. Enjoy slating it. 

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, jager man said:

it’s laughably bad,.. of course the ladies should keep playing.. but we should be entitled to call a spade a spade without fear of persecution.. 

plenty of other ladies sports are as good if not better than the male equivalent. But football isn’t one of them.. it isn’t “elite” in any way shape or form 

3 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

No, it's crap because it's, erm, crap. And I'm not comparing men to women. Some of the mistakes made in the womens game (the goalkeepers are a hoot) are absolutely ridiculous. It's crap. End of. 

No point with guys like him. I am sure he watches as much women's football as me and that is **** all but he likes to be seen to show support so people will think he is a modern man.

Just now, i8hibsh said:

A woman says football is shit = nothing.

A man says anything involving women is shit = 1970s nuckle dragger.

:fonzie:

But that's a false comparison.

A woman says football is shit - nothing.

A man says football is shit - nothing (or maybe we don't invite him to the pub).

On the other hand, if a woman says men's football is shit and women's football is like Brazil 1970 then we should never speak to her again.  Same rule applies if a fella says that.

Forever Hearts
Just now, jager man said:

Okay mate. I give up. Enjoy slating it. 

I'm only telling the truth. The standard is appalling and the scorelines are embarrassing. 

You can convince yourself it's good if you want. 

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

it’s laughably bad,.. of course the ladies should keep playing.. but we should be entitled to call a spade a spade without fear of persecution.. 

plenty of other ladies sports are as good if not better than the male equivalent. But football isn’t one of them.. it isn’t “elite” in any way shape or form 

Okay so it's just football. The 3 of you should get to for a drink. It would be right hoot. Anyway enjoy your night.

55 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Womens football is utter pish. The amount of publicity and media attention it gets is laughable, and so are a lot of the scorelines. 

It’s absolutely right that women are given fair opportunity to play but the coverage and promotion it receives is beyond a joke. 

Especially as it relegates Scottish football even lower down the pecking order. 

1 minute ago, Ulysses said:

Which ones are better?

Ladies tennis is as good as the men’s. Has a distinctive style and very competitive (especially now Serena on the decline)

kingantti1874
Just now, Ulysses said:

Which ones are better?

beach volleyball 😆

I kid.. honestly I really enjoy the ladies golf, technically I think they are better.. 

of course that doesn’t necessarily mean they would win but as a watch I think it’s great.. can learn a lot

Fozzyonthefence
10 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Spectators don’t want to pay money to watch it though.  There’s more interest in men’s non league football in England, maybe they should be getting paid £500k a year too. 

Women’s golf and tennis is played to a much higher standard and lots of spectators watch them.  At the tennis majors the women are drawing in the same gate receipts and tv coverage as the men so you can argue they deserve their prize money (the 3 set v 5 argument is perhaps another thing though).

I don’t think every women’s sport has a divine right to be professional (or men’s sport for that matter), some really should just be amateur. If it’s self sustainable then fair enough but women’s football isn’t self sustainable, with the club teams having to sponge off their men’s teams for funding or the FA for the national team. 

And what about women’s rugby - how the **** can that seriously be professional?  Although I think it’s just England and France.  But it can’t possibly be sustainable and also just creates an even bigger gap with other countries who are, as they should be, amateur.

Just now, Ulysses said:

But that's a false comparison.

A woman says football is shit - nothing.

A man says football is shit - nothing (or maybe we don't invite him to the pub).

On the other hand, if a woman says men's football is shit and women's football is like Brazil 1970 then we should never speak to her again.  Same rule applies if a fella says that.

Ok, try this one.

Mostly every female I have ever asked thinks women's football is shit = nothing.

A man thinks it is shit = 1970s nuckle dragger.

Let it be known that the vast majority of women view women's football as I do. Why is it only not cool when the person thinking it is shite has a penis?

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, jager man said:

Okay so it's just football. The 3 of you should get to for a drink. It would be right hoot. Anyway enjoy your night.

what’s the point in pretending it’s something it isn’t..  will it become elite if we say it enough? 

Edited by kingantti1874

Just now, Homme said:

Leave them to it. We play in a league that has had two winners in the last 30 odd years.

Aye but at least our keepers can take a by kick and get it out the 6 yard box.

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, jager man said:

It’s shite, why get all defensive of it?!  Just because the BBC, etc, like to promote it doesn’t mean you have to like it.  It’s like the Emperor’s New Clothes ffs!  

Just now, i8hibsh said:

Aye but at least our keepers can take a by kick and get it out the 6 yard box.

Still reckon Latvia women would day no thank you to Joel Pereira in a wig. 

Just now, i8hibsh said:

Ok, try this one.

Mostly every female I have ever asked thinks women's football is shit = nothing.

A man thinks it is shit = 1970s nuckle dragger.

Let it be known that the vast majority of women view women's football as I do. Why is it only not cool when the person thinking it is shite has a penis?

Ah, I didn't realise you'd asked the vast majority of women their views on the subject.  That must have been a very challenging and labour-intensive exercise.  Fair play to you.

You'll have to ask the people who tell you it's not cool why they think it's not cool.  If you look, you'll see that I didn't tell you it's not cool.

Your comments about women's football don't make much difference to my view as to whether or not you're a sexist pig.

6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

beach volleyball 😆

I kid.. honestly I really enjoy the ladies golf, technically I think they are better.. 

of course that doesn’t necessarily mean they would win but as a watch I think it’s great.. can learn a lot

I really enjoyed the Solheim Cup, but if Europe's women had surrendered as badly as the guys did in the Ryder Cup I probably wouldn't.  That probably makes me a fair-weather fan.

1 minute ago, Homme said:

Still reckon Latvia women would day no thank you to Joel Pereira in a wig. 

pareira would have conceded 25 tonight.

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

what’s the point in pretending it’s something it isn’t..  will it become elite if we say it enough? 

As I said, the Emperor’s New Clothes!  We should be allowed to call it out as it is without being accused of being sexist. 

I enjoy watching women’s golf, it’s an excellent standard but they can’t compete with the men simply because they’re not as powerful. Doesn’t mean they aren’t just as skilful.  I enjoyed watching Fallon Sherlock competing with and beating some of the best men in the world. Women’s tennis - same as the golf.  But women’s football, sorry but it’s pish.

7 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Spectators don’t want to pay money to watch it though.  There’s more interest in men’s non league football in England, maybe they should be getting paid £500k a year too. 

Women’s golf and tennis is played to a much higher standard and lots of spectators watch them.  At the tennis majors the women are drawing in the same gate receipts and tv coverage as the men so you can argue they deserve their prize money (the 3 set v 5 argument is perhaps another thing though).

I don’t think every women’s sport has a divine right to be professional (or men’s sport for that matter), some really should just be amateur. If it’s self sustainable then fair enough but women’s football isn’t self sustainable, with the club teams having to sponge off their men’s teams for funding or the FA for the national team. 

And what about women’s rugby - how the **** can that seriously be professional?  Although I think it’s just England and France.  But it can’t possibly be sustainable and also just creates an even bigger gap with other countries who are, as they should be, amateur.

Northern Ireland (population 1.8 million) is planning a full-time set up for its national women's squad.  They must be getting the cash from somewhere, and they're not a rich association compared to (say) England.  If women can bring in enough advertising and sponsorship loot to make it worth having a full-time setup, good luck to them; if they can't, then they shouldn't have a professional setup.  I suspect that gap accounts for at least part of what we're seeing in those 11-0 scorelines and the like.

4 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

As I said, the Emperor’s New Clothes!  We should be allowed to call it out as it is without being accused of being sexist. 

I enjoy watching women’s golf, it’s an excellent standard but they can’t compete with the men simply because they’re not as powerful. Doesn’t mean they aren’t just as skilful.  I enjoyed watching Fallon Sherlock competing with and beating some of the best men in the world. Women’s tennis - same as the golf.  But women’s football, sorry but it’s pish.

I was cheering on Shellock. Would love her to be world number 1.

There is no reason however why she should be so pioneering tho. There is not 1 physical limitation for a female or an advantage a male has over a female to be better in darts.

Edited by i8hibsh

Just now, i8hibsh said:

There is not 1 physical limitation for a female or an advantage a male has over a female to be better in darts

What about snooker?  I'd have thought physical size and weight factors wouldn't matter in snooker either.

2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

It’s shite, why get all defensive of it?!  Just because the BBC, etc, like to promote it doesn’t mean you have to like it.  It’s like the Emperor’s New Clothes ffs!  

It depends what you class as shite. Listen I can watch any level of football whether it be mens, women or kids and talk about the game without comparing it to the football you watch from your armchair. All I've said if you look at my posts don't compare it to men's. We've had mens professional football over one hundred years at least have the decency to allow the womens game to develop before you compare it to the men's game.

Top level women's tennis is class btw. Often far better to watch than male matches.

Football not so much and I say that as a big advocate for the women's game. 

I guess it's still relatively new in many countries to have women playing football. Did men's international matches have ridiculous scores back in the day before it became a global sport?

2 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Northern Ireland (population 1.8 million) is planning a full-time set up for its national women's squad.  They must be getting the cash from somewhere, and they're not a rich association compared to (say) England.  If women can bring in enough advertising and sponsorship loot to make it worth having a full-time setup, good luck to them; if they can't, then they shouldn't have a professional setup.  I suspect that gap accounts for at least part of what we're seeing in those 11-0 scorelines and the like.

Agree with this. What is a disgrace to me tho is the WEPL in England or whatever it is called is getting millions thrown at it not because it deserves it but it is a way for super rich clubs to funnel money and get around FIFA FFP rules.

Forever Hearts

What about snooker?  I'd have thought physical size and weight factors wouldn't matter in snooker either.

Cue power will be greater from a man, and it plays a big part in snooker. 

2 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

I don't see how. Women are even supposed to have better eye sight for coloured objects too.

Just now, i8hibsh said:

Agree with this. What is a disgrace to me tho is the WEPL in England or whatever it is called is getting millions thrown at it not because it deserves it but it is a way for super rich clubs to funnel money and get around FIFA FFP rules.

You'll have to explain that to me.  If the money is spent on the women, surely it's gone?

Fozzyonthefence

I think being taller at snooker is an advantage as it means a longer reach and less shots with the rest. 

1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

Cue power will be greater from a man, and it plays a big part in snooker. 

But obviously throwing speed must mean less in darts.  Or does it?  I'm not an expert in either sport.

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

I don't see how. Women are even supposed to have better eye sight for coloured objects too.

Colour blindness playing snooker would be a bit of a bummer alright.