• Forever Hearts

• i8hibsh

• Jim Panzee

• Ulysses

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Tenor said:

20-0! 😲

Which beats Belgium’s 19-0 last week, Northern Ireland hit 12, the Dutch 11, Spain got 12. I suppose if you want to see goals 🤷‍♂️ Not sure it’s doing much for promoting it in these lesser football nations however.

It’s bad enough when you get some turkey shoots in the men’s game but the scores are even more farcical in the women’s game. 

8 minutes ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

20 - 0

11 - 0

8 - 0

7 - 0

5 - 0

Some real competitive games on tonight.

I think they need to reduce the size of the goals. The goalkeeper’s all seem to be midgets. I saw the nomination for the women’s goal of the year on Sky Sports news last night. Keeper on the line chipped from 18 yards. Nice chip but awful goalkeeping. 

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

What a joke it is, sorry I know it’s not cool these days but womens football is so different it’s basically a different sport 

Until tonight I hugely defended women's football but seeing some of those scores listed above. It's crazy. Definitely need to look at that. Seeing the BBC commentators wax lyrical is cringey too. Smaller goals doesn't change that both sides played with the same size and one had a clean sheet though, so not sure what you can do

InternationalJambo

I've often wondered why they don't shorten the size of the pitch and the goals for women's football? In theory it would make it a lot more competitive. 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, jambostuart said:

Until tonight I hugely defended women's football but seeing some of those scores listed above. It's crazy. Definitely need to look at that. Seeing the BBC commentators wax lyrical is cringey too. Smaller goals doesn't change that both sides played with the same size and one had a clean sheet though, so not sure what you can do

Fair play to the ladies but the dynamic is just so different.. I find it unwatchable.

No amount of promotion will change it, pure fantasy to think it will ever compete with the mens game..

Malinga the Swinga

Saw some of Scotland game. Hit the bar with a sitter after a couple of minutes, then gave away all three goals with horrendous defending.

Not sure the manager working out. Other than Caroline Weir & Cuthbert, he seems to have lost the big players.

Kim Little stopped playing, the Man Utd players pulled out before first game and now another couple in Emslie and Beattie missing.

Squad full of home based players which means they aren't as fit or as good. We still have same keeper who played v Argentina in last world cup in Alexander. She's too small and tonight, the second goal went in middle of net and she couldn't reach it.

Mrs Boyle also playing and she, unlike her husband, is slow.

Can't see Weir and Cuthbert sticking around playing with these part timers who simply aren't good enough.

8 minutes ago, skinnybob72 said:

Maybe they could replace the keepers with a life size Subbuteo keeper with someone behind the goals operating it? 

🤣couldn’t do much worse. 

Australia's men's team beat American Samoa 31-0 in World Cup Qualifying in 2001. It led to preliminary rounds being introduced, maybe something similar will happen here.

3 minutes ago, Captain Scarlett said:

Losing 5-0 now. The women’s football is complete and utter rubbish 

It isn't. 

It's just the gulf between nations that are growing it and those that aren't. 

12 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Fair play to the ladies but the dynamic is just so different.. I find it unwatchable.

No amount of promotion will change it, pure fantasy to think it will ever compete with the mens game..

It doesn't need to. The Scottish Championship doesn't compete with La Liga. It still has value.

7 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

It isn't. 

Correct. It’s a comparatively new sport in professional terms and everyone is developing at a different rate. We’ll find our place eventually but some countries Chuck a bit more money at it  and they are miles ahead

Malinga the Swinga
14 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

It isn't. 

Yep. We had chance when Scotland qualified for Euros and then World Cup. The SFA did absolutely nothing, I know, to develop the game, allowed manager to go on pish and slag off players, and watch as our best talent retire from representing country.

Hopefully Hearts will push on, but it will be tough as any talent developed will head down South for full time football and a decent salary. You can't blame them.

Scotland national team regressing at a frightening rate. We beat Spain last time we played them in competitive march.

Edited by Malinga the Swinga

coatbridgejambo
27 minutes ago, InternationalJambo said:

I've often wondered why they don't shorten the size of the pitch and the goals for women's football? In theory it would make it a lot more competitive. 

Probably because it would cause uproar these days. 

After all we are equal.

Rapino would be all over it 

50 minutes ago, chubby1973 said:

64 shots at goal, 31 on target😱

64 shots on goal eh. Craig Wighton would have bagged a hat trick.

32 minutes ago, Captain Scarlett said:

Losing 5-0 now. The women’s football is complete and utter rubbish 

Some of the england ladies earn up to 500k per year with endorsements.

:wow:

44 minutes ago, InternationalJambo said:

To what? A subbuteo pitch?

1 minute ago, Salad Fingers said:

England with a goal difference of 53 after six games :laugh2:

It is like Martin O'Neil's Celtic.

5 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

England with a goal difference of 53 after six games :laugh2:

I've seen lower scoring in snooker.

Forever Hearts

Womens football is utter pish. The amount of publicity and media attention it gets is laughable, and so are a lot of the scorelines. 

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

What a joke it is, sorry I know it’s not cool these days but womens football is so different it’s basically a different sport 

Its crap and I'm fed up with the time used on it Even with free tickets there's little interest but there might be something in the idea of adapting the game a bit 

1 minute ago, otterjohn said:

Its crap and I'm fed up with the time used on it Even with free tickets there's little interest but there might be something in the idea of adapting the game a bit 

Some of these 'stars' get more than most Hearts players. 

The BBC headlines them everyday.

Enough is enough.

Watched Australia v USA. The commentator was more annoying than anything.

Ball went out of play, and he called it....... "A Corner Ball".. 😁

kingantti1874

I’d say it’s worse than junior football, but that’s actually doing junior football a disservice.. I’d bet a boys u15 team would win the womens World Cup. 

Easilt

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

I’d say it’s worse than junior football, but that’s actually doing junior football a disservice.. I’d bet a boys u15 team would win the womens World Cup. 

Easilt

Without doubt. 

I have no problem with women playing football. Infact I love women liking and playing it.

I have a problem with it being centre stage and any female earning big bucks from it.

At the end of the day women get mega bucks from it not for their ability but just because they are women and that is wrong to me.

55 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

It isn't. 

I watched the Ireland-Georgia game tonight, which Ireland won in a record 11-0 scoreline.  Ireland are an improving side, and Vera Pauw seems to suit the team as a coach.  Georgia were pretty poor - but having said that the other teams in the group scored 4, 3 and 2 against them.  It was clear that the Irish team were a lot fitter, but also that the Georgians' heads went down early on.

So, there are some countries that are capable, some improving, and others have a long way to go.  At this stage in the development of the women's game that's to be expected, and it's not that long since then men's game had its fair share of easy targets around the world.  The qualification system needs to be made more competitive, though.  A national team getting hammered 11 and 12 (or 20) is not good for the development of the game in that country.

As to the size of the goals and the goalkeepers?  If a team is getting dozens of shots on goal against you in a game, it says a lot more about your midfield and defenders than it does about your keeper.  All the same, I reckon a goal size of 7 yds x 7 ft rather than 8 x 8 might make some sense.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Ulysses said:

I watched the Ireland-Georgia game tonight, which Ireland won in a record 11-0 scoreline.  Ireland are an improving side, and Vera Pauw seems to suit the team as a coach.  Georgia were pretty poor - but having said that the other teams in the group scored 4, 3 and 2 against them.  It was clear that the Irish team were a lot fitter, but also that the Georgians' heads went down early on.

So, there are some countries that are capable, some improving, and others have a long way to go.  At this stage in the development of the women's game that's to be expected, and it's not that long since then men's game had its fair share of easy targets around the world.  The qualification system needs to be made more competitive, though.  A national team getting hammered 11 and 12 (or 20) is not good for the development of the game in that country.

As to the size of the goals and the goalkeepers?  If a team is getting dozens of shots on goal against you in a game, it says a lot more about your midfield and defenders than it does about your keeper.  All the same, I reckon a goal size of 7 yds x 7 ft rather than 8 x 8 might make some sense.

the ladies wont want that.. equality and that