Another school shooting in the USA

EH11_2NL

highlandjambo3
5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

The guy posted it himself on Twitter 🤷‍♂️

Replica guns possibly……still a warped mindset though

1 hour ago, Herbert said:

Most of those murders were of blacks and they don't count.

Reported for racism (although it's probably just very very poor trolling) 

38 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Replica guns possibly……still a warped mindset though

It's a republican senator posting on his own Twitter, could be replicas, could be Photoshop, could be that he's rich enough to collect rarities.

It shows exactly where politics is in America though, for that to be considered appropriate by a politician in the days after this shooting.

2 hours ago, Herbert said:

Most of those murders were of blacks and they don't count.

You honestly think anyone around here is going to take a single thing you say seriously in this thread? The guy who thinks the US has 40 times the population of the UK including count in a sentence? 

The Real Maroonblood
35 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

You honestly think anyone around here is going to take a single thing you say seriously in this thread? The guy who thinks the US has 40 times the population of the UK including count in a sentence? 

Approximately 2,800m population in USA according to the poster.

:lol:

17 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Or the UK has a population of around 7-8 million

Its mental obviously and horrendous for the victims and their families. 

However, we are in the UK and unless people are planning on moving their lives over there I am not entirely sure why people care so much about the US laws on firearms etc. It has zero effect on us. 

Kalamazoo Jambo
9 hours ago, indianajones said:

It has zero effect on us. 

Speak for yourself.

I’ve got extended family members not able to go to school due to lockdowns and additional shooting threats, at least one of which has lead to an arrest at their school and was a very real threat.

I’ve got a colleague who is close to both teachers and students involved in the tragedy.

I’ve got to deal with the fact that I’ve got a kid growing up in the U.S. school system and knowing that active shooter (ALICE) drills are part of what she, as a 9 year old, gets as her education.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Speak for yourself.

I’ve got extended family members not able to go to school due to lockdowns and additional shooting threats, at least one of which has lead to an arrest at their school and was a very real threat.

I’ve got a colleague who is close to both teachers and students involved in the tragedy.

I’ve got to deal with the fact that I’ve got a kid growing up in the U.S. school system and knowing that active shooter (ALICE) drills are part of what she, as a 9 year old, gets as her education.

Good post.

Must be really difficult at times.

Kalamazoo Jambo
5 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Good post.

Must be really difficult at times.

Thanks. I think people are entitled to moral outrage no matter where they are, but I have to say that for me personally, this is the most traumatizing shooting since Sandy Hook.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Thanks. I think people are entitled to moral outrage no matter where they are, but I have to say that for me personally, this is the most traumatizing shooting since Sandy Hook.

👍

The Real Maroonblood
11 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Apparently you're only allowed to care about stuff that directly affects you on a personal level now.

So it would seem.

Pretty tragic.

20 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Yeah I think they need a one child per family policy like China had. Or maybe in such an extreme case even 0.5 per family. Accomplished by skipping a generation. LOL

Here's a question, does mocking the mathematically challenged pass as mocking the afflicted so to speak? Though in saying that I think this is the first time I have ever done it. A first offence.

Edited by JFK-1

The Real Maroonblood
11 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Yeah I think they need a one child per family policy like China had. Or maybe in such an extreme case even 0.5 per family. Accomplished by skipping a generation. LOL

Here's a question, does mocking the mathematically challenged pass as mocking the afflicted so to speak? Though in saying that I think this is the first time I have ever done it. A first offence.

Bad you.

😉

21 hours ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Speak for yourself.

What's stopping you from emigrating from the USA?

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Apart from his American family and a good job with a settled life? 

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

I'm sure he could get that in another country that is not so trigger happy as his current one. Where a 9yr old school pupil doesn't have to do Alice drills.

On 05/12/2021 at 02:18, highlandjambo3 said:

Not sure of the authenticity of this picture, the gun bottom left is an M60 belt fed medium machine gun used by the military and the bottom right is a Thompson machine gun, circular magazine type of thing (think Chicago gangster/untouchables), You could not buy these over the shelf in America.  

Girls face in the middle looks stuck on.

They are all still a bunch of bampots though.

Ahem...

Clicky

highlandjambo3
42 minutes ago, trotter said:

Ahem...

Clicky

Ok,

I stand corrected.  I am likely basing my information on old legislation.

Just goes to show how messed up these people really are.  You declare a reason for purchasing a gun I.e : pistol for self protection, target shooting or a hunting rifle for hunting, target shooting etc…..M60 fully automatic at about 1200 rounds per minute and a range of 1800m what sensible reason could you give for owning one of these?

46 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Ok,

I stand corrected.  I am likely basing my information on old legislation.

Just goes to show how messed up these people really are.  You declare a reason for purchasing a gun I.e : pistol for self protection, target shooting or a hunting rifle for hunting, target shooting etc…..M60 fully automatic at about 1200 rounds per minute and a range of 1800m what sensible reason could you give for owning one of these?

Agreed. The fact you can get military grade 50 cal sniper rifles as well staggers me. 

On 04/12/2021 at 23:33, Tazio said:

And in the week kids are killed in a school a ****wit politician puts this on Twitter. 

D973A529-3994-481D-B33A-494C8BE8A9A1.jpeg

The fact not one family member questioned if this was a good idea leads me to think stupid is genetic...

7 hours ago, Spellczech said:

The fact not one family member questioned if this was a good idea leads me to think stupid is genetic...

In my view it doesn't need to be a week in which kids are killed in a school. They would look ridiculous at any time but I do agree the timing was inappropriate. Or at least for normal people it was.

highlandjambo3
10 hours ago, trotter said:

Agreed. The fact you can get military grade 50 cal sniper rifles as well staggers me. 

Agreed…….just a small point fyi (and others) it’s a common misunderstanding that the weapon* is the sniper, that’s wrong, it’s the person that’s the sniper………the weapon used can be any rifle.  Our military used the 303 bolt action rifle up until the late 70’s as its sniper weapon because of its accuracy.  This is the rifle used during WW2.

More info:

I never actually did any sniper training during my time in the military but I did assist in a sniper training cadre in Bosnia with two sniper instructors who were pre training about a dozen guys in preparation of their sniper course at Warminster (UK sniper school).  

I can tell you it’s one of the most under rated skills in the military and, extremely difficult.  Hitting the target is around the last 5% of the whole scenario.  There’s  camouflage and concealment, navigation (from the prone position) judging distance, target selection, route selection, observation, extraction, shot accuracy.  It’s not a suicide job, there is a planned extraction to get out after you engage a target.  To successfully pass a scenario, you are given a mission to get to a particular point without being seen (involves a lot of time crawling)*,  you then fire a shot at a target whilst observers are scanning the area.  The key point for success is that you need to fire a second shot (which you wouldn’t do in reality) except this time all the observers are now looking generally in your direction after the first shot has been fired, the observers are looking for a muzzle flash, smoke etc from the second shot and, if they see you the games over.

* 50 caliber is a very Americanism thing, big and overpowering.  Imaging dragging the your cars spare wheel across a football pitch whilst crawling and you’ll get an idea of what I’m on about.  The 50 cal was initially introduced as light anti armour weapon.  It’s not a preferred sniper rifle.

6 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Agreed…….just a small point fyi (and others) it’s a common misunderstanding that the weapon* is the sniper, that’s wrong, it’s the person that’s the sniper………the weapon used can be any rifle.  Our military used the 303 bolt action rifle up until the late 70’s as its sniper weapon because of its accuracy.  This is the rifle used during WW2.

More info:

I never actually did any sniper training during my time in the military but I did assist in a sniper training cadre in Bosnia with two sniper instructors who were pre training about a dozen guys in preparation of their sniper course at Warminster (UK sniper school).  

I can tell you it’s one of the most under rated skills in the military and, extremely difficult.  Hitting the target is around the last 5% of the whole scenario.  There’s  camouflage and concealment, navigation (from the prone position) judging distance, target selection, route selection, observation, extraction, shot accuracy.  It’s not a suicide job, there is a planned extraction to get out after you engage a target.  To successfully pass a scenario, you are given a mission to get to a particular point without being seen (involves a lot of time crawling)*,  you then fire a shot at a target whilst observers are scanning the area.  The key point for success is that you need to fire a second shot (which you wouldn’t do in reality) except this time all the observers are now looking generally in your direction after the first shot has been fired, the observers are looking for a muzzle flash, smoke etc from the second shot and, if they see you the games over.

* 50 caliber is a very Americanism thing, big and overpowering.  Imaging dragging the your cars spare wheel across a football pitch whilst crawling and you’ll get an idea of what I’m on about.  The 50 cal was initially introduced as light anti armour weapon.  It’s not a preferred sniper rifle.

The 303 was my issued weapon throughout my brief service, it was accurate, reliable, easy to maintain, and had some changes from the weapon used in WW1 also.

I used to drill with the Lee Enfield 303 when in the sea cadets. When I joined the proper Navy it was the SLR.

For both drilling and firing.

When I did the Lord Mayor's parade and Cenotaph in 1986. There was none of this change arms malarkey whilst marching. Rifle with bayonet attached stayed in your right hand and arm.