29 minutes ago, kila said:

Woodburn         Boyce

McEneff

Cochrane        Devlin           Beni           Smith

Kingsley      Halkett         Souttar

Gordon

That's the team for me except......

Switch Mackay for Woodburn.

Barrie has looked the only player in recent weeks with the ability to make a killer pass, and as chances are normally fairly limited against Septic I think we need his creativity.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Bongo 1874

• Hearts007

Tom Hardy’s Dug
54 minutes ago, kila said:

Woodburn         Boyce

McEneff

Gordon

was about to post this

keeps the formation everyone trains to but is arguably a bit less open than normal and more capable of compacting/filling midfield as required.

can also see the alternative of McKay for Woodburn for a bit more of an out ball/more pace up top.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

1 hour ago, kila said:

Woodburn         Boyce

McEneff

Gordon

Would take that. I think we need a ball carrier through the centre, not just people who close down and sit in but also someone with the natural mindset that wants to look forward in possession. 

I know McEneff has hardly played but we know his style.

He’ll try and get beyond Boyce given the chance. We need to drag Celtic back into their own half as much as we need to defend ours.  Personally would have Ginelly instead of Woodburn. He has his flaws but Gino isn’t soft and he’ll run the back line.  We need something to aim at, but someone who is going to pull wider than Boyce who mostly drops to look for the ball in front of him.

Thats also a hard working trio with Beni, Devlin and McEneff.  We need workrate. 

Edited by Debut 4

LungsOfMidlothian

Going to go to this.

Can I buy under 16 instead of adult and get away with it do you think? Less money to celtic and saves my pocket. 

1 hour ago, martoon said:

I didn't say we had.

Nor did I suggest all guns blazing.

I did suggest that our safety first approach gets us nowhere. It rarely does. We've lost already if Neilson approaches this game as he usually does and Levein always did.

Why don't people read what's written?

What approach would you take? Hearts have been pumped in Glasgow under every manager during my lifetime, why single out Levein and Neilson? 

Wide two up high and wide central forward drops deeper. I'd think Ginelly and Mackay with Woodburn in the middle, though Boyce has been getting deeper each week. Usual two in the middle of midfield Smith and Cochrane wing backs with Kingsley and Souttar either side of Halkett with God behind it all. Take a 2-0 win and move on......

20 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We've played at Hampden, Ibrox and Parkhead against the Old Firm since Robbie returned and not endured an embarrassing score line yet. Stendel went in all guns blazing and we got scudded 5-0 ...

As did levein https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46000442&ved=2ahUKEwiW3NHHs770AhWlQkEAHf9HAKoQFnoECCIQAQ&usg=AOvVaw2fY-JLT_u_yLkBn8thnqpq

Infact so did Bob https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30166217&ved=2ahUKEwjVzeKUtL70AhVODewKHRdIApQQFnoECBgQAQ&usg=AOvVaw24W3ktnBVM7Ccw38Di0Yvi

I’d change shape definitely. Celtic’s danger is the front 3. Jota, Abada and Kygo are on fire at the moment. Our 343 would quickly turn into a 523 as we’ve seen already. 

451 for me. Just ask our fullbacks to defend and leave no gaps. We are a match for them in midfield so not worried about getting outplayed in that department anymore. We will need a bit of luck no doubt about it but I do think we will get a positive result.

Gordon

Smith Halkett Souttar Kingsley 

Gino Beni Haring Devlin McKay 

Boyce

Edited by DS98

7 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Did you really just upload a game from 2014 to try and make a point? SEVEN YEARS AGO. We were in a different league with a completely different set of players, backroom staff and financial position. 

That’s cringe even for you mate.

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

This is a new low, even for JKB. You should be thoroughly embarrassed and ashamed of yourself. 

Name dropping one person but won't name the other two 🤔 bias much? 

Just now, DS98 said:

Did you really just upload a game from 2014 to try and make a point? SEVEN YEARS AGO. We were in a different league with a completely different set of players, backroom staff and financial position. 

Facts 👍

Just now, DS98 said:

Sorry fella you're just another who bites the dust unfortunately, 

The game was 7 years ago yes but it did happen. 

I see how you blatantly ignore the fact that the game levein managed we were top of the league 😁 but it's fine I'll show yous two up for what you really are a certain agenda being driven here, 

Honestly we have parked the bus and been scudded 5-0, and went and attacked and been beat 5-0 that's my point. 

So does it really matter if we attack or defend personally i would like us to attack, what do we have to lose. 

But Bob won't and you will see that. 

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Sorry fella you're just another who bites the dust unfortunately, 

The game was 7 years ago yes but it did happen. 

I see how you blatantly ignore the fact that the game levein managed we were top of the league 😁 but it's fine I'll show yous two up for what you really are a certain agenda being driven here, 

Honestly we have parked the bus and been scudded 5-0, and went and attacked and been beat 5-0 that's my point. 

So does it really matter if we attack or defend personally i would like us to attack, what do we have to lose. 

But Bob won't and you will see that. 

You’re a weird guy. 

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

That's correct but you name dropped one manager's results against said team but forgot to mention Bob and Leveins results, so rather than show bias i thought I would add to you're great discussion. 

You then proceded to call me an imbecile and said the MODS are aware of my stupidity, care to elaborate on that sir? 

The discussion was about Neilson's Old Firm results since his return. The YouTube videos you posted had absolutely no relevance. I'm not sure exactly which point requires elaborated upon? 

The discussion was about Neilson's Old Firm results since his return. The YouTube videos you posted had absolutely no relevance. I'm not sure exactly which point requires elaborated upon? 

Yeah I'll help you out on that 

Celtic league neilson 1 on Thurs it will be Celtic 1

In the cup celtic 1 neilson 0

Ranger's away draw that's his old firm results since Coming back 

And you could argue he has a better team now than both Levein and Stendel had. 

Anyway let's see what happens Thursday. 

InternationalJambo
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Yeah I'll help you out on that 

Celtic league neilson 1 on Thurs it will be Celtic 1

In the cup celtic 1 neilson 0

Ranger's away draw that's his old firm results since Coming back 

And you could argue he has a better team now than both Levein and Stendel had. 

Anyway let's see what happens Thursday. 

Your mask is slipping here, Bongo.

We could play well and there will still be slavers everywhere after the match.

One of those no win games, unless we win, then it'll be mostly a win game 🤣

Already scored a couple of goals there this season bettered only by Bayer Leverkusen. 

6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

That's correct but you name dropped one manager's results against said team but forgot to mention Bob and Leveins results, so rather than show bias i thought I would add to you're great discussion. 

You then proceded to call me an imbecile and said the MODS are aware of my stupidity, care to elaborate on that sir? 

If he called you an imbecile as a statement of fact then I'm not seeing what the problem is Bongo.

Just now, Bull's-eye said:

If he called you an imbecile as a statement of fact then I'm not seeing what the problem is Bongo.

Okay Judge Rinder. 

44 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

What approach would you take? Hearts have been pumped in Glasgow under every manager during my lifetime, why single out Levein and Neilson? 

Not my job.

Levein had a terrible record at Celtic and Rangers. Damage limitation was the limitation of his ambitions. Even in a League Cup semi at Hampden vs. the latter.

Neilson is the current coach and gets it wrong almost every time too. 

No Hearts boss in my time has a great record in these games but Doddie, Jordan, JJ, Robbo, Sergio etc. had a far better approach with better results than Levein and Neilson.

It's that simple.

19 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I was engaged in a debate with another poster, you interjected with YouTube videos of Hearts getting pumped! 

Get tae yer bed.

We're not engaged in a debate.

You asking daft questions because you're Robbie/CL nerve has been touched is not a debate.

Just now, martoon said:

You asking daft questions because you're Robbie/CL nerve has been touched is not a debate.

Spot on. 

4 minutes ago, martoon said:

Not my job.

Levein had a terrible record at Celtic and Rangers. Damage limitation was the limitation of his ambitions. Even in a League Cup semi at Hampden vs. the latter.

Neilson is the current coach and gets it wrong almost every time too. 

No Hearts boss in my time has a great record in these games but Doddie, Jordan, JJ, Robbo, Sergio etc. had a far better approach with better results than Levein and Neilson.

It's that simple.

Has Neilson not only lost one game

against Rangers as Hearts manager? He's also P1 W1 L0 against Celtic in the Premiership this  time around. I would be very surprised if Neilson has the worst record out of all the managers you've just listed. Did you do a 'simple' fact check before posting? 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, mickycameron98 said:

This whole Bob chat has to stop. Cringey

I agree. 

Bobmeister is far better

August Landmesser
41 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Facts 👍

Pitiful to watch your vendetta against Robbie.

That 0-4 game was when we went down to 10 men after 8 minutes, and in a season when it had been explicitly stated by coaching staff and board that the only objective was promotion. That objective was achieved about as early as it could've been.

You're pathetic.

Anyway, on topic probably a frustrating 2-1 loss on Thursday. Hopefully no injuries or red cards (for us anyway).

6 minutes ago, martoon said:

Not as daft as making things up to have a pop at Neilson ...

InternationalJambo
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Sorry I've come to back to this what mask is that, I'm genuinely intrigued as to what you are trying to say here? 

Are you in someway implying I'm some sort of undercover Hobo? 

No. I'm suggesting that your backing of the management team appears to be false. 

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Has Neilson not only lost one game

against Rangers as Hearts manager? He's also P1 W1 L0 against Celtic in the Premiership this  time around. I would be very surprised if Neilson has the worst record out of all the managers you've just listed. Did you do a 'simple' fact check before posting? 

Woeful first half in the Cup final, dreadful first half in the League Cup tie. 

True, we fought back in the second half of those games and ended up losing narrowly but that was my point in the op: start the game with the right approach instead of waiting until the damage is done.

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Not as daft as making things up to have a pop at Neilson ...

Neilson's approach is spot on?

Is that what you're saying?

1 minute ago, martoon said:

True, we fought back in the second half of those games and ended up losing narrowly but that was my point in the op: start the game with the right approach instead of waiting until the damage is done.

P2 W1 L1 GF5 GA5

1 minute ago, martoon said:

Neilson's approach is spot on?

Is that what you're saying?

We've won one and drawn one against the Old Firm so far in the league. Not much to criticise so far ...

You realise some teams, especially good teams don't allow you to 'start with the right approach'?

kingantti1874

Id move to a 3-5-2 put Haring midfield to help Beni and Devlin.  

And I’d make sure we have as much pace on the pitch as possible to stop their fullbacks pushing on

4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

P2 W1 L1 GF5 GA5

PLD 8 W1 D2 L5

Neilson's record in Glasgow v. Celtic and Rangers. 

It's that poor record I was specifically referring to in the op. Anything else is what you've chosen to add.

I won't even bother checking Levein's record in Glasgow vs. the OF.

The thread's taken a bad enough turn without going into that monstrosity.

Just now, August Landmesser said:

Pitiful to watch your vendetta against Robbie.

That 0-4 game was when we went down to 10 men after 8 minutes, and in a season when it had been explicitly stated by coaching staff and board that the only objective was promotion. That objective was achieved about as early as it could've been.

You're pathetic.

Anyway, on topic probably a frustrating 2-1 loss on Thursday. Hopefully no injuries or red cards (for us anyway).

I have no vendetta i want the best for Hearts. 

9 minutes ago, Homme said:

You realise some teams, especially good teams don't allow you to 'start with the right approach'?

Doesn't mean you have to start a game in a way that accommodates them. Giving up possession and camping out in our own half almost always fails.

Other teams manage to land punches through there, why can't we?

We often do, tbf (3-3 Cup final, 2-3 League Cup tie), but we ultimately gave ourselves too much to do and lost.

I'm no tactical expert, not paid to be, but persisting with a tried, tested, failing approach is as frustrating as it is predictable.

8 minutes ago, martoon said:

PLD 8 W1 D2 L5

Neilson's record in Glasgow v. Celtic and Rangers. 

It's that poor record I was specifically referring to in the op. Anything else is what you've chosen to add.

I won't even bother checking Levein's record in Glasgow vs. the OF.

The thread's taken a bad enough turn without going into that monstrosity.

Is that a poor record in comparison to other Hearts managers though?

Just now, InternationalJambo said:

No. I'm suggesting that your backing of the management team appears to be false. 

You're entitled to you're opinion mate, what i would say when supporters are questioned about going to support Hearts, and the current manager says if you want a team that wins all the time go watch the Manchester teams? Sorry that doesn't sit with me. 

Then to come out with a comment later saying we can challenge for the league? So it appears the fans were right all along. 

But rather than have the courage to admit they were right, when everything is rosy you try jump on it, sorry i don't like fake people. 

Hold you're hands up when wrong and get praise when right 👍

Is that a poor record in comparison to other Hearts managers though?

I would think so.

You can waste the rest of your evening checking it out but I'm not.

Nor will I waste another second with you.

Just now, martoon said:

I would think so.

You can waste the rest of your evening checking it out but I'm not.

Nor will I waste another second with you.

Aye probably best to bow out before any facts start getting in the way ...

4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Aye probably best to bow out before any facts start getting in the way ...

I'm not wrong until you prove otherwise.

I'm not wrong until you prove otherwise.

Stendel had a 100% loss record in Glasgow. Paulo Sergio lost both games at Parkhead, without us even scoring...

22 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I have no vendetta i want the best for Hearts. 

Your mask is round your chin, Ringo.