• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Bongo 1874

• Hearts007

Hackney Hearts
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Over cooked was the headline. In the article it suggested no one should bother about the offside because Forrest should have scored anyway when he hit the post. Celtic were so dominant at that point Hearts would have been thrashed if that had gone in. Kind of the Celtic manager's point that it didn't matter because Celtic were so dominant they deserved the win. 

Aarrgh! That's why I was glad I couldn't read past the headline. 

Coulda woulda shoulda - that's football. And the "goal" was a yard offside.

Hackney Hearts
59 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Written by Andrew Smith

His name will also go on the list.

What is it?

Don't tell him, Smith!

Smith!

48 minutes ago, robroy1874 said:

So much to be angry about last night. The goal was clearly offside, not even close to marginal. The referee seemed completely disinterested in the bottle throwing (and other objects) incidents. The BBC and general media seem to ignore or downplay the disgusting behaviour of these vermin. We should ban them from Tynecastle. I would happily pay a premium for these games to have them banned. We would also save on costs for policing, for disinfecting the seats after they leave and for the damage they cause, including the filth they smear on the toilet walls. Who needs these scum anywhere near Tynecastle?

Arguably the worst decision last night was stopping play when the Celtic player pulled up. Hearts were in on the box and then he gave the drop ball to Celtic. At least the offside was tight.

Over cooked was the headline. In the article it suggested no one should bother about the offside because Forrest should have scored anyway when he hit the post. Celtic were so dominant at that point Hearts would have been thrashed if that had gone in. Kind of the Celtic manager's point that it didn't matter because Celtic were so dominant they deserved the win. 

Just unreal from that rag. Even going down that line with a final score of 1-0. Seen it done before with 3 or 4 but that is nauseating. 

Just unreal from that rag. Even going down that line with a final score of 1-0. Seen it done before with 3 or 4 but that is nauseating. Written by Smith, formerly Celtic View. How the **** does such juvenile pish get past an editor.

Edited by Riccarton3

I noticed another BBC article which bizarrely went into great detail about McKay's career. Completely irrelevant to being  hit by a bottle. A better follow up to the incident would be a bit of analysis of the green brigade surely

Edited by Riccarton3

Sorry but on last night and even rangers game it seems the spfl are shit scared someone apart from the big 2 win the league and have told officials to have a helping hand awee nudge here and there in their favour to make it impossible for that to happen. In the closest season in years competitive wise just think if rangers don't get that champions League money, they may desperately need it with overspending. What would that do to the corrupt SPL if someone like hearts or anyone else won the league especially in the times we are in with teams losing money from Covid . Could send rangers back to where they were and hurt Celtic financially too in the long run. So i would put my house on officials been told to give these teams a helping hand. It's so much more obvious this season as the desperation to have it their way is more than ever with the risks involved. If nobody can see that after last night they're blind. Blatand cheating and more or less match fixing from the refs no wonder Robbie said he would go to jaIl as its probably exactly what I'm saying here absolute ****in joke 

23 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Cellic minded journalism 

The Verdict

Camera angles were inconclusive on whether Kyogo was offside, but it was certainly very tight.

Judging by the cut of the grass the Celtic striker appears to just be in line with Ralston as he sent the ball into the box.

Only if you have a squint in your eye, idiot!!

And the writer

AIDEN ****ING SMITH.

Edited by Tommy Brown

Forever Hearts
22 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Didn't rangers beat hibs recently with another highly suspect penalty?

Nah, it was a stonewaller. 

14 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Cellic minded journalism 

The Verdict

Camera angles were inconclusive on whether Kyogo was offside, but it was certainly very tight.

Judging by the cut of the grass the Celtic striker appears to just be in line with Ralston as he sent the ball into the box.

Only if you have a squint in your eye, idiot!!

And the writer

AIDEN ****ING SMITH.

Andrew Smith - Celtic fan

1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

No Aiden Smith Hibs bassa

Screenshot_20211203-203332_Chrome.jpg

Wow, my apologies. Never associated him with the Herald if that's the source. The desperation to seek doubt would be funny if not so sad

1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

He was only 1 yard offside Robbie - too close to call for my Celtic supporting linesman

20211203_204605.jpg

Bitton looks like he's just pulled in a nightclub.

Maroon Sailor
Just now, heartsfc_fan said:

Bitton looks like he's just pulled in a nightclub.

Aye - The Blue Oyster

13 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

He was only 1 yard offside Robbie - too close to call for my Celtic supporting linesman

20211203_204605.jpg

Definite nightclub scene - one couple slow-dancing whilst bouncer threatens the dapper bloke who's just collected his coat

17 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

This really annoys me as it happens all the time by pundits and media.   Rangers and Celtic always have the stats in their favour, they dominate most games.   So any controversial incidents in their favour gets written off as ‘that goal might have been off side, or it was soft penalty and I’ve seen them given but they dominated the game anyway and deserved the points.

The focus is taken away from the big decisions that go their way because of this.   It doesn’t matter how many chances you’ve had,  you have to score more valid goals than the opposition and Celtic didn’t do this on Thu,  they got 2 points gifted to them.  

24 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

This really annoys me as it happens all the time by pundits and media.   Rangers and Celtic always have the stats in their favour, they dominate most games.   So any controversial incidents in their favour gets written off as ‘that goal might have been off side, or it was soft penalty and I’ve seen them given but they dominated the game anyway and deserved the points.

The focus is taken away from the big decisions that go their way because of this.   It doesn’t matter how many chances you’ve had,  you have to score more valid goals than the opposition and Celtic didn’t do this on Thu,  they got 2 points gifted to them.  

They got 3pts gifted to them.

Why not criticise James Forest for missing two sitters, or better still praise Craig Gordon's goalkeeping.

The stats say Celtic had 25 shots at goal. 5 on target. That means 20 were not. So why not ask questions as to why Celtic only got 1/5 20% of their shots on target. Only in the eyes of the Scottish media are they above criticism.

Gies ye the boak.

On 03/12/2021 at 09:45, Tommy Brown said:

As someone who has run the line plenty. You stay on Hearts last man.

You are saying to yourself "offside" as Ralston gets the ball.

It's still clear that Kyogo is ahead of the ball, your repeating to yourself "offside".

Ralston plays it. You can never say to yourself that Kyogo has got back behind the ball.

Terrible.

That is the most sensible explanation, thanks. No excuses. It also blows any notion that the assistant ref was not well placed into next week. He was bang on the line (as can be seen from the stills, certainly neither ahead of the line nor view impeded) and your description sums it up perfectly.

We move on.

As an aside; I've not kept up with the various threads so this might've already been commented on but, having been listening to the radio, it seems that the ref has held his hands up and admitted to having got the drop ball incident wrong. As usual, too late! But, at least it has been acknowleged.

4 hours ago, John Findlay said:

They got 3pts gifted to them.

Why not criticise James Forest for missing two sitters, or better still praise Craig Gordon's goalkeeping.

The stats say Celtic had 25 shots at goal. 5 on target. That means 20 were not. So why not ask questions as to why Celtic only got 1/5 20% of their shots on target. Only in the eyes of the Scottish media are they above criticism.

Gies ye the boak.

I'm still boaking but, d'ya know what? If that numpty of a Sellick manager had simply said, "Yeah, mate; we got away with that one. Fair play to Hearts. We were dominant but frustrated by teriffic defending and could've been undone in the 2nd half." Then, if nothing else, our seethe would've been reduced. But, naw. As we've come to expect, the winning Sellick manager is myopic. He really does seem to have bought into the Sellick mind-set.

23 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

That is the most sensible explanation, thanks. No excuses. It also blows any notion that the assistant ref was not well placed into next week. He was bang on the line (as can be seen from the stills, certainly neither ahead of the line nor view impeded) and your description sums it up perfectly.

We move on.

As an aside; I've not kept up with the various threads so this might've already been commented on but, having been listening to the radio, it seems that the ref has held his hands up and admitted to having got the drop ball incident wrong. As usual, too late! But, at least it has been acknowleged.

Can't wait to see game being stopped when a player goes down holding his hamstring against OF .

2 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Can't wait to see game being stopped when a player goes down holding his hamstring against OF .

We all know that won't happen, so don't hold your breath.