***Official Celtic vs. Heart of Midlothian matchday thread***

martoon

6 hours ago, innerjambo said:

They should move. I've always said Glasgow belongs in Ireland, it has no place in Scotland. 

Haha what a complete weirdo. Put the absinthe down.

Edited by OmiyaHearts

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Bongo 1874

• Hearts007

Just watched the game back as I missed it in real time, 

I've got to say I am very pleasantly surprised about our performance level especially in that second half where I thought we had the better of them, their goal is clearly offside, I don't know how the linesman missed it in all honesty, we really did deserve something from this match, should have taken one of those great chances, but sometimes you just don't get rub of the green, so I would like to say congrats to the team and Robbie for the way we set up and tried to play, hope it continues, I think the 4-3-2-1 worked a treat and we look alot more dangerous in that formation, maybe something for Robbie to reconsider.

56 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Just watched the game back as I missed it in real time, 

I've got to say I am very pleasantly surprised about our performance level especially in that second half where I thought we had the better of them, their goal is clearly offside, I don't know how the linesman missed it in all honesty, we really did deserve something from this match, should have taken one of those great chances, but sometimes you just don't get rub of the green, so I would like to say congrats to the team and Robbie for the way we set up and tried to play, hope it continues, I think the 4-3-2-1 worked a treat and we look alot more dangerous in that formation, maybe something for Robbie to reconsider.

Watching it again in real-time doesn't help his cause either. It was such a blatantly wrong call that questions ought to be asked, alas over all the years I've been watching one becomes fairly inured to this.

The easier one to go on the offensive about would be the pelting that Barry McKay was subjected to on at least three occasions. Strategically though given our track record and proximity to the pitch it may be one to hang back from; the whataboutery when the inevitable happens in reverse will be amplified, venomous and the GFA will take delight in hammering us while remaining mute to the asymmetry in their approach. I'm very mindful of the 'Lennon' incident and it's aftermath, while not to condone the thrower NL's reaction and the media frenzy in the aftermath was totally disgraceful and disproportionate. Did we not get hammered for that?

Edited by Japan Jambo

10 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

There’s often two levels of what you deserve out of a game. If you lose 1-0 and the one goal scored is offside (of which there is no doubt) then technically you deserved a draw.

Did we actually compete well enough in the game to morally deserve a draw ? Not for long enough IMO. We had a 15-20 minute spell where we looked like we might get something. To me that’s not enough to be saying you deserved a point. 

We’ve played better at Celtic park and got humped. We’ve played worse and got humped. If we’ve got any sense of injustice here let’s be sure we take it to Livingston with us and get the 3 points.

In terms of stats especially shots last night was very similar to the Rangers game at Ibrox. Most people commenting including the media said that while Rangers were wasteful Hearts deserved a draw complimenting for the way the team came into the game last night. 

Very similar last night. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58796023

19 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Watching it again in real-time doesn't help his cause either. It was such a blatantly wrong call that questions ought to be asked, alas over all the years I've been watching one becomes fairly inured to this.

The easier one to go on the offensive about would be the pelting that Barry McKay was subjected to on at least three occasions. Strategically though given our track record and proximity to the pitch it may be one to hang back from; the whataboutery when the inevitable happens in reverse will be amplified, venomous and the GFA will take delight in hammering us while remaining mute to the asymmetry in their approach. I'm very mindful of the 'Lennon' incident and it's aftermath, while not to condone the thrower NL's reaction and the media frenzy in the aftermath was totally disgraceful and disproportionate. Did we not get hammered for that?

Should have been easy for a linesman to see. Someone posted a couple of pages back how he was in wrong position forward of ball. 

Ex member of the SaS

Still ragin', but I know I shouldn't be. Never going to get a decision against the bigot twins as there are only two teams in Scotland.

The offside goal and the stopping play when we were in a good position, is some of the worst officiating in years and as Robbie says, they will laugh and joke and carry on with no punishment. Been saying for years refs should be full time and accountable.

The big problem and one that is over looked most of the time is ,Officials are deciding how much money clubs get at the end of the season, that game last night COULD have seen us above Celtic ( never going to happen for above reasons ) and the money differential is huge.

Officials are there to see fair play, not decide the outcome.

I’ve only seen the game on Sportscene from last night.

I honestly don’t know why I bother

”A couple of missiles there”

”Claims for offside. Attacker has the benefit of the doubt”

Zero post match analysis to highlight the refereeing

Could have been well beat

Could have won the game

Groundhog Glasgow Day

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Should have been easy for a linesman to see. Someone posted a couple of pages back how he was in wrong position forward of ball. 

As someone who has run the line plenty. You stay on Hearts last man.

You are saying to yourself "offside" as Ralston gets the ball.

It's still clear that Kyogo is ahead of the ball, your repeating to yourself "offside".

Ralston plays it. You can never say to yourself that Kyogo has got back behind the ball.

Terrible.

Just now, Jamhammer said:

Could have won the game

Groundhog Glasgow Day

I only record it for the action and skip through the drivel.

Especially as a Hearts fan, you know it's going to irritate you.

mostly the same on MoTD

40 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

In terms of stats especially shots last night was very similar to the Rangers game at Ibrox. Most people commenting including the media said that while Rangers were wasteful Hearts deserved a draw complimenting for the way the team came into the game last night. 

Very similar last night. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58796023

As long as we keep losing to the uglies the media will be happy to patronise us with the 'plucky losers' tag while quickly brushing over the blatant BS that takes place.

Boyce coming on shows how a proper striker plays. Ginnelly and Woodburn were both a waste of a jersey, so disappointed with Woodburn especially. After his goals against Dundee Utd I thought he would properly kick on.

Game passed him by and he looked like he was just ambling around first half. Same with Gino, his use of the ball was terrible. Shows what a difference Boyce makes when he came on, allowed us to get at least 10 yards up the pitch instead of the ball coming straight back at us. With a little break of the ball and GMS not falling over we would have got something there. I felt if we had nicked one we could have won last night the way it was going.  Anyway onto Livi and that horrendous surface. Got to put in same performance as second half last night and get the points. 

Wonder when Hearts last played Celtic without having a player carded ? Great effort Hearts. Hats off to our "bench" guys who really put in a shift. I think the size of their pitch really helps them. Visiting teams are rarely as good as them at exploiting its space and find themselves pegged back for long spells. Hearts to their credit capitalised on their frustrations in that they had so much of the ball with so little return. We believed in ourselves as an attacking force in the second half and definitely deserved a goal for our endeavours.

Bobby Maddens jaw was going non stop yesterday. Wish it was like rugby and you could hear what he was saying.

Just hope our home support at the corner flags don't throw things at their players at next Tynie match.

Don't lower yourselves to their pathetic level.

That's one of the best performances I've seen us put in at ceptic Park. I'm not a massive fan of Robbie but fair play to him for the way he set us up, formation wise and with a have a go attitude, and also changed things when it wasn't working plus made the right subs. 

I thought Gordon, Halkett, Haring and McKay were the stand outs but the whole team played well. 

On the end of some corrupt decisions as usual through there. The Jota incident was baffling! We deserved at least a point. Need to ensure we get 3 points on Sunday.

Corstorphine Jambo

One of the other things I noticed last night was the ball boys were immediately making a ball available to Celtic players but not even offering, or at best very slowly offering, the ball to a Hearts player. It actually caught the TV folk out a few times last night. Is that sort of outside interference even included in the laws of the game? 

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, Corstorphine Jambo said:

One of the other things I noticed last night was the ball boys were immediately making a ball available to Celtic players but not even offering, or at best very slowly offering, the ball to a Hearts player. It actually caught the TV folk out a few times last night. Is that sort of outside interference even included in the laws of the game? 

Tbh I don't have a problem with that and I'd have no complaints if Hearts adopted the same tactics at Tynecastle with our ball boys. 

SPL highlights up 2 hours ago. Usually 2 hours after game. They had to a bit of doctoring to do big time. Thing is when they played Kyogo offside every hearts players hand went up immediately but then you just see that wee cheat getting his cheapies at scoring an offside goal. You don’t see what the hearts players are doing with ref. 

Did notice the sun had said about bottles yesterday in it’s own story. Daily Ranger I couldn’t see anything but jail line. But.. the auld evening news bless um said absolutely nothing. But did mention the jail comment. That was it. 

No matter what angle you see it. He was offside. Didn’t show hamstring either the

most controversial part of the game itself. So I it’s most likely swept under the table now. Fecking joke. 

Ex member of the SaS

Twice now I have heard the offside was tight and the advantage goes to the attacker. How many times has VaR shown a toe offside and still a goal denied? Commentators need to be more honest and tell it like it is.

Postecoglou claiming Robbie was wrong to claim " got beat by poor decision by the officials " the guy is a clown, the ONLY goal in the game was from a poor decision and had Celtic scored another only then could he make that claim. Celtic won thanks to an offside goal that would have been ruled had it happened at the other end, no doubt at all! 

Fine/ban whatever, the club should put out a statement that we never want these same officials ever again. We should call out corruption whenever it happens.

Ex member of the SaS
1 minute ago, Aussie Jambo said:

SPL highlights up 2 hours ago. Usually 2 hours after game. They had to a bit of doctoring to do big time. Thing is when they played Kyogo offside every hearts players hand went up immediately but then you just see that wee cheat getting his cheapies at scoring an offside goal. You don’t see what the hearts players are doing with ref. 

Did notice the sun had said about bottles yesterday in it’s own story. Daily Ranger I couldn’t see anything but jail line. But.. the auld evening news bless um said absolutely nothing. But did mention the jail comment. That was it. 

No matter what angle you see it. He was offside. Didn’t show hamstring either the

most controversial part of the game itself. So I it’s most likely swept under the table now. Fecking joke. 

The offside is really annoying as he is in an offside position from the very start of the play, only for a brief second was he even close to being in line, so the linesman ( never will call them assistant ref's ) could see he was making an illegal move. 

MarkDevriesScores4

A blind man running for a bus could see it was offside. It wasn’t tight, it was obvious. VAR would have cancelled the goal. 

Malinga the Swinga

Of course nothing will be done. Rangers and Celtic are fined by UEFA on a constant basis for their fans behaviour.

The SFA and SPFL do nothing except count their backhanders.

5 hours ago, Aussie Jambo said:

I witnessed the 3rd corner that he messed up. You can see him gesture to ref that he’s not taking it. He is then pushed along by ref to the corner. He is again attacked and verbally attacked by a megaphone. He kicked it way off it’s mark and then behind. Would anyone want to go into a situation like that? Not me anyway. 

The referee surely has a "duty of care" to all players on the pitch and should not actively place  (force) any player in a position of danger from the crowd. 

HMFC need to highlight this to the SFA/SPFL and threaten legal action for endangering our players, Barry McKay in particular. It happened 3 times and should only have able to occur once which was the 1st corner.

17 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

That offside is blatantly obvious, he's never onside. They are the ones any park ref will spot quite easily. Poor linesman must have been distracted somehow.

Probably thinking about Peter Lawells Garage

2 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Of course nothing will be done. Rangers and Celtic are fined by UEFA on a constant basis for their fans behaviour.

Pretty much this mate ,in the bigger picture this has been going on for over a hundred years and more.

It will never change imo. 

16 hours ago, haj said:

Celtic fans saying "the officiating in Scotland is shit for everyone" in 3...2...1. 

No joke, in what other country in the world would a team get given possession of the ball because their player gets cramp!? This league is an actual pantomime. 

Cant we ask for official clarification of what rule Bobby was applying?? Im guessing another made up one that appear in glasgow

It really is pathetic Thats Aberdeen, Hibs,  Hearts and Motherwell robbed by very dubious decisions this season - Or at least the Arse cheeks helped to be more accurate.

Honestly Bore off Its dull as dishwater and as we all know so predictable

Hackney Hearts

Saw a headline in the Scotsman "Over-cooked outrage over offside call at goal"  ....

Couldn't access the full article - don't know if anyone read what was said?

Although probably better I don't find out, I've a feeling it would set me off again.

6 hours ago, VALDOS' said:

While I agree with 95% from that interview, Robbie needs to realise you don't have to play doubly well in in Glasgow, perticularly last night, simply take 2 chances and put the ball  in the ****ing net!

👏 Celtic gave us the chances free header, and then Barrie McKay his left footed effort was embarrassing. 

34 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

👏 Celtic gave us the chances free header, and then Barrie McKay his left footed effort was embarrassing. 

He’s got 3 players to get it past. The only place he can score is the back post. Tight angle. Didn’t miss by much. Not a sitter by any means. Kingsley was a sitter. Should have been full contact bulleted home 

4 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

This is the most telling thing. Someone is wrong. Is it UEFA or the sfa/spfl? One takes action and one doesn’t. So one of them is out of step. 

1 hour ago, Drumjambo said:

Cant we ask for official clarification of what rule Bobby was applying?? Im guessing another made up one that appear in glasgow

It really is pathetic Thats Aberdeen, Hibs,  Hearts and Motherwell robbed by very dubious decisions this season - Or at least the Arse cheeks helped to be more accurate.

Honestly Bore off Its dull as dishwater and as we all know so predictable

…and Dundee Utd at Celtic Park! Stonewall penalty not given. 

16 hours ago, EH11_2NL said:

Hmmm.... wee bit of a sweeping statement. I always think of Glasgow Jambos when I see posts like that. They must have to put up with more than most to come out in favour of The Famous. Yes, Weegieville has a high % of fandans but there is a lot more to Glesga than their football teams.

What, like the excessive number of people of Irish origin on the Glasgow City Council.

14 hours ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

We get right back up,dust ourselves down,and get back into it,we are the jambos,blood doesn't show on maroon.

Si Senor

3 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Saw a headline in the Scotsman "Over-cooked outrage over offside call at goal"  ....

Couldn't access the full article - don't know if anyone read what was said?

Although probably better I don't find out, I've a feeling it would set me off again.

Over cooked was the headline. In the article it suggested no one should bother about the offside because Forrest should have scored anyway when he hit the post. Celtic were so dominant at that point Hearts would have been thrashed if that had gone in. Kind of the Celtic manager's point that it didn't matter because Celtic were so dominant they deserved the win. 

Edited by Mikey1874

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Over cooked was the headline. In the article it suggested no one should bother about the offside because Forrest should have scored anyway when he hit the post. Celtic were so dominant at that point Hearts would have been thrashed if that had gone in. Kind of the Celtic manager's point that it didn't matter because Celtic were so dominant they deserved the win. 

This pish is used so often .

Forrest didn't score . Neither did Kingsley , Mackay etc .

There were no legitimate goals scored 

Kind of how football works . Or at least how it is meant to work

1 minute ago, john thomas said:

This pish is used so often .

Forrest didn't score . Neither did Kingsley , Mackay etc .

There were no legitimate goals scored 

Kind of how football works . Or at least how it is meant to work

Article also said Hearts offside complaints were 'over cooked' because Kyoto just had a toe offside. That the decision was so borderline it wasn't a bad decision by linesman..

20211202_215653.jpg

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Article also said Hearts offside complaints were 'over cooked' because Kyoto just had a toe offside. That the decision was so borderline it wasn't a bad decision by linesman..

20211202_215653.jpg

Also utter pish

The bottle incident was reported on STV news Tonight as was the off side goal. Don’t hold your breath expecting something done about it though. 

If your are offside by a baw hair or a country mile you are offside. No ifs no buts. 

Edited by Boy Daniel

8 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Could have won the game

Groundhog Glasgow Day

They didn't show Madden stop the play twice.    First one Ginnelly went down, Celtic had the ball, Madden restarted with a drop ball for Celtic.   Second drop-ball, Jota went down with a hamstring injury as Hearts had the ball, Madden restarted with a drop-ball for Celtic ☺ 

8 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

I only record it for the action and skip through the drivel.

Especially as a Hearts fan, you know it's going to irritate you.

mostly the same on MoTD

I'm the opposite.   I like to hear their views on what they thought of any controversial decisions.   Plus to keep up to date on what teams are playing well. 

There was no views.    To be honest even if they did review the game they probably would have omitted the best parts. 

4 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

They didn't show Madden stop the play twice.    First one Ginnelly went down, Celtic had the ball, Madden restarted with a drop ball for Celtic.   Second drop-ball, Jota went down with a hamstring injury as Hearts had the ball, Madden restarted with a drop-ball for Celtic ☺ 

I'm the opposite.   I like to hear their views on what they thought of any controversial decisions.   Plus to keep up to date on what teams are playing well. 

There was no views.    To be honest even if they did review the game they probably would have omitted the best parts. 

So much to be angry about last night. The goal was clearly offside, not even close to marginal. The referee seemed completely disinterested in the bottle throwing (and other objects) incidents. The BBC and general media seem to ignore or downplay the disgusting behaviour of these vermin. We should ban them from Tynecastle. I would happily pay a premium for these games to have them banned. We would also save on costs for policing, for disinfecting the seats after they leave and for the damage they cause, including the filth they smear on the toilet walls. Who needs these scum anywhere near Tynecastle?

15 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

The bottle incident was reported on STV news Tonight as was the off side goal. Don’t hold your breath expecting something done about it though. 

They mention the offside goal so that the Rangers fans are aware that there is a credit in the bank...Expect a dodgy call for Rangers in the next couple of games.

Malinga the Swinga
20 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

They mention the offside goal so that the Rangers fans are aware that there is a credit in the bank...Expect a dodgy call for Rangers in the next couple of games.

More than likely when they visit Tynecastle. Decisions even themselves out you see, one week Celtic get them, the next week Rangers. On bonus weeks, they both get them.

Scottish football is corrupt to the core.