***Official Celtic vs. Heart of Midlothian matchday thread***

martoon

Just now, Brick Tamland said:

Sorry to hear that, it’s coming up for the first anniversary of my dad passing away, hope you and your family are coping ok. 

Yeah we'll be alright. The more I read about their antics the night the more I'm sure the GFA will do feck all. No doubt the daily ret*rd would class it as good natured banter.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Bongo 1874

• Hearts007

Just now, martoon said:

Condolences again, Marv.

Most of us have our dad's to thank for making us Hearts supporters.

👍

Defo mate, wouldn't have it any other way.

Byyy The Light
11 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Didn't see any of the game, at my dad's funeral. According to twatter Celtic fans classy as per. Hearts fans gave a good account of themselves. Reading missiles thrown at our boys. No doubt GFA will say nothing. Hope everyone got home safely. HHGH.

My condolences. Hope today went as well as you could’ve hoped 

1 minute ago, Byyy The Light said:

My condolences. Hope today went as well as you could’ve hoped 

It was a good send off. Thank you 🙏

12 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Thanks mate.

You have a lot of people who are here for you Mate...

Edited by A.JAMBO

Just now, Byyy The Light said:

Good to hear. Strength to you 

Nice one mate. Shame we got shafted by the officials (again) tonight. It would have be nice to send my dad off on the back of 3 points. But as per the OF bias went against us.

1 minute ago, Marvin said:

Nice one mate. Shame we got shafted by the officials (again) tonight. It would have be nice to send my dad off on the back of 3 points. But as per the OF bias went against us.

Yer Dad's a Jambo Mate,puts the result further into the background, you actually care that we got home safe .

I admire you for that..Good Luck

15 minutes ago, martoon said:

Condolences again, Marv.

Most of us have our dad's to thank for making us Hearts supporters.

👍

Agree! My case was a little different as it's because of me that my dad became a Hearts supporter, he had his Hearts cap on as he was wheeled into the hospital for the very last time!

26 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Didn't see any of the game, at my dad's funeral. According to twatter Celtic fans classy as per. Hearts fans gave a good account of themselves. Reading missiles thrown at our boys. No doubt GFA will say nothing. Hope everyone got home safely. HHGH.

Thoughts ❤️

2 minutes ago, A.JAMBO said:

Yer Dad's a Jambo Mate,puts the result further into the background, you actually care that we got home safe .

I admire you for that..Good Luck

Thanks. I've had experience of the classy weeg in the past. Hate them even more than hubz (only just though).

Just now, Marvin said:

Thanks. I've had experience of the classy weeg in the past. Hate them even more than hubz (only just though).

Celtic are bigger rivals than that mob.

1 minute ago, gator said:

Agree! My case was a little different as it's because of me that my dad became a Hearts supporter, he had his Hearts cap on as he was wheeled into the hospital for the very last time!

Sorry for your loss, bud.

31 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Can’t imagine the day and emotions you’ve had. Strength and love to you buddy 💪🏻❤️

Just now, Marvin said:

Stay strong 💪

10 minutes ago, martoon said:

Sorry for your loss, bud.

Cheers, it's been 4 years now but of course he is dearly missed! One of his best days ever was when Hearts played here in Canada in our home town and beat celtic on pk's, the team came over and cheered with us in the stands, we were probably the only 2 with Hearts gear on!😀

millerjames398
2 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

I wonder if we will get a week of Celtic fan criticism or nary a mention?

Im sure for the media and authority's, it was done and dusted, the moment he took his corners after the onslaught, it'll barely get a mention. 

Hackney Hearts
2 hours ago, Captain Lithuania said:

But don’t say the officials won that game for them. We had ample opportunity to equalise and a couple of the chances were fairly clear cut. That’s up to us. 

Should have taken one of the chances, yes - but that should have been a winner, not an equaliser. And that's down to the officials.

5 minutes ago, Section Q said:

How did McEneff play.........?

I gave him 5 for putting in a shift that had no return.

Edited by A.JAMBO

29 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Sorry for your loss, Marvin. My condolences to you and your loved ones.

Take care mate.

Thank you Jonno 🙏

Glasgow.........what a backward, bigoted, vile place. Full of religious hatred, and soon to get found out, before it finally dies!!!

4 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Howzabout Haring...?

It is on the Ratings thread, I gave Pete an 8 for every ounce he had. Put in a dogged shift. He showed his fitness is back in a decent place and he is missed to be honest. He plays next week or Robbie can GTF

Edited by A.JAMBO

Hackney Hearts
3 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Celtic played with us mate, the most annoying thing is two long balls gave us a chance to get a point, and we couldn't take it, apart from that it was really one way traffic, Kingsley miss at corner and McKay shot. 

You didn't see the game, or you're at the wind up. One or the other.

We had 9 attempts on goal BTW (I thought Halkett's free header was one of the best). And I wish we had actually played more long balls, that was what we had Ginnelly for. 

Just now, Hackney Hearts said:

You didn't see the game, or you're at the wind up. One or the other.

We had 9 attempts on goal BTW (I thought Halkett's free header was one of the best). And I wish we had actually played more long balls, that was what we had Ginnelly for. 

Celtic had 25 shots 5 on target. 

8 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Glasgow.........what a backward, bigoted, vile place. Full of religious hatred, and soon to get found out, before it finally dies!!!

Hmmm.... wee bit of a sweeping statement. I always think of Glasgow Jambos when I see posts like that. They must have to put up with more than most to come out in favour of The Famous. Yes, Weegieville has a high % of fandans but there is a lot more to Glesga than their football teams.

10 hours ago, A.JAMBO said:

It is on the Ratings thread, I gave Pete an 8 for every ounce he had. Put in a dogged shift. He showed his fitness is back in a decent place and he is missed to be honest. He plays next week or Robbie can GTF

Lucky to have him on the bench.

24 minutes ago, EH11_2NL said:

Hmmm.... wee bit of a sweeping statement. I always think of Glasgow Jambos when I see posts like that. They must have to put up with more than most to come out in favour of The Famous. Yes, Weegieville has a high % of fandans but there is a lot more to Glesga than their football teams.

They should move. I've always said Glasgow belongs in Ireland, it has no place in Scotland. 

What’s the odds that SPL highlights on YouTube  of the game doesn’t show bottle incident, sectarian abuse on megaphone or the many errors by linesman and ref. 

🤔 I’m not holding my breath. 

Any news to what’s happening with bottle incident? Surely they have to be heavily fined?

Not sure why we don’t bombard this email address constantly. My previous messages must have gone into the junk mail eh? 

From website: 

For all enquiries please contact us at The Scottish Football Association, Hampden Park, Glasgow, G42 9AY , [email protected] or by phone on 0141 616 6000 

Edited by Aussie Jambo
Forgot email 🙄

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Marvin said:

Sorry to hear that. 

4 hours ago, Aussie Jambo said:

What’s the odds that SPL highlights on YouTube  of the game doesn’t show bottle incident, sectarian abuse on megaphone or the many errors by linesman and ref. 

Any news to what’s happening with bottle incident? Surely they have to be heavily fined?

Not sure why we don’t bombard this email address constantly. My previous messages must have gone into the junk mail eh? 

From website: 

For all enquiries please contact us at The Scottish Football Association, Hampden Park, Glasgow, G42 9AY , [email protected] or by phone on 0141 616 6000 

The missiles thrown when taking a corner.

Clubs must get threatened that a netting will be erected at problem areas.

McKay gets hit twice and you clearly see coins land near him.

Does Madden have a long blink and not report  surely not.

An injured player is the only way action will be taken, pathetic.

Forever Hearts

What chance have we got when our official site won't call it out for what it was, a blatantly offside decision that the linesman missed. "Appeared" to be offside?😡

Screenshot_20211203-063347_Samsung Internet.jpg

2 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

It’s incredible the media and sfa play these incidents down. Often ignoring them or commenting briefly then brushing it under the carpet. No shock that fines are dished out when they play in Europe but nothing happens in domestic games. The only credible explanation the sfa/spfl can give for their constant inaction is that they’re frightened to upset them. Not fit for purpose. 

9 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

I witnessed the 3rd corner that he messed up. You can see him gesture to ref that he’s not taking it. He is then pushed along by ref to the corner. He is again attacked and verbally attacked by a megaphone. He kicked it way off it’s mark and then behind. Would anyone want to go into a situation like that? Not me anyway. 

13 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

What chance have we got when our official site won't call it out for what it was, a blatantly offside decision that the linesman missed. "Appeared" to be offside?😡

Screenshot_20211203-063347_Samsung Internet.jpg

This. 👏👏

Kyogo’s 33rd-minute winning goal looked offside, Hearts winger Barrie McKay was struck by missiles from home fans, and referee Bobby Madden stopped play and gave Celtic possession because their winger Jota suffered a hamstring injury running with the ball.

Hearts manager Neilson was flabbergasted at the officiating but, having already served one touchline ban this season, he could not be as forthright as he wanted.

“I’d end up going to jail if I said what I really think about it,” he commented when asked about the Jota incident.

“I’ve never seen anything like it in my life. The boy pulls his hamstring and the referee stops the game and gives them the ball back when we’re going to counter-attack. But that’s Scottish football, you’re in Glasgow.”

Neilson added: “I have two emotions – frustration because we got done by a poor decision for the goal. The second one is pride in the players because I thought we played exceptionally well, especially in the second half.

“I thought we pressed the game, got up on it and had belief in ourselves. We came here in the cup three months ago in the cup and couldn't get in the game. Tonight's performance is what we need to get to and we need to do it consistently. And we need to score goals off the back of it.”

Asked about the goal he replied “It's offside. The linesman [Alan Mulvanny] has got to make the decision. It's a key decision in the game. He doesn't make it. He is looking straight along the line, he can see he [Kyogo] is offside and he doesn't put his flag up. That's the disappointing thing. I've seen it again. He's ahead of the ball. He is offside.”

Hearts appealed for a penalty in the second half when Gary Mackay-Steven fell inside the Celtic penalty area. Neilson said: “There was frustration at some of the other decisions going on at that time. The goal was the biggest frustration.

“On Gary's one, I can see Bobby's point. There is some contact there, he is still going through and then Liam Boyce has a great chance to score. Does he bring it back after and give a penalty and a red card? Probably not but there were a few decisions there that were strange to say the least.

“Bobby said he [Mackay-Steven] clipped himself. I've never seen that before.”

Neilson said he didn’t see objects being thrown at McKay at corners. “Somebody in the tunnel asked him if he got hit on the back with a bottle. I don't know the ins and outs so I'm not going to say too much, but it's disappointing.”

The controversy somewhat overshadowed an encouraging second-half display by Hearts. Neilson added: “I said my piece after we were at Ibrox and then I had to write a report [to the Scottish FA] to explain what I meant by it. I can't be bothered doing that any more

“It shouldn't be like that but that's the way it goes. We have to come here [Celtic Park] and play doubly well to get the points.”

6 hours ago, Aussie Jambo said:

From website: 

[email protected] is the one you want to email 👍 

3 minutes ago, Seriea98 said:

[email protected] is the one you want to email 👍 

Wouldn’t send anything to him… he’ll be too busy organising bonuses for the officials, on a job well done. 

While I agree with 95% from that interview, Robbie needs to realise you don't have to play doubly well in in Glasgow, perticularly last night, simply take 2 chances and put the ball  in the ****ing net!

SKY sports news this morning replaying Boyd’s reaction for the ‘controversial’ goal. They have also highlighted McKay getting hit by a bottle. Will anything be done…. Probably - RN will be sanctioned. Corrupt to the core. 

You really have to score on glesga to have any chance as 0 0 rarely happens.

Aa for the offside icing on the green cake eh?

Reading the linesman was a st holder at darkheid, surprised?