Scottish Cup Draw - Away to Auchinlek at 12:30 on 22/1/22

j1964m

15 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

My brother in laws parents are from Auchinleck and Mauchline and I can say categorically it is nothing like a weegie accent. I can't understand what his mum is saying sometimes. 

"Get yer haun offa ma erse" ?

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Maroon Sailor

• Forever Hearts

• Ked

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Marvin said:

My late father was a Leither and Hearts fanatic.

A rare breed. 
The last few times I’ve been to ER you could barely get on a bus down there or back that went anywhere near it as they were packed with Hibs fans 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🤦🏽

Edited by Pasquale for King

Салатные палочки
1 hour ago, john thomas said:

"Get yer haun offa ma erse" ?

:laugh: :look:

Das Viertel Hearts
6 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

But they choose to follow Auchinleck. Proper Rangers diehards.🙄

Cumnock + The Glasgow Rangers +  Hamburger SV ...welcome to how it works this century for example!!  : ( 

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

A rare breed. 
The last few times I’ve been to ER you could barely get on a bus down there or back that went anywhere near it as they were packed with Hibs fans 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🤦🏽

His dad was away at sea 90% of the time. So had a choice between the Famous or the Shite. Being very intelligent, followed The Boys in Maroon & made sure me and my brothers did too. 

Pasquale for King
50 minutes ago, Marvin said:

His dad was away at sea 90% of the time. So had a choice between the Famous or the Shite. Being very intelligent, followed The Boys in Maroon & made sure me and my brothers did too. 

What a wonderful man, sorry he’s not still with us. 

2 hours ago, Canscot said:

Mine too!

Loads of old Leith families spawned generation of Hearts fans. Our big family of uncles were all Hibs fans. Every one of my cousins on that side of the family are Hearts fans. None of them live in Leith but they are still ‘Leithers’

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Loads of old Leith families spawned generation of Hearts fans. Our big family of uncles were all Hibs fans. Every one of my cousins on that side of the family are Hearts fans. None of them live in Leith but they are still ‘Leithers’

My old man was originally a Leith Athletic supporter when he was a boy. They went defunct in the early (19)twenties I believe. I remember seeing a picture of him as a boy on the back of a horse ( my granda was a coal merchant in Leith and it was one of the cart horses) with a sandwich board sign saying “Save Leith Athletic”! I take it that it was around that time he switched allegiance. Smart move imo😂

8 hours ago, Marvin said:

My late auld man had a similar career and made the same life choices. He made damn sure me and my brother followed him from Granton to Gorgie! 

On 30/11/2021 at 23:55, Pasquale for King said:

Gorgie is also full of Hibbies unfortunately 🤷🏾‍♂️🤦🏽
I don’t even go to Leith never mind live there. 

I plan to be in Leith over the next 30 hours, will be pissing in the usual traditional spot.

Heartsmad1874
On 02/12/2021 at 11:44, Clerry Jambo said:

Talbot boss says they have no intention of moving game from their ground. Only police  could move it for safety reasons 

What sort of allocation are we looking at?

Hoping to get a ticket for this on 168 points but not sure.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

On TV. 12.30 KO on the Saturday. 

Screenshot_20211213-105813_Facebook.thumb.jpg.d4b5ebe203fbc6c8dd08ec5cc38511ec.jpg

Surprising that Premier Sports picked the old firm.  To be fair they picked the ties of the four best supported teams in the country so probably can’t moan too much. 

August Landmesser
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Surprising that Premier Sports picked the old firm.  To be fair they picked the ties of the four best supported teams in the country so probably can’t moan too much. 

Kelty v St Johnstone would've been an obvious choice for potential shock value - but TV companies only care about viewing figures.

Hibs v Cove & Rangers v SA have absolutely no interest beyond supporters of those teams. If Hibs had been away it might've been more appealing.

Niemi’s gloves

Does anyone know what Auchinleck’s badge is meant to represent? Is it important to them? To me, it’s is a massively unfortunate coincidence. Perhaps if they took away the railway like lines leading to the archway it would help?

• davemclaren changed the title to Scottish Cup Draw - Away to Auchinlek at 12:30 on 22/1/22

May I point out, in all due humility, last Saturday's result in the WoSFL League Cup?

Kirkintilloch Rob Roy 1 Auchinleck Talbot 0

They are beatable.

5 minutes ago, kirkierobroy said:

May I point out, in all due humility, last Saturday's result in the WoSFL League Cup?

They are beatable.

🤣

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, kirkierobroy said:

They are beatable.

All that says to me is that they are getting to finals and confident. 

Not like us.

They go in as favourites. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

All that says to me is that they are getting to finals and confident. 

Not like us.

They go in as favourites. 

With Neilson’s record in the cup I’m not surprised 😉😀

1 hour ago, kirkierobroy said:

When you arrive in Auchinleck, keep together, that's all I'm saying, no stragglers.

If anyone becomes detached, just stand in the street pointing at aeroplanes, You'll fit right in.

Malinga the Swinga
3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Premier Sports would pick Rangers & Celtic games regardless of opposition. They would show their grass growing then ignore either.

3 hours ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Does anyone know what Auchinleck’s badge is meant to represent? Is it important to them? To me, it’s is a massively unfortunate coincidence. Perhaps if they took away the railway like lines leading to the archway it would help?

First thing I thought as well 

26 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Premier Sports would pick Rangers & Celtic games regardless of opposition. They would show their grass growing then ignore either.

That’s the sad reality of Scottish football. 

I expect Hearts to be very conscious of last years debacle at Brora and will go all out to make a statement on live tv, I don’t expect us to take Talbot lightly and show our superiority and expect a comfortable victory 

However I’d be careful about Talbot looking to take bodies if we start to humiliate them

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

With Neilson’s record in the cup I’m not surprised 😉😀

Don't worry.... 

An upset is on the cards. 😬

7 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Why does he just speak to children? 

Don't know but I like his channel. Has posted some excellent videos about Hearts including one recently on Remembrance Sunday.

Edited by Silvery_Moon

On 01/12/2021 at 10:39, Marvin said:

My late father was a Leither and Hearts fanatic.

Loads of hearts fans or supporters in leith 🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦👐

On 01/12/2021 at 11:41, Pasquale for King said:

A rare breed. 

I would humbly suggest a Hearts supporter from Leith would require a bus for ER. I speak as one who lived in Albert Street in the late 70s.

August Landmesser
9 minutes ago, Stanley_ said:
Agreed safety capacity: 3270
Auchinleck Talbot Allocation: 1785
HeartofMidlothianFC Allocation: 1485

Crikey, that's a lot of Talbot fans locked out I'd imagine.

Good away support though, almost twice what we expected 

portobellojambo1
4 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

wonder how much the tickets will be

I was told there was something on Auchinleck's own site about a week ago, I think, saying they were selling tickets to their own support for £15. I'm guessing what ever price they sell to their fans will also be the price charged to HMFC fans.

portobellojambo1
42 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Loyalty points no doubt,

I'd imagine it will have to be. I'd actually contacted the club very early yesterday morning to ask if they had heard anything from Auchinleck about how many tickets we would be getting and when they would be announcing the number of LP's required. The club have just responded this morning to say they have still heard nothing at all from Auchinleck yet, which sort of contradicts the information which appeared on Twitter detailing exactly how many tickets HMFC would be receiving.

been here before
53 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Loyalty points no doubt,

Given Easter Road is c4k tickets and has kicked off at 130+ LPs. Im taking a total stab in the dark, based on not an awful lot and say 190+ for Auchinleck.

If it goes ahead with fans that is.