Scottish Cup Draw - Away to Auchinlek at 12:30 on 22/1/22

j1964m

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

You sound like you can't wait 🤔

We should win but Robbie and cup games fill me with utter fear if I am being honest. 

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Maroon Sailor

• Forever Hearts

• Ked

part_time_jambo
3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i want to know why they had two boards to put the balls on when only the last tie ended up on the second board

It would be common sense to have the boards set out in multiples of 8 or 16. 

1 minute ago, Silvery_Moon said:

Admittedly very negative of me. Let's hope our tactics v Auchinleck are more positive than I am.

To be fair, its mostly been a horrendous last few years to be a Hearts fan, so I understand your viewpoint. I do think we're coming out the other side now and as it's been a decade since we put them out and went on to win the cup I'm hoping this draw is prophetic... 

Talbot will make a go of it and give us a game. Great coach who will have them up for it. If it's played at home it will be the event of the year in the town....

InternationalJambo
Just now, part_time_jambo said:

Scottish football and common sense? C'mon now..

1 minute ago, Aaron78 said:

To be fair, its mostly been a horrendous last few years to be a Hearts fan, so I understand your viewpoint. I do think we're coming out the other side now and as it's been a decade since we put them out and went on to win the cup I'm hoping this draw is prophetic... 

Here's hoping. 👍

26 minutes ago, Aaron78 said:

Apparently 4k capacity. Hopefully enough tickets to go round for our fans... 

When they beat Ayr United in the round before we humped them 4-0, they sold out at 3,100. There was 1,800 at Saturdays game v Accies.

Edited by Chuck Berry

McGlynn The Money
6 minutes ago, luckydug said:

You sound like you can't wait 🤔

That's not how I interpreted it. I also have no faith in Robbie but am desperate for him to prove me wrong, especially when it comes to his (by his own admission) abysmal cup record.

5 minutes ago, Silvery_Moon said:

Admittedly very negative of me. Let's hope our tactics v Auchinleck are more positive than I am.

Hope so, but it is Robbie we're talking about.

4 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Talbot will make a go of it and give us a game. Great coach who will have them up for it. If it's played at home it will be the event of the year in the town....

Definitely. A game where our players must be up for it. 

1 minute ago, Deevers said:

Definitely. A game where our players must be up for it. 

Are our players ever ‘up for it’ nowadays?

August Landmesser
29 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Wow! A really awkward generally horrible tie for Neilson. 

If ever a game was a must win its this one. He would never survive it if…

hibs15

Almost certainly a TV game, and on the BBC. The gruesome twosome will, as usual, be on Premier Sports. BBC times are Monday night and I forget the other slot they use.

2 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Wondering if he'll rest a few. 

Not necessary as it is a Saturday game - and played to a finish. No replays for the rest of the competition this year from now on.

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Hopefully this board doesn't get invaded by Talbot idiots again.

Nothing surer 😁

They are still nursing a grudge from 2012.

They reckon they were cheated. 

Robbie better not do what Sergio did and put out a weakened team. 

No chances to be taken with this tie, strongest team possible please. 

50 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Most important thing is Souttar wants to play against Auchinleck at the end of January!!!

What did you expect him to say? I don’t care I’ll be away by then? 

The other things is Talbot are now full SFA members and licenced, therefore they will have an authorised capacity confirmed by the council as part of their licence which, amongst other things, limits the amount of spectator accomodated on grass banking or shallow terracing.  I'd be surprised if the capacity is greater than 3,000.

As an example, Linlithgow can accomodate 2,500-3,000 but currently their capacity is limited to around 1,800 for various reasons.

If their capacity is indeed 4,000 there’s not a chance they’ll move it. How many would they get at Rugby Park on the Sunday? 6,000 tops if they make it a tenner to get in. Make it £20 at their own place and make more money.

More chance TV will fancy it if it’s at their own place. 

20 minutes ago, JTJ said:

Almost certainly a TV game, and on the BBC. The gruesome twosome will, as usual, be on Premier Sports. BBC times are Monday night and I forget the other slot they use.

Saturday lunchtime when AT beat Ayr.

4 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

If their capacity is indeed 4,000 there’s not a chance they’ll move it. How many would they get at Rugby Park on the Sunday? 6,000 tops if they make it a tenner to get in. Make it £20 at their own place and make more money.

It might be 4,000 in theory, but I'd be surprised if it was over 3,000.  The game is almost certain to be on TV and that will reduce it even more.

They may not have a choice to move it IF the police and council think there would be crowd control issues. Hopefully not, games shouldnt be moved unless absolutely neccesary.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Not sure Rugby park would help us in way with our record down there, aoart from maybe more of our us being there. Banana skin wherever it’s played. 

41 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

the SFA and BBC - what on earth did you expect ?  🤣🤣

3 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

It might be 4,000 in theory, but I'd be surprised if it was over 3,000.  The game is almost certain to be on TV and that will reduce it even more.

They may not have a choice to move it IF the police and council think there would be crowd control issues. Hopefully not, games shouldnt be moved unless absolutely neccesary.

If Spurs can play at Marine then surely Police Scotland can handle 600-700 Hearts fans, which is all we’ll get. Time will tell. Mind you. Kilmarnock and Ayr getting home draws might see the authorities requesting a switch no matter what. 

Edited by Shaggy2

Does anyone actually think Robbie will be sacked if we fail to get by AT?

I honestly don't think he would be. They've already shown that they don't give a shit about fan opinion. Not sure why that would be any different.

41 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

Away from home against a non-league team. What could possibly go wrong? 😀

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

1 minute ago, dav1e said:

They will be out for revenge after we got away with one in 2012, they had a perfectly good goal disallowed Iirc.

Watch it again and tell me they shouldn’t have been down to 10 men after 5 minutes. The foul for the penalty was a red card even using today’s double jeopardy rule. Terrible refereeing from a soft referee. 

Allowayjambo1874

Talbot do not need the money and they will sell out the 3k, No matter what day it’s played so highly unlikely be moved to Somerset or Rugby Park. 

They will fancy this big style, we play any kind of weakened team and it will be a massive mistake. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

the SFA and BBC - what on earth did you expect ?  🤣🤣

Hahahahaha you would be lucky to find two more corrupt and useless organisations 🤦🏽

2 minutes ago, dav1e said:

They will be out for revenge after we got away with one in 2012, they had a perfectly good goal disallowed Iirc.

Of all the things you re collect ya emailing slug

Bazzas right boot

Lots of folk getting a little movement at the thought of us getting knocked out and Bob getting sacked. 

It's the hope that will get you! 

We'll beat this mob while heading for our highest league position in 5 years.

Just now, Shaggy2 said:

Watch it again and tell me they shouldn’t have been down to 10 men after 5 minutes. The foul for the penalty was a red card even using today’s double jeopardy rule. Terrible refereeing from a soft referee. 

Dinnae bite he wont answer .

Under his stained bed sheets in a bedsit .

3 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Does anyone actually think Robbie will be sacked if we fail to get by AT?

I honestly don't think he would be. They've already shown that they don't give a shit about fan opinion. Not sure why that would be any different.

One fans opinion they shouldn’t.  

• davemclaren changed the title to Scottish Cup Draw - Away to Auchinlek at 12:30 on 22/1/22