• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Maroon Sailor

• Forever Hearts

• Ked

Fxxx the SPFL
24 minutes ago, j1964m said:

The draw will be made after the live game between Brechin City v Darvel on BBC Scotland

John Souttar involved 

We have had some truly honking luck in terms of getting the Old Firm recently. I predict a trip to a league one side. 

Selfishly, I’d like us to get Morton at Cappielow.

Ideally, a home tie against Annan.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Zaba said:

We have had some truly honking luck in terms of getting the Old Firm recently. I predict a trip to a league one side. 

Anyone at home. 

16 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Anyone at home. 

Yep, anyone at home for me as well. You generally have to beat at least one half of the old firm to win the cup and I’d rather try to do that in Edinburgh than in Glasgow. 

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Yep, anyone at home for me as well. You generally have to beat at least one half of the old firm to win the cup and I’d rather try to do that in Edinburgh than in Glasgow. 

I think rangers and Celtic will bottle the Scottish cup before semifinals 

1 minute ago, Vin1874 said:

I think rangers and Celtic will bottle the Scottish cup before semifinals 

Hope so. There’s cracks in their armour this season. Although they’re still top of the heap, they’ve not been as convincing. 

40 minutes ago, Zaba said:

I'd be delighted with Morton away. It's a ground i've never been to and is still "old school" 

Edited by richiehmfc
spelling

Maroon Sailor
22 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Kelty Hearts at Tynecastle.  A real derby.

Think Montrose might have something to say about that

Das Viertel Hearts
1 hour ago, Zaba said:

Against the might Ton would be a good one...old school football at Capielaw!!! 

14 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Same chance as any other tie. 

Yip.

One good thing about it is, after watching Euro draws and teams dropping into other tourneys it's nice to have a proper draw.

4 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

It'll be Celtic, Motherwell or St Johnstone away. Hibs will get the lowest ranked team at ER.

guaranteed.

anyone at home would be great. Our away form is ropey so avoiding that is vital.

Maroon Sailor

Kevin McHattie's career continues in a downward spiral. Now playing in the Highland League

Edited by Maroon Sailor

4 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Kevin McHattie's career continues in a downward spiral. Now playing in the Highland League

Kevin has injury problems. He has already had one hip replacement before the age of 30, and there is a very good chance he may have to have his other hip replaced. He is no longer capable of doing football full time and had no alternative but to go part time. 

20 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Still only 28 according to wiki. Seems like an awfully long time since he played with us. 

Maroon Sailor
Just now, GinRummy said:

Still only 28 according to wiki. Seems like an awfully long time since he played with us. 

It does - thought he did o.k as well

Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Brechin 0-1 Darvel

33 mins

Random fact.

Jordan Kirkpatrick, who scored Darvel's goal, once scored four for Hamilton's U19s in a 7-0 win against Hearts.

I remember Darren Murray being so annoyed by the performance that he ordered the squad to come in the next morning at 7:30am (Sunday).

Hearts then went on a long unbeaten run and almost pipped Celtic for the league title.

Maroon Sailor
Just now, Footballfirst said:

Random fact.

Jordan Kirkpatrick, who scored Darvel's goal, once scored four for Hamilton's U19s in a 7-0 win against Hearts.

I remember Darren Murray being so annoyed by the performance that he ordered the squad to come in the next morning at 7:30am (Sunday).

Hearts then went on a long unbeaten run and almost pipped Celtic for the league title.

This Darvel team are no mugs

4 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Probably a better standard in the west of Scotland league than the Highland league . Hope they win this and get a good home tie I like seeing JR teams get a good home tie.

Maroon Sailor

HT

Brechin City 0-1 Darvel

Andy Kirk got some work to do. Can always rely on Levein getting a note passed to him.

10 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Random fact.

I remember that result well.  Was absolutely stunned.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, richiehmfc said:

I'd be delighted with Morton away. It's a ground i've never been to and is still "old school" 

Only someone that hasn’t been there would say that, all I remember is that it took ages to get there. 
Things have moved on a bit from the 1970s though I suppose 😜

jamboinglasgow
15 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Random fact.

Was looking at the Darvel team yesterday out of interest, fascinating to see how many players they have that were promising youngsters for Premiership clubs but never quite made it, they have Ross Caldwell of Hibs, Ross Perry of Rangers and Craig Moore of Motherwell.

On a random note, got Jordan Kirkpatrick mixed up with Jordon Morton when I saw his name yesterday so went to see what happened to him as I thought he dropped out football, turns out he is Albion Rovers,

Maroon Sailor

Always wondered why there is a hedge thinking it backed on to somebody's garden.

Not the case. They've got space to build

1501170703_maxresdefault(3).thumb.jpg.6d6ab1f822b88035d1fbee3d3ecfde1b.jpg

1528.jpg.88c6765fb796641854f3ffc83bcd1ce6.jpg

2 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Is the boy that scored for Brechin the guy who had the mental health problems and had retired? Good on him if so

yes, same boy

2 hours ago, Drew Wallace said:

An easy draw all the way to the final please 

This. We can do without money-spinner ties.

36 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

They are spending a lot of money to try and keep up with Auchinleck. They did beat Talbot a few weeks ago and sit 4th in the league 

ooh-aah-cantona

I notice in the team lines that Brechin have a Liam MacFarlane #1 on the bench.

Is that our u18s keeper that has joined them on loan?

• davemclaren changed the title to Scottish Cup Draw - Away to Auchinlek at 12:30 on 22/1/22