Best kids name

rudi must stay

Carl Fredrickson

Just to add my kids are 6 & 11 and they love their names. My son has nicknames but none related to his name (thankfully) 

Not a lot you can do with my daughters name (I think). 

4 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Just to add my kids are 6 & 11 and they love their names. My son has nicknames but none related to his name (thankfully) 

Not a lot you can do with my daughters name (I think). 

I’ve a friend called Joy and people call her Joyous sometimes as a joke but it’s a fair reflection of her personality. 

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

I’ve got an unusual first name and was never bullied or picked on for it. You do however have a lifetime of people asking how to spell it or asking what it’s short for. It’s not a bizarre name just one that isn’t very common in this country as a first name. 
Sadly we seem to be going down the American path of names spelt phonetically or even worse totally invented words by parents who think they’re being cool and unique. It sounds a bit Daily Mail but I agree with the countries that have a list of permitted names where you have to apply and get approval for anything weird. You’re always going to get some arse wanting to call their kid after a band or worse. 

Restricted names is a bit far IMO, call your kid R2D2 for me, it's nobody else's business. I knew a lassie years ago, Wendy. We got pished one night and she told me her parents are hippies and her real name's Star. It all seemed fair enough to me.

Carl Fredrickson
6 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I’ve a friend called Joy and people call her Joyous sometimes as a joke but it’s a fair reflection of her personality. 

It was parents night last week and my daughters teacher said my daughter was such a joy, I dint know if she was trying to be funny but my daughter (not just saying it cause she is my daughter) is a true joy. 

Carl Fredrickson
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Restricted names is a bit far IMO, call your kid R2D2 for me, it's nobody else's business. I knew a lassie years ago, Wendy. We got pished one night and she told me her parents are hippies and her real name's Star. It all seemed fair enough to me.

I do like Star as a name. Glad I am finished at two as anymore could end up with names they might regret. 

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

I worked with a guy whose Uber hippy parents had called him Twig. The only problem for them was he totally rejected the hippy lifestyle and loved going to White Hart Lane and spending his weekends pissed up and out clubbing. They despaired as they thought he would follow their lifestyle. 

7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Oh and the names list thing is ok as long as you can apply for new ones I think. It’s like a lot of Dutch people have names that aren’t typically Dutch. Just think of some of the famous footballer with Italian or Spanish sounding names. I’ve got a Dutch mate called Nils. No Scandinavian  family links his parent just liked the sound of it with his surname. 

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I worked with a guy whose Uber hippy parents had called him Twig. The only problem for them was he totally rejected the hippy lifestyle and loved going to White Hart Lane and spending his weekends pissed up and out clubbing. They despaired as they thought he would follow their lifestyle. 

He branched out.

On 27/11/2021 at 16:15, Sir Craig Gordon said:

My son has a name which is a bit different, he's only 7 months but I know of someone in the village that has just called their son the same name

:seething:

Dafydd?

On 27/11/2021 at 16:15, Sir Craig Gordon said:

My son has a name which is a bit different, he's only 7 months but I know of someone in the village that has just called their son the same name

:seething:

in a similar vein, when we were choosing boys and girls names my Mrs bombed out one of the girls names as one of her friends through west already has a girl with that name. I was king raging but it worked out ok as we had a boy