Brentford keeping home kit for next season

Maroon Sailor

Forever Hearts
8 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Probably is a good thing from a sustainability perspective but not sure buying one new top a year is particularly awful.

Clubs should set up a scheme where you hand back your old top for recycling and get a discount on the new top. 

A token gesture for a club in a league that sold the soul of every club and shat on every fan from a great height a long time ago.

1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

Clubs should set up a scheme where you hand back your old top for recycling and get a discount on the new top. 

This would be a really good thing imo.

32 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

I mean, it isn't really saving fans money.... they could just choose not to buy the new strip?

Also this. Fans are actually one of the losers from this, along with I'd guess the club, sponsor and supplier commercially.

Good on them if it does reduce waste though.

6 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Surprised this isn't already popular. No idea how much an old shirt would be worth though in fairness

Maroon Sailor
11 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

In an era of clubs bringing out 3/4 new kits every season, fair play to Brentford (token gesture or not) 

Yep it's gone from having a home kit and a away kit (which was only used for a clash) to having about 7 or 8 kits a season for some EPL clubs.

Seymour M Hersh

But what if celtic start doing this?  Won't somebody think of the kids? Those little Thai Tims who'll have no manky green and grey hand-me-downs from the great unwashed to wear! 

Forever Hearts
26 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

But what if celtic start doing this?  Won't somebody think of the kids? Those little Thai Tims who'll have no manky green and grey hand-me-downs from the great unwashed to wear! 

I barely notice the difference in Celtic's home kit from one season to the next. There's not much you can do with hoops. 

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

:oohmatron:

I knew as soon as I posted it that it looked an open goal. 🙈

Edited by Forever Hearts

7 hours ago, jonesy said:

Never been into buying tops (my bairns get HMFC training tops only 'coz I'm tight as feck), but this may give some parents a break from more demanding offspring, especially if it catches on.

Think most kids want foreign strips just as much now so they’ll just get the latest Barca strip or whatever. 

I usually get my son the previous Hearts seasons kit as I’m too tight to pay full price for the latest one. 

Another thing that bothers me is “3rd kit” concept. How often have we worn our one and did we even need to?

32 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I barely notice the difference in Celtic's home kit from one season to the next. There's not much you can do with hoops. 

To be fair, not much you can do with all maroon either 🤔

Forever Hearts
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

To be fair, not much you can do with all maroon either 🤔

We've got more to work with than Celtic, no? We've had loads of decent home tops with different variations down the years. Celtic's just look the same with a tweak here and there. 

2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

We've got more to work with than Celtic, no? We've had loads of decent home tops with different variations down the years. Celtic's just look the same with a tweak here and there. 

Their fans seem to not mind about the home top being samey every season.

Forever Hearts
18 minutes ago, benny said:

Their fans seem to not mind about the home top being samey every season.

They don't have any option. Obviously being Celtic supporters the hoops are iconic to them and they wouldn't want to change them. 

Edited by Forever Hearts

10 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Like giving disease ridden blankets to the Indians.

18 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I remember Tam Cowan on Off The Ball a few years ago doing a bit about replica strips, and he mentioned the time that there was a problem with the replica Celtic strips.  Apparently they fell to bits when they were washed.  Tam Cowan quipped that there must still be thousand of the strips still intact 🤣

13 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

I wish we would do the same. This season's home top is class.

Quite glad to see it go tbh 

Not a fan of this year's home top.

Each to their own though.

4 minutes ago, Firefox said:

I remember Tam Cowan on Off The Ball a few years ago doing a bit about replica strips, and he mentioned the time that there was a problem with the replica Celtic strips.  Apparently they fell to bits when they were washed.  Tam Cowan quipped that there must still be thousand of the strips still intact 🤣

😅