***Official Heart of Midlothian vs. St. Mirren matchday thread***

martoon

6 minutes ago, naeclue said:

Thought St Mirren had us figured out first half, especially the way they set up at bye kicks.

We did adjust for the second half, got the ball forward faster for the most part, and were worth the win for me.

Teams figure each other out in this league, we need to keep adjusting, as successes from Aberdeen, Motherwell and the St Mirren first half will be copied.

Different kettle of fish on Thursday.

I think we’re quite predictable in terms of how we play. So it isn’t very hard for clubs to set up against us.

However saying that we can bypass this by playing at a quicker tempo, which we didn’t do in the first half. We have players who can be aggressive on the press and can put us on the front foot but also take the ball in tight spaces and open up play. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Riccarton3

• milky_26

• Harry Potter

Very lucky to win yesterday against a better team we go in behind at half time. 

Nice to see Gms get on the score sheet gets a fair amount of criticism. 

Moment of magic from Kingsley. 

Need to start faster on Thurs or i fear we will be on the end of a serious ass whooping. 

On hearts fc page, write up on Robbie’s reaction -  who is sitting behind Robbie in the dug out? Might just be a bad photo but no idea who he is 

21 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

On hearts fc page, write up on Robbie’s reaction -  who is sitting behind Robbie in the dug out? Might just be a bad photo but no idea who he is 

If it's the guy with the hat on. Ross Stewart (sub goalkeeper).

The Old Tolbooth

I don't think St Mirren are a great side at all to be honest, I think we made them look good because we have confidence issues after losing at Motherwell, they've only won 3 games in 15, but once the first goal went in there was only one winner as you could see the confidence oozing through the team again, it was a tough day at the office but we got the job done and winning ugly is a good attribute to have. 

https://t.co/Dti7p0G9bf
Post match reaction from the free-kick master himself- Stephen Kingsley. 

Talks about the art of taking free-kicks, the home form vs away from, what went wrong at Motherwell and how the players will learn from it. 

It looks increasingly likely (to me anyway) that he could be of more value to us than Souttar…

1 hour ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I don't think St Mirren are a great side at all to be honest, I think we made them look good because we have confidence issues after losing at Motherwell, they've only won 3 games in 15, but once the first goal went in there was only one winner as you could see the confidence oozing through the team again, it was a tough day at the office but we got the job done and winning ugly is a good attribute to have. 

Exactly what was said after Motherwell. Learn to win ugly. Looks like the lesson was learned. Graig Gordon again was the difference. A goal for them earlier and it could have been a tougher day.

The Old Tolbooth
4 hours ago, Boab said:

Exactly what was said after Motherwell. Learn to win ugly. Looks like the lesson was learned. Graig Gordon again was the difference. A goal for them earlier and it could have been a tougher day.

I can't make up my mind if Motherwell were miles better than St Mirren, or if we were just really poor against Motherwell, even worse than Saturday. 

2 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I can't make up my mind if Motherwell were miles better than St Mirren, or if we were just really poor against Motherwell, even worse than Saturday. 

Probably the earlyish goal was the difference last week. Not sure how the game would have went had we went behind on Sat.