***Official Heart of Midlothian vs. St. Mirren matchday thread***

martoon

1 minute ago, XB52 said:

Maybe if you tried supporting the team instead of slagging them off all the time Tosh wouldn't troll you. 

The first half today we played rubbish but came out a different team in the 2nd and ended up winning easy. You obviously don't like us winning and being 2nd in the league and that's your right. I just don't understand how someone supporting the team and having a go at 100% negative fans is trolling?? 

Was he even there?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Riccarton3

• milky_26

• Harry Potter

2 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

MacKay is absolute quality. Best player at the club 

I’m with you here,just seems a yard ahead thought wise ,if a few teammates get with this , we are blessed ,

What an awful game today ,could’ve ended very different but 2 zip , yahoody ,👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻.    👏🏻

1 minute ago, XB52 said:

So goalies don't count?? And how many saves did their one have?? 

The answer is quite a few and some of them stunning!

1 minute ago, maggieb said:

I’m with you here,just seems a yard ahead thought wise ,if a few teammates get with this , we are blessed ,

What an awful game today ,could’ve ended very different but 2 zip , yahoody ,👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻.    👏🏻

Pretty poor first half but I thought it was a very entertaining game in the second with both teams going for it. St Liedown are no mugs this season.

3 minutes ago, Kyle1874 said:

Not seen it posted but thought Halkett was very good today 

He was. I'm glad someone else noticed this.

3 minutes ago, Kyle1874 said:

Not seen it posted but thought Halkett was very good today 

Yes he was first class - thought Soapy was just a bit off today.

16 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Credit due to everyone when the team improves after half time. 

Also hope they can learn from what didn't work first half. 

Looks like Robbie might have given them a bit of a rocket at halftime - if he did they certainly came out flying at the start of the second!

16 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Yes he was first class - thought Soapy was just a bit off today.

Thought the same mate his passing today was poor 

53 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Maybe if you tried supporting the team instead of slagging them off all the time Tosh wouldn't troll you. 

The first half today we played rubbish but came out a different team in the 2nd and ended up winning easy. You obviously don't like us winning and being 2nd in the league and that's your right. I just don't understand how someone supporting the team and having a go at 100% negative fans is trolling?? 

Ah no. Not another one! 🙈

If you check my posts, you'll see I'm mostly positive about Hearts and not "100% negative" like you've said.

The majority of posts on here agree the performance was poor today. Yeah, great we got the 3 points but more often than not, we'd lose playing like that. The frustrating thing is what I'd mentioned in my previous post, re team selection and not changing things round when it's obvious it's not working.

I can still "support the team" but call out bad performances.

39 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Ah no. Not another one! 🙈

If you check my posts, you'll see I'm mostly positive about Hearts and not "100% negative" like you've said.

The majority of posts on here agree the performance was poor today. Yeah, great we got the 3 points but more often than not, we'd lose playing like that. The frustrating thing is what I'd mentioned in my previous post, re team selection and not changing things round when it's obvious it's not working.

I can still "support the team" but call out bad performances.

They don't say the performance was poor, the first half was. We were much better 2nd half and won so happy days. 

Not the best performance today but how many times have played well at Tynecastle and went home wondering why we hadn't won.

Well today the tables turned but we were due it A good goal and a fantastic goal.Its made our Saturday night for us

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Credit due to everyone when the team improves after half time. 

Also hope they can learn from what didn't work first half. 

Looks like Robbie might have given them a bit of a rocket at halftime - if he did they certainly came out flying at the start of the second!

Jack Torrance

If we get through January still in touch at the top, we'll be in a good place.

Every team usually has one or two slumps in a season. We just need to play through them and I think we're doing that.

First half today wasn't great, but teams set up to stifle us and St Mirren did that for a while. It took us about 50 minutes to get on top. Once the first went in, it didn't feel like it was going to come crashing down again like it has in the past few seasons.

I thought we held our nerve well despite the half time booing and took a grip of it well from the start of the second half.

On to the next one.

Edited by Jack Torrance

6 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

MacKay has great footwork, his close control keeps the ball for us. If he can add the killer pass then what a signing 

Arguably if Boyce has a bit of pace that would have been two killer passes. 

Seems to stand still in the box a lot!

PS I like Boyce.

5 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Everyone apart from ref seen it as a red.

It was a waist high tackle!

SectionDJambo
2 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Just saw the highlights. Shaunessy’s tackle on Boyce was a red all day long!

Dreadful tackle which the referee should have been more severe with. They were mumping about him getting sent off right at the end, but he should have off an hour earlier. The second yellow was well justified as well.

3 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Just saw the highlights. Shaunessy’s tackle on Boyce was a red all day long!

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

Everyone apart from ref seen it as a red.

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

It was a waist high tackle!

29 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Dreadful tackle which the referee should have been more severe with. They were mumping about him getting sent off right at the end, but he should have off an hour earlier. The second yellow was well justified as well.

Was certainly a high challenge with a fair amount of force.   The ball being close still gives the ref thought that he's trying to touch the ball and not intentionally hurt the player, maybe.   What about that challenge by Dunne I think it was, just before the Shaughnessy tackle.   He near takes GMS'  head off with clear intent for a follow through winning his tackle by a toe.   I'm glad we rested Woodburn incase these pair of muppets tried to take him out before the Celtic game.   

Missed the game today, I've just watched the replay back.

I thought we were poor for the first half, we improved a little bit second half but only after 2 or 3 extremely good saves from Gordon where he kept us in it imo, if we had any other goalkeeper we would have lost that today tbh, happy with the win but the Performance was probably around a 4/10, still positives are, we were shite and still won, we are 2nd in the league again, GMS actually scored and Steven Kingsley is like the God of free kicks now. Happy days 🤣😉

Really not getting the mixed reactions to this game. St Mirren are a good side, we got a good result that included a clean sheet.

I think there's some really unusual expectations from a lot of people on here. I'm delighted with todays result; a few individual performances to enjoy as well.

I'm as pessimistic as they come and not a big fan of the manager, but surely we all have to be happy with the league table tonight?

John Gentleman
6 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Ask Rangers fans how many times Goram won them games during their 9 in a row run.

Which Andy Goram? There were two of him.......🤪 🤪

Our playing style clearly exposes us to an attacking opposition.  I think Neilson should bring Moore and Haring back for Celtic and bring Woodburn back for GMS.

Horses for whatsits and all that.

7 hours ago, kila said:

Anyone know what the phone torches/lights was about during the second half? Seemed to be a few folk scattered around the stadium

This was baffling me as well. Seemed to start in the Wheatfield and slowly spread. Folk sending Robbie abuse via morse code?!

I think it's probably come from folk seeing the tribute Celtic fans did for Bertie Auld during their semi last week. They had their whole end of Hampden lit up with phones (plus smoke bombs and a tifo) and to be fair to them it looked quite impressive. A few kids scattered about Tynecastle waving their phones about didn't quite have the same impact! 

7 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Really not getting the mixed reactions to this game. St Mirren are a good side, we got a good result that included a clean sheet.

I think there's some really unusual expectations from a lot of people on here. I'm delighted with todays result; a few individual performances to enjoy as well.

I'm as pessimistic as they come and not a big fan of the manager, but surely we all have to be happy with the league table tonight?

Some folk use binary arguments (not yourself from previous posts) eg We won, end of. And that's it.

There is a suggestion Neilson kicked some arses at half time. That he didn't say 'same again, guys'. This would seem to back fans concerns about the performance to half time, legitimately questioned. It's a fans forum for viewpoints. I can express concerns that are recurring ones - Aberdeen, Motherwell, St Mirren - as a fan yet still be delighted to win, as I was.

Edited by Riccarton3

SectionDJambo

At the Gorgie Road entrance the security people were telling everyone they had to show their covid passport. This was causing a fair queue round the corner and up Gorgie Road. Once in, I noticed there was a long queue for the Wheatfield turnstiles too. Were they asking to see everyone's passport round there as well? The ground looked only about half full very close to kick off.

I asked the 2 guys why they weren't just spot checking. They said that club policy was now checking everyone and suggested we should check the club website if we didn't believe them. The club website still says spot checks will be carried out, not 100% checks.

Who tells these security people this information?

Is the information on the club website wrong?

Who actually thinks that checking 17,500 pieces of paper won't cause major delays to getting in and seated, even if fans turn up well before kick off?

3 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

At the Gorgie Road entrance the security people were telling everyone they had to show their covid passport. This was causing a fair queue round the corner and up Gorgie Road. Once in, I noticed there was a long queue for the Wheatfield turnstiles too. Were they asking to see everyone's passport round there as well? The ground looked only about half full very close to kick off.

I asked the 2 guys why they weren't just spot checking. They said that club policy was now checking everyone and suggested we should check the club website if we didn't believe them. The club website still says spot checks will be carried out, not 100% checks.

Who actually thinks that checking 17,500 pieces of paper won't cause major delays to getting in and seated, even if fans turn up well before kick off?

We turned up at 2.50 and in the ground at 2.55. Q for the Gorgie moved really quickly and no vaccine checks

SectionDJambo
1 minute ago, XB52 said:

We turned up at 2.50 and in the ground at 2.55. Q for the Gorgie moved really quickly and no vaccine checks

They must have abandoned their checks later then. Maybe somebody told them to behave.

They were insistent that everyone was to be checked.

8 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Think they are trying to hit their quota early doors. Queue was fairly long when I arrived at 2.45 but just breezed through in about 5 mins.

SectionDJambo
10 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Think they are trying to hit their quota early doors. Queue was fairly long when I arrived at 2.45 but just breezed through in about 5 mins.

Wouldn't surprise me. But who is counting the quota? Turnstile numbers before a certain time? If so, what if more people decide that it's not worthwhile turning up early to be stuck in a long queue?

They should just do the job properly, as per the club says it will happen.

24 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Pretty sure that's the case

37 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Same here.

Same time too !

When you see your keeper making save after save it must inspire you to up your game. They must have thought it was just a matter of time before they scored but Craig was having none of it. I hope he's as defiant against his old team on Thursday with their fans bemoaning the day he was released.

19 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Wining this from the bench after 60 minutes

19 hours ago, Hearts007 said:

no doubt plan is bring gino on for last 10 mins

Missed the game yesterday(Son's wedding, caught it on BBC at 11:30) so read through the stream to get the feeling of it.

These two posts suck out😊😄👍. I'll get you guys to buy my next lottery ticket. 

17 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Aye, he's a good player but he does nothing with it. Where GMS does **** all and has the most goals and assists out of all of them. Barrie no end product McKay. 

Quite a good illustration of the inadequacy of the assist stat. Mackay-Steven has 4 assists, but 2 of them were being fouled for penalties (useful skill but not indicative of "end product") and another was a 5 yard square pass outside the box.

McKay has definitely been more creative than GMS IMO, it's just that the chances he creates aren't finished or aren't the final pass. Even last week he created 2 good chances in the first half.

He definitely needs to start doing better in front of goal though, although the same thing could be said of GMS.

Thought St Mirren had us figured out first half, especially the way they set up at bye kicks.

We did adjust for the second half, got the ball forward faster for the most part, and were worth the win for me.

Teams figure each other out in this league, we need to keep adjusting, as successes from Aberdeen, Motherwell and the St Mirren first half will be copied.

Different kettle of fish on Thursday.