• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Riccarton3

• milky_26

• Harry Potter

I am going to push some positives.

The Football department has changed so much over a short space of time, there are plenty positives surrounding the present side. I am delighted to see us playing in the SPL again. Dropping points in games we could of scored a lot of goals in , only to draw . There is a side brewing i am proud of, players who are loaned to us are getting top team games instead of sitting it out at their parent clubs. Also added Beni Cam, who are a big piece of our resurgence and resemblance to a football side. Souttar and Halkett have been outstanding , no one was heading the ball out of defence as Halkett does. He gets a lot of stick at times but for me is growing and more confident with Soapy along side him. I am impressed with Joe Savage and his team. The way the club is being run and it's fresh direction is awesome. It is early days in the revolution, the Laydowns will feel a backlash., hopeful we dismantle them in the first half, then remind people Hearts are here.

12 minutes ago, A.JAMBO said:

I am going to push some positives.

The Football department has changed so much over a short space of time, there are plenty positives surrounding the present side. I am delighted to see us playing in the SPL again. Dropping points in games we could of scored a lot of goals in , only to draw . There is a side brewing i am proud of, players who are loaned to us are getting top team games instead of sitting it out at their parent clubs. Also added Beni Cam, who are a big piece of our resurgence and resemblance to a football side. Souttar and Halkett have been outstanding , no one was heading the ball out of defence as Halkett does. He gets a lot of stick at times but for me is growing and more confident with Soapy along side him. I am impressed with Joe Savage and his team. The way the club is being run and it's fresh direction is awesome. It is early days in the revolution, the Laydowns will feel a backlash., hopeful we dismantle them in the first half, then remind people Hearts are here.

Can I ask why its a positive to be "dropping points in games we could have scored a lot of goals in only to draw"

asking for a friend😁

Just now, merrymac said:

Can I ask why its a positive to be "dropping points in games we could have scored a lot of goals in only to draw"

asking for a friend😁

Because we dominated 90 % of those games. A vast improvement, the lack of a poacher is or main issue.

Tell your friend to waken up. 

This is a must win game and I think we will win it.

Craig Halkett and Liam Boyce back in with Taylor Moore and Josh Ginnelly dropping out. I personally would drop Barrie McKay and leave Ginnelly in the team.

Just now, A.JAMBO said:

Because we dominated 90 % of those games. A vast improvement, the lack of a poacher is or main issue.

No need to be aggressive.

By your own admission then its an issue rather than a positive

Cheers

Just now, A.JAMBO said:

I would argue we dominated most games under Levein and Stendel, we still have problems if Boyce is out need at least 4 strikers next season if we get into Europa league group stage. 

3 minutes ago, merrymac said:

No need to be aggressive.

By your own admission then its an issue rather than a positive

Cheers

Aggressive ? Is it yourself or your friend i am answering here ?

I will guess either you or your friend got it wrong, was merely replying with the same humour. 

Just now, A.JAMBO said:

Aggressive ? Is it yourself or your friend i am answering here ?

I will guess either you or your friend got it wrong, was merely replying with the same humour. 

Fine smashing humour.:thumbsup:

To keep it going

I asked my friend and he still says that drawing games you dominate is not really a positive.

Dominating most games is something we have done fairly regularly

Turning domination into results would be the real positive.

6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I would argue we dominated most games under Levein and Stendel, we still have problems if Boyce is out need at least 4 strikers next season if we get into Europa league group stage. 

I am way more positive than i was during those Levein years.

I agree on the one point, the end product. No terrorising poaching moaning shouty nippy wee ******* . No Robbo. Has been our main fault for decades.

12 minutes ago, merrymac said:

To keep it going

I asked my friend and he still says that drawing games you dominate is not really a positive.

You are twisted ya know, the improvement is the opposite to playing dugshite and drawing total negative draining and eye bleeding. Watching the side struggle to score with no real end product is  a thorn in our club for decades. That lays in the past, i am hoping we bring in at least two hungry talented poachers in the January sales or loaned. Just give us that end product . Positives are there, i see major improvements all over the squad and within the clubs structure. A lot is happening and will continue during each phase. 

Edited by A.JAMBO

21 minutes ago, merrymac said:

To keep it going

Are you actually from Macmerry.?

21 hours ago, martoon said:

Never started one before and found it odd that it's Thursday and no one else had.

Quite confident we'll win this with goals to spare.

Heart of Midlothian 3 St. Mirren 1

I'll take any win for this game. Goodwin will have them all behind the ball and on the counter. He's proving to be a decent coach.

36 minutes ago, A.JAMBO said:

You are twisted ya know, the improvement is the opposite to playing dugshite and drawing total negative draining and eye bleeding. Watching the side struggle to score with no real end product is  a thorn in our club for decades. That lays in the past, i am hoping we bring in at least two hungry talented poachers in the January sales or loaned. Just give us that end product . Positives are there, i see major improvements all over the squad and within the clubs structure. A lot is happening and will continue during each phase. 

Absolutely agree there are loads of positives and improvements on and off the pitch and things are looking good

we will just have to disagree on the point in question and if that makes me twisted in your eye then that’s ok

For a positive minded person you are prone to the odd negative remark 😋

Walter Bishop

A wee bit of freshening up is required. Wouldn’t be unhappy with this team. McGrath for them looks a decent player, could cause is a bit of bother. 

Gordon 

Souttar  

Halkett 
Kingsley 

Cochrane 

Beni 

Devlin

Smith 

Walker 

Boyce 

GMS/Ginnelly 

31 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Absolutely agree there are loads of positives and improvements on and off the pitch and things are looking good

we will just have to disagree on the point in question and if that makes me twisted in your eye then that’s ok

For a positive minded person you are prone to the odd negative remark 😋

Never ending.

Guest ToqueJambo
53 minutes ago, Section Q said:

I'll take any win for this game. Goodwin will have them all behind the ball and on the counter. He's proving to be a decent coach.

Yep. We have to play and win ugly sometimes and some Hearts fans need to accept we'll take that approach. At least I hope we see a bit of a return to Robbie the pragmatic manager.

11 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Yep. We have to play and win ugly sometimes and some Hearts fans need to accept we'll take that approach. At least I hope we see a bit of a return to Robbie the pragmatic manager.

I don’t think we’ve won ‘ugly’ all season if I’m honest. We’ve certainly lost ugly and drawn ugly. I prefer playing beautiful and seeing how that turns out for us. It’s worked fairly well 3 or 4 times this season. A bit of swash and a lot of buckle for me please. We’re a sugar or shite team at the moment and I expect that pattern to repeat all season. Having said that the weather might change our view on beautiful football prospects so an ugly 1-0 will do here.

Edited by JimmyCant

59 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

A wee bit of freshening up is required. Wouldn’t be unhappy with this team. McGrath for them looks a decent player, could cause is a bit of bother. 

Gordon 

Souttar  

Halkett 
Kingsley 

Cochrane 

Beni 

Devlin

Smith 

Walker 

Boyce 

GMS/Ginnelly 

mcgrath is a threat for sure

Edited by 1971fozzy

6 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Every time I’ve seen him play, admittedly sometimes just highlights, he’s looked a really good player. I’m amazed he’s still at st Mirren and I’d hope we are looking at him in January.  

Gordon 

Souttar Halkett Kingsley 

Smith                             Cochrane 

Beni  Cammy 

Gino                 Wooburn 

Boyce

2-0 hearts

8 hours ago, Section Q said:

Aye.

A shitty, scrappy 1-0 win, courtesy of a Ross vs. Hibs type goal, will do too. 👍

Bennie or Smith to drop out to accommodate McAneff, we need to try and create from midfield, perhaps both out with Harring starting too. Last week was almost as bad as some of last season

8 hours ago, Walter Bishop said:

Gordon 

Souttar  

Halkett 
Kingsley 

Cochrane 

Beni 

Devlin

Smith 

Walker 

Boyce 

GMS/Ginnelly 

Defo time for Walker but can't see it. What concerns me is that most of our normal starting XI have been off the boil for a while, United game aside.

Forever Hearts
50 minutes ago, martoon said:

Aye.

A shitty, scrappy 1-0 win, courtesy of a Ross vs. Hibs type goal, will do too. 👍

Go away with that chat. I'm going and I demand goals and entertainment.🙂

6 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Boyce and Halkett to come back in and hopefully McEneff plays a part. Think it’ll be a comfortable 2-0 victory.

Can anyone confirm that Halkett is fit again?  Might be a back four if not.  

15 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

About 5,000 games.

I wonder if Green Ginger across the road has something he maintains.

Only thing he maintains is his unhealthy and quite frankly creepy obsession with Hearts.

2 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Go away with that chat. I'm going and I demand goals and entertainment.🙂

Agreed.

I did predict 3-1 in the op but I'll take any win.

Another United-esque 5-2 would be welcome. That was terrific entertainment.

1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

Only thing he maintains is his unhealthy and quite frankly creepy obsession with Hearts.

,,,and all the other oddballs on that site encourage him. 

"You're providing a great service, GG" and "They Yams need watching, GG" are just two of the quotes I recall.

"Get help" would be my advice.

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Can anyone confirm that Halkett is fit again?  Might be a back four if not.  

Nielson said in the prematch interview on Hearts TV that Halkett was fit and had trained all week - I think he’ll start. 

14 wins in 20 league matches v The Midden at Tynecastle this century. 3 losses, 2 of which were when we finished bottom six.

Judging by our recent away form, our home form will be vital in clinching 3rd place.

Narrow win tomorrow. 2-1.

12 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Isn't McGrath injured? And I see they've also now lost their captain. Hopefully, that will give us even more advantage.

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Might be pretty windy tomorrow. 

I just checked, Wind not above 20mph?

What you seeing? 

16 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I just checked, Wind not above 20mph?

What you seeing? 

Yep storm tonight passes through and we'll gone by tomorrow morning. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, TypoonJambo said:

Ahh good. 

Never thought to check tonight. 

8 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

What ... all of us? 😲

10 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Oh no! I had so many things to do, so many words unsaid, oh well that’s that😞

😁

• JKBMod 12 featured and unfeatured this topic