Rangers at Home. Reduced Away Allocation

Homme

been here before
33 minutes ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

Think it's just a myth people don't take children to these games. 

Ive certainly taken mine.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• A.JAMBO

1 minute ago, been here before said:

Ive certainly taken mine.

My second ever game was v Celtic. Would have been 6 or 7, we lost 4-2 possibly 1999/2000 season. At that age I had no idea what kind of songs Celtic were singing it was just noise, I didn't go to that game then suddenly start asking my dad what the IRA was 😂

As soon as my sons old enough to go to games I wouldn't hesitate to take him, admittedly Id have to move away from lower N but that's fine.

Well Done Hearts. I know Rangers should of received a lot less but this amount will be for security, entry, exit, toilet facilities & refreshment reasons. Let’s sell all our tickets and make sure the Old Firm never get more than the minimum for league matches at Tynecastle.

28 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I won’t take my kids anywhere near a Celtic fixture. 

better of not knowing anything about that filth till they are older

My old man wouldn't take me to games against the old firm. Only started seeing them when I was going to games myself.

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 hour ago, Sarah O said:

Will I need to use the grass line number?

😊 wouldn't bother me somebody grassing on them but I hate Hearts supporters grassing on fellow Hearts supporters 

2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

😊 wouldn't bother me somebody grassing on them but I hate Hearts supporters grassing on fellow Hearts supporters 

Well if they were in the home end, a Hearts supporter is being grassed up, indirectly !

1 hour ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

Think it's just a myth people don't take children to these games. 

Some don’t 

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, Lido said:

Parents take their children to semi finals/finals against the old firm. Think this is safer when only 1000 of them there.

Correct. Kids will hear worse in a playground and when out with their pals. It's a pathetic excuse. 

9 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Correct decision. Although I'd like to see it chopped down even further to the same percentage of stadium capacity we get at Ibrox and Celtic Park.

Yup. 

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

Well Done Hearts. I know Rangers should of received a lot less but this amount will be for security, entry, exit, toilet facilities & refreshment reasons. Let’s sell all our tickets and make sure the Old Firm never get more than the minimum for league matches at Tynecastle.

Indefinetly👏👏👏🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦

8 hours ago, Sarah O said:

Hopefully they don't end up in the home end. 

Yeah that’s what I was thinking hopefully they don’t just by tickets in the whole rose burn stand 

Rangers are a joke they are not happy a team have reduced their allocation 1.1k is still to much for me if it was up to me they would get 250 tickets. 

Just turned on BT Rangers are playing at Ibrox tonight but Davie Weir and Ally are in the studio in Parkhead a bit strange maybe because Celtic were on first but normally the tv and studio is at the last game . I wonder if Rangers have refused them entry and refused to have BT in Ibrox.

2 minutes ago, Vin1874 said:

Yeah that’s what I was thinking hopefully they don’t just by tickets in the whole rose burn stand 

I was in the shop on Sat morning, I asked the woman when they would go on sale and if their will be a general sale she said yes and it being a cat A game LP will be used to sell tickets accordingly. I imagine if any Rangers fans are in the home end someone’s with LP will be buying tickets and selling on. 

33 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Rangers are a joke they are not happy a team have reduced their allocation 1.1k is still to much for me if it was up to me they would get 250 tickets. 

Just turned on BT Rangers are playing at Ibrox tonight but Davie Weir and Ally are in the studio in Parkhead a bit strange maybe because Celtic were on first but normally the tv and studio is at the last game . I wonder if Rangers have refused them entry and refused to have BT in Ibrox.

Chris Sutton banned from ibrox. Bt refused to broadcast from ibrox if members of staff were refused entry. Hope we do sell out this match or get thereabouts 

7 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Yep... during Mad Vlad's reign. He hated them..🤣

Say what you want about Vlad, you have to admire how much he hated those ****ers, fair play

Doctor FinnBarr
1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

Correct. Kids will hear worse in a playground and when out with their pals. It's a pathetic excuse. 

Why is it pathetic to try and save your child from the bile that emits from the Roseburn when the Uglies come to visit?

I took my daughter (almost 22 now) against Der Hun at Tynie in the 1st championship season, 2012 semi against Cellic, but no danger would I take her to Tynie when the Sporting Wing of the IRA come calling.

Forever Hearts
21 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Why is it pathetic to try and save your child from the bile that emits from the Roseburn when the Uglies come to visit?

I took my daughter (almost 22 now) against Der Hun at Tynie in the 1st championship season, 2012 semi against Cellic, but no danger would I take her to Tynie when the Sporting Wing of the IRA come calling.

From a song? 😂

30 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

You could argue the other side is the sporting wing of the UDA but both sides require an explanation once kids get to a certain age. Imo. 

37 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Probably for the shed but i'm glad i grew up in a time that wasn't so sanitised and risk free. 

Forever Hearts

I took my oldest to Hearts v Celtic games when he was in primary school. Thankfully he came through it relatively unscathed and without too much emotional and mental damage after hearing those songs from 100 yards away and that he didn't know the words of or what the songs were about. 

Edited by Forever Hearts

5 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I took my oldest to Hearts v Celtic games when he was in primary school. Thankfully he came through it relatively unscathed and without too much emotional and mental damage after hearing those songs from 100 yards away and that he didn't know the words of or what the songs were about. 

Even to this day i've got no idea what either of the old firm are singing about the majority of the time. It's unintelligible. 

jambo-in-furness
19 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Even to this day i've got no idea what either of the old firm are singing about the majority of the time. It's unintelligible. 

they’re singing about something that happened in the 16th century,  very relevant.

Fozzyonthefence
43 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

What about the Hearts v Rangers games though?  That’s what this thread is about, not sure why you’re singling out Hearts v Celtic games.  

11 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

we recently had 18,500 against DUFC

We then put in an absolutely awful team effort in the game at fir park which will have a knock on effect with up coming fixtures, just the way it is.

6 hours ago, GinRummy said:

It’s not. 

Of course it’s a myth, it’s a game of football ffs, they sing songs with bad words and lyrics and have drunken arseholes in there fan base same as pretty much every other team in the world, there’s always kids at old firm games, stop trying to make a mountain out a mole hill !

3 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Jesus Christ, if you get offended by words to songs they sing then football isn’t for you I’m afraid, we don’t want to hear it but come on get a grip young kids couldn’t care less what they are saying, offended for the sake of being offended here I’m afraid !

3 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

I remember mentioning the same on here years ago after we’d played Rangers, there was a regular poster though who could list off every song sung that day. Probably knew all the words too.

Great news 👏 

We should keep it that way for both halfs of the old firm, 1000 away fans max for both imo. Gives us an advantage and we are a big enough club to sell out the stadium without them.

It's been said before but the only team that should get the full roseburn is h1b5 as they give us the same at ER.

Forever Hearts
5 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

What about the Hearts v Rangers games though?  That’s what this thread is about, not sure why you’re singling out Hearts v Celtic games.  

I thought they were both the same? Two cheeks of the same arse? The uglies? Etc etc....

professorfate

I can’t say I agree with hearts stance besides rangers will retaliate when hearts play at ibrox. I think it is a pr stunt to get more jambos at the game.

37 minutes ago, professorfate said:

I can’t say I agree with hearts stance besides rangers will retaliate when hearts play at ibrox. I think it is a pr stunt to get more jambos at the game.

Capital "H" in Hearts...more Jambos the better. Hope the PR stunt is successful:glorious:

Edited by OBE

fabienleclerq
9 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Hows it pathetic? It's up to individuals whether to take their kids to these games. It's not only the sporting wings bile, our own fans tend to get dragged down to their level. 

Fwiw I've taken the wee man to games against them since he was about 3 maybe younger, wouldn't criticise others for avoiding them though. 

4 hours ago, Thumperbeni said:

Of course it’s a myth, it’s a game of football ffs, they sing songs with bad words and lyrics and have drunken arseholes in there fan base same as pretty much every other team in the world, there’s always kids at old firm games, stop trying to make a mountain out a mole hill !

You seem absolutely raging with anger. Some people don’t take their kids to old firm games. That’s not a myth, it’s a fact. Hope that news doesn’t tip you over the edge. 

Forever Hearts
7 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Hows it pathetic? It's up to individuals whether to take their kids to these games. It's not only the sporting wings bile, our own fans tend to get dragged down to their level. 

Fwiw I've taken the wee man to games against them since he was about 3 maybe younger, wouldn't criticise others for avoiding them though. 

In my opinion it's pathetic not to take your kid to a game of football because of a song. It's actually beyond pathetic.  

2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

In my opinion it's pathetic not to take your kid to a game of football because of a song. It's actually beyond pathetic.  

Half the time it’s the mums that don’t want the kids to go. When my nephews were young I took them to all the games but their mum said no to old firm games because she feared there’d be trouble. Their dad (my brother) and me would’ve been fine with taking them. A bit over protective maybe but pathetic is a wee bit strong. 

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

I thought they were both the same? Two cheeks of the same arse? The uglies? Etc etc....

Why did you specifically mention Hearts v Celtic games when the thread is about Rangers tickets being reduced though?  Or did you not take your son to Hearts v Rangers games?  Surely the behaviour of the Rangers fans would be more relevant?

Fozzyonthefence
46 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Pretty understandable if parents don’t want to subject their young kids to an environment where hatred and sectarian abuse is rife.  Would you have taken them to somewhere you know a bunch of racists are going to be spewing out their bile?  There’s no difference but in Scotland one is seen as abhorrent and the other as acceptable banter or ok to sweep under the carpet.  Whether the words are in a song or not is irrelevant - say you were black and I gave you racist abuse but made up a wee song about it, would that make it more acceptable because it had a catchy tune?

5 hours ago, fila said:

lets hope we stick to this decision ( or reduce further) going forward irrespective if we sell out or not 

100%. A lot of folk saying “we must sell all our tickets now or we will look daft” and I couldnae disagree any more. If we don’t sell the tickets then so what? We are putting down a marker here, we are sending a message that we don’t need their money/bile (delete as appropriate). If we cannot take a (small) financial hit when us fans are pumping fortunes into the club, when can we? 

We need the space to grow our support. Maybe the likes of St Johnstone and Livingston should start thinking long term

about how to grow their own support, instead of dropping their kegs four times a year for short term gain. 

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Why did you specifically mention Hearts v Celtic games when the thread is about Rangers tickets being reduced though?  Or did you not take your son to Hearts v Rangers games?  Surely the behaviour of the Rangers fans would be more relevant?

Because the thread veered off track with people mentioning Hibs, Celtic and IRA songs. 

58 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Pretty understandable if parents don’t want to subject their young kids to an environment where hatred and sectarian abuse is rife.  Would you have taken them to somewhere you know a bunch of racists are going to be spewing out their bile?  There’s no difference but in Scotland one is seen as abhorrent and the other as acceptable banter or ok to sweep under the carpet.  Whether the words are in a song or not is irrelevant - say you were black and I gave you racist abuse but made up a wee song about it, would that make it more acceptable because it had a catchy tune?

I was going to football in the 70s and 80s as a kid when racist chants were common and I managed to not turn into a racist. Thankfully it's a rarity now in Scottish football and as I already said, most kids won't have a clue what the songs are about anyway. 

10 hours ago, Smithee said:

Say what you want about Vlad, you have to admire how much he hated those ****ers, fair play

Aye, he had them, the jackets and the media sussed out early on!

Fozzyonthefence
20 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Because the thread veered off track with people mentioning Hibs, Celtic and IRA songs. 

I was going to football in the 70s and 80s as a kid when racist chants were common and I managed to not turn into a racist. Thankfully it's a rarity now in Scottish football and as I already said, most kids won't have a clue what the songs are about anyway. 

I’m not so sure racism is all that much better these days, probably a bit - but it’s still there, people tend not to be so open about it now and hide, anonymously, behind social media instead.   I don’t think the kids are as bad with racism so it should get better when the dinosaurs die off.

Sectarianism on the other hand in this country shows no sign of going away. The kids might not understand what the songs are about but it doesn’t take much for them to soon be repeating them.  It’s been happening in this country far too long and needs to be taken as seriously as racism - the two are no better or worse than the other but you’ll probably disagree.